Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1275981 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#815466 Dec 2, 2012
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
It's a much different climate with a $16 trillion debt. It's a much different climate with class warfare. It's a much different climate with the number of jobless, with the private sector under attack and an economy that's teetering on a fiscal cliff.
No it isn't, the climate is strikingly similar to the climate of the 50's. What's different is that you have a major "news" outlet telling you the climate is different. Where are all these rich folk going to emigrate to where they'll pay lower taxes and enjoy the benefits they enjoy here? Who else has run up their entitlement and infrastructure and war credit card tab to over 100% of GDP? They can just stay here and continue to ride the gravy train on the backs of future generations. Of course, buying $300k in Greek bonds gets them an EU passport if they're so inclined. Know anybody that wants to move to Greece?
carol

Orlando, FL

#815467 Dec 2, 2012
Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
You learned that Obama was a "proven failure" from the fiction out of Fox "News". Raw economic data said the opposite. I tried to tell you but you always fall back on the last thing Fox told you. Really, you should buy one of those TV's that get more than one channel.
You'd have to provide some stats to prove the opposite.

Unless a little good news here and there over the past four years was good enough for you.

And the next four years will be even better under Obama's plan.
carol

Orlando, FL

#815468 Dec 2, 2012
Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
I called you stupid. Unemployment was at or above 6% for all of 1958. Now the question is, did you even know we had a recession in 1958? You knew we had a depression in the 30's but what do you know beyond that? In 2112 the 2008 collapse will still be in textbooks.
All anyone has to do is look at that BLS website I posted to see for themselves that you're just kooky.

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#815469 Dec 2, 2012
Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm sure it sounded poetic and profound to you.
"Only two kinds of people are gonna stay on this beach: those that are already dead and those that are gonna be dead."
You are sure of a lot of unreal things. Confidence, to a moron, comes as a Death Wish so watch your step. Pigeons who try strutting like a Rooster are cat food.

What I consider poetic and profound is truly poetic and profound. To you, they are letters handled by Vanna White.

Poetry and Profundity can only be found in the wide open depths of pathos but, unfortunately, even in those depths, we find the likes of you as bottom feeders and in the shallows as clueless consumers. Like the poor, they will always be among us.

Location hidden

#815470 Dec 2, 2012
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
You'd have to provide some stats to prove the opposite.
Unless a little good news here and there over the past four years was good enough for you.
And the next four years will be even better under Obama's plan.
I've been providing you stats for years, you just chose the Fox Swill over real data. This has pretty much been the story all along:

http://bullandbearwise.com/content.asp

Get somebody to explain bulls and bears to you, I'm spent.

Lapeer, MI

#815471 Dec 2, 2012
GOPidiotsx wrote:
<quoted text>
College students and young adults have brains.
So do Gerbils, Garden Slugs and Democrats.

What's your point?

Location hidden

#815472 Dec 2, 2012
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
All anyone has to do is look at that BLS website I posted to see for themselves that you're just kooky.
But after all this time you still don't know that you can't post the result of a form query from BLS so anybody that opened your link got bupkiss.

Lapeer, MI

#815474 Dec 2, 2012
Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
Carol doesn't care about a few hundred white babies, only white fetuses.
carol, the Unchained Mouth is back and without his meds.
Taking his uttering seriously is seriously a mistake.
Let's have fun with the yapping Chihuahua!

You poke it first.
carol

Orlando, FL

#815473 Dec 2, 2012
GOPidiotsx wrote:
<quoted text>
Why not? You do it everytime you tune in to FOX
Okay, let's see if you answer these questions honestly:

Can you strengthen the weak by weakening the strong?

Can you lift the wage earner by pulling down the wage payer?

Can you help the poor by destroying the rich?

Can you further the brotherhood of man by inciting class hatred?

Yes or No?

Location hidden

#815475 Dec 2, 2012
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
You are sure of a lot of unreal things. Confidence, to a moron, comes as a Death Wish so watch your step. Pigeons who try strutting like a Rooster are cat food.
What I consider poetic and profound is truly poetic and profound. To you, they are letters handled by Vanna White.
Poetry and Profundity can only be found in the wide open depths of pathos but, unfortunately, even in those depths, we find the likes of you as bottom feeders and in the shallows as clueless consumers. Like the poor, they will always be among us.
Are you threatening me?

How quaint.

Lapeer, MI

#815476 Dec 2, 2012
Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
Was that your question?
No.
Your question was what cuts Obama proposed. I showed you his proposed cuts and you lolled them around on your tongue long enough to completely wipe them.
Keep up with yourself stupid.
See, carol? I told ya:}

Location hidden

#815477 Dec 2, 2012
Go to bed, time to start a new week!

Lapeer, MI

#815478 Dec 2, 2012
Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
Top marginal rates under Eisenhower were in the 90% range, it helped pay off the debt from WWII. It was considered "patriotic".
...and? Have we had a WWII lately, Dood?
carol

Orlando, FL

#815479 Dec 2, 2012
Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
You can when you wrap it in a lie, you idiots would never quote the honorable William John Henry Boetcker, he's not in your lexicon. Y'all are well known for false attributions. Hell, Newt had y'all convinced there were no such things as "Palestinians" but your own Bible proved him wrong.
That's just a bunch of hogwash. How can that list published by someone you acknowledge as credible be wrapped in a lie if he wrote them?

You just keep backing yourself in a corner for argument's sake.

Lapeer, MI

#815480 Dec 2, 2012
Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
I beg to differ with Nuculer Option, with the exception of the lower 9th Ward New Orleans is anything but a disaster area. I think I even like it better now. We went the first week of June and are planning to go again this month.
Take your Free Cellphone!

Lapeer, MI

#815481 Dec 2, 2012
GOPidiotsx wrote:
<quoted text>
He borrowed the idea from Bush. Medicare Part D ring a bell? Talk about vote buying with tax dollars!
FOX n Friends can justify the election loss however they like, but it's still a lie...just like when they claimed Romney/Ryan in a landslide...you know, all polls were skewed Democrat LOLOLOLOL
Kneejerk reaction with a strong emphasis on the "Jerk" part.

Ever hear of Pavlov's Dog?

Here's how it works: I point to a dog-pile dropped by the Boy Messiah and you immediately begin salivating and do a Bush-Bash Stupid Pet Trick!

Say hi to Pavlov for me, jerk:}
carol

Orlando, FL

#815482 Dec 2, 2012
Linda wrote:
<quoted text>Its ironic that college students and young adults supported Obama. Eventually, enough years will pass until the blame Bush excuse doesn't cut it when they are still living in their parents basements and working at McDonalds.
They are so hoping Obama will pay off their student loans...at our expense...whether they have a job or not.

The problem has always been Obama doesn't see government and taxpayers as one and the same.

Lapeer, MI

#815484 Dec 2, 2012
GOPidiotsx wrote:
<quoted text>
Obama won the popular vote by a larger margin than your terd Bush, who claimed an election 'mandate'.
Pavlov's back!

Letterman's always looking for more Stupid Pet Tricks.
Expect a call soon:}
carol

Orlando, FL

#815485 Dec 2, 2012
Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
You got all upset about the Trail of Tears, aren't you going to shed a tear now for Bosnian rape victims?
The question is are you going to shed a tear for the tortured women and children in Iraq, Afghanistan and Kuwait.

I didn't have a problem going into Bosnia for humanitarian reasons.

“Is that all you've got?”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#815486 Dec 2, 2012
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
carol, the Unchained Mouth is back and without his meds.
Taking his uttering seriously is seriously a mistake.
Let's have fun with the yapping Chihuahua!
You poke it first.
It'll take more than a little Dutch boy to plug that vomitory.

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mda69xhWX31...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
abby 8-28-15 17 min RACE 6
Double Word Game (Dec '11) 23 min Lexus1985 1,720
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 24 min Rogue Scholar 05 196,888
Song Titles Only (group/artist in parenthesis m... (Mar '10) 37 min RJS 8,133
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 53 min RACE 6,420
Ask Amy 8-30-15 1 hr RACE 4
Who's responsible for Katrina? 1 hr Chicagoan by Birth 2
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages