Barack Obama, our next President

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ... Full Story

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

#816224 Dec 4, 2012
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
Your analysis of Greece and social democracy was right on the mark.
However, your figure about the cost Medicare Part D was off the charts. The CBO estimated the cost at $724 billion. A far cry from $7 trillion.
Obamacare will cost $1.7 trillion. A far cry from $724 billion.
Obama increased the deficit by $6 trillion under his watch which exceeded Bush's entire 8 years.
The numbers always stack up against Obama far more than Bush. As much as some would like to believe otherwise.
You fail to mention that Bush's Medicare Drug Plan was a giant gift to drug companies.

He failed to allow the Gov't to negotiate prices paid for drugs, making the programfar more expensive than it needed to be.

Who negotiates for drkug prices?? The VA and Medicaid programs. Both proven to have saved taxpayers Billions by negotiating for the best price.

Once again, Dubya gave a giant gift to his wealthy sponsors.

You really don't get it, do you?? After all these years, you still don't get it!!

None are so blind as those who will not see. That be you, Lorac!!

Since: Nov 11

Westerville, OH

#816225 Dec 4, 2012
Orangelion wrote:
Obama invests in tax, first the poor, now the rich. He is trying to cutback again on the poor, so he can increase the riches money, so after that, he can go back to the poor again with the excuse that the rich wasn't enough, so it doesn't look like he is just scrounging for tax. He also supports the PBS, which allows unmonitered material on television and onto our children, as well as having biased news articles unchecked. He is allowing the DREAM act bill, which allows illegal immigrant children to progress and take peoples jobs and damage america. He also allows murderous abortion, as well as condoms which is decreasing our population, as well as encouraging more teens to have sex and increasing teen pregnancy. He is also allowing gay marriage, which will turn children into sexual deviants and gay converts, as well as destroy the american family.
More American abortions more Muslims take over!!!

sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#816226 Dec 4, 2012
martinezjosei wrote:
<quoted text>
And you believe that Zimmerman killed Trayvon just because he is black!!!
And Obama did not closer oil production in the gulf nor killed the oil pipeline from Canada and he has nothing to do with the high price of gas!!!
See? You think you are smart but you are a liberal instead!!
High gas prices hurts companies bottoms line, less hiring, more expenses, nothing in return because of Obama's policies against oil!!!
Solar panels and expensive efficiency windows can not make up for Obama's incompetent policies that bring the price of oil high!!!
During Bush there were liberal media interviewing the pain of paying $2.00 a gallon at a gas station. Where are they now at $4.00 a gallon?
Nowhere thereby confirming that we conservatives are right because the liberals are hypocrites!!
Gas was $4.00 a gallon in 2008. And so.....

Video: Fox News Defends President Over High Gas Prices

http://www.mediaite.com/tv/video-fox-news-def...
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#816227 Dec 4, 2012
sonicfilter wrote:
Most Americans say that employers -- even religious ones -- should provide birth control coverage to their employees, according to a survey released on Monday (Dec. 3).
The poll by LifeWay Research also showed that almost two-thirds of Americans (63 percent) believe businesses should be required to provide the coverage for free, even if contraception conflicts with the owner's religious ethics.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/12/03/most...
It's been an extremely bad year for right wing talking points.
Can you explain why birth control should be different from any other medical service in that it should be provided free?

Since: Nov 11

Westerville, OH

#816228 Dec 4, 2012
GhostofRaygun wrote:
<quoted text>One thing I still don't understand from all you anti-tax Repubs is that for 10 years now the tax rates on everyone has been the lowest in US history. 10 YEARS!!!!!! To hear you all it sounds like we are back in the Reagan years when the highest tax rate was 50%.
You really think that taxing small business to 100% will stop Obama from giving money to his friend for his own reelection!!!!

You must be liberal!!!

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

#816229 Dec 4, 2012
martinezjosei wrote:
<quoted text>
Internet protocol: Do not accuse other of misspellings. Many word processors will spell check and change the intended word desired or will ignore its spelling. It is not appropriate to criticize the spelling on any electronic communication.
You blameyour ignorance on spell check programs??

Try again, nitwit.

Find me a spellchecker that can't spell 'clamoring'.

Your english as a second language is the problem here, filipino. Along with your low IQ.

“Often imitated”

Since: Jul 07

never duplicated

#816230 Dec 4, 2012
Lily Boca Raton Fl wrote:
<quoted text>
"Heard on Levin today"!!! Classic!
Keep quoting your fellow drunk randi rhodes, ya fckn lush.

“Often imitated”

never duplicated

#816231 Dec 4, 2012
Lily Boca Raton Fl wrote:
<quoted text>
The rain man will repeat this all fking day now, just like the Libya question. Why don't you call and ask her you retard
Hey beast, you're especially vile today. The ambulance chaser not come home again?
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#816232 Dec 4, 2012
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Can you explain why birth control should be different from any other medical service in that it should be provided free?
Free?

Try it again without the programmed right wing talking points.

“Often imitated”

never duplicated

#816233 Dec 4, 2012
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
The poor & Middle Class who live basically check to check pay tax on 100% of their income while the wealthy pay tax on only a portion of theirs.
Yep, typical right whiner, wanting to give the wealthy tax free income.
Quit making stupid sht up, putz.

“Often imitated”

never duplicated

#816234 Dec 4, 2012
flack wrote:
<quoted text> Profit margin?
" as well as the fact that some of the profits of American companies come from abroad."

In other words, the dollar ain't worth sht these days.

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#816235 Dec 4, 2012
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Aren't most preventative care measures provided at little or no out of pocket cost to the covered individual?
Realtime

Deltona, FL

#816236 Dec 4, 2012
Jane Says wrote:
<quoted text>Hurricane Sandy also had something to do with car sales in November.
It's been reported that 250,000 vehicles were destroyed in that storm and that many again damaged so it's possible that Sandy had a positive effect on November's sales.

Would need to see the by region numbers to know how much__math says that it was a terrific month even without Sandy.

“Often imitated”

never duplicated

#816237 Dec 4, 2012
Homer wrote:
Someone has betrayed Homer's trust and loyalty. Big mistake.
Did your dog poo on the rug again?

“Often imitated”

never duplicated

#816238 Dec 4, 2012
Nuculur option wrote:
Petraeus for president? Fox’s Ailes seemed to like the idea
""Fox News chairman Roger Ailes wanted Gen. David Petraeus to run for president in 2012.
Ailes, former campaign adviser to Richard Nixon, sent a Fox News contributor to Afghanistan in the spring of 2011 to deliver the message to Petraeus, the Washington Post's Bob Woodward reports. The recently disgraced director of the Central Intelligence Agency was then commander of U.S. and allied forces in Kabul.
Kathleen T. McFarland, the contributor, and a former national security and Pentagon aide, spoke with Petraeus for 90 minutes in the general's office there. Woodward obtained an audio recording of the conversation, which was posted on the Post's website.
"[Ailes] loves you, and everybody at Fox loves you," McFarland told Petraeus at one point.
Near the end of their conversation, McFarland relayed the message from Ailes: If President Obama offered Petraeus the job of chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, take it. "If you're offered anything else," McFarland said, "don't take it. Resign in six months and run for president. Okay?"And I know you're not running for president," McFarland added. "But at some point when you go to New York next, you may want to just chat with Roger. And Rupert Murdoch, for that matter."
"Well, Rupert's after me, as well," Petraeus replied. "Look, what I have told people is, I truly want to continue to serve my country if it is in a, you know, a quite significantly meaningful position. And there's all of about two of those in the world. You all have really got to shut your mouths—or shut your ... yeah, shut your mouths, too."
"I'm only reporting this back to Roger," McFarland assured Petraeus. "That's our deal."
Petraeus said he would consider the position of Joint Chiefs chairman and possibly "one other" post, "but that's about it. I'm not going to, you know, go to NATO meetings for the rest of my life, or fight service budget battles or anything like that," he said.
Petraeus was appointed CIA director in September 2011. He resigned last month after admitting to an extramarital affair with Paula Broadwell, his biographer.
Ailes confirmed to Woodward that he did give McFarland advice to deliver to Petraeus, but it was meant in jest.
"It was more of a joke, a wiseass way I have," Ailes said. "I thought the Republican field needed to be shaken up and Petraeus might be a good candidate. It sounds like she thought she was on a secret mission in the Reagan administration. She was way out of line.... It's someone's fantasy to make me a kingmaker. It's not my job."
----------
Yeah, those nitwits at FAUX sure can pick 'em!!
And yet, we have fat little hausfraus like Carol believing every bit of nonsense she hears on FAUX.
She still hasn't figured out how her heroes could have been sssoooooo wrong about the election!! After all, nobody has been re-elected with unemployment so high, right??
I'm lovin' it!!
How many new socks are you going to create today? Its a given that they'll all be attacking carol. Stupid fck.

“Often imitated”

never duplicated

#816239 Dec 4, 2012
Nuculur option wrote:
<quoted text>
You fail to mention that Bush's Medicare Drug Plan was a giant gift to drug companies.
He failed to allow the Gov't to negotiate prices paid for drugs, making the programfar more expensive than it needed to be.
Who negotiates for drkug prices?? The VA and Medicaid programs. Both proven to have saved taxpayers Billions by negotiating for the best price.
Once again, Dubya gave a giant gift to his wealthy sponsors.
You really don't get it, do you?? After all these years, you still don't get it!!
None are so blind as those who will not see. That be you, Lorac!!
And obamacare is a giant gift to insurance companies. And let's not forget all the gifts it took to get enough votes.
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#816240 Dec 4, 2012
Eman wrote:
<quoted text>
Did your dog poo on the rug again?
No, this was a human with whom I will soon smite down with a furious vengeance.

Homer will not abide by disloyalty and betrayal.
Orangelion

Wrexham, UK

#816241 Dec 4, 2012
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
States with ‘abstinence-only’ sex ed programs rank highest in teen pregnancies
http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2012/04/11/states-...
Step away from the right wing blogs/FOX.
Because obviously teens don't learn in school and pay attention properly and end up becoming pregnant. And teens also actually try to become pregnant too.
Orangelion

Wrexham, UK

#816242 Dec 4, 2012
Nuculur option wrote:
<quoted text>
Gunner's back!! Too big a coward to come back as himself,he's hiding behind a sockpuppet.
There was nothing in the post you responded to about teens and contraceptives. It concerned the belief that most Americans hold that access to Birth Control is part of any standard health care plan.
I know that the post wasn't about the actual use of birth control itself, I just wanted to raise the subject.
Realtime

Deltona, FL

#816243 Dec 4, 2012
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
It's only $8 per month at Target pal__chump change right? Geez, how many times did fred/Paul post that info? Hah!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 18 min litesong 46,842
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 25 min Cancer On The pRe... 178,214
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 51 min Cali Girl 2014 49,940
Abby 9-22 1 hr Mister Tonka 9
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 1 hr concerned bottoms... 98,252
IL Who do you support for Governor in Illinois in ... (Oct '10) 2 hr Good job 4,035
Abby 9-21-14 2 hr PEllen 9
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago