Barack Obama, our next President

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ... Full Story
THE DEBIL

Copenhagen, Denmark

#815559 Dec 3, 2012
REMEMBER WHEN CONGRESS JUMPED ALL OVER MOVE-ON.ORG FO' THAT "GENERAL BETRAY-US" COMMENT? HEHEHEHEHEHEH, SEEMS LIKE THEY WUZ RIGHT, DOESN'T IT? HUBRIS.
THE DEBIL

Copenhagen, Denmark

#815560 Dec 3, 2012
NOW CLOSE YOU EYES AN' PICTURE THE GEN'L'S L'IL BOTTOM JUS' PUMPIN' AWAY ON THAT WOMAN FO' ALL HE WORTH. SHE MOANIN' AN' ROLLIN' AROUN', "FUCK ME, DAVID. FUCK ME HARDER!!!" AN' THAT ALL IT TAKE TO SEND THE GEN'L OVER THE EDGE. AN' HE COMIN' NOW AN' HE KINDA GRUNTS IN A L'IL GIRL VOICE, WHICH TAKE SOME OF THE ROMANCE OUT OF IT BUT PAULA TOUGH IT OUT FO' THE SAKE OF THE STORY... IN HER MIND SHE WRITE, "AND THEN, IN THE THROES OF ETERNAL PASSION, THE HEAVILY MUSCLED MAN IN THE PUFFY SHIRT JETTED HIS MAN-JUICE INTO HER WOMANLY WOMB. "YES, PAULA," HE MOANED IN A DEEP VOICE, "I WANT TO HAVE THREE BABIES WITH YOU."
THE DEBIL

Copenhagen, Denmark

#815561 Dec 3, 2012
K, OFF TO THE GYM. PUNISHMENT FO' YEARS OF WANTON LUST AN' ABUSE. (NOTE TO CAROL) WHEN DEBIL GETS BACK HE EXPECT TO SEE YOU NAKED AN' FULLY LUBED, IF YOU KNOW WHAT HE MEAN...
THE DEBIL

Copenhagen, Denmark

#815562 Dec 3, 2012
DEBIL CAN READ YOU MINDS. HE KNOW YOU WANT HIM TO JUS' WAKE HER UP AN' DO HER LIKE A SAUSAGE PIZZA ROLLED UP LIKE A CIGARETTE... BUT DEBIL A GENTLEMAN. HE LET HER GET HERSELF TOGETHER... MAYBE PUT ON A L'IL LIPSTICK, THAT SORT OF THING...
PDUPONT

Chicopee, MA

#815563 Dec 3, 2012
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
You apparently don't know hate when you see it. Read a few of the posts on your side of the fence.
It's not my fault Obama acts like he was crowned king of the progressives instead of the leader of all the people.
Neither am I the only one perplexed by his 2008 budget that was rejected by Democrats in 2008 and that he recycled again in 2012.
Again Carol, you're demonstrating what a clueless twit you are. Barack Obama was inaugurated on January 20th 2009, so what the hell did he have to do with any 2008 budget stupid?
PDUPONT

Chicopee, MA

#815564 Dec 3, 2012
carol wrote:
Some on the left are suggesting that Obama adopt a strategy of confrontation and conquest. Reject the Grand Bargain approach. Take the country over the fiscal cliff and blame it on the Republicans.
Obama could probably triumph in pushing higher tax rates on the rich that wouldn’t even produce enough revenue to cover a tenth of the deficit.
But he’d sow such bitterness that it would be the last thing he’d pass for the rest of his term.
The person who wrote this, David Brooks, should have stopped there. It's all there is to say.
"...higher taxes wouldn't even produce enough revenue to cover a tenth of the deficit."
Of course you're going to say Brooks should have stopped there because up to that point he seemed to be parroting the right wing. But then he goes on to affirm that the President faces an intractable GOP House. He also states;
"The fiscal-cliff talks are just the first chapter in this long process. In this first episode, the Democrats should get higher revenues from the rich (elections have consequences) and the Republicans should get some entitlement reform. But the main point is to lay the predicate for the bigger deals to come."
Are the Republicans going to listen to the American people who by a two to one margin want the wealthiest to pay more in taxes or are they going to be beholden to an unelected millionaire lobbyist, Grover Norquist.
PDUPONT

Chicopee, MA

#815565 Dec 3, 2012
carol wrote:
Republicans couldn't have been any more clear they were ready to sit down and compromise.
Obama sent Geithner to deliver his decree - I mean, plan - and then took off again somewhere.
Point to any president in history who, in a time of crisis, didn't sit down with the opposition to negotiate a deal that would be acceptable to both sides.
You won't find one. This is the only one. He always has more important things to do.
Yes stupid, he was taking his case to the people that matter, the voters. Those are the ones the GOP should be listening to not Grover Norquist and his ilk.
PDUPONT

Chicopee, MA

#815566 Dec 3, 2012
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
What part of "higher taxes wouldn't even produce enough revenue to cover a tenth of the deficit" don't you understand?
It's one simple concept. Perhaps you should read it again.
Raising the taxes on the wealthiest is only one part of the equation you simple minded twit.
We also need to invest in infrastructure like roads and bridges that are necessary for commerce. Each $1 invested in infrastructure returns $1.44 to the GDP.
www.newsday.com › Opinion
Investment in education and research also have positive returns on investment whereas tax cuts for the wealthiest are a drain on the economy. At least when you put extra money in middle class workers' pockets which Obama did,they spend it and stimulate demand and growth.
Impeach Obama

Virginia Beach, VA

#815567 Dec 3, 2012
Lena Derpham wrote:
My first time was with Obama...Michelle didnt like it.
He only wants to nominate Susan Rice so he can keep bangin' her.
Aphelion

Melbourne, FL

#815569 Dec 3, 2012
PDUPONT wrote:
<quoted text>
Raising the taxes on the wealthiest is only one part of the equation you simple minded twit.
We also need to invest in infrastructure like roads and bridges that are necessary for commerce. Each $1 invested in infrastructure returns $1.44 to the GDP.
www.newsday.com › Opinion
Investment in education and research also have positive returns on investment whereas tax cuts for the wealthiest are a drain on the economy. At least when you put extra money in middle class workers' pockets which Obama did,they spend it and stimulate demand and growth.
So your answer is to spend our way out of debt? With this type of logic one has to wonder can any of you liberals even balance your checkbooks?
Impeach Obama

Virginia Beach, VA

#815570 Dec 3, 2012
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
so what do conservatives nowadays say about those who complain about so called racism?
they call them racists.
Dems want everybody to believe that if they don't support Obama's policies, it's because they hate blacks. Same with Susan Rice. They say that the many black Republicans simply suffer from "white envy". They throw race into the equation every chance they get while accusing Republicans of being the "Party of Racists". Liberals are so full of sh't.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#815573 Dec 3, 2012
The Fiscal Legacy of George W. Bush

Putting all the numbers in the C.B.O. report together, we see that continuation of tax and budget policies and economic conditions in place at the end of the Clinton administration would have led to a cumulative budget surplus of $5.6 trillion through 2011 – enough to pay off the $5.6 trillion national debt at the end of 2000.

Tax cuts and slower-than-expected growth reduced revenues by $6.1 trillion and spending was $5.6 trillion higher, a turnaround of $11.7 trillion. Of this total, the C.B.O. attributes 72 percent to legislated tax cuts and spending increases, 27 percent to economic and technical factors. Of the latter, 56 percent occurred from 2009 to 2011.

Republicans would have us believe that somehow we could have avoided the recession and balanced the budget since 2009 if only they had been in charge. This would be a neat trick considering that the recession began in December 2007, according to the National Bureau of Economic Research.

They would also have us believe that all of the increase in debt resulted solely from higher spending, nothing from lower revenues caused by tax cuts. And they continually imply that one of the least popular spending increases of recent years, the Troubled Asset Relief Program, was an Obama administration program, when in fact it was a Bush administration initiative proposed by the Treasury Department that was signed into law by Mr. Bush on Oct. 3, 2008.

Lastly, Republicans continue to insist that tax cuts are highly stimulative, often saying that they add nothing to the debt, when this is obviously ridiculous.

Conversely, they are adamant that tax increases must not be part of any deficit-reduction package because they never reduce deficits and instead are spent. This is also ridiculous, as the experience of the Clinton administration clearly shows. The new C.B.O. data confirm these facts.

http://economix.blogs.nytimes.com/2012/06/12/...
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#815574 Dec 3, 2012
Impeach Obama wrote:
<quoted text>Dems want everybody to believe that if they don't support Obama's policies, it's because they hate blacks. Same with Susan Rice. They say that the many black Republicans simply suffer from "white envy". They throw race into the equation every chance they get while accusing Republicans of being the "Party of Racists". Liberals are so full of sh't.
He's Back..."Colorblind" Herman Cain Plays the Race Card Banjo While Stumping to Republicans in New Hampshire

Like an expert at Three-card Monte or a proverbial "race pimp," Herman Cain expertly dealt from the bottom of the "race card" deck during a fund raising appearance before Republicans in Nashua, New Hampshire. There, Cain explained that white people should not have buyer's remorse over the election of Barack Obama, America's first black President. Instead, Cain suggested that (white) voters should realize that:

"...there are some people who will say,'I'm not going to vote for another black guy because this one didn't work out.' "And my response is,'Well, what about those 43 white guys you put in there? How did they work out?' "Don't condemn me because the first black one was bad."

The levels of hypocrisy demonstrated by Cain and his supporters in this moment are so glaring as to almost not merit comment for they are so utterly obvious. Presumably, Conservatives are colorblind. Yet, race is central--as it was in his minstrelesque CPAC speech several weeks ago--to Cain's performance. Again, Herman Cain suggests that he is "one of the good ones." Ultimately, Herman Cain is not like "those other blacks over there."

For a political ideology that ostensibly embraces individualism and rejects the politics of group identity, grievance, and victimology, it is ironic then that Cain has to signal that he is a different type of black man from President Barack Obama. That Cain needed to explain to a Republican audience that black folks are individuals, and not a nameless, faceless, horde of negritude that all walk lockstep like zombies is frightening to say the least--and a damning indictment of those that Cain would call political allies.

http://wearerespectablenegroes.blogspot.com/2...

Throwing race.
Impeach Obama

Virginia Beach, VA

#815575 Dec 3, 2012
Part of the new Defense Budget includes a clause which will ban returning veterans with head injuries or P.T.S.D. from owning firearms. The V.A. is currently required to submit the names of these veterans to the Criminal Background Check System. Supporters of the bill says it will cut down on suicides. Opponents say it will discourage veterans from seeking help. I say that no restriction is ever going to keep anybody from getting a gun.
GOPidiotsx

Chicago, IL

#815576 Dec 3, 2012
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
Okay, let's see if you answer these questions honestly:
Can you strengthen the weak by weakening the strong?
Can you lift the wage earner by pulling down the wage payer?
Can you help the poor by destroying the rich?
Can y
ou further the brotherhood of man by inciting class hatred?
Yes or No?
I know you haven't figured this out yet, so I'll help you out.
wage payer' AKA job creator is simply a euphemism for GOP donor.
The wealthy will hardly be destroyed by a marginal tax increase of 3%. It's the poor and working class that drive the economy by spending all their wages.
No business owner, faced with increased demand for goods will refuse to hire more workers.
Obama 2016

Virginia Beach, VA

#815577 Dec 3, 2012
Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
I heard that Mitch McConnell has vowed to make Obama a two-term President. Any truth to the rumor?
President Obama needs to be a three or four term President. Nobody can be expected to fix everything Bush screwed up in just eight years. America needs to repeal the antiquated 22nd Amendment, and the deadly 2nd Amendment too.
Obama 2016

Virginia Beach, VA

#815578 Dec 3, 2012
Impeach Obama wrote:
Part of the new Defense Budget includes a clause which will ban returning veterans with head injuries or P.T.S.D. from owning firearms. The V.A. is currently required to submit the names of these veterans to the Criminal Background Check System. Supporters of the bill says it will cut down on suicides. Opponents say it will discourage veterans from seeking help. I say that no restriction is ever going to keep anybody from getting a gun.
You advocate people with mental illness have guns? You must have a mental illness too.
Obama 2016

Virginia Beach, VA

#815579 Dec 3, 2012
Impeach Obama wrote:
<quoted text>Dems want everybody to believe that if they don't support Obama's policies, it's because they hate blacks. Same with Susan Rice. They say that the many black Republicans simply suffer from "white envy". They throw race into the equation every chance they get while accusing Republicans of being the "Party of Racists". Liberals are so full of sh't.
If this country was led by more people of color and less old white men we'd be a lot better off.

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#815580 Dec 3, 2012
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
That's just a bunch of hogwash. How can that list published by someone you acknowledge as credible be wrapped in a lie if he wrote them?
You just keep backing yourself in a corner for argument's sake.
I don't acknowledge him as credible, never heard of him. That was tongue firmly in planted in cheek so naturally you missed it completely.

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#815581 Dec 3, 2012
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
I've never heard of schizophrenics taking showers with exterminators.
Any numbers to go with that factoid?
You're so confused. Its late.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 8 min Rogue Scholar 05 179,648
Amy 10-30 17 min edogxxx 11
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 21 min Lawrence Wolf 50,752
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 30 min Stina2 98,536
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 1 hr RACE 4,814
Last word + 2 (Mar '12) 1 hr RACE 660
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 1 hr gcaveman1 47,578
Chicago Dating
Find my Match

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]