Barack Obama, our next President

Full story: Hampton Roads Daily Press

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...
Comments
753,221 - 753,240 of 1,085,027 Comments Last updated 7 min ago
John Galt

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 2, 2012

Judged:

Karma is a_______ wrote:
<quoted text>
maybe you should stop listening to Faux news or stop lying. President Obama's offer included $400 billion in cuts to entitlement programs
"WASHINGTON -- Republicans in Congress reacted angrily to an Obama administration proposal delivered Thursday by Treasury Secretary Timothy Geithner that offered to avert the fiscal cliff by raising $1.6 trillion in new taxes, in exchange for some $400 billion in cuts to entitlement programs to be negotiated next year.
But the proposal wasn't new. The offer that has Republicans furious was presented to them earlier this month by President Barack Obama at the White House, according to a well-placed Democratic source, and confirmed by two GOP sources involved in the talks. "
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/11/30/obam...
let's try and stick to the facts, k?
So we get 80% in new taxes versus an offer of 20% in reductions "to be negotiated next year."

Bring on the cliff, which is what Obama wants.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 2, 2012

Judged:

Carter wrote:
<quoted text> Florida liquor sales hours represent lily's only area of expertise.
Alcohol-induced dementia prevents advance planning to allow a Sunday morning supply.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 2, 2012

Judged:

sonicfilter wrote:
The Republicans’ negotiating position is morally indefensible. They are holding 98 percent of Americans hostage by refusing to spare them a tax hike unless the wealthiest 2 percent are included.
The Democrats’ negotiating position is morally indefensible. They are holding 100 percent of Americans hostage by refusing to spare them a tax hike unless they are given a blank check on spending.

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 2, 2012

Judged:

carol wrote:
<quoted text>
Blame the victim. That's what you do.
9/11 was our fault too. Right?
Well, we weren't attacked because people enjoy a foreign occupying force.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 2, 2012

Judged:

John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Four weeks since the election and Obama has done.....nothing.
What did you want him to do? Find you a job? Defend your homestead? Keep an illegal alien off your lawn? Stop a drug smuggler from tempting you with stuff that's bad for you? Tell you who to have sex with?

Where does it end?
Lily Boca Raton Fl

Boca Raton, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 2, 2012

Judged:

dem wrote:
This goes out to my favorite stalker.
Recorded right here on topix.
Hit it, BOYS!!!
http://youtu.be/_m-GdmYc7RA
Lol
Lily Boca Raton Fl

Boca Raton, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 2, 2012

Judged:

shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
Can I answer that question? Please? Please? Please?
No

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 2, 2012

Judged:

carol wrote:
Some on the left are suggesting that Obama adopt a strategy of confrontation and conquest. Reject the Grand Bargain approach. Take the country over the fiscal cliff and blame it on the Republicans.
Obama could probably triumph in pushing higher tax rates on the rich that wouldn’t even produce enough revenue to cover a tenth of the deficit.
But he’d sow such bitterness that it would be the last thing he’d pass for the rest of his term.
The person who wrote this, David Brooks, should have stopped there. It's all there is to say.
"...higher taxes wouldn't even produce enough revenue to cover a tenth of the deficit."
Which means that taxing the rich at a higher rate is just an ideological ploy. The Boy Messiah keeps pointing at those "evil rich" while he sinks us ever deeper into China's clutch. There are only two ways to view this. One: the Jerk-In-Chief has no clue as to what he's doing to this country and it's future generations or Two: he does and is willfully and frantically pursuing it. I choose to view it as Number Two and we need to fight this b*stard tooth and nail if we are to save what's left of our children's country and future.

Liberal Apologists are having a field day here on Topix looking to do some more Bush-Bashing to cover for their Boy Messiah's bungling and "explaining" what it is that the Jerk-In-Chief is trying to do. It ain't working. The King's new clothes just aren't there and he's a buck-naked jerk sapping America's energy, self-image and world position to new historic lows.

Hope and Change? Hope is hanging on by a thread and all the Change has been into negative territory.
Lily Boca Raton Fl

Boca Raton, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 2, 2012

Judged:

John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
The Democrats’ negotiating position is morally indefensible. They are holding 100 percent of Americans hostage by refusing to spare them a tax hike unless they are given a blank check on spending.
You're a hostage of your own stupidity.
Lily Boca Raton Fl

Boca Raton, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 2, 2012

Judged:

Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
What did you want him to do? Find you a job? Defend your homestead? Keep an illegal alien off your lawn? Stop a drug smuggler from tempting you with stuff that's bad for you? Tell you who to have sex with?
Where does it end?
Change his diaper, give him a binky and sing him a lullaby

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 2, 2012

Judged:

carol wrote:
<quoted text>
The Democrats are working this like a sleezy scam artist. They know if Republicans take a stand against this nonsense, they will be blamed by liberals. They also know that if Republicans cave or walk away, they will possibly be blamed by other republicans.
They're counting on not wasting this continuing and ongoing crisis so they can come out smelling like roses to the easily fooled even though they caused it themselves and can blame someone else another four years.
It's what weasels do.
But a big part of me agrees with you. However, if republicans walk away to leave no fingerprints, they need to get in front of any camera they see for the next four years and make it crystal clear to the American public they went along with what the majority wanted AGAINST their advise and better judgment.
They also need to repeat a much better plan ad nauseum.
If they do both of these things, they cannot be blamed.
Of course it couldn't be that the Republican Party was broadly rejected by the electorate last month. Unless you're arguing that a huge majority of Americans are "liberals" which destroys your frequent contention that America is a "center-right" nation. But, holding contradictory "truths" is your speciality so you and only you CAN have it both ways.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 2, 2012

Judged:

sonicfilter wrote:
The Conservative Future
By DAVID BROOKS
If you listened to the Republican candidates this year, you heard a conventional set of arguments. But if you go online, you can find a vibrant and increasingly influential center-right conversation. Most of the young writers and bloggers in this conversation intermingle, but they can be grouped, for clarity’s sake, around a few hot spots:....
.... By and large, these diverse writers did not grow up in the age of Reagan and are not trying to recapture it. They disdain what you might call Donor Base Republicanism. Most important, they matured intellectually within a far-reaching Web-based conversation. In contrast to many members of the conservative political-entertainment complex, they are data-driven, empirical and low-key in tone.
They are united more by a style of feedback and mutual scrutiny than by a common agenda. Some politically unorthodox people in this conversation, such as Josh Barro of Bloomberg View, Meghan Clyne of National Affairs and Heather Mac Donald of the Manhattan Institute, specialize in puncturing sentimentality and groupthink.
Since Nov. 6, the G.O.P. has experienced an epidemic of open-mindedness. The party may evolve quickly. If so, it’ll be powerfully influenced by people with names like Reihan, Ramesh, Yuval and Derek Khanna.
http://www.nytimes.com/2012/11/20/opinion/bro...
no mention of any FOX talking heads.
no doubt.
Brooks is a flaming liberal dontcha know, he's not even a frequent "contributor" to Fox "News".
Lily Boca Raton Fl

Boca Raton, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 2, 2012

Judged:

sonicfilter wrote:
Karl Rove says that divisiveness within the Republican Party is to blame for Republicans' failure to retake the Senate and the presidency, despite millions of dollars in outside spending.
The GOP needs to quell its infighting, he told an audience Wednesday at the Kansas Livestock Association's 100th convention in Wichita. The problem with the Republican Party isn't social issues, he said, but "an unwillingness to acknowledge differences."
"I'd rather have somebody who agrees with me most of the time than to send somebody there who's going to vote against my values and my views and do the wrong thing most of the time," he said.
Rove has spent much of his time since the election defending the performance of his Crossroads organizations, which spent more than $300 million supporting Republican candidates, with few successful results. Some of his top donors are reportedly fuming.
The Republican political operative also sounded unhappy with the experience, although he placed much of the blame on warring candidates.
"I was involved in a group called American Crossroads. It's the worst volunteer job I've had in my life," Rove said. "I was in charge of raising money. We raised $324 million. And I got sick and tired of spending money in races where the moderates and the conservatives had gone at each other and made victory impossible."
He called for Republicans to show more forbearance, saying, "It's got to be something that people are willing to say,'Fine, I'm looking at politics with a longer frame. You and I may not agree on everything but we agree more often than not, and I'm going to live to fight another day.'"
After a pause, he added, "Easier said than done."
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/11/30/karl...
Livestock convention? Classic! Did he squeal like a pig?
carol

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 2, 2012

Judged:

Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, we weren't attacked because people enjoy a foreign occupying force.
Do they enjoy being liberated from an Iraqi occupying force - i.e. Kuwait?

Do they enjoy being supplied with guns and training to run off Russian occuyping forces - i.e. Afghanistan?

Do Iraqis prefer electing their own leaders or sustaining a tyrant who tortured and oppressed them and put thousands in mass graves?

You're kooky.
carol

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 2, 2012

Judged:

Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course it couldn't be that the Republican Party was broadly rejected by the electorate last month. Unless you're arguing that a huge majority of Americans are "liberals" which destroys your frequent contention that America is a "center-right" nation. But, holding contradictory "truths" is your speciality so you and only you CAN have it both ways.
You're not only kooky but among the easily fooled who doesn't even have a stake in election outcomes. You just root for the wrong side because yours didn't stand a chance.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 2, 2012

Judged:

carol wrote:
<quoted text>
He proposed the same spending budget that was rejected by his own Democrats in 2008.
Why wouldn't the GOP reject it this time too?
Obama had a budget in 2008???
THE DEBIL

Reykjavík, Iceland

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 2, 2012

Judged:

Let's agree to stop calling the World Trade Center bombings, 9/11. We don't need to support the "branding" of disasters. Next thing you know we'll be invading some unrelated country using concocted intelligence in order to sell more munitions to the military.
carol

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 2, 2012

Judged:

shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
Which means that taxing the rich at a higher rate is just an ideological ploy. The Boy Messiah keeps pointing at those "evil rich" while he sinks us ever deeper into China's clutch. There are only two ways to view this. One: the Jerk-In-Chief has no clue as to what he's doing to this country and it's future generations or Two: he does and is willfully and frantically pursuing it. I choose to view it as Number Two and we need to fight this b*stard tooth and nail if we are to save what's left of our children's country and future.
Liberal Apologists are having a field day here on Topix looking to do some more Bush-Bashing to cover for their Boy Messiah's bungling and "explaining" what it is that the Jerk-In-Chief is trying to do. It ain't working. The King's new clothes just aren't there and he's a buck-naked jerk sapping America's energy, self-image and world position to new historic lows.
Hope and Change? Hope is hanging on by a thread and all the Change has been into negative territory.
All I want to know is what is he planning to cut in his balanced approach.

I've asked three liberals that question so far and none of them had an answer.

Which means they don't have a clue either like the rest of us.

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 2, 2012

Judged:

GOPidiotsx wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes. It's called being a gracious winner, as opposed to declaring a mandate and spending political capital.
No.*YOU* call it being a gracious winner, Mr. Wu Mao Dang.

The Boy Messiah has never acted as a gracious winner and if, at this late date, tries turning over a new leaf, it is only for buffing his political image in hopes of getting the upper hand in pushing us off the Fiscal Cliff.

Do you recall when Republican leaders met with him in the White House regarding ObamaCare? When John McCain spoke, the Jerk-In-Chief cut him off mid-sentence saying "John, the election is over and I won". Did you say "Gracious"? Lounge Lizards are more gracious.

Immediately following one of the Presidential Debates between McCain and the Boy Messiah, both couples passed each other exiting the stage. The men shook hands but as the two wives passed, Cindy McCain reached her hand out to Moochelle. The Ice Queen From Hell didn't even make eye contact with Cindy. She ignored the extended hand and brusquely walked past.

There is nothing gracious walking inside the White House today. There are but two political animals hiding their fangs as best they can along with the help of the complacent and committed media. So stop with the fairy tale approach. Save it for the kids.
carol

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 2, 2012

Judged:

Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
Where does it end?
I'd just be happy if he hung around D.C. long enough to sit down with republicans and hash out a do-able negotiation.

It's what's kinda expected of a president.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

23 Users are viewing the Chicago Forum right now

Search the Chicago Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 23 min Rogue Scholar 05 175,270
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 1 hr obama 49,033
Song Titles Only (group/artist in parenthesis m... (Mar '10) 1 hr _Zoey_ 7,705
IL Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Illinois ... (Oct '10) 1 hr obama 6,593
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 2 hr andet1987 4,579
Last word + 2 (Mar '12) 2 hr andet1987 488
Music Artists A to Z 3 hr _Zoey_ 265
Ask Amy 8-1-14 6 hr Shari23 19
•••
•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••