Barack Obama, our next President

Full story: Hampton Roads Daily Press

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Comments (Page 37,660)

Showing posts 753,181 - 753,200 of1,078,273
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
carol

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 2, 2012

Judged:

Realtime wrote:
Uh Oh__Carol's doing math__time for a beer run.
The "math" to which you are referring was "calculated" by David Brooks, a writer for the New York Times.

But you'd probably do a beer run at 10:30 on Sunday morning anyway.
THE DEBIL

Reykjavík, Iceland

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 2, 2012

Judged:

shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
You've got about as much humanity inside you as a Parking Meter does.
Let's hope you soon go Expired.
HUMANITY? A PARKING METER? JOHN MCCAIN SUCKED A LOT OF CONG DICK. DUH. YOU'RE THE WHO WANTS TO MAKE HIM INTO A GOD. THERE ARE NO GODS, JUST HUMANS. THEREFORE I HAVE MORE HUMANITY INSIDE ME THAN YOU DO. NOW QUARTERS, THAT'S ANOTHER MATTER.
dem

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 2, 2012

Judged:

carol wrote:
<quoted text>
The "math" to which you are referring was "calculated" by David Brooks, a writer for the New York Times.
But you'd probably do a beer run at 10:30 on Sunday morning anyway.
i think you forgot to say good morning to me.
THE DEBIL

Reykjavík, Iceland

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 2, 2012

Judged:

carol wrote:
<quoted text>
What part of "higher taxes wouldn't even produce enough revenue to cover a tenth of the deficit" don't you understand?
It's one simple concept. Perhaps you should read it again.
OH CAROL, HOW CAN YOU ADVISE SOMEONE TO DO SOMETHING YOU ARE UNABLE TO DO YOURSELF? LAST NIGHT I HANDED YOU MORE WISDOM THAN THE BIBLE AND THE QURAN AND THE TORAH ALL ROLLED TOGETHER AND WHAT DO YOU DO? YOU SPURN ME. HOW CAN YOU EXPECT ME TO KEEP BEING SWEET TO YOU WHEN YOU TREAT ME SO POORLY? PERHAPS, YOU SHOULD READ IT AGAIN...
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 2, 2012

Judged:

carol wrote:
<quoted text>
Without the necessary spending cuts in the budget - which is what is taking us over the cliff - and major reforms - which is not even mentioned by democrats much less entertained - we're going over the cliff with or without raising taxes on the 1% which won't make a dent in government spending Of which Obama wants even more.
You just don't get it.
the 'necessary' is very much open for debate. right wing talking points with nothing to back them up don't really impress.

but hell, i'm starting to be of a mind that we just go over the cliff. just cut the spending where it really needs to be cut. raise those taxes for everyone. then Obama can sit back, point at the GOP, say it was their fault, and he won't be wrong.

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 2, 2012

Judged:

carol wrote:
<quoted text>
Do winning presidents also say in their victory speeches they will be sitting down with the losing opponent in the weeks ahead to talk about how to move this country forward?
Thought Obama knew how to do that. He won. Why is he interested in Romney's input? He certainly isn't interested in any other republicans' input.
It's a trick, a ploy, carol. The Boy Messiah's trying to put pressure on the Republican House holding his free money/drugs. "See?" he says "I'm making kissy-Poo with Romney. I'm trying to compromise".

The snake keeps hissing.

Lapeer, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 2, 2012

Judged:

carol wrote:
<quoted text>
You posted 20 posts in a row that offered nothing but garbage.
What is WRONG with you?
Why ask the patient what their diagnosis is?
Ask the doctor, instead.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 2, 2012

Judged:

Is the Sequester or the Public’s Denial the Bigger Problem?

Permit me a stray radical thought or two ...

House Speaker John Boehner says there’s been “no progress” in the budget talks in the past two weeks.

At this moment, Republicans in Congress need to examine which presents a more dire threat to the country:

A) A double-dip recession driven by the sequester and the expiration of the Bush tax cuts, or

B) the public’s belief (verified through polling) that our giant debt, our ticking time bomb of entitlements, and our gargantuan government can be solved by “asking the richest Americans to pay a little bit more,” as Obama insists.

Option A is terrible, but Option B is the giant locked door blocking all of the real solutions.

So if we must have tax hikes, let the tax cuts for every income level expire and let everyone of every income level pay higher taxes. Destroy the illusion among so many voters that they can get all the government they want without paying more in taxes.

We hear the sequestration deal described as terrible, but it passed both houses of Congress and was signed into law by President Obama. Everyone knew there was a possibility it would go into effect.

Mitt Romney and Republicans spent much of 2012 talking about how badly sequestration would endanger our national security by cutting defense spending. The American people voted for the man who signed it into law anyway. It is time we all saw the consequences of that.

http://www.nationalreview.com/campaign-spot/3...
THE DEBIL

Reykjavík, Iceland

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 2, 2012

Judged:

dem wrote:
<quoted text>
MEEEE TOO. WHAT'S SO BAD ABOUT MAKING A BEER RUN AT 10:30 ON A SUNDAY MORNING?

Lapeer, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 2, 2012

Judged:

GhostofRaygun wrote:
<quoted text>I'm sure a few months in re-education camp is going to help you with all this hate.
I'm sure that a 50 Gal Colostomy Bag would help you with the pressure on your brain.
carol

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 2, 2012

Judged:

TSM wrote:
Obama and the Liberals/Democrats have no intent of solving this Fiscal Cliff Crisis their intention is to use this Crisis against Republicans in 2014 the question will it Work!! Republicans should just walk away leave No Prints!!
The Democrats are working this like a sleezy scam artist. They know if Republicans take a stand against this nonsense, they will be blamed by liberals. They also know that if Republicans cave or walk away, they will possibly be blamed by other republicans.

They're counting on not wasting this continuing and ongoing crisis so they can come out smelling like roses to the easily fooled even though they caused it themselves and can blame someone else another four years.

It's what weasels do.

But a big part of me agrees with you. However, if republicans walk away to leave no fingerprints, they need to get in front of any camera they see for the next four years and make it crystal clear to the American public they went along with what the majority wanted AGAINST their advise and better judgment.

They also need to repeat a much better plan ad nauseum.

If they do both of these things, they cannot be blamed.
dem

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 2, 2012

Judged:

so i call up top mod 15 and say "dude, how dare one of your minions erase my posts".

15:'my apologies dem.
we have a new automated system that keys in on certain words'

dem: bad words? just english?

15: mostly the real naughty ones Santa wouldn't like. see George Carlin

dem: he's dead. but its becoming clearer.
so you mean to tell me as long as a circumvent that silly fkn machine i can do as i please?

15: yes my lord continue spreading your message.

dem: shots on me.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 2, 2012

Judged:

The Conservative Future
By DAVID BROOKS

If you listened to the Republican candidates this year, you heard a conventional set of arguments. But if you go online, you can find a vibrant and increasingly influential center-right conversation. Most of the young writers and bloggers in this conversation intermingle, but they can be grouped, for clarity’s sake, around a few hot spots:....

.... By and large, these diverse writers did not grow up in the age of Reagan and are not trying to recapture it. They disdain what you might call Donor Base Republicanism. Most important, they matured intellectually within a far-reaching Web-based conversation. In contrast to many members of the conservative political-entertainment complex, they are data-driven, empirical and low-key in tone.

They are united more by a style of feedback and mutual scrutiny than by a common agenda. Some politically unorthodox people in this conversation, such as Josh Barro of Bloomberg View, Meghan Clyne of National Affairs and Heather Mac Donald of the Manhattan Institute, specialize in puncturing sentimentality and groupthink.

Since Nov. 6, the G.O.P. has experienced an epidemic of open-mindedness. The party may evolve quickly. If so, it’ll be powerfully influenced by people with names like Reihan, Ramesh, Yuval and Derek Khanna.

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/11/20/opinion/bro...

no mention of any FOX talking heads.

no doubt.
carol

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 2, 2012

Judged:

dem wrote:
<quoted text>
A thousand pardons. Good morning.
Yeah

Mililani, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 2, 2012

Judged:

carol wrote:
<quoted text>
Do winning presidents also say in their victory speeches they will be sitting down with the losing opponent in the weeks ahead to talk about how to move this country forward?
Thought Obama knew how to do that. He won. Why is he interested in Romney's input? He certainly isn't interested in any other republicans' input.
lol! Because cons can't claim they weren't part of the process.

They're still viewed as being obstructionist and they have 2 years to change the public's perception on that.

As of today, I don't think they're capable of that... too much politics for them to change any of their stripes!
carol

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 2, 2012

Judged:

shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
It's a trick, a ploy, carol. The Boy Messiah's trying to put pressure on the Republican House holding his free money/drugs. "See?" he says "I'm making kissy-Poo with Romney. I'm trying to compromise".
The snake keeps hissing.
The dems sure kissed up to big pharmacy to get that monstrosity they call health care reform passed.
dem

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 2, 2012

Judged:

THE DEBIL wrote:
<quoted text>
MEEEE TOO. WHAT'S SO BAD ABOUT MAKING A BEER RUN AT 10:30 ON A SUNDAY MORNING?
I live in the third largest city in the ole US and they dont sell alcohol till noon on Sundays?
Indiana not all day...
And yet Florida sells suds on sunday?

Lapeer, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 2, 2012

Judged:

Impeach Obama wrote:
<quoted text>They organize and oversee the recovery effort. They haven't organized anything because a majority of people there are white Republicans.
I wonder how many lawyers are going to be cleaning up after the FEMA mess?

Hey! Maybe the Boy Messiah could get suzzie rice to take over FEMA. All she'd have to do is go lie on 6 TV Newstalk shows and we can all go home!
THE DEBIL

Reykjavík, Iceland

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 2, 2012

Judged:

shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
Why ask the patient what their diagnosis is?
Ask the doctor, instead.
NO POINT IN PAYIN' SOMEBODY TO TELL YOU WHAT YOU WANT TO HEAR. MAKE YOU WONDER WHY YOU'D TITHE TO THE CHURCH... UNLESS YOU TRYIN' TO BUY YOU WAY IN?
Yeah

Mililani, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 2, 2012

Judged:

Impeach Obama wrote:
<quoted text>The people who voted him in by a very slim margin could care less about his plan. They only voted for him because he's black. That's the ONLY reason he ever got elected to anything. If he was white he'd have never even been elected Senator.
lol! So... the people who voted for Romney is because he's white?

Wow.

And here I thought they voted for Obama because he's Christian and this is a Christian country... well, at least that's what the cons were saying!

They're such a mixed up bunch!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 753,181 - 753,200 of1,078,273
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

73 Users are viewing the Chicago Forum right now

Search the Chicago Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 18 min j_m_w 97,509
IL Illinois Governor Recall Amendment (Oct '10) 18 min KrisChristie 1,855
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 52 min Terry rigsby 48,839
Amy 7-22 1 hr PEllen 13
Anti-Jewish leaflets: Anti-Semitic hate message... 1 hr Uncle Samowitz 5
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 1 hr Learn to Read 174,443
Music Artists A to Z 2 hr Roxie Darling 258
•••

Beach Hazards Statement for Cook County was issued at July 22 at 2:51PM CDT

•••
•••
Chicago Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000