Barack Obama, our next President

Full story: Hampton Roads Daily Press

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Comments (Page 37,693)

Showing posts 753,841 - 753,860 of1,078,821
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 3, 2012

sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
No matter how it happens, Obama won't be going over the cliff...
According to senior administration officials, Obama is not eager to go over the cliff, but he is willing. If no deal is reached by the end of the month, all the Bush tax cuts—for the rich and not-rich—will evaporate. Obama would then demand in early January that the new Congress immediately pass legislation to reinstate the lower tax rates for the bottom 98 percent. Boehner and the Republicans presumably will find it difficult to say no and insist they will only vote for such tax relief if it includes breaks for the wealthy or cuts in Medicare and other government spending. As a Democratic strategist close to the White House says, "For years we've tried to make the case that the Republicans are willing to hold up tax cuts for 98 percent to help the guys at the top. This is the cleanest shot we've gotten at this."
http://www.motherjones.com/politics/2012/12/j...
but the republicans will be going all the way to the bottom.
They are so screwed.
Love it. I say do it and let the American people see who the Republicans really care about. Let them show their true colors.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 3, 2012

Judged:

j sebring wrote:
<quoted text>
Galt is always in campaign mode.
He's currently helping to elect Hillary in 2016.
Go tell it to Charlie Manson.

The Democrat Party will never nominate another white candidate for President.
raccoon tour

Luxembourg

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 3, 2012

Judged:

Carol the Fancy Fortune Teller sat at her booth at the Harvest Fair and shouted out to the passerby, "Read you fortune for a quarter! Find out about when you will find true love!"
carol

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 3, 2012

Judged:

Homer wrote:
<quoted text>Yes it will, you on the other hand will be watching Fox News.
Exactly. Like I said, one of us will know the truth. Which more than likely will be me. Because people like O'Reilly and Krauthammer aren't part of the Obama Team Cheerleading Squad.
TheIndependentMa jority

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 3, 2012

lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
That's what you do
Projecting yourself again psycho-lunaTic nutcase stalker?

You really should have that checked out.
TheIndependentMa jority

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 3, 2012

John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Seasonal cash businesses that have no overhead or benefits and pay no taxes help the economy and don't feed the government monster.
I know, isn't great to see some again lol.

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 3, 2012

Judged:

carol wrote:
<quoted text>
It was actually in February 2009, three months after his election in 2008.
He called for $3.6 trillion in spending in 2010 estimating that $2.4 trillion in revenue will be collected.
The question is: Did he estimate correctly?
However, consider this:
Obama exceeds all former presidents in extravagant and very costly White House dinners.
Two years ago, an extravaganza held for Mexican President Felipe Calderon included a performance by Beyonce and cost the taxpayers $969,793.
The dinner for the prime minister of India cost nearly half a million dollars.
Dinners for Chinese President Hu Jintao and British Prime Minister David Cameron were of the same level of extravagance.
I'm sure you would agree this kind of spending seems unfair with so many Americans out of work.
Watch out, Lorac's been reading Newsmax again!!

Will the whining little Carol ever face the fact that Obama won and her merry band of nitwits lost??

Elections have consequences. One is that you nitwsits need to STFU after losing the past election bigtime!!

----------

While you're at it, consider this;

President George W. Bush spent over 124 million taxpayer dollars on trips to his ranch in Crawford, TX, and using John Boehner’s logic we demand that the GOP pay us back.

While trying to distract America from the fact that his own caucus passed a budget that would double the interest rate on student loans, Speaker of the House John Boehner is whipping up the faux outrage over the cost of President Obama’s travel this week. Today, Boehner said,“This week, the President traveled across the country on taxpayers’ dime, at a cost of $179,000 an hour, insisting that Congress fix a problem that we were already working on. Frankly, I think this is beneath the dignity of the White House.”

Not surprisingly, John Boehner was totally silent when President George W. Bush was setting the presidential record for most vacation days. Bush was not only on vacation more than any other president. He spent more money on non-official travel than any other president in American history. As president, George W. Bush used Air Force One to fly to his ranch in Crawford, TX for vacation.

Boehner’s comments about the cost of Obama’s travel got us thinking about how much money the Republican Party owes taxpayers for George W. Bush’s non-official vacation travels. Using a method that we have cleverly coined Boehner Math, this is what we came up with.

Number of George W. Bush flights for vacation in Crawford, TX: 77

Cost of running Air Force One:$179,000/hour

Flight time one way from the White House to Crawford: 4.5 hours

Cost of one way flight:$805,500

Roundtrip cost:$1,611,000

Total cost to taxpayers of Bush’s vacation trips to the ranch:$124,047,000

Unlike President Bush who used Air Force One as personal vacation and campaign jet, President Obama’s events were held to discuss the public policy issue of the impending increase in the student loan interest rate. Bush spent over $124 million of our tax dollars flying to Crawford to clear brush, and while he was doing this Republicans like John Boehner never demanded that he pay back the cost of his travel to the taxpayers.

Boehner and the Republican Party just don’t get it. This is a non-issue, and if they really want people to look into the cost of presidential travel, they aren’t going to like the results. They are not going to be able to paint Obama as a presidential globetrotter whose largesse is coming on the taxpayer dime.

Instead of creating a distraction issue, Boehner and the Republican Party attack on President Obama has alerted the American people to the fact that they owe us a whole lot of money. And we would like to be paid.

George W. Bush and the Republican Party owe taxpayers over $124 million, so until Boehner and Bush pay us back, the Speaker needs to keep his hypocrisy infected mouth closed.""

----------
John Galt

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 3, 2012

Judged:

Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>You're showing both your age and your small town life's experience again pally__oh and that you haven't a clue about sales taxes.
You're thinking about church or non-profit sales__private sales are a different animal.
Sure. And all cash sales in all businesses, seasonal or not, actually get rung up and sales taxes are paid.

Surely you know that some cash businesses pay their employees in cash, "off the books", with no Social Security or tax withholding.

The higher the taxes, the more the economy goes underground.
carol

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 3, 2012

Judged:

raccoon tour wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh for goodness sakes, carol. You wouldn't know the truth if it ran up your ass and sang Yankee Doodle Dandy. Now bend over and spread them cheeks. Daddy needs some brownish sugar.
Go find your sister then...or your mother...whichever...doesn't really matter to you, I'm sure.
TheIndependentMa jority

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 3, 2012

lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
Kerrrriiist! She's totally, totally "out there"
So, Cucinelli is not against homosexuality, but just against their "acts"!!
Ok, so you can be gay but not have sex because it gives little boy Cucinelli a tingle!
What a nutjob.
and tell them about your pedophillic sexual deviances while you're at it....freak.
raccoon tour

Luxembourg

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 3, 2012

Judged:

The wizened old man appeared out of the crowd and carol could just see the stirrings of passion in his rheumy old eyes... "Read your fortune for a quarter, step right up..."

The old man did step up and he held out his bony hand and carol took it... it was surprisingly sticky she thought, but went ahead and read it anyway...

"Hmmmmm, long life line alright," they both chuckled, "and you'll find love late in life." She and he both looked up and it was easy to tell the old man's heart was breaking. "Oh no, honey," carol said. "Not me, don't fall in love with me." But it was too late, she could see that.

Carol sighed, and took off her turban, "C'mon, pal, we'd better go get a cup of coffee." And the old man followed her off down the midway like a chastened puppy.

Since: May 11

Fayetteville, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 3, 2012

carol wrote:
<quoted text>
It was actually in February 2009, three months after his election in 2008.
He called for $3.6 trillion in spending in 2010 estimating that $2.4 trillion in revenue will be collected.
The question is: Did he estimate correctly?
However, consider this:
Obama exceeds all former presidents in extravagant and very costly White House dinners.
Two years ago, an extravaganza held for Mexican President Felipe Calderon included a performance by Beyonce and cost the taxpayers $969,793.
The dinner for the prime minister of India cost nearly half a million dollars.
Dinners for Chinese President Hu Jintao and British Prime Minister David Cameron were of the same level of extravagance.
I'm sure you would agree this kind of spending seems unfair with so many Americans out of work.
How much did Bush spend? Do you know???
TheIndependentMa jority

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 3, 2012

GOPidiotsx wrote:
<quoted text>
You reakly are a typical rightwing dumbass.
Part D is for retirees. It's an unfunded program that costs trillions over 10 years. Was also a tax payers gift to big Pharma
SOME (NON-slakcertic type) retirees CONTRIBUTE to the program.

LibuhrulTIC Moron.
raccoon tour

Luxembourg

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 3, 2012

Judged:

Next to carol's booth at the fair John Galt watched the scene unfold from his own booth marked, Galt's Gulch, Fortunes Made, Fortunes Told. He smiled to himself that his competition for predicting the future was otherwise disposed now and he made the most of his opportunity. "After January 1, better buy gold, take my word for it!" he yelled into the wind.
raccoon tour

Luxembourg

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 3, 2012

Judged:

carol wrote:
<quoted text>
Go find your sister then...or your mother...whichever...doesn't really matter to you, I'm sure.
But I want you, carol, it's because you play so hard to get. It's your sticky gooey center I want spread on my sssschtick.
raccoon tour

Luxembourg

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 3, 2012

TheIndependentMajority wrote:
<quoted text>
Well no consultation round for you then...because NOTHING in my REAL world has EVER been "free".
Sowwwwwwwwwwweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee eeeeee lol.
That's jus' cause you never manage to get you videos back on time.
raccoon tour

Luxembourg

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 3, 2012

dem wrote:
How's the water, gang?
I'm not sure. How's the water in Chicago? Muddy? That's a surprise..
raccoon tour

Luxembourg

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 3, 2012

dem wrote:
<quoted text>
Suffering from post election blahs?
Fkn yourself just not doing it for ya?
Maybe I can cheer you up.
Hmmmmm... this is suspicious. Tell me sumthin' only dem would know... um... What kind of roof do you have on your house in the satellite photos?

“Often imitated”

Since: Jul 07

never duplicated

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 3, 2012

Judged:

Nuculur option wrote:
<quoted text>
Watch out, Lorac's been reading Newsmax again!!
Will the whining little Carol ever face the fact that Obama won and her merry band of nitwits lost??
Elections have consequences. One is that you nitwsits need to STFU after losing the past election bigtime!!
----------
While you're at it, consider this;
President George W. Bush spent over 124 million taxpayer dollars on trips to his ranch in Crawford, TX, and using John Boehner’s logic we demand that the GOP pay us back.
While trying to distract America from the fact that his own caucus passed a budget that would double the interest rate on student loans, Speaker of the House John Boehner is whipping up the faux outrage over the cost of President Obama’s travel this week. Today, Boehner said,“This week, the President traveled across the country on taxpayers’ dime, at a cost of $179,000 an hour, insisting that Congress fix a problem that we were already working on. Frankly, I think this is beneath the dignity of the White House.”
Not surprisingly, John Boehner was totally silent when President George W. Bush was setting the presidential record for most vacation days. Bush was not only on vacation more than any other president. He spent more money on non-official travel than any other president in American history. As president, George W. Bush used Air Force One to fly to his ranch in Crawford, TX for vacation.
Boehner’s comments about the cost of Obama’s travel got us thinking about how much money the Republican Party owes taxpayers for George W. Bush’s non-official vacation travels. Using a method that we have cleverly coined Boehner Math, this is what we came up with.
Number of George W. Bush flights for vacation in Crawford, TX: 77
Cost of running Air Force One:$179,000/hour
Flight time one way from the White House to Crawford: 4.5 hours
Cost of one way flight:$805,500
Roundtrip cost:$1,611,000
Total cost to taxpayers of Bush’s vacation trips to the ranch:$124,047,000
Unlike President Bush who used Air Force One as personal vacation and campaign jet, President Obama’s events were held to discuss the public policy issue of the impending increase in the student loan interest rate. Bush spent over $124 million of our tax dollars flying to Crawford to clear brush, and while he was doing this Republicans like John Boehner never demanded that he pay back the cost of his travel to the taxpayers.
Boehner and the Republican Party just don’t get it. This is a non-issue, and if they really want people to look into the cost of presidential travel, they aren’t going to like the results. They are not going to be able to paint Obama as a presidential globetrotter whose largesse is coming on the taxpayer dime.
Instead of creating a distraction issue, Boehner and the Republican Party attack on President Obama has alerted the American people to the fact that they owe us a whole lot of money. And we would like to be paid.
George W. Bush and the Republican Party owe taxpayers over $124 million, so until Boehner and Bush pay us back, the Speaker needs to keep his hypocrisy infected mouth closed.""
----------
Hey look, the lying sack of sht is still here. Why don't you be a man of character for a change and beat it?

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 3, 2012

John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Go tell it to Charlie Manson.
The Democrat Party will never nominate another white candidate for President.
Just when I thought Nobraina couldn't say anything more stupid than many of his past utterances..........

he ups the ante again!!

Nobraina's stupidity is infinite!!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 753,841 - 753,860 of1,078,821
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

105 Users are viewing the Chicago Forum right now

Search the Chicago Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 21 min danetoo 67,890
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 45 min jacques Mont Tremblant 174,493
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 1 hr Hey now 45,763
IL Who do you support for Governor in Illinois in ... (Oct '10) 1 hr nuguyntwn 3,827
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 1 hr frankensnorter 48,848
The Liberty Brothers Interview: Colonel Kratos,... 2 hr Must be you 7
Voting Whites NO LONGER hold majority in Ohio. 2 hr WeDoneOutBabiedThemDevils 1
•••

Beach Hazards Statement for Cook County was issued at July 23 at 4:15PM CDT

•••
•••
Chicago Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Chicago Jobs

•••