Barack Obama, our next President

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ... Full Story
carol

Orlando, FL

#816183 Dec 4, 2012
Anonymous of Indy wrote:
<quoted text>I agree, Greece is a good example of a Social Democracy where the people were able to vote themselves Government Social Benefits & Money and people of Greece proved Ben Franklin right when he said "When the people find they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." and we seen that with G.W. Bush but he called it Compassinate Conservatism and when he signed into law Medicare Part D by adding 7 trillion Dollars to the Federal Deficit which I agree I dont call it conservatism either, but True Conservative are all about self reliant.
Your analysis of Greece and social democracy was right on the mark.

However, your figure about the cost Medicare Part D was off the charts. The CBO estimated the cost at $724 billion. A far cry from $7 trillion.

Obamacare will cost $1.7 trillion. A far cry from $724 billion.

Obama increased the deficit by $6 trillion under his watch which exceeded Bush's entire 8 years.

The numbers always stack up against Obama far more than Bush. As much as some would like to believe otherwise.
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#816184 Dec 4, 2012
This week, Washington devoted every effort to blocking a Palestinian initiative to upgrade its status at the U.N. but failed, in virtual international isolation as usual. The reasons were revealing: Palestine might approach the International Criminal Court about Israel’s U.S.-backed crimes

One element of the unremitting torture of Gaza is Israel’s “buffer zone” within Gaza, from which Palestinians are barred entry to almost half of Gaza’s limited arable land.

From January 2012 to the launching of Israel’s latest killing spree on Nov. 14, Operation Pillar of Defense, one Israeli was killed by fire from Gaza while 78 Palestinians were killed by Israeli fire.

The full story is naturally more complex, and uglier.

The first act of Operation Pillar of Defense was to murder Ahmed Jabari. Aluf Benn, editor of the newspaper Haaretz, describes him as Israel’s “subcontractor” and “border guard” in Gaza, who enforced relative quiet there for more than five years.

The pretext for the assassination was that during these five years Jabari had been creating a Hamas military force, with missiles from Iran. A more credible reason was provided by Israeli peace activist Gershon Baskin, who had been involved in direct negotiations with Jabari for years, including plans for the eventual release of the captured Israeli soldier Gilad Shalit.

Baskin reports that hours before he was assassinated, Jabari “received the draft of a permanent truce agreement with Israel, which included mechanisms for maintaining the cease-fire in the case of a flare-up between Israel and the factions in the Gaza Strip.”

http://www.alternet.org/world/noam-chomsky-wh...
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#816185 Dec 4, 2012
GhostofRaygun wrote:
<quoted text>Everyone in the US for the last 10 years have paid the LOWEST tax rates in US history. That's not enough for you? All you Repubs like to remissness about the good ole Reagan years. The tax rates at that time were MUCH higher than they are now. Even Mitt would have been at a rate of 25% instead 15%. Just more PROOF that tax rates DO NOT change growth.
You think that retard is employable? She said she lives on $1600 a month.
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#816186 Dec 4, 2012
TheIndependentMajority wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, maybe...some of those overpaid CEO's will band their capital together and start afresh.....
Hostess has to have a secret chocolate ingredient--as nothing else taste like Hostess lol.
It causes dementia; that explains you, a life of ding dongs.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#816187 Dec 4, 2012
Republicans in Congress could shoulder most of the blame for failed fiscal cliff negotiations, according to a Washington Post/Pew Poll released Tuesday.

A 53 percent majority of Americans said congressional Republicans would be more to blame if leaders failed to hammer out a deal, while just 27 percent would mostly blame President Barack Obama.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/12/04/poll...
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#816188 Dec 4, 2012
House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi (D-CA) has announced that Democrats will file “a discharge petition, to force a vote on extending the middle income tax cut, on Tuesday at noon.”
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#816189 Dec 4, 2012
Rick Santorum has joined WorldNetDaily, a conspiracy theory blog best known for its indefatigable work advancing the birther movement, as an exclusive columnist

Classic!
carol

Orlando, FL

#816190 Dec 4, 2012
If the housing market collapse had taken place, say, under Clinton's or any Democrat president's watch and a Repblican Congress was in control of the purse strings for the two years preceding it, and if Bush or any Republican president had increased the deficit by $6 trillion blaming Clinton or any Democrat president for that increase, not only would the left have good reason to criticize him - but also the right.
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#816191 Dec 4, 2012
I see the economy still picking up, Mitt had no problem finding a job.
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#816192 Dec 4, 2012
Someone has betrayed Homer's trust and loyalty. Big mistake.
Realtime

Deltona, FL

#816193 Dec 4, 2012
Turkey's broadcast regulator has fined one TV Channel $30,000 for airing an episode of The Simpsons that has God taking orders from the devil.

It's the one where the devil tells God to bring him a coffee.

That kinda bullshyte went on in the USA sixty years ago.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#816194 Dec 4, 2012
carol wrote:
If the housing market collapse had taken place, say, under Clinton's or any Democrat president's watch and a Repblican Congress was in control of the purse strings for the two years preceding it, and if Bush or any Republican president had increased the deficit by $6 trillion blaming Clinton or any Democrat president for that increase, not only would the left have good reason to criticize him - but also the right.
The 'if' expert.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#816195 Dec 4, 2012
Exclusive: Dick Armey Quits Tea Party Group in Split Over Direction

"The top management team of FreedomWorks was taking a direction I thought was unproductive, and I thought it was time to move on with my life," Armey tells Mother Jones. "At this point, I don't want to get into the details. I just want to go on with my life."

In the email, Armey indicated that he wants nothing to do with FreedomWorks anymore. He asked that all user names, passwords, and security-related data created in his name be emailed to him by the close of business on December 4. He even insisted that FreedomWorks—"effective immediately"—was "prohibited" from using a booklet he authored. Was Armey's resignation a reaction to the recent election results? "Obviously I was not happy with the election results," he says. "We might've gotten better results if we had gone in a different direction. But it isn't that I got my nose out of line because we should've done better."

Armey declined to specify his disagreements with FreedomWorks. Asked if they were ideological or tactical, he replies, "They were matters of principle. It's how you do business as opposed to what you do. But I don't want to be the guy to create problems."

http://www.motherjones.com/mojo/2012/12/dick-...
Realtime

Deltona, FL

#816196 Dec 4, 2012
November was the best month for auto sales in the US since January 2008. The Detroit three all showed increases with Chrysler leading the way with a 14% gain over last year. The Asians also showed gains with Honda sales improving a whopping 38% over last November.

Obviously Obama's reelection bolstered consumer confidence.
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#816197 Dec 4, 2012
sonicfilter wrote:
Exclusive: Dick Armey Quits Tea Party Group in Split Over Direction
"The top management team of FreedomWorks was taking a direction I thought was unproductive, and I thought it was time to move on with my life," Armey tells Mother Jones. "At this point, I don't want to get into the details. I just want to go on with my life."
In the email, Armey indicated that he wants nothing to do with FreedomWorks anymore. He asked that all user names, passwords, and security-related data created in his name be emailed to him by the close of business on December 4. He even insisted that FreedomWorks—"effective immediately"—was "prohibited" from using a booklet he authored. Was Armey's resignation a reaction to the recent election results? "Obviously I was not happy with the election results," he says. "We might've gotten better results if we had gone in a different direction. But it isn't that I got my nose out of line because we should've done better."
Armey declined to specify his disagreements with FreedomWorks. Asked if they were ideological or tactical, he replies, "They were matters of principle. It's how you do business as opposed to what you do. But I don't want to be the guy to create problems."
http://www.motherjones.com/mojo/2012/12/dick-...
I understand Tea Party memebers will still be allowed to refer to themeselves as being part of the dick army.
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#816198 Dec 4, 2012
Realtime wrote:
November was the best month for auto sales in the US since January 2008. The Detroit three all showed increases with Chrysler leading the way with a 14% gain over last year. The Asians also showed gains with Honda sales improving a whopping 38% over last November.
Obviously Obama's reelection bolstered consumer confidence.
The fear of a Romney presidency and subsequent destruction of the middle class fading into memory.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#816199 Dec 4, 2012
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>I understand Tea Party memebers will still be allowed to refer to themeselves as being part of the dick army.
Short walk down that road. Pun intended.
Old Liberals

United States

#816200 Dec 4, 2012
lily boca raton fl wrote:
This week, Washington devoted every effort to blocking a Palestinian initiative to upgrade its status at the U.N. but failed, in virtual international isolation as usual. The reasons were revealing: Palestine might approach the International Criminal Court about Israel’s U.S.-backed crimes
One element of the unremitting torture of Gaza is Israel’s “buffer zone” within Gaza, from which Palestinians are barred entry to almost half of Gaza’s limited arable land.
From January 2012 to the launching of Israel’s latest killing spree on Nov. 14, Operation Pillar of Defense, one Israeli was killed by fire from Gaza while 78 Palestinians were killed by Israeli fire.
The full story is naturally more complex, and uglier.
The first act of Operation Pillar of Defense was to murder Ahmed Jabari. Aluf Benn, editor of the newspaper Haaretz, describes him as Israel’s “subcontractor” and “border guard” in Gaza, who enforced relative quiet there for more than five years.
The pretext for the assassination was that during these five years Jabari had been creating a Hamas military force, with missiles from Iran. A more credible reason was provided by Israeli peace activist Gershon Baskin, who had been involved in direct negotiations with Jabari for years, including plans for the eventual release of the captured Israeli soldier Gilad Shalit.
Baskin reports that hours before he was assassinated, Jabari “received the draft of a permanent truce agreement with Israel, which included mechanisms for maintaining the cease-fire in the case of a flare-up between Israel and the factions in the Gaza Strip.”
http://www.alternet.org/world/noam-chomsky-wh...
Interesting you posted an anti-Israel, Pro-Terrorist story where Obama is "supposedly" supporting Israel, yet you don't question Obama doing so. You leftards are so full of contadiction and devoid of priciple.
Old Liberals

United States

#816201 Dec 4, 2012
lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
It causes dementia; that explains you, a life of ding dongs.
lily demonstrates her class again.
Old Liberals

United States

#816202 Dec 4, 2012
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>The fear of a Romney presidency and subsequent destruction of the middle class fading into memory.
So now we have the reality of Obama and the "continued" elimination of the middle class. You old liberals must be proud!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 16 min truth-facts 46,666
Amy 9-18 36 min Kuuipo 23
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 46 min Loser GOP 178,052
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 2 hr Jonah1 49,838
A short math question. I will reply with answer... 2 hr MalignantNarcissi... 5
Antarctic Ice Sheet Largest by Far in 25 Years 2 hr ThisWhatAlGorpMeant 4
FLOOD of illegal alien kids explained. 2 hr YaGottaWatchAndReply 2
Amy 9-16 2 hr ralph 58
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 3 hr billyh 98,228
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
•••
•••