Barack Obama, our next President

Full story: Hampton Roads Daily Press

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...
Comments
752,521 - 752,540 of 1,079,656 Comments Last updated 3 min ago
Jane Says

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 30, 2012

Judged:

flack wrote:
<quoted text> No it did not. This is where your brainwashing kicks in. What it means is the government is not taking $30K more of your money. It does not belong to the government in the first place so the government cannot give it to you. To imply that the government does in fact own everything is a very dangerous road to travel.
You see the word 'give' is where you go wrong.
Your last sentence perfectly illustrates the mindset of the RealDave types and the wrong direction society is headed.

Victor Davis Hanse describes the liberal mindset perfectly:

'Equality of result -
Keen minds from Aristotle to Montesquieu and Tocqueville have lamented that the proverbial people sometimes prefer equality under authoritarianism to inequality accompanied by personal freedom.

As long as there was grinding poverty, the liberal agenda of “leveling the playing field” made sense enough — Social Security, disability insurance, the 40-hour work week, and Medicare.

But once modern mass production and consumption arose, energized by globalization and the entry of billions of new foreign workers into the equation, and high technology extended the appurtenances of the aristocracy to the poor (today’s ubiquitous smart phone is 100 times more versatile than yesterday’s $3,000 primitive suitcase cell phone), how could you keep promoting government-sponsored equality for the less well-off?

Ensure no one has to drive a Kia? Petition on behalf of those who do not yet have an iPad?

Weighing over 250 pounds, not rickets, is a national plague. Riots target sneaker stores, not food bins. Sandra Fluke naturally become the epitome of frustrated liberal-mandated equality. We are to believe that an upscale white law student, who by choice enrolls at a Catholic university, is deprived because her university will not pay for her condoms or abortion pills. Her cell phone no doubt costs more than a year’s supply of prophylactics. The result is psychodrama, not class struggle, as liberals strain to find ways in which America is Les Misérables rather than the Kardashians, plagued by this obsession to step in and make everyone (except themselves) the same.

Voters -
Romney almost forfeited the election when a video was leaked about his honest, though inexact, admission that 47% of Americans would, by needs, be unsympathetic to any agenda that cut spending and taxes, given their dependence on government “stuff.”

Borrowing money to pay for more entitlements for the liberal mind is good politics, killing two birds with the proverbial one stone. The less well-off are indebted to those who gave them subsidized food, health care, shelter, even cell phones and will vote accordingly to ensure the liberal political class remains in power.

And as deficits grow, the calls for higher taxes on those who “didn’t build that business” and are “fat cats” and never knew when they should stop profiting only increase. Liberalism is about power and influence, impossible without millions of dependent constituents.'

http://pjmedia.com/victordavishanson/why-libe...
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 30, 2012

Judged:

Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
In the US in 2001 you stood a three times greater chance of death by drowning than by act of terror. Don't forget swimming pools.
We are thinking about getting a hot tub, maybe I'll declare a pre-emptive war in it before it drowns me.
krissy

Puyallup, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 30, 2012

Judged:

flack wrote:
<quoted text> I don't vote party. I vote for the person I think is going to screw me the least.
So did your wife get any other votes?
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 30, 2012

Judged:

Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
USA Fender Tele myself.
Hey, last four of my SSN
Sweet, if you can round us up a drummer, I think we've got us a band. Of course we'll have a rightwinger on bass so I dunno if that's gonna fly.
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 30, 2012

Judged:

flack wrote:
<quoted text> You have no way of knowing that so you conjecture is pure bullshit. I could just as easily say it would be much worse. Which would be bullshit as well. Coulda, woulda, shoulda is for children.
Yeah but we all know how 8 years of Bush turned out. You said yourself you voted for Clinton twice, what makes you think Gore wouldn't have continued down the same path as Clinton? Just think Flack debt free by 2013.

“Often imitated”

Since: Jul 07

never duplicated

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 30, 2012

Judged:

Homer wrote:
<quoted text>Bush, unfunded wars, Bush, Republicans, Bush, unfunded tax cuts, Bush, Democrats going along with Bush and the Republicans
Why are all you loony left wingers pretending like 9/11 never happened?
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 30, 2012

Judged:

flack wrote:
<quoted text> You are the one playing the semantics game not me. Was my bank account larger? Yes Why was it larger? Because the government wasn't taking as much of MY MONEY.
So bottom line you don't want to pay any taxes but you want a 6 trillion dollar war on terror. Yep, you are a Republican.
carol

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 30, 2012

Judged:

Homer wrote:
<quoted text>We are thinking about getting a hot tub, maybe I'll declare a pre-emptive war in it before it drowns me.
Is this funny or what, Homer?

http://entertainment.msn.com/videopreview/...

Since: May 11

Fayetteville, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 30, 2012

Judged:

flack wrote:
<quoted text> You have no way of knowing that so you conjecture is pure bullshit. I could just as easily say it would be much worse. Which would be bullshit as well. Coulda, woulda, shoulda is for children.
Really. You mean that we will never know what if? Wow, you are brilliant.

Gore would not have had the tax cuts.

Gore would have paid more attention to Hart Rudman. Who knows, could have stopped 9-11 as Hart Rudman pointed out our airport security weakness.

Gore never would have lied to go to war in Iraq.

That saved 4000 soldiers & trillions of dollars.

You Bush voters just can't handle the guilt that sits u[on your shoulders.

“Often imitated”

never duplicated

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 30, 2012

Judged:

RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
You do realize that he just agreed with the Obama plan. A combination of spending cuts & revenue increases.
What spending cuts? List them.
carol

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 30, 2012

Judged:

Homer wrote:
<quoted text>Sorry, you're not going to justify 6 trillion(and still counting) in spending.
It was 6 trillion (and still counting) LESS in 2008.

Fayetteville, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 30, 2012

Judged:

krissy wrote:
<quoted text>
So did your wife get any other votes?
That was about the funniest thing I read here in a lot time.

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 30, 2012

Judged:

Jane Says wrote:
<quoted text>Your last sentence perfectly illustrates the mindset of the RealDave types and the wrong direction society is headed.
Victor Davis Hanse describes the liberal mindset perfectly:
'Equality of result -
Keen minds from Aristotle to Montesquieu and Tocqueville have lamented that the proverbial people sometimes prefer equality under authoritarianism to inequality accompanied by personal freedom.
As long as there was grinding poverty, the liberal agenda of “leveling the playing field” made sense enough — Social Security, disability insurance, the 40-hour work week, and Medicare.
But once modern mass production and consumption arose, energized by globalization and the entry of billions of new foreign workers into the equation, and high technology extended the appurtenances of the aristocracy to the poor (today’s ubiquitous smart phone is 100 times more versatile than yesterday’s $3,000 primitive suitcase cell phone), how could you keep promoting government-sponsored equality for the less well-off?
Ensure no one has to drive a Kia? Petition on behalf of those who do not yet have an iPad?
Weighing over 250 pounds, not rickets, is a national plague. Riots target sneaker stores, not food bins. Sandra Fluke naturally become the epitome of frustrated liberal-mandated equality. We are to believe that an upscale white law student, who by choice enrolls at a Catholic university, is deprived because her university will not pay for her condoms or abortion pills. Her cell phone no doubt costs more than a year’s supply of prophylactics. The result is psychodrama, not class struggle, as liberals strain to find ways in which America is Les Misérables rather than the Kardashians, plagued by this obsession to step in and make everyone (except themselves) the same.
Voters -
Romney almost forfeited the election when a video was leaked about his honest, though inexact, admission that 47% of Americans would, by needs, be unsympathetic to any agenda that cut spending and taxes, given their dependence on government “stuff.”
Borrowing money to pay for more entitlements for the liberal mind is good politics, killing two birds with the proverbial one stone. The less well-off are indebted to those who gave them subsidized food, health care, shelter, even cell phones and will vote accordingly to ensure the liberal political class remains in power.
And as deficits grow, the calls for higher taxes on those who “didn’t build that business” and are “fat cats” and never knew when they should stop profiting only increase. Liberalism is about power and influence, impossible without millions of dependent constituents.'
http://pjmedia.com/victordavishanson/why-libe...
and the band plays on...

Fayetteville, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 30, 2012

Judged:

flack wrote:
<quoted text> You are the one playing the semantics game not me. Was my bank account larger? Yes Why was it larger? Because the government wasn't taking as much of MY MONEY.
So the government did it. Just like I aid.

Government actions gave you extra money.

“fairtax.org”

gauley bridge wv

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 30, 2012

Judged:

Homer wrote:
<quoted text>Yeah but we all know how 8 years of Bush turned out. You said yourself you voted for Clinton twice, what makes you think Gore wouldn't have continued down the same path as Clinton? Just think Flack debt free by 2013.
Gore is an idiot. Clinton is not. That's enough for me.

“Often imitated”

never duplicated

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 30, 2012

Judged:

RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
So, if you have $280K after taxes instead of $250K after taxes, did or dot not the change in tax code give you an extra $30K
You right whiners are dumber than sh*t.
The tax code did not give you an extra 30k stupid. That 30k was yours first. The government was taking it from you.
carol

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 30, 2012

Judged:

Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>lol! Why do you people insist others do things your way?
It's like the teleprompter comedy you people provided the first time. Things you don't know how to use you criticize and ridicule because you don't understand how it works.
Obama made the teleprompter a comedy - not us.

But if it's easier for you blame us...

Obama said he would sit down with Romney over the next coming weeks after the election - not us.

But if it's easier for you to blame us...

Fayetteville, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 30, 2012

Judged:

flack wrote:
<quoted text> I don't vote party. I vote for the person I think is going to screw me the least.
That s the difference between you & me.

I vote for the candidate that I believe will help my country the most.

You keep thinking of yourself.

“fairtax.org”

gauley bridge wv

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 30, 2012

Judged:

Eman wrote:
<quoted text>
Why are all you loony left wingers pretending like 9/11 never happened?
I know right! the single largest attack on America since Pearl Harbor and they just want to sweep it under the rug for political purposes. It's disgusting.
krissy

Puyallup, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 30, 2012

RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
That was about the funniest thing I read here in a lot time.
lol lol

:)

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

67 Users are viewing the Chicago Forum right now

Search the Chicago Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 8 min obama 48,890
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 47 min Milsack 174,600
One kilometre high and counting (Jul '07) 1 hr TW_sugar_daddio 10
Amy 7-24 1 hr loose cannon 19
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 1 hr andet1987 4,554
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 1 hr JOEL 68,371
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 1 hr voice of peace 67,924
Abby 7-24 2 hr Pippa 42
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 4 hr Mister Tonka 97,524
•••
•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Chicago People Search