Barack Obama, our next President

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ... Full Story
HoodratSanta

United States

#815884 Dec 3, 2012
Obama is a cross between Santa and Robin Hood - HoodSanta if you will. HoodSanta isn't going to do anything but watch from the wings - it is all he has ever done. While he is NOT "bringing everyone together" like he promised - he is also NOT going to stop the country from going off the fiscal cliff - while he is also NOT doing anything as Israel prepares to turn Iran into a parking lot - but only while he is NOT doing anything about Syria who is moving chemical weapons into place to use on their own people. These are the same chemical weapons that got moved to Syria from Iraq just before HoodSanta's namesake Hussein was removed from power - you know the weapons that did not exist.

He will just watch and look for someone to blame - maybe he can give a speech if someone will write one for him and load it in the prompter. What a hoax the handout demo has elected. Go Santa Go!
THE DEBIL

Copenhagen, Denmark

#815885 Dec 3, 2012
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
Better than your finger?
I DON'T UNDERSTAND?

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#815886 Dec 3, 2012
Anonymous of Indy wrote:
<quoted text>Humphrey–Hawkins Full Employment Act
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Full_Employment_...
Can't recall the Hawkins guy but when I read Jimmy Carter and Hubert Humphrey, I went thumbs down and puked. What a useless combination. Reminds me of the Boy Messiah.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#815887 Dec 3, 2012
Eman wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi homer. Speaking of bullsht, when is obama going to start focusing on jobs?
Raise Taxes on Rich to Reward True Job Creators

http://www.businessweek.com/news/2011-12-07/r...

Lapeer, MI

#815888 Dec 3, 2012
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Raising taxes on the wealthy may not be a huge problem in itself, but neither is it a solution to anything.
This tax increase is nothing but red meat for the mob, like the guillotine in the French Revolution.
Meanwhile, massive Obama spending will drive the country deeper into debt, which will hurt the economy even more than any tax increase.
So, if Obama gets his tax increases and the economy still crashes, as it will, how will he blame the Republicans?
If the economy crashes, the Jerk-In-Chief will blame it on Hurricane Sandy, Syria, Benghazi and the those damned Republicans who waited too long to cave. Count on it that if he can't come up with a plausible excuse, David Letterman, the NY Times, Oprah and Vladimir Putin will come out to find excuses for him.
THE DEBIL

Copenhagen, Denmark

#815889 Dec 3, 2012
NOW, HOMER, THIS THREAD NOT "DEAD." IT JUS' GOIN' THROUGH... HOPE AN' CHANGE. PRETTY SOON WE REMAKE IT IN OUR OWN IMAGE. WE CHANGE THE LIGHTING - IT'S TOO DAMN BRIGHT IN HERE - WE PUT IN A L'IL MUSIC MAYBE HAUL IN A BEERATOR... MAKE IT NICE! NOT TOO MANCAVEISH SO WE GON' NEED SOMEONE TO CLEAN - LOOK! WE CREATED OUR FIRST JOB! FIRST RULE IS, NO SHOES... YEAHHHH... NOW YOU SEE? A REPUBLICAN WOULD'VE ALREADY GIVEN UP IN DESPAIR... BUT LOOK AT THE POSSIBILITIES... WE GOT CAROL - SHE NEVER GOIN' NOWHERE - AN' THERE NO SUBSTITUTE FO' A WOMAN WITH HER KIND OF EXPERIENCE... AN' NO FOOTBALL! IT KILLS MY BUZZ... THIS CAN BE NICE... GROUP HUG!!!
THE DEBIL

Copenhagen, Denmark

#815890 Dec 3, 2012
OH YEAH WE GOT THAT SHINNING GUY, HE'S CLOSE TO BEIN' ONE OF THE GUYS, HE JUS' SENSITIVE ABOUT THAT WART... GIVE HIM A CHANCE.. WE JUS' GOT TO MAKE SURE WE DON' LOSE CONTROL AGAIN... PARITY, THA'S ALL I'M SAYIN'.... YOU LET A BUNCH OF WOMEN GET GOIN' WITH THEY BABIES AN' CHURCH AN' PIE-BAKIN' AN' THE NEXT THING YOU KNOW YOU GOT CHAOS... WE HAVE TO STAND FO' SUMTHIN, MEN! MONEY DON' BUY YOU LOVE, BUT A SMILE AN' A BIG WET WILLIE DOES...
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#815891 Dec 3, 2012
How Obama Shouldn’t Back Down Vs. the GOP

Elections are supposed to have consequences. So why does the GOP think it can strong-arm the president into compromising on entitlements without first giving in on taxes?

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2012/11...
THE DEBIL

Copenhagen, Denmark

#815892 Dec 3, 2012
I'M TALKIN' ABOUT THE WET WILLIE WHERE YOU SUCK YOU FINGER AN' THEN PUT IT IN HER EAR... WHAT'D YOU THINK I MEANT? NO, NO, NO, YOU GOT TO GET THEM LAUGHIN' I KEEP TELLIN' YOU. WE DRIVE THEM CRAZY BUT WHEN WE FUNNY THEY STILL LOVE US, THEY CAIN'T HEP THEYSELVES...
THE DEBIL

Copenhagen, Denmark

#815893 Dec 3, 2012
THEY SMILIN' NOW... ONLIEST ONES WE WANT HERE ANYWAYS...
GhostofRaygun

Russellville, KY

#815894 Dec 3, 2012
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
Even though Romney didn't think through his comment made in private and admitted the next day he was "dead wrong" about lumping the 47% who receive some kind of government subsidy with the much smaller percentage who manipulate the system, the point he was making to the small group of campaign contributors he was addressing - however broad-based - was that the 47% probably wouldn't vote for him because of being afraid of losing whatever government subsidies they receive - for whatever reason.
He obviously went too far lumping them altogether and admitted as such, but the reality of the 47% not voting for him was correct.
We have, in fact, become a nanny state. The problem, of course, is Obama couldn't be happier. The more the merrier. By continuing to stifle the private sector, there will be a lot of merriment in this White House.
"Vicious cycle" couldn't have a more clear meaning.
You need to read the transcript of what he said. He said the 47% pay no taxes. There is only one 47% in America that pay no taxes. 22% include those on SS and troops deployed. The gift takers.
GhostofRaygun

Russellville, KY

#815895 Dec 3, 2012
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
If the economy crashes, the Jerk-In-Chief will blame it on Hurricane Sandy, Syria, Benghazi and the those damned Republicans who waited too long to cave. Count on it that if he can't come up with a plausible excuse, David Letterman, the NY Times, Oprah and Vladimir Putin will come out to find excuses for him.
And if it does NOT crash I'm sure you will give Obama all the credit.
THE DEBIL

Copenhagen, Denmark

#815896 Dec 3, 2012
FIRST THING WE NEED IS A MISSION STATEMENT.... HMMMMMM... NUTHIN' TOO GRANDIOSE OR CENTERED ON PUBLIC SERVICE OR NUTHIN'... HOW BOUT SUMTHIN' TO DO WITH... LOVE?

"WE HOL' THESE TRUTHS TO BE SELF-EVIDENT THAT ALL MEN ARE VERY DEFINITELY NOT EQUAL AND SHALL NOT PERISH FROM THIS EARTH AS LONG AS WE HANG OUT TOGETHER. FURTHER, WE HOL' THAT ALL WOMEN ARE NOT EQUAL EITHER AN' THAT MANY OF THEM ARE SOOOOO DAMN CUTE AS TO BE IRRESISTIBLE AN'; THE RES' OF THEM WOULDN'T BE TOO BAD IF THEY JUS' TOOK A L'IL PRIDE IN THEYSELVES! FURTHER, NO MAN SHALL KISS A WOMAN'S ASS UNLESS SHE WILLS IT, REGARDLESS OF RACE CREED OR COLOR OR THE OVERALL CUTENESS OF HER SMILE. LIKEWISE! NO MAN SHALL ALLOW HISSELF TO BECOME GROSSLY FAT OR PICK HIS NOSE IN THE CAR WHERE THE WHOLE DAMN NEIGHBORHOOD CAN WATCH HIM DO IT!"

I JUS' PUTTIN' IT OUT THERE AN' WELCOME CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM PARTICULARLY FROM THE CUTE GIRLS WHO STILL LOVE DEBIL.
THE DEBIL

Copenhagen, Denmark

#815897 Dec 3, 2012
AW C'MON, I OFFERIN' YOU THE WORL' HERE... WHEN WE GON' GROW UP IF NOT NOW?

“Often imitated”

Since: Jul 07

never duplicated

#815898 Dec 3, 2012
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
Nice fluff piece but it doesn't answer my question.

Lapeer, MI

#815899 Dec 3, 2012
PDUPONT wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course you're going to say Brooks should have stopped there because up to that point he seemed to be parroting the right wing. But then he goes on to affirm that the President faces an intractable GOP House. He also states;
"The fiscal-cliff talks are just the first chapter in this long process. In this first episode, the Democrats should get higher revenues from the rich (elections have consequences) and the Republicans should get some entitlement reform. But the main point is to lay the predicate for the bigger deals to come."
Are the Republicans going to listen to the American people who by a two to one margin want the wealthiest to pay more in taxes or are they going to be beholden to an unelected millionaire lobbyist, Grover Norquist.
The Wisdom of Crowds is nothing but a cheap consumer myth. Mass delusion is a common thread throughout history and we've seen it again with this past Presidential Election.

Americans did not want to engage the "European Problem" prior to WWI but Roosevelt dragged us in because of his vision - an individual's vision. Churchill was spurned by the British voters before and even after WWII. A considerable percentage of Americans believe in ghosts, UFOs, "Professional" Wrestling, winning lotteries and Liberalism. Go figure.

And here comes little PeeDePoop to prance about detailing the Wisdom of Crowds and how the Republicans should fall in line.

This makes you a Fool leading a Fool's Parade.

"The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter."
----- Winston Churchill
HateToBother

Dallas, TX

#815900 Dec 3, 2012
sonicfilter wrote:
Elections are supposed to have consequences. So why does the GOP think it can strong-arm the president into compromising on entitlements without first giving in on taxes?
Because elections DO have consequences and the democrats only carried the Senate - they didn't win the House.

Personally - I say Santa won fair and square - give him everything he wants and when he is finished wrecking the country it will be decades before another democrat could get elected dog catcher.

Congrats on the win - now do something. What happened to the holy Obamessiah bringing everyone together. Are his powers not up to the challenge on the very first issue? He won the election but he won't be able to do anything - kind of like the last four years. Sorry you had your hopes up about that shining new future - it appears it isn't coming.

“Often imitated”

Since: Jul 07

never duplicated

#815901 Dec 3, 2012
sonicfilter wrote:
Why does obama need to be strong armed into compromise?
Lincoln Duncan

United States

#815902 Dec 3, 2012
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
Republicans are running out of country club types
THE DEBIL

Copenhagen, Denmark

#815903 Dec 3, 2012
I, FOR ONE, FEEL NEW HOPE. I AM INSPIRED TO BETTER MYSELF... OH, AN' NO TEXANS, EXCEPT DENNY. I THINK WE CAN ALL AGREE THAT TEXANS ARE BASICALLY ON A SINKING SHIP AND WE SHOULD CUT THEM OFF AND LET THEM DUKE IT OUT WITH MEXICO. THIS COUNTRY WAS FOUNDED ON SOMETHING OR OTHER, AND DESPITE CLAIMS TO THE CONTRARY, WE ARE UNLIKELY TO GO BACK TO EATING MASTODONS AND LIVING IN CAVES. AND NO MORE GODDAM STRUGGLING!!!! RAISE YOU HANDS IF YOU WANT PIZZA? I KNOW, I KNOW, IT'S FATTENING, BUT THIS IS A SPECIAL NIGHT.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Amy 10-2 10 min edogxxx 3
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 24 min PEllen 98,375
Rauner, Quinn clash on Obamacare expansion ahea... 28 min Le Duped 2
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 1 hr in the end 50,065
Abby 10-2 1 hr edogxxx 1
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 1 hr Earthling-1 47,074
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 1 hr Rogue Scholar 05 178,618
Chicago Dating
Find my Match

Chicago Jobs

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]