Barack Obama, our next President

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ... Full Story
Lily Boca Raton Fl

Boca Raton, FL

#816146 Dec 4, 2012
GhostofRaygun wrote:
<quoted text>One thing I still don't understand from all you anti-tax Repubs is that for 10 years now the tax rates on everyone has been the lowest in US history. 10 YEARS!!!!!! To hear you all it sounds like we are back in the Reagan years when the highest tax rate was 50%.
Boeing has paid negative -6.5% for 10 years even though they have been profitable
LIBERAL_DRIVEL

Oklahoma City, OK

#816147 Dec 4, 2012
Lily Boca Raton Fl wrote:
<quoted text>
"Heard on Levin today"!!! Classic!
what did you hear the last time you put your ear up against Bill Maher's anu s?
LIBERAL_DRIVEL

Oklahoma City, OK

#816148 Dec 4, 2012
<quoted text>
You should be institutionalized
you are up early...

all night drinking binge?
Lily Boca Raton Fl

Boca Raton, FL

#816149 Dec 4, 2012
TheIndependentMajority wrote:
<quoted text>
NOT in alot of REAL middle class working homes.
Drain...drain...tax OTHERS pockets and drain...the empty bobblehead DUHMOCRAPTIC chant.
Why is Hillary broke?
The rain man will repeat this all fking day now, just like the Libya question. Why don't you call and ask her you retard
TheIndependentMa jority

London, KY

#816150 Dec 4, 2012
<quoted text>
You should be institutionalized
I AM an definetly a good representative of an AMERICAN institution--that of HARD WORK, ETHICS, DECENCY, MORALITY and Loyality---you know ALL those WORTHY attributes that ELUDE psychoTic lunatic ones like you!!

Stop STALKING me---you dark age, nutcase FREAK.

The TEA Party!!
HERE to Stay!!
TheIndependentMa jority

London, KY

#816151 Dec 4, 2012
LIBERAL_DRIVEL wrote:
Shhhew...
Glad I am rich...
"...Middle Class Net Worth Collapses to 1969 Levels..."
http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2012/...
There's always saltines and tang lol.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#816152 Dec 4, 2012
LIBERAL_DRIVEL wrote:
Nothing to see here...
evil white rich guys doing what they do best...
"US Manufacturing Declines in November: ISM Index"
http://www.cnbc.com/id/100270379
Corporate Profits Were the Highest on Record Last Quarter

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/11/24/business/ec...

awkward.
Orangelion

Wrexham, UK

#816153 Dec 4, 2012
<quoted text>
Oh get lost with your constant gibberish. What's sad is that you're probably in your 60's and still dumb as a rock.
You're not decent, you're stupid
Don't respect older people do you leftwing looneys? Typical straight of democrats who inhibit teenage qualities in them.
Nj raider 1

United States

#816154 Dec 4, 2012
EasyEed wrote:
<quoted text>
"Nj"
No whining from me. I realize that American's elected a tax and spend loser in nobama. I am a firm believer that;
- American's are equals, all should be treated equally
- That success should not be punished
- That all should pay, nothing should be free, one should earn what he gets.
You are not very bright but if you could read and checked the tax rates you would note that there is a large difference in the tax rate when comparing a million dollar income with an income of 30 thousand.
Peace
KMA
Evidently your not as bright as you may want to believe. Either that or you have alzheimers, dementia, or something. Your question was concerning flat tax & when the guy brought up the chart, you clearly stated that you weren't talking about the marginal difference each class pays. 3rd thing, your question was based on fairness & I told you that it's only fair that higher earners pay more taxes. Republicans think that if they acknowledge the fact that they've been basically cheating the tax code & vow to make it fair , that somehow blind america to the fact that t they've been doing it for years. Obama ran on higher taxes on higher earners, not on closing loopholes! Like I said stop winning! The way the tax code is set up, thee rich get richer & the poor stay poor. This country needs change.
TheIndependentMa jority

London, KY

#816155 Dec 4, 2012
<quoted text>
Oh get lost with your constant gibberish. What's sad is that you're probably in your 60's and still dumb as a rock.
You're not decent, you're stupid
and tell 'em about your tendency to talk to yourself in your chit encrusted pwayschool sandbox mirror while you're at it-psychoTic, lunaTic nutcase FREAK.

Stop STALKING me, FREAK.
TheIndependentMa jority

London, KY

#816156 Dec 4, 2012
Orangelion wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't respect older people do you leftwing looneys? Typical straight of democrats who inhibit teenage qualities in them.
Are all democrats as ignorant as that nutcase
Thankfully... NO.

(maybe one of those "oops" children that never got enough attention)
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#816157 Dec 4, 2012
The House Makes an ‘Offer’

Which programs would be cut? The letter doesn’t say, and Republicans don’t seem to care, as long as they blindly achieve their goal of cutting a big chunk out of government. The offer was a transparent attempt to appear responsive to Mr. Obama’s detailed proposal from last week, without doing any actual math or hard work.

If Mr. Boehner had used a calculator, for example, he would have discovered it is impossible to produce $800 billion in revenue from eliminating deductions without severely curtailing the deduction for charitable donations, which is vital to the nonprofit sector. Doing so without limiting the charitable deduction would inevitably raise taxes on the middle class, as nonpartisan analysts have concluded, and would have a much greater effect on the upper middle class than on the very rich.

The only way to produce the necessary revenue is to combine some limits on deductions with an end to the Bush tax cuts on the rich, and Mr. Obama, fortunately, has been adamant he will not consider any plan that does not do so. The Boehner letter, by contrast, actually advocates lowering rates, suggesting that Republicans are still clinging to the notion, rejected by voters, that was put forward by Mitt Romney.

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/12/04/opinion/spe...
TheIndependentMa jority

London, KY

#816158 Dec 4, 2012
Nj raider 1 wrote:
<quoted text> Evidently your not as bright as you may want to believe. Either that or you have alzheimers, dementia, or something. Your question was concerning flat tax & when the guy brought up the chart, you clearly stated that you weren't talking about the marginal difference each class pays. 3rd thing, your question was based on fairness & I told you that it's only fair that higher earners pay more taxes. Republicans think that if they acknowledge the fact that they've been basically cheating the tax code & vow to make it fair , that somehow blind america to the fact that t they've been doing it for years. Obama ran on higher taxes on higher earners, not on closing loopholes! Like I said stop winning! The way the tax code is set up, thee rich get richer & the poor stay poor. This country needs change.
Well it won't..unless they initiate a Federal flat SALES tax---ALL across the boards.

TOO much OUT--NOT enough back in!

REALITY.

Get "used" to THAT.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#816159 Dec 4, 2012
We learned last week that Romney 's pollster was relying on bad math based on bad assumptions, and I think here again you have the republican party doing the same thing. what are we talking about? Closing loopholes to try to fix the gap. We already had that conversation in the context of the election, and a number of economists said that that wouldn't work, which is part of the reason that the president is insisting on this conversation about the rates set for the top 2%. What do we hear about? the job creators. time and again. Governor Romney was not able to convince a majority of americans that by protecting the job creators and trickle down economics, we were going to solve our problem. 53% of americans thought he favored the rich and wasn't going to help the middle class for the poor. I think it's a deeper problem. Most of the rhetoric sounds a lot like the Romney plan.

http://video.msnbc.msn.com/martin-bashir/5006...

Who is this Romney guy they keep talking about?
TheIndependentMa jority

London, KY

#816160 Dec 4, 2012
LIBERAL_DRIVEL wrote:
<quoted text>
you are up early...
all night drinking binge?
Think it's beyond that---like something major psycho wrong.
<quoted text>
The rain man will repeat this all fking day now, just like the Libya question. Why don't you call and ask her you retard
TheIndependentMa jority

London, KY

#816161 Dec 4, 2012
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
those who do not have the desire.
is that the only reason someone would need help from the government?
give me a break.
let's be honest: i can't answer a question that is so obviously biased in any way that you'll agree with. your mind is set and you just want a punching bag. i'd think you'd know better by now.
have a nice night.
No, of course it's not the only reason people need help.

But you have to admit, a system that keeps rewarding those that do NOTHING to deserve it (while punishing those who have actually EARNED and contributed to it) IS in major need of reform.
TheIndependentMa jority

London, KY

#816162 Dec 4, 2012
sonicfilter wrote:
We learned last week that Romney 's pollster was relying on bad math based on bad assumptions, and I think here again you have the republican party doing the same thing. what are we talking about? Closing loopholes to try to fix the gap. We already had that conversation in the context of the election, and a number of economists said that that wouldn't work, which is part of the reason that the president is insisting on this conversation about the rates set for the top 2%. What do we hear about? the job creators. time and again. Governor Romney was not able to convince a majority of americans that by protecting the job creators and trickle down economics, we were going to solve our problem. 53% of americans thought he favored the rich and wasn't going to help the middle class for the poor. I think it's a deeper problem. Most of the rhetoric sounds a lot like the Romney plan.
http://video.msnbc.msn.com/martin-bashir/5006...
Must be another one of those "obsessions"--goes with that velveteenage poster worship stuff.
LIBERAL_DRIVEL

Oklahoma City, OK

#816163 Dec 4, 2012
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
Corporate Profits Were the Highest on Record Last Quarter
http://www.nytimes.com/2010/11/24/business/ec...
awkward.
thank goodness for 8 dollar an hour wire monkeys...hooking up surround sound rooms....

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

#816164 Dec 4, 2012
TheIndependentMajority wrote:
<quoted text>
G'morning Flack...back to almost near normal seasonal temps today maybe lol.
Going to be low 70's here.
LIBERAL_DRIVEL

Oklahoma City, OK

#816165 Dec 4, 2012
sonicfilter wrote:
he's the guy that buys the $40K flat panels you have your 8 buck an hour installers hang on the wall....

Tennis anyone?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Mrs. Bush: History will vindicate her husband (Jun '08) 17 min Swedenforever 54,527
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 1 hr Jamie 48,583
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 1 hr Guru 180,901
Aldi's is the Worst Supermarket Chain (Jun '12) 1 hr Jamie 330
Boycott all Topix Sponsors 1 hr Jamie 5
World's Best Photo Art 1 hr Jamie 3
Amy Nov 26 5 hr Mister Tonka 4
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 15 hr primetime justice 98,694
Chicago Dating
Find my Match

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chicago News, Events & Info