Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1276837 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

Impeach Obama

Virginia Beach, VA

#814645 Dec 1, 2012
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>Homer could use a 100K sound room so I could crank up my Fender Strat(Made in the USA), without disturbing my neighbors. Maybe get back to writing songs, quit my day job, get back to being in a rock and roll band. Nah, f it.
Where is your Marshall stack made?
Impeach Obama

Virginia Beach, VA

#814646 Dec 1, 2012
Proud American wrote:
God bless our president!
Allah, bless our Mullah Obama.
PDUPONT

Chicopee, MA

#814647 Dec 1, 2012
the_rac_on_teur wrote:
buy a vote goes bust...
all that dope smoking and binge drinking...
"Sorry, college students. President Obama has cut your access to Pell Grants by 33%; he just forgot to mention it before Election Day"
http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2012/11/oops-...
Oh the horror! Eligibility for Pell Grants was reduced from 18 semesters to 12! For the vast majority of students who manage to get their bachelors degree in eight semesters this isn't going to be a problem and still leaves four semesters to get a master's . Unless of course you're like Sarah Palin who needed 12 just to get a BA.
Impeach Obama

Virginia Beach, VA

#814648 Dec 1, 2012
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text> Since she said the statements were based on information at that time, they are not lies.
They continued to spread the lie long after they had the correct information, ignorant f'k.
Impeach Obama

Virginia Beach, VA

#814649 Dec 1, 2012
new yawk wrote:
Just sitting back reading my pocket sized constitution.
It's like the bible with guns.
Can you read me the part where it says abortion is a right? I can't seem to find it.
Impeach Obama

Virginia Beach, VA

#814650 Dec 1, 2012
The folks on Staten Island sure are upset with Obama's FEMA. They still haven't done anything. No power, no heat, no water. Why won't CNN and MSNBC report about their incompetence?
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#814652 Dec 1, 2012
PDUPONT wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh the horror! Eligibility for Pell Grants was reduced from 18 semesters to 12! For the vast majority of students who manage to get their bachelors degree in eight semesters this isn't going to be a problem and still leaves four semesters to get a master's . Unless of course you're like Sarah Palin who needed 12 just to get a BA.
He never got out of highschool, would have no idea what that even means
GhostofRaygun

Russellville, KY

#814653 Dec 1, 2012
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
I've been here before many times and if I've learned anything it is this: talking to Liberals is like talking before a DayCare room full of children. The questions are irrelevant, childish and smarmy rhetoric without substance. The replies are the same.
The basic human right of a person to keep the fruits of their labors has been whittled down continuously for the past 100 years or so and it is now worse than ever. If my skin is white, college entrance becomes an insurmountable issue because I can quickly and easily be kicked out of the running for not being a preferred race.
When these sorts of rights issues are presented to Liberal airheads like yours, the reply is always a jump to Bush-Bashing Styled talk about how I deserve to be punished for something done by others 6 generations ago before me or my ancestors ever set foot in this land. Or that I am selfish for not wanting the government to steal from me to give free cellphones and internet service to urban takers.
You are old-hat, pal. You write and sound like a Blow Dryer set on High. You are as content as little Gerbils in a cgae. Go play on your wheel and wood chips. Screw your brains out and eat schlopp. The Boy Messiah loves you.
I see part of the problem you have. You believe things that are Repub Talking points and have NO truth behind them. Example: Government Phones. There IS NO SUCH THING. NO TAX money has EVER gone into the program for the free phones. NEVER!!!!!!!!!! I'm sure this is just one of many points of view that are mistaking on your part.
GhostofRaygun

Russellville, KY

#814655 Dec 1, 2012
Impeach Obama wrote:
The folks on Staten Island sure are upset with Obama's FEMA. They still haven't done anything. No power, no heat, no water. Why won't CNN and MSNBC report about their incompetence?
FEMA doesn't set power poles or repair gas lines dumbdumb.
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#814657 Dec 1, 2012
Impeach Obama wrote:
Why are rightwingers so damn dumb?
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#814658 Dec 1, 2012
The Republicans are, reportedly, outraged by President Obamaís opening bid in the fiscal cliff talks. Republicans always seem to be outraged. Itís getting boring. They need to step up and make a counter-offer.

http://swampland.time.com/2012/11/30/how-to-n...
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#814659 Dec 1, 2012
sonicfilter wrote:
The Republicans are, reportedly, outraged by President Obamaís opening bid in the fiscal cliff talks. Republicans always seem to be outraged. Itís getting boring. They need to step up and make a counter-offer.
http://swampland.time.com/2012/11/30/how-to-n...
I don't understand how they keep Boehner, who can't seem to get anything done at all.

Since: May 11

Loysville, PA

#814660 Dec 1, 2012
Impeach Obama wrote:
<quoted text>They continued to spread the lie long after they had the correct information, ignorant f'k.
I see, you want classified information made public.

Go ahead. You & your buddies McCain, Graham & whoever that woman was might as well keep making asses of themselves.

I especially love the clips of John McCain & Lindsey Graham ranting how Sadam had nuclear programs. Then watch them praise Condoleeza Rice after she had gone on the Sunday talk show saying the same things.

All proven to be wrong.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#814661 Dec 1, 2012
lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't understand how they keep Boehner, who can't seem to get anything done at all.
he's been getting ripped on some of the right wing sites.

reality is starting to creep in.

Loysville, PA

#814662 Dec 1, 2012
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Just proves that Susan Rice is stupid if she believed that crap.
Liar or stupid, take your choice.
She said what the intelligence community indicated.

Loysville, PA

#814663 Dec 1, 2012
EasyEed wrote:
<quoted text>
"real dumb"
Only an idiot such as yourself can justify letting a mass murderer like Sadamn continue to kill thousands and thousands of innocent Kurds.
"real dumb" the supporter of despots.
Peace
KMA
That was ten years earlier, moron We had Sadam bottled up in a no fly zone.

Hardly a justification for invasion.

Maybe someone should invade the US because we slaughtered the American Indian?
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#814664 Dec 1, 2012
The Conservative Spring

Now, as the GOP regroups from its electoral debacle, public criticisms of conservative dogmas have expanded beyond a small circle of dissidents. Prominent conservatives are saying heretical things that would have gotten them tarred, feathered, and banished a few months ago. The long night of strict doctrinal conformity - a period when dissidents were condemned for the slightest deviations in the equivalent of media show trials, purged, and then airbrushed out of old CPAC convention pictures- shows signs of ending. The high priests of the conservative infotainment industry are both discredited and politically vulnerable. Their agenda has been exposed as a bankrupt fraud - a Potemkin village, a path to nowhere.

....The window of opportunity for reform could shut quickly. The Conservative Spring might be followed, swiftly, by dour Brezhnevian repression, and another round of purity purges. Authoritarian elites, after all, have a nasty habit of regrouping and reasserting control. And it is unclear whether reform ideas can be effectively communicated to a base that believes in movement conservative inerrancy, is cut off from other information sources, disdains intellectuals, is dangerously misinformed, and is accustomed to the confrontational, schoolyard bully-style of talk radio.

http://www.cagle.com/2012/11/the-conservative...
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#814665 Dec 1, 2012
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
he's been getting ripped on some of the right wing sites.
reality is starting to creep in.
I liked this comment from the WSJ:

was too hopeful that the Republican Party would realize it was time to compromise. But they continue to be obstructionists.

If we canít compromise to get wealthy Americans to pay their fair share, letís all drive off the cliff together. When we go off the cliff, wealthy Americans will start paying their fair share. Average Americans will have to pay a little more than their fair share; i hope we can handle that for a while. We will get defense cuts, something the Republicans would never agree to. And social security and the Affordable Health Care act will be fine, unrelated issues the Republicans keep bring up. Fear will tumble Wall Street but it will bounce back very soon.

Driving off the cliff might be the best deal we get. Donít be afraid, donít blink.

http://blogs.wsj.com/washwire/2012/11/29/clif...
carol

Orlando, FL

#814666 Dec 1, 2012
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>Because the primary objective was the wmd's.
I notice when that argument became null and void, cons turn to the "humanitarian" angle. Last I checked, over 100,000 civilians were killed under the bushie objectives.
But regardless of that 1998 claim, bushie did nothing. Just like he did nothing after the USS Cole.
Coincidence? I.. think... not!!!
The "humanitarian angle" was always part of the equation. During the Clinton administration and the Iraq Liberation Act of 1998, the Act included a future need for War Crimes Tribunals in Iraq: "The Congress urges the President to call upon the United Nations to establish an international criminal tribunal for the purpose of indicting, prosecuting, and imprisoning Saddam Hussein and other Iraqi officials who are responsible for crimes against humanity, genocide, and other criminal violations of international law."

However, WMDs was always the primary focus - in 1998, during the UN resolutions and post 9/11. The entire world knew he had them and had used them.

He had plenty of time to get rid of them before and after the UN inspections and during the 14 resolutions by the UN, but he would have gotten them back.

The 260 mass graves were discovered after we went into Iraq, by the way.
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#814667 Dec 1, 2012
Foldable Kayak! What a super idea!

http://live.wsj.com/video/hugh-hefner-son-coo... #!B4633BFA-7632-4053-8E1E-535B EAB9EA4C

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 5 min Joe Balls 196,935
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 21 min Sublime1 100,643
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 1 hr ritedownthemiddle 54,542
Word (Dec '08) 1 hr boundary painter 5,426
Ask Amy 9-1-15 1 hr Mrs Gladys Kravitz 11
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 2 hr boundary painter 6,428
Dear Abby 9-1-15 3 hr boundary painter 7
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages