Barack Obama, our next President

Full story: Hampton Roads Daily Press

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...
Comments
752,581 - 752,600 of 1,100,230 Comments Last updated 1 hr ago
Peppy

Greensboro, NC

#814379 Nov 30, 2012
flack wrote:
<quoted text> Hey you are batting 50% there Dave.
He was doing better than that right up until the senility started to set in.
TSM

El Paso, TX

#814381 Nov 30, 2012
RealDave one area Obama’s is good at (Recycle Speeches and Budgets!!) But Dave I’ll give it to you and Obama you both have similar Traits always arguing the Past for the Present!!
THE GERBL

Oklahoma City, OK

#814382 Nov 30, 2012
Old Liberals wrote:
Why anyone comes here and reads this crap is beyond me.
There is nothing but a bunch of unemployed, retired and hateful far left liberals posting mindless crap. In the high tech field, Topix and it's biased moderators are considered bottom feeders working for a company that has no integrity and makes money off idiots who post here.
The mnoderators at Topix are just as bad as the idiots posting.
Any of you who have class would be better off going to some other website to converse.
Topix is just a joke and a magnet for idiots.
There are several better sites such as disqus and webtalk. Starting a company like Topix is easy.
Someone should take over and remove these idiots, the moderators and Topix.
Post of the decade.....
Peppy

Greensboro, NC

#814383 Nov 30, 2012
flack wrote:
<quoted text> I give up.
I get it Flack, it was never the government's money to begin with. With his logic you should thank a person who stops stealing newspapers off your front porch.
Jane Says

New York, NY

#814384 Nov 30, 2012
flack wrote:
<quoted text> I know right! the single largest attack on America since Pearl Harbor and they just want to sweep it under the rug for political purposes. It's disgusting.
don't you know? it was a "man-caused" disaster and not terrorism. i should probably tell all those serious looking guys in military gear carrying assault weapons who we see everywhere in NYC that Homer Slacker of BoDunk, PA said they aren't needed.
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#814385 Nov 30, 2012
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
No, no, what I'm saying is Obama took a crisis that he didn't want it to go to waste and now we're 6 trillion more in debt.
I'm also saying the Democrats were privy to the same intelligence as Bush (and were just hoping you'd be stupid enough to believe they were "lied to"), voted for both wars and voted for the funding of both wars.
However, Newt and Clinton's Republican Congress are responsible for the surplus during the 6 of Clinton's 8 year term. He was just smart enough to go along with it.
Are we good now?
No, the democrats were given the intel by bushie. Besides...

"... SPIEGEL: The German government was convinced that "Curveball" would not be used in the now famous presentation that then US Secretary of State Colin Powell gave in 2003 before the United Nations Security Council.

Drumheller: I had assured my German friends that it wouldn't be in the speech. I really thought that I had put it to bed. I had warned the CIA deputy John McLaughlin that this case could be fabricated. The night before the speech, then CIA director George Tenet called me at home. I said: "Hey Boss, be careful with that German report. It's supposed to be taken out. There are a lot of problems with that." He said: "Yeah, yeah. Right. Dont worry about that."

SPIEGEL: But it turned out to be the centerpiece in Powell’s presentation -- and nobody had told him about the doubts.

Drumheller: I turned on the TV in my office, and there it was. So the first thing I thought, having worked in the government all my life, was that we probably gave Powell the wrong speech. We checked our files and found out that they had just ignored it.

SPIEGEL: So the White House just ignored the fact that the whole story might have been untrue?

Drumheller: The policy was set. The war in Iraq was coming and they were looking for intelligence to fit into the policy. Right before the war, I said to a very senior CIA officer: "You guys must have something else," because you always think it's the CIA. "There is some secret thing I don`t know." He said: "No. But when we get to Baghdad, we are going to find warehouses full of stuff. Nobody is going to remember all of this."..."

So yes, bushie did lie. It's really clear.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#814386 Nov 30, 2012
Old Liberals wrote:
There is nothing but a bunch of unemployed, retired and hateful far left liberals posting mindless crap. In the high tech field, Topix and it's biased moderators are considered bottom feeders working for a company that has no integrity and makes money off idiots who post here.
The moderators at Topix are just as bad as the idiots posting.
Any of you who have class would be better off going to some other website to converse.
There are several better sites such as disqus and webtalk. Starting a company like Topix is easy.
oh oh oh, like we should all go over to FOX Nation? then the Secret Service can keep us all in check along with the Obama death threat cabal??

so let's talk about bottom feeders.
Jane Says

New York, NY

#814387 Nov 30, 2012
lily boca raton fl wrote:
RAMALLAH, West Bank -- Euphoric Palestinians erupted in cheers, honked car horns and chanted "God is great" after the United Nations endorsed an independent state of Palestine, giving sweeping international backing to their demands for sovereignty over lands Israel occupied in 1967.
The massive international recognition of the Palestinians' right to a state – only nine of 193 General Assembly members voted against it – gave them hope that the tide had turned in their favor.
"It's a great feeling to have a state, even if in name only," said civil servant Mohammed Srour, 28, standing in a flag-waving a crowd of more than 2,000 packed into a square in the West Bank city of Ramallah late Thursday. "The most beautiful dream of any man is to have an independent state, particularly for us Palestinians who have lived under occupation for a long time."
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/11/30/un-p...
we think you and hubby should visit. you in a burka would be an improvement, and he'd blend.
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#814388 Nov 30, 2012
Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
In the US in 2001 you stood a three times greater chance of death by drowning than by act of terror. Don't forget swimming pools.
What's up with the Dutch people falling down stairs that much?
things that make you go; hmmmmm.....
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#814389 Nov 30, 2012
Old Liberals wrote:
The moderators at Topix are just as bad as the idiots posting.
Hi Gunner
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#814390 Nov 30, 2012
Jane Says wrote:
<quoted text>don't you know? it was a "man-caused" disaster and not terrorism. i should probably tell all those serious looking guys in military gear carrying assault weapons who we see everywhere in NYC that Homer Slacker of BoDunk, PA said they aren't needed.
Terrorism is not caused by man? Oh, well maybe it's caused by global warming. Thanks for the update.

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

#814391 Nov 30, 2012
Peppy wrote:
<quoted text>
I get it Flack, it was never the government's money to begin with. With his logic you should thank a person who stops stealing newspapers off your front porch.
We have to put a stop to this notion that the government owns everything and that they are doing us a favor by letting us keep more of our own money, property, and medical care. If not there will be no end to their assumption of power.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#814392 Nov 30, 2012
lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi Gunner
really?

LMAO
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#814393 Nov 30, 2012
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
Not anymore amazing than liberals being told democrats voted to give Bush permission to go into Iraq (seeing they wanted to remove him themselves back in 1998) and voted to fund that war before it became politically expedient to become weasels and it's as if their hearing just shuts down.
LOL!
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#814395 Nov 30, 2012
Mistress Revealed CIA Ops as Petraeus’ Mouthpiece

(headline of the day)

http://www.wired.com/dangerroom/2012/11/broad...

“Often imitated”

Since: Jul 07

never duplicated

#814396 Nov 30, 2012
Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
In the US in 2001 you stood a three times greater chance of death by drowning than by act of terror. Don't forget swimming pools.
I love how you 2 are comparing acts of war to daily accidents. Fools

“God bless you, Mr. President”

Since: Jul 08

Peaceful, prosperous second

#814397 Nov 30, 2012
flack wrote:
<quoted text> You have no way of knowing that so you conjecture is pure bullshit. I could just as easily say it would be much worse. Which would be bullshit as well. Coulda, woulda, shoulda is for children.
I pity yours if that's what you taught them about actions having consequences. Face it, you Grumpy Old Pricks put a clueless Connecticut frat boy (pretending to be a swaggering cowboy) into office for eight years and it damned near wrecked us all. Shame on you.
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#814398 Nov 30, 2012
carol wrote:
Okay, I'm going now. But before I do...
The Determinators is a chilling story which uncovers the dark underside of the massive healthcare reform bill that, once fully implemented, will significantly threaten the way Americans live and die. Based on the book "The Battle for America's Soul" by CL Gray, MD. The Determinators feature leading experts in the field of healthcare who have studied the law and it's impending ramifications.
The Determinators highlights several of the worst elements of Obamacare that big-government bureaucrats want to keep hidden from the public until it's too late. It's information people need to know before they decide how to vote.
http://www.teleprompterpresident.com/2012/11/...
Hope some of you will watch it.
Remember...knowledge is power.
LOL! Newsflash Carol: the people already voted! Duh.
They voted for healthcare, they voted for raising taxes on the rich.
All your whining is for naught.
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#814399 Nov 30, 2012
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
really?
LMAO
Wouldn't you say?

Since: May 11

Loysville, PA

#814400 Nov 30, 2012
flack wrote:
<quoted text> We have to put a stop to this notion that the government owns everything and that they are doing us a favor by letting us keep more of our own money, property, and medical care. If not there will be no end to their assumption of power.
That is not the notion at all.

The idea that you think a tax cut doesn't give you more money is just ridiculous.

Why don't you argue yourself to death over the net difference in your account due to a discount vs an instant rebate.

It doesn't matter if you keep more of your money or if more is put into your account. The net result is that you have more.

You have more because of the tax cut.

You can eep arguing this until you're blue in the face, you just make yourself look ridiculous.

Do you have more money in your account? Yes

What event caused this? Tax cut.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 4 min lmao 46,315
Music Artists A to Z (Feb '14) 44 min SLY WEST 299
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 44 min edogxxx 97,934
Song Titles Only (group/artist in parenthesis m... (Mar '10) 47 min SLY WEST 7,749
Last word + 2 (Mar '12) 58 min SLY WEST 570
Abby 8-29 2 hr pde 11
Double Word Game (Dec '11) 2 hr andet1987 1,452
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 3 hr wojar 177,384
•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••