Barack Obama, our next President

Full story: Hampton Roads Daily Press

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Comments (Page 37,678)

Showing posts 753,541 - 753,560 of1,034,754
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 30, 2012

Judged:

On the fiscal cliff, Republicans are so screwed

Maybe it’s just me, but I don’t see how Republicans have anything but bad options regarding the fiscal cliff. At least, not in the short term.

Even if Republicans negotiate the best bipartisan deal possible (something akin to the Corker plan), anyone who votes for it would be accused of selling out.

This would cause the base to either become demoralized or (more likely) angry — angry enough to primary the “read my lips” traitors. Either way, it’s not a good thing.

On the other hand, if no deal is reached, Republicans will surely be blamed (this is always a safe assumption and a smart default position — for a variety of reasons.)

This hasn’t stopped some conservative pundits from acting as if Republicans hold all the cards. But the notion that Republicans have leverage is silly. It’s the same kind of happy thinking that led some to boldly predict a Romney victory.

Look at it from Obama’s perspective. Would allowing the sequestration cuts to kick in be that bad? It would allow him to cut the U.S. military (and blame Republicans), make some much-needed spending cuts (without taking heat from his base), and — as a bonus – raise taxes!

To be sure, aside from the obvious national security implications, most experts predict that this would also have serious consequences for the economy.

Of course, it would presumably be better for Obama’s legacy if the economy were to improve during his second term. But he managed to get re-elected once despite failing to turn around the economy. And he doesn’t have to stand for re-election again.

(And did I mention Republicans would be blamed for anything bad that happens?)

The fix is in. Democrats control the presidency, the senate, and the mainstream media. Elections have consequences; they hold the cards. Republicans control the House — just enough levers of power to allow them to be blamed for obstruction.

Republicans are so screwed.

http://dailycaller.com/2012/11/30/on-the-fisc...

Redstate ran a similar piece this morning.

FOX is so screwed.
Old Liberals

Houston, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 30, 2012

Judged:

Why anyone comes here and reads this crap is beyond me.

There is nothing but a bunch of unemployed, retired and hateful far left liberals posting mindless crap. In the high tech field, Topix and it's biased moderators are considered bottom feeders working for a company that has no integrity and makes money off idiots who post here.

The moderators at Topix are just as bad as the idiots posting.

Any of you who have class would be better off going to some other website to converse.

Topix is just a joke and a magnet for idiots.

There are several better sites such as disqus and webtalk. Starting a company like Topix is easy.

Someone should take over and remove these idiots, the moderators and Topix.

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 30, 2012

Judged:

RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
See, Mr Ed, you have no clue who I voted for in the past presidential elections.
Let me help.
Nixon - once
Ford Once
Carter once
Reagan once
Bush Sr twice
Gore Once
Kerry Once
Obama Twice.
Throw in a couple third party candidates.
See, dipstick, you lied yet again.
Notice how Republicans changed with Bush Jr & Note I didn't vote for one since.
We need more Republicans like George HW Bush.
Bush/Sr + Clinton - probably the best 12 year run in leadership we had for quite some time.
Hey you are batting 50% there Dave.
Peppy

Mebane, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 30, 2012

Judged:

Homer wrote:
<quoted text>That was harsh. Funny, but harsh.
Harsh is my word, stop using my trademark words.

Oh by the way, I borrowed your golf shoes this morning. You seem to wear a size 10 and I am a 12 so I had to cut little holes in the toes. You may want to think about asking for new golf shoes for christmas.
carol

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 30, 2012

Judged:

Okay, I'm going now. But before I do...

The Determinators is a chilling story which uncovers the dark underside of the massive healthcare reform bill that, once fully implemented, will significantly threaten the way Americans live and die. Based on the book "The Battle for America's Soul" by CL Gray, MD. The Determinators feature leading experts in the field of healthcare who have studied the law and it's impending ramifications.

The Determinators highlights several of the worst elements of Obamacare that big-government bureaucrats want to keep hidden from the public until it's too late. It's information people need to know before they decide how to vote.

http://www.teleprompterpresident.com/2012/11/...

Hope some of you will watch it.

Remember...knowledge is power.
THE GERBL

Bixby, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 30, 2012

Judged:

THE DEBIL wrote:
HEY! DID YOU SEE THE POST FRONT PAGE TODAY? U.S. BIRTHRATE AS LOW NOW AS IN 1920. YAYYYYYY!!!! PROBLY CAUSE DEBIL-SPERM BEEN OUTTA CIRCULATION THIS LONG TIME... HE DO THE RESPONSIBLE THING AND GET CUT AFTER HE STOPPED BEIN' ABLE TO REMEMBER ANY OF THEY NAMES.
The reality is...
You had to drug'em to sleep with you....

“fairtax.org”

gauley bridge wv

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 30, 2012

Judged:

RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Did you have extra money after the tax cuts or not. I think you are getting confused. Did you take your medication on schedule?
I give up.
Peppy

Mebane, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 30, 2012

Judged:

carol wrote:
Ta-ta for now. Just can't take the intelligent left's posts any longer...feel like I need to take a shower.
(If Nuc comes on anytime soon, somone please remind him I left first. Thanks.)
I like ta-ta's.
Peppy

Mebane, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 30, 2012

Judged:

flack wrote:
<quoted text> Hey you are batting 50% there Dave.
He was doing better than that right up until the senility started to set in.
TSM

El Paso, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 30, 2012

Judged:

RealDave one area Obama’s is good at (Recycle Speeches and Budgets!!) But Dave I’ll give it to you and Obama you both have similar Traits always arguing the Past for the Present!!
THE GERBL

Bixby, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 30, 2012

Old Liberals wrote:
There is nothing but a bunch of unemployed, retired and hateful far left liberals posting mindless crap. In the high tech field, Topix and it's biased moderators are considered bottom feeders working for a company that has no integrity and makes money off idiots who post here.
The mnoderators at Topix are just as bad as the idiots posting.
Any of you who have class would be better off going to some other website to converse.
There are several better sites such as disqus and webtalk. Starting a company like Topix is easy.
Post of the decade.....
Peppy

Mebane, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 30, 2012

Judged:

flack wrote:
<quoted text> I give up.
I get it Flack, it was never the government's money to begin with. With his logic you should thank a person who stops stealing newspapers off your front porch.
Jane Says

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 30, 2012

Judged:

flack wrote:
<quoted text> I know right! the single largest attack on America since Pearl Harbor and they just want to sweep it under the rug for political purposes. It's disgusting.
don't you know? it was a "man-caused" disaster and not terrorism. i should probably tell all those serious looking guys in military gear carrying assault weapons who we see everywhere in NYC that Homer Slacker of BoDunk, PA said they aren't needed.
Yeah

Kaneohe, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 30, 2012

Judged:

carol wrote:
<quoted text>
No, no, what I'm saying is Obama took a crisis that he didn't want it to go to waste and now we're 6 trillion more in debt.
I'm also saying the Democrats were privy to the same intelligence as Bush (and were just hoping you'd be stupid enough to believe they were "lied to"), voted for both wars and voted for the funding of both wars.
However, Newt and Clinton's Republican Congress are responsible for the surplus during the 6 of Clinton's 8 year term. He was just smart enough to go along with it.
Are we good now?
No, the democrats were given the intel by bushie. Besides...

"... SPIEGEL: The German government was convinced that "Curveball" would not be used in the now famous presentation that then US Secretary of State Colin Powell gave in 2003 before the United Nations Security Council.

Drumheller: I had assured my German friends that it wouldn't be in the speech. I really thought that I had put it to bed. I had warned the CIA deputy John McLaughlin that this case could be fabricated. The night before the speech, then CIA director George Tenet called me at home. I said: "Hey Boss, be careful with that German report. It's supposed to be taken out. There are a lot of problems with that." He said: "Yeah, yeah. Right. Dont worry about that."

SPIEGEL: But it turned out to be the centerpiece in Powell’s presentation -- and nobody had told him about the doubts.

Drumheller: I turned on the TV in my office, and there it was. So the first thing I thought, having worked in the government all my life, was that we probably gave Powell the wrong speech. We checked our files and found out that they had just ignored it.

SPIEGEL: So the White House just ignored the fact that the whole story might have been untrue?

Drumheller: The policy was set. The war in Iraq was coming and they were looking for intelligence to fit into the policy. Right before the war, I said to a very senior CIA officer: "You guys must have something else," because you always think it's the CIA. "There is some secret thing I don`t know." He said: "No. But when we get to Baghdad, we are going to find warehouses full of stuff. Nobody is going to remember all of this."..."

So yes, bushie did lie. It's really clear.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 30, 2012

Judged:

Old Liberals wrote:
oh oh oh, like we should all go over to FOX Nation? then the Secret Service can keep us all in check along with the Obama death threat cabal??

so let's talk about bottom feeders.
Jane Says

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 30, 2012

Judged:

lily boca raton fl wrote:
RAMALLAH, West Bank -- Euphoric Palestinians erupted in cheers, honked car horns and chanted "God is great" after the United Nations endorsed an independent state of Palestine, giving sweeping international backing to their demands for sovereignty over lands Israel occupied in 1967.
The massive international recognition of the Palestinians' right to a state – only nine of 193 General Assembly members voted against it – gave them hope that the tide had turned in their favor.
"It's a great feeling to have a state, even if in name only," said civil servant Mohammed Srour, 28, standing in a flag-waving a crowd of more than 2,000 packed into a square in the West Bank city of Ramallah late Thursday. "The most beautiful dream of any man is to have an independent state, particularly for us Palestinians who have lived under occupation for a long time."
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/11/30/un-p...
we think you and hubby should visit. you in a burka would be an improvement, and he'd blend.
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 30, 2012

Judged:

Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
In the US in 2001 you stood a three times greater chance of death by drowning than by act of terror. Don't forget swimming pools.
What's up with the Dutch people falling down stairs that much?
things that make you go; hmmmmm.....
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 30, 2012

Judged:

Old Liberals wrote:
Hi Gunner
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 30, 2012

Judged:

Jane Says wrote:
<quoted text>don't you know? it was a "man-caused" disaster and not terrorism. i should probably tell all those serious looking guys in military gear carrying assault weapons who we see everywhere in NYC that Homer Slacker of BoDunk, PA said they aren't needed.
Terrorism is not caused by man? Oh, well maybe it's caused by global warming. Thanks for the update.

“fairtax.org”

gauley bridge wv

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 30, 2012

Judged:

Peppy wrote:
<quoted text>
I get it Flack, it was never the government's money to begin with. With his logic you should thank a person who stops stealing newspapers off your front porch.
We have to put a stop to this notion that the government owns everything and that they are doing us a favor by letting us keep more of our own money, property, and medical care. If not there will be no end to their assumption of power.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 753,541 - 753,560 of1,034,754
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

35 Users are viewing the Chicago Forum right now

Search the Chicago Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 28 min wojar 167,697
IL Who do you support for Governor in Illinois in ... (Oct '10) 41 min Jack 3,785
Happy Easter Chicago 9 dead 54 min joey 1
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 1 hr JOEL COOL DUDE 65,215
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 1 hr mdbuilder 43,043
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 1 hr DoDaDoDaDay 47,081
Great Chicago Fire Was Japan's Conspiracy (Jun '11) 2 hr yasuo 2
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 4 hr Catfish Hunter 96,157
•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••