Barack Obama, our next President

Full story: Hampton Roads Daily Press

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...
Comments
753,841 - 753,860 of 1,099,753 Comments Last updated 3 min ago
dem

United States

#815853 Dec 3, 2012
Here's an idea.
Lets pretend Romney won!

You guys were so sure he would that I'm certain you have your victory speeches ready.

GO!
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#815854 Dec 3, 2012
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>Love it. I say do it and let the American people see who the Republicans really care about. Let them show their true colors.
They now have an 'offer' on the table. It's not theirs, it's a year old, it only increases revenue by closing special-interest loopholes and deductions, and it's nonspecific about exactly what they want to cut.

The same old. A year anyway.
dem

United States

#815855 Dec 3, 2012
Nuculur option wrote:
<quoted text>Retard Fred and DBWriter have not been seen since election day!!

Nobraina is back as John Galt, Floriduh is back as Carter. I think Gunner bcame back as 'orangelion' for awhile, but he fled just as quickly when his alias was busted.
The midget was here one morning.
He was claiming the election was a conspiracy. Blah blah blah.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#815856 Dec 3, 2012
Anonymous of Indy wrote:
<quoted text>According to Bruce Bartlett(Former Reagan Advisor) something like a $20 trillion increase in the national debt under Bush's watch.
http://www.deepjournal.com/p/7/a/en/590.html
Impostor: How George W. Bush Bankrupted America and Betrayed the Reagan Legacy
by Bruce Bartlett
http://www.conservativebookservice.com/produc...
got Bruce banned from FOX.

Good book.
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#815857 Dec 3, 2012
dem wrote:
The thread is on life support.
Shall I unplug it?
It does seem to be in it's death throes, much like the Republicans chances at winning the presidency again in my lifetime.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#815859 Dec 3, 2012
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>It does seem to be in it's death throes, much like the Republicans chances at winning the presidency again in my lifetime.
wingnut thrashing has become way too easy.[?]
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#815860 Dec 3, 2012
dem wrote:
Here's an idea.
Lets pretend Romney won!
You guys were so sure he would that I'm certain you have your victory speeches ready.
GO!
How about a game of 21 instead? You were dealt an 8 and a 7, stay or hold?
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#815861 Dec 3, 2012
....Most conservatives are of the "starve the beast" school, which says that if you deprive the government of revenue by cutting taxes, it will be forced to shrink. That would be true if the government couldn't spend money it doesn't have. In fact, it does so year in and year out. There is no point cutting off a wayward teen's allowance if he still has your credit card.

In 2006, a study published by the late economist William Niskanen debunked this theory of spending dynamics. Niskanen, who was Reagan's chief economist and chairman of the libertarian Cato Institute in Washington, looked at the historical data and found that revenue increases actually curtailed spending growth. Revenue reductions, however, caused it to accelerate—the exact opposite of what Norquist claims.

University of Alabama political scientist Michael New later took another look at the evidence and confirmed those findings. "Like Niskanen, I find statistically significant evidence that low levels of federal revenues actually stimulate expenditure growth," he wrote in The Cato Journal in 2009.

It's not hard to see why. Americans are more likely to support a bigger federal budget if they don't have to pay the full cost each year. Tax cuts allow us to get $100 worth of programs and services for only $80. As with any commodity, price discounts increase consumption. Tax increases force us to pay something closer to the real cost of government, which dampens demand for it.

http://reason.com/archives/2012/12/03/higher-...
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#815862 Dec 3, 2012
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
wingnut thrashing has become way too easy.[?]
Yeah, with Fox News still trying to gain it's footing after being knocked down and staggered on election night, these rightwingers are unfocused and in complete disarray.

Even Rasmussen has given up and is posting Obama's approval rating at 56%

Since: Oct 08

Location hidden

#815863 Dec 3, 2012
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>It does seem to be in it's death throes, much like the Republicans chances at winning the presidency again in my lifetime.
Because the majority of voters are on the dole. They won't do anything to disrupt the gravy train. Only complain the Republicans aren't paying their 'Fair Share'. The more things change, the more they stay the same. Pony up Homer, you aren't holding up your end.....
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#815864 Dec 3, 2012
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>How about a game of 21 instead? You were dealt an 8 and a 7, stay or hold?
stay or hold, yeah, how about hit me or hold instead?

There, much better.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#815865 Dec 3, 2012
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>Yeah, with Fox News still trying to gain it's footing after being knocked down and staggered on election night, these rightwingers are unfocused and in complete disarray.
Even Rasmussen has given up and is posting Obama's approval rating at 56%
Fox Undermines Its Own Defense Of The Wealthy

http://mediamatters.org/blog/2012/12/02/fox-u...

yes. complete.

Gallup at 54% with a bullet.
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#815866 Dec 3, 2012
Chicagoan by Birth wrote:
<quoted text>Because the majority of voters are on the dole. They won't do anything to disrupt the gravy train. Only complain the Republicans aren't paying their 'Fair Share'. The more things change, the more they stay the same. Pony up Homer, you aren't holding up your end.....
Please stop already with this crap, it didn't work before the election and it's still not working. Homer pays more than his fair share so f off.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#815867 Dec 3, 2012
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
got Bruce banned from FOX.
Good book.
I know its good book which is very informative, I got the book "Impostor: How George W. Bush Bankrupted America and Betrayed the Reagan Legacy" myself and explains how & why the Federal Deficit exploded under G. W. Bush and how Obama inherited the Future Obligations signed into law by G. W. Bush that were not paid for and the only way under the current Economic Situation is to borrow & add those obligations to the Federal Deficit because the Revenues that G.W. Bush forecasted are not there and G.W. Bush never placed consideration if the US Economy collapsed like it did in 2008 on his watch.

Impostor: How George W. Bush Bankrupted America and Betrayed the Reagan Legacy
by Bruce Bartlett

http://www.conservativebookservice.com/produc...
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#815868 Dec 3, 2012
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
Fox Undermines Its Own Defense Of The Wealthy
http://mediamatters.org/blog/2012/12/02/fox-u...
yes. complete.
Gallup at 54% with a bullet.
Fox News can't keep track of all their made up bull$hit.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#815869 Dec 3, 2012
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>Fox News can't keep track of all their made up bull$hit.
all We have to do is track carol. she's still holding on.

Since: Feb 08

Spokane, WA

#815870 Dec 3, 2012
GOPidiotsx wrote:
<quoted text>
Read a newspaper, dumbass. FL virtual school scam has been in every FL paper. FL virtual school was Jeb's baby.
"gopidiotsucker"
The statement "silly" made was BULLMANURE!!! You are also.
Peace
KMA

“Often imitated”

Since: Jul 07

never duplicated

#815871 Dec 3, 2012
Nuculur option wrote:
<quoted text>
Right after you explain your loony comment that we get meat products from Livestock Conventions!! LOL
You're dumber than a box-o-rocks and totally helpless without Gunner here to run interference for you!!
I'm lovin' it!!
What's up with your new sock, jimmy? Need to make up your own backup since no one else takes you seriously?

“Often imitated”

Since: Jul 07

never duplicated

#815872 Dec 3, 2012
dem wrote:
Pitt bulls running wild.
Yawkie on the lam.
She really kicked your ass. How many new characters did she force you to create?

Since: Feb 08

Spokane, WA

#815873 Dec 3, 2012
Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
If you were smart you'd have copied and pasted the post to which you refer because nobody's gonna go back and look for it.
But, you're not smart ...
"dumos"
Any you are a moran, "silly's" spelling if you buy into undocumented lies. Why are wasting time posting to me, "carol" kicks your lying ass much better than I do. Isn't it about time you called her another name. Calling others names that slur or demean is one of your specialties.
Peace
KMA

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 5 min JOEL 68,935
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 34 min Obskeptic 177,326
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 35 min Silly times 4,662
Engagement Ring 1 hr rodeo3queen 4
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 2 hr DrZhivago 49,446
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 2 hr truth-facts 46,292
AP Exclusive: Union members appointed after $10... (Mar '08) 2 hr Stanky Pete 7,560
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 3 hr Phil Indeblanc 97,916
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Chicago News, Events & Info