Barack Obama, our next President

Full story: Hampton Roads Daily Press

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...
Comments
752,821 - 752,840 of 1,099,850 Comments Last updated 59 min ago
TheIndependentMa jority

London, KY

#814684 Dec 1, 2012
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
ugly.
carol doesn't seem to realize that her defense of the war has been widely ridiculed. left, right, doesn't matter. it all sounds like this.....
Top 10 Lessons of the Iraq War
Lesson #1: The United States lost. The first and most important lesson of Iraq war is that we didn’t win in any meaningful sense of that term. The alleged purpose of the war was eliminating Saddam Hussein’s weapons of mass destruction, but it turns out he didn’t have any. Oops. Then the rationale shifted to creating a pro-American democracy, but Iraq today is at best a quasi-democracy and far from pro-American. The destruction of Iraq improved Iran’s position in the Persian Gulf — which is hardly something the United States intended — and the costs of the war (easily exceeding $1 trillion dollars) are much larger than U.S. leaders anticipated or promised. The war was also a giant distraction, which diverted the Bush administration from other priorities (e.g., Afghanistan) and made the United States much less popular around the world…
http://www.theamericanconservative.com/top-10...
Check out the after effects recorded from Chernobyl sometime.

Fukishima remains to be seen.
TheIndependentMa jority

London, KY

#814685 Dec 1, 2012
new yawk wrote:
I'm thinking we could change a few things in this outdated paperback.
Like naming Obama king for life.
Then start confiscating guns from southerners and hillbillies.
Must be some serious hallucinogens they gave you there in the lunaTicbin there-dude.
TheIndependentMa jority

London, KY

#814689 Dec 1, 2012
Realtime wrote:
WTF, has this become the comedy thread?
Whatever it is now is better than before Da Bammy crushed Ann and Willard Romney's turn in the White House.
Did the lunaTics have you skeered in brainwashing that Romney would've made you go to church--or something nutcase like that?

Do yew feel better now, knowing you could choose a mosque to attend instead?
new yawk

Tonawanda, NY

#814690 Dec 1, 2012
Here, let me tell YOU what I really think, dem.
new yawk wrote:
I'm thinking we could change a few things in Obama's outdated paperback. Replace his lies with the truth.

Like naming Obama the turncoat president, who sold America out to the anti-American UN and Russia.
His secret back seat dalliance went from his male boy toys, to striking back room deals with Russia and The UN.
Then start unsealing ALL of his records.
TheIndependentMa jority

London, KY

#814691 Dec 1, 2012
Razors Edge wrote:
That’s a long way of trying to explain what Debbie Wasserman Schultz said last month: Just because the administration put out stories about Benghazi that proved to be wrong doesn’t mean they were false at the time they were told. Got that?
Susan Rice,Lied to every one in the USA?????
Anyone minus half a brain who was watching the edit/scratch/edit here's the propaganda to tell the masses about the FAILED foreign policy resulting in another terrorist attack in Libya anyway.

The rest realized-something stunk, like incompetency and apologetics, again.
TheIndependentMa jority

London, KY

#814692 Dec 1, 2012
yawkies minge wrote:
<quoted text>
We're tough! We intend to recycle our own piss!
Ewe....more extremism. FEMA said not to bother-y'all just go straight to San Quentin...Charlie will be waiting fer ya.
TheIndependentMa jority

London, KY

#814693 Dec 1, 2012
yawkies minge wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't put up with kinda talk, old man. I'd sic hub on you, but he's finishing up an eggplant parm hero right now.
Let us know when you're OFF those hallucinogens!!
new yawk

Tonawanda, NY

#814694 Dec 1, 2012
Impossible. You don't have a "hub" to sic on anybody.

Jealous?

No man would want an old worn torn hookin' the homeless obese broad like you.

Aint it a shame, still stuck in Alabama, slammin' what you can get your talons into, the $2 dolla trick.

debil wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't put up with kinda talk, old man. I'd sic hub on you, but he's finishing up an eggplant parm hero right now.
TheIndependentMa jority

London, KY

#814695 Dec 1, 2012
yawkies minge wrote:
<quoted text>
We're tough! We intend to recycle our own piss!
oh and

"Stop drinking from the toilet bow" shiningelec
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#814697 Dec 1, 2012
Sean says go over the cliff.

Sean Hannity Urges Republicans To "Refuse To Negotiate" On The Budget

http://mediamatters.org/video/2012/11/30/sean...

cool.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#814699 Dec 1, 2012
too good....

Yesterday, a pair of articles, one on Fox News, the other on Fox Latino, each detailed a lawsuit against Arizona Gov. Jan Brewer’s denial of driver’s licenses to undocumented immigrants in the state on work visas granted through Obama’s recent federal policy. The policy seeks to assist immigrants brought here as children, who have stayed here, gotten an education, and avoided a life of crime. Not surprisingly, the immigrants were painted in a more favorable light on Fox Latino while Gov. Brewer got better PR on FoxNews.com .

Both articles have reporting from the Associated Press, and some of the reporting in each of the articles is identical. Why, then, are readers at Fox News’ main site treated to this opening paragraph?

Immigrant rights advocates filed a lawsuit Thursday that seeks to overturn Arizona Gov. Jan Brewer’s order denying driver’s licenses for young immigrants who have gotten work permits and avoided deportation under a new Obama administration policy.

But readers at Fox Latino find this:

Civil-liberties and immigrant-right groups filed a historic lawsuit Thursday against Arizona Gov. Jan Brewer and her executive order denying driver’s licenses to young undocumented immigrants approved for federal work permits under President Barack Obama’s deferred-action program.

Notice the difference? If you are on FoxNews.com , you get language such as “avoided deportation” while the Latino site empathizes with the young immigrants “approved for federal work permits.” Indeed, Fox, it is all in how you say it.

Fox News:

“Brewer has defended her Aug. 15 order on driver’s licenses as necessary for ensuring that state agencies adhere to the intent of state laws denying public benefits to illegal immigrants.”

Fox Latino:

“When Brewer announced the order back on Aug.15, the governor said she was reaffirming the intent of current Arizona law denying taxpayer-funded public benefits and state identification to undocumented immigrants.”

Fox is implicitly admitting its use of “illegal” is a slur they do not wish their Latino audience to read.

The article on FoxNews.com also omits information that “dozens marched toward the capital Wednesday night, upset with Brewer’s executive order.” Worried that their “folks” may not like the sound of people protesting one of their favorite governors?

Such blatant pandering is insulting enough, but perhaps more so is the insult to their readers' intelligence. The articles are within a few clicks of each another so either Fox thinks its readers are too lazy, too stupid or too uninterested to notice that it changes its reporting according to who's likely to be looking. Any of the possibilities is disgusting.

http://www.newshounds.us/fox_news_vs_fox_lati...
Grampy

South Windsor, CT

#814700 Dec 1, 2012
lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
I liked this comment from the WSJ:
was too hopeful that the Republican Party would realize it was time to compromise. But they continue to be obstructionists.
If we can’t compromise to get wealthy Americans to pay their fair share, let’s all drive off the cliff together. When we go off the cliff, wealthy Americans will start paying their fair share. Average Americans will have to pay a little more than their fair share; i hope we can handle that for a while. We will get defense cuts, something the Republicans would never agree to. And social security and the Affordable Health Care act will be fine, unrelated issues the Republicans keep bring up. Fear will tumble Wall Street but it will bounce back very soon.
Driving off the cliff might be the best deal we get. Don’t be afraid, don’t blink.
http://blogs.wsj.com/washwire/2012/11/29/clif...
Grampy will not tumble off the cliff. After Frido Biden's speach about putting y'all back in chains Grampy cleaned out the local True Value's chain rack to be prepared...
Now I'm chaining myself to a tree so I won't be going off the cliff. But, it'll be a hoot watching y'all freefall...
Grampy

South Windsor, CT

#814704 Dec 1, 2012
sonicfilter wrote:
Sean says go over the cliff.
Sean Hannity Urges Republicans To "Refuse To Negotiate" On The Budget
http://mediamatters.org/video/2012/11/30/sean...
cool.
Now Obama wants unilateral authority to raise the debt ceiling. Who the hell does he think he is, Mohamed Morsi?

Obama in 2006: "The fact that we are here today to debate raising America’s debt limit is a sign of leadership failure. It is a sign that the U.S. Government can’t pay its own bills. It is a sign that we now depend on ongoing financial assistance from foreign countries to finance our Government’s reckless fiscal policies.… Increasing America’s debt weakens us domestically and internationally. Leadership means that ‘the buck stops here. Instead, Washington is shifting the burden of bad choices today onto the backs of our children and grandchildren. America has a debt problem and a failure of leadership. Americans deserve better."
new yawk

Tonawanda, NY

#814705 Dec 1, 2012
No doubt considering you're nothing more than a southern white trailer trash illiterate from Alabamma.

Still moving, J --- et?

Well cram it!!! Time is short.
And Alabama shackins have a high occupancy rate.
debils minge wrote:
<quoted text>
Some of my relatives still live in caves!
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#814706 Dec 1, 2012
Impeach Obama wrote:
The folks on Staten Island sure are upset with Obama's FEMA. They still haven't done anything. No power, no heat, no water. Why won't CNN and MSNBC report about their incompetence?
No repairs allowed without union labor and government inspections.

On Long Island, the power company is a government agency, so lotsa luck.
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#814707 Dec 1, 2012
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
The "humanitarian angle" was always part of the equation. During the Clinton administration and the Iraq Liberation Act of 1998, the Act included a future need for War Crimes Tribunals in Iraq: "The Congress urges the President to call upon the United Nations to establish an international criminal tribunal for the purpose of indicting, prosecuting, and imprisoning Saddam Hussein and other Iraqi officials who are responsible for crimes against humanity, genocide, and other criminal violations of international law."
However, WMDs was always the primary focus - in 1998, during the UN resolutions and post 9/11. The entire world knew he had them and had used them.
He had plenty of time to get rid of them before and after the UN inspections and during the 14 resolutions by the UN, but he would have gotten them back.
The 260 mass graves were discovered after we went into Iraq, by the way.
lol! It doesn't matter. The AUMF specifically authorized the president the power to use force as he saw fit. It did NOT force the president to target Saddam or invade a sovereign country... it was at his discretion.

You people keep confusing what's open speech versus facts and legal authorization. And besides, if Saddam had gotten rid of the wmds as you claim, then Hans Blix, the French, Germans and Russians WERE CORRECT that Saddam had no wmds.... which make bushie an illegal liar.

What you believe and what actually occurred are clearly two different things.
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#814708 Dec 1, 2012
Grampy wrote:
<quoted text>
Grampy will not tumble off the cliff. After Frido Biden's speach about putting y'all back in chains Grampy cleaned out the local True Value's chain rack to be prepared...
Now I'm chaining myself to a tree so I won't be going off the cliff. But, it'll be a hoot watching y'all freefall...
Go for it. Did you chain Fred and Gunner?
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#814709 Dec 1, 2012
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
Christianity is a faith-based personal relationship with Jesus Christ. It is a philosophy of Christ's teachings.
That philosophy is expressed, practiced and interpreted by different religions all around the world - from Catholicism and its many sects to Protastantism and its many sects to Easteron Orthodox religions to Oriental Orthodoxy - and everything else in between.
So unless the government is forcing one specific "religion" on the people, it's not the same as tolerating the "philosophy" of Christianity which is basically "peace, good will to all men."
lol! Is that the Old Testament or the New Testament?
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#814710 Dec 1, 2012
sonicfilter wrote:
The Republicans are, reportedly, outraged by President Obama’s opening bid in the fiscal cliff talks. Republicans always seem to be outraged. It’s getting boring. They need to step up and make a counter-offer.
http://swampland.time.com/2012/11/30/how-to-n...
If I walk up to you on the street and say to you that I'm gonna shoot you in the head no matter what you, what is your counter-offer?

Obama's "opening bid" was a joke.
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#814713 Dec 1, 2012
Chicagoan by Birth wrote:
<quoted text>You are 'the pot calling the kettle black, and believe 'in your own mind' that you think reasonably. BUT... You voted Barack Hussein Obama, which means you voted to have the Usurper in Chief not only pick you pocket. But clean out your welfare account? But as Spanky in the 'Our Gang Comedies' shook the monkey by tail. "Got any money monkey"? Does the shaking, ring a bell Yeahoo?? It ought too??
lol! Then find me the declaration of war for iraq you claim exists for the iraqi invasion son! Find me the Congressional records you claim exist that support and show the passage of such a declaration.

We can talk about the dow's you brought up for Korea and Vietnam later.

I'd just like to see you accomplish the small stuff first since you already have problems with facts, chica!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 5 min JOEL 68,941
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 23 min D-U-H 49,462
HKN Record Label(Davido OBO) Need UpComing Arti... 24 min Mr Michael 1
Danger! It is horrible, rotten luck to hug a w... 32 min minluo 2
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 38 min danetoo 68,346
Word (Dec '08) 1 hr andet1987 4,649
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 2 hr LRS 177,347
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 9 hr Phil Indeblanc 97,916
•••
•••
Chicago Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000