Barack Obama, our next President

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ... Full Story

“It's all about the struggle”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#815954 Dec 3, 2012
dem wrote:
<quoted text>
That's my motto!
Liar.

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

#815955 Dec 3, 2012
Eman wrote:
<quoted text>
Nice fluff piece but it doesn't answer my question.
Getting rid of the Bush tax rates on everyone raises $4.5 trillion over the next ten years. Getting rid of the Bush tax rates on just the people over $250,000 raises $800 billion which mean the 98% get to keep $3.7 trillion over the next ten years. This is fair?

Obama and crew is playing you libtards like a fine fiddle!

You really believe he is going to pay down the debt? He is going to spend it all and a lot more!! Merry morans, all of you!!!
wamc

Crossville, TN

#815958 Dec 3, 2012
check out The 2012 Declaration of Independence Facebook page
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#815961 Dec 3, 2012
White House: GOP Fiscal Cliff Offer ‘Sticks The Middle Class With The Bill’

http://livewire.talkingpointsmemo.com/entry/w...
GOPidiotsx

Chicago, IL

#815962 Dec 3, 2012
flack wrote:
<quoted text> Getting rid of the Bush tax rates on everyone raises $4.5 trillion over the next ten years. Getting rid of the Bush tax rates on just the people over $250,000 raises $800 billion which mean the 98% get to keep $3.7 trillion over the next ten years. This is fair?
Obama and crew is playing you libtards like a fine fiddle!
You really believe he is going to pay down the debt? He is going to spend it all and a lot more!! Merry morans, all of you!!!
And what's the Republican plan, hmmmm?
GOP debt talk has always been a sham.
GOP controlled everything for 8 years and did they cut anything? They exploded the deficit AND the national debt.

“Often imitated”

Since: Jul 07

never duplicated

#815964 Dec 3, 2012
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Obama has an infrastructure building program in his plan & the Republicans are having a fit.
You want jobs, talk to Boehner & McConnell.
Another infrastructure building program? I guess the first one didn't work out so well.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#815966 Dec 3, 2012
White House deficit commission co-chair Erskine Bowles, whose testimony Republicans cited as the model for their counter-offer to avoid the fiscal cliff, dismissed the GOP proposal.

In a statement Monday afternoon, Bowles, a former Clinton White House chief of staff, said that "circumstances have changed since" his remarks to the super committee in Nov. 2011, during which he offered a set of revenue and spending targets that formed the basis for the Republican offer presented in a letter to the White House today.

"In my testimony before the Joint Select Committee on Deficit Reduction, I simply took the mid-point of the public offers put forward during the negotiations to demonstrate where I thought a deal could be reached at that time," Bowles' statement said. "The Joint Select Committee failed to reach a deal, and circumstances have changed since then. It is up to negotiators to figure out where the middle ground is today."

"While I'm flattered the Speaker would call something 'the Bowles plan,'" he said, "the approach outlined in the letter Speaker Boehner sent to the President does not represent the Simpson-Bowles plan, nor is it the Bowles plan."

http://livewire.talkingpointsmemo.com/entry/b...
GOPidiotsx

Chicago, IL

#815968 Dec 3, 2012
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
Take The Boy Messiah's hand. He'll walk you toward the light.
Hee, Hee.
He's no Messiah, but he sure knows how to wipe the floor with Republicans.
Keep whining!

“Often imitated”

never duplicated

#815969 Dec 3, 2012
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
lol
why do republicans? the more fitting question at the moment.
so can anyone tell me what are the specific cuts to entitlements that the Republicans want to make?(i know the dollar figures. try harder. specific.)
The same question can be asked of obama's so called cuts. Specifics please.

“Often imitated”

never duplicated

#815972 Dec 3, 2012
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>Stop it, the guy is a jackass. He's never had a kind word for anyone that disagrees with him. He's a disrepectful person, always changing people's names into something disparaging, Homer has no time for that.
"leosampleanus" is freakin hilarious
GOPidiotsx

Chicago, IL

#815973 Dec 3, 2012
Eman wrote:
<quoted text>
Another infrastructure building program? I guess the first one
didn't work out so well.
Is that what Dick Morris told you?
Romney in a landslide LOLOLOLOL
wamc

Crossville, TN

#815976 Dec 3, 2012
The 2012 Declaration of Independence

When in the course of human events, it becomes necessary for one people to dissolve the political bands which have connected them with another, and to assume among the powers of the earth, the separate and equal station to which the Laws of Nature and of Nature's God entitle them, a decent respect to the opinions of mankind requires that they should declare the causes which impel them to the separation.
That to secure these rights, governments are instituted among men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed, that whenever any form of government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the right of the people to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to influence their safety and happiness.
But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same object evinces a design to diminish them under absolute repression, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such government, and to provide new guards for their future security.
Legislative bodies have been called together in places unusual, and uncomfortable, from the collection of their public records, for the sole purpose of fatiguing them into submission with the governments measures.
They are erecting a multitude of new offices, and groups of officers to harass our people and eat out their substance.
They have combined with others to subject us to a jurisdiction foreign to our constitution, and unacknowledged by our laws; giving assent to their acts of fabricated legislation: For imposing taxes on us without our compliance: For altering fundamentally the systems of our governments:
In every stage of these oppressions we have petitioned for redress in the most humble terms: Our repeated petitions have not been resolved.
We have warned them from time to time of attempts by their legislature to extend an unwarrantable jurisdiction over us.
We have appealed to their forms of justice and high-mindedness, and we have conjured them by the ties of our common kindred to disavow these usurpations, which would inevitably interrupt our connections and correspondence. They too have been deaf to the voice of justice and of liberty. We must, therefore, comply in the necessity, which denounces our separation, and hold them, as we hold the rest of mankind, enemies in war, in peace friends.
We, therefore, the true representatives of the United States of America, assembled, appealing to the Supreme Judge of the world for the rectitude of our intentions, do, in the name, and by authority of the good people of these States, solemnly publish and declare, that these United States are, and of right ought to be free and independent States and that as free and independent States, they have full sovereignty to levy war, conclude Peace, contract alliances, establish commerce, and to do all other acts and things which independent States may of right do. And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine providence, we mutually pledge to each other our lives, our fortunes and our sacred honor.

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#815979 Dec 3, 2012
GOPidiotsx wrote:
<quoted text>
He's no Messiah, but he sure knows how to wipe the floor with Republicans.
Keep whining!
Whining? You hear voices, too?
Did God tell you to act stupid?

Maybe the Boy Messiah is sending you messages right through the pie-pan you're wearing!
GOPidiotsx

Chicago, IL

#815992 Dec 3, 2012
wamc wrote:
The 2012 Declaration of Independence
When in the course of human events, it becomes necessary for one people to dissolve the political bands which have connected them with another, and to assume among the powers of the earth, the separate and equal station to which the Laws of Nature and of Nature's God entitle them, a decent respect to the opinions of mankind requires that they should declare the causes which impel them to the separation.
That to secure these rights, governments are instituted among men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed, that whenever any form of government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the right of the people to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to influence their safety and happiness.
But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same object evinces a design to diminish them under absolute repression, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such government, and to provide new guards for their future security.
Legislative bodies have been called together in places unusual, and uncomfortable, from the collection of their public records, for the sole purpose of fatiguing them into submission with the governments measures.
They are erecting a multitude of new offices, and groups of officers to harass our people and eat out their substance.
They have combined with others to subject us to a jurisdiction foreign to our constitution, and unacknowledged by our laws; giving assent to their acts of fabricated legislation: For imposing taxes on us without our compliance: For altering fundamentally the systems of our governments:
In every stage of these oppressions we have petitioned for redress in the most humble terms: Our repeated petitions have not been resolved.
We have warned them from time to time of attempts by their legislature to extend an unwarrantable jurisdiction over us.
We have appealed to their forms of justice and high-mindedness, and we have conjured them by the ties of our common kindred to disavow these usurpations, which would inevitably interrupt our connections and correspondence. They too have been deaf to the voice of justice and of liberty. We must, therefore, comply in the necessity, which denounces our separation, and hold them, as we hold the rest of mankind, enemies in war, in peace friends.
We, therefore, the true representatives of the United States of America, assembled, appealing to the Supreme Judge of the world for the rectitude of our intentions, do, in the name, and by authority of the good people of these States, solemnly publish and declare, that these United States are, and of right ought to be free and independent States and that as free and independent States, they have full sovereignty to levy war, conclude Peace, contract alliances, establish commerce, and to do all other acts and things which independent States may of right do. And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine providence, we mutually pledge to each other our lives, our fortunes and our sacred honor.
You lost the election (again) because your candidate and your( lack of) ideas suck.
Go ahead and secede.

Since: Feb 08

Spokane, WA

#815994 Dec 3, 2012
Nuculur option wrote:
<quoted text>
Watch out, Lorac's been reading Newsmax again!!
Will the whining little Carol ever face the fact that Obama won and her merry band of nitwits lost??
Elections have consequences. One is that you nitwsits need to STFU after losing the past election bigtime!!
----------
While you're at it, consider this;
President George W. Bush spent over 124 million taxpayer dollars on trips to his ranch in Crawford, TX, and using John Boehner’s logic we demand that the GOP pay us back.
While trying to distract America from the fact that his own caucus passed a budget that would double the interest rate on student loans, Speaker of the House John Boehner is whipping up the faux outrage over the cost of President Obama’s travel this week. Today, Boehner said,“This week, the President traveled across the country on taxpayers’ dime, at a cost of $179,000 an hour, insisting that Congress fix a problem that we were already working on. Frankly, I think this is beneath the dignity of the White House.”
Not surprisingly, John Boehner was totally silent when President George W. Bush was setting the presidential record for most vacation days. Bush was not only on vacation more than any other president. He spent more money on non-official travel than any other president in American history. As president, George W. Bush used Air Force One to fly to his ranch in Crawford, TX for vacation.
Boehner’s comments about the cost of Obama’s travel got us thinking about how much money the Republican Party owes taxpayers for George W. Bush’s non-official vacation travels. Using a method that we have cleverly coined Boehner Math, this is what we came up with.
Number of George W. Bush flights for vacation in Crawford, TX: 77
Cost of running Air Force One:$179,000/hour
Flight time one way from the White House to Crawford: 4.5 hours
Cost of one way flight:$805,500
Roundtrip cost:$1,611,000
Total cost to taxpayers of Bush’s vacation trips to the ranch:$124,047,000
Unlike President Bush who used Air Force One as personal vacation and campaign jet, President Obama’s events were held to discuss the public policy issue of the impending increase in the student loan interest rate. Bush spent over $124 million of our tax dollars flying to Crawford to clear brush, and while he was doing this Republicans like John Boehner never demanded that he pay back the cost of his travel to the taxpayers.
Boehner and the Republican Party just don’t get it. This is a non-issue, and if they really want people to look into the cost of presidential travel, they aren’t going to like the results. They are not going to be able to paint Obama as a presidential globetrotter whose largesse is coming on the taxpayer dime.
Instead of creating a distraction issue, Boehner and the Republican Party attack on President Obama has alerted the American people to the fact that they owe us a whole lot of money. And we would like to be paid.
George W. Bush and the Republican Party owe taxpayers over $124 million, so until Boehner and Bush pay us back, the Speaker needs to keep his hypocrisy infected mouth closed.""
----------
"nutsucker"
One more time your ignorance comes to the front. Bush pissed away a 124 million on travel. Your hero, president nobama, has pissed away more than 6 trillion dollars in just 4 years adding to the national debt. Bush was a piker.
Peace
KMA
Linda

Edison, NJ

#815995 Dec 3, 2012
new yawk wrote:
<quoted text>
Ummmm!
Hi, Linda.
That tongue lashing you gave me last night reminded me of my dog.
No surprise there that you posted an insane, perverted rant because you couldn't sanely comment on what I posted:

There was a time in history when European countries also voted to become ineffective welfare states. The French recently decided to make that permanent and I can't wait to see how well they do with their increased taxes on their wealthy citizens.
TheIndependentMa jority

London, KY

#815997 Dec 3, 2012
dem wrote:
<quoted text>
Suffering from post election blahs?
Fkn yourself just not doing it for ya?
Maybe I can cheer you up.
No
No
and No.

How a bout You get your own life potty mouth duhmbo-and not stick your nose into others!!
Linda

Edison, NJ

#815998 Dec 3, 2012
Santa Jesus wrote:
Living in your own fantasy world may feel nice and even comforting but math is real and Republican math just doesn't add up. Joe Biden trounced your math genius Paul Ryan, who couldn't be bothered to do the math on his own proposals. Tax cuts don't create revenue, they create deficits, but Republican math isn't designed to add up, it is designed to do the one thing Republicans care about, making rich people richer. David Koch and Rupert Murdoch aren't paying for moderation. The fact is, Republican tax policies create deficits on purpose so Republicans can use those deficits as an excuse to destroy the social programs they have always tried to destroy. Watching Republicans wail about the deficits they created reminds me of that Gilbert Godfried joke about the guy who goes to the bar and then comes home drunk and tells his wife about how some other guy at the bar shit in his pants.
Europe has all those social programs and high taxes. Why is Europe failing?
TheIndependentMa jority

London, KY

#815999 Dec 3, 2012
raccoon tour wrote:
<quoted text>
That's jus' cause you never manage to get you videos back on time.
Ah don't do videos--is someone trying to use my good name AGAIN?
Linda

Edison, NJ

#816001 Dec 3, 2012
Santa Jesus wrote:
Carol I hope you are reading this free therapy session.
Carol, go ahead and go for your "free therapy session." By 2016, the "free" therapy session will have a wait time of about a year and a half.

Santa Jesus and the fourteen relatives living in his one bedroom rental, will be online in front of you.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 8 min JOEL 70,157
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 26 min KiMare 50,776
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 58 min Rogue Scholar 05 179,678
With apologies to "THE BEACH BOYS"! 3 hr Glen Fry 1
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 4 hr IBdaMann 47,596
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 6 hr Zap Brannigan 98,564
ISIS Plans to Blow Up an Entire American City a... 7 hr stupid amerikan 139

High Wind Warning for Cook County was issued at October 31 at 3:39AM CDT

Chicago Dating
Find my Match

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]