Barack Obama, our next President

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ... Full Story
MOST VOTERS CLUELESS

Nashville, NC

#814244 Nov 30, 2012
www.dailyjot.com

The occupant of the Oval Office held a big media event Tuesday asking Americans to take his case against raising taxes on the middle class to Congress. He said "If Congress does nothing, every family in America will see their taxes automatically go up at the beginning of next year. A typical middle-class family of four would see its income taxes go up by $2,200. That's $2,200 out of people's pockets. That means less money for buying groceries, less money for filling prescriptions, less money for buying diapers. It means a tougher choice between paying the rent and paying tuition. And middle-class families just can't afford that right now." Really? You have got to know there is a catch here.

The cost of the White House socialized medicine program will also raise your taxes--probably twice that amount. The president is correct with certain qualifiers. If Congress does nothing, which it is accustomed to doing, everyone in the US is going to see a huge tax increase that will devastate a lot of people during a time when there are hardly any jobs and it is most difficult to keep food on the table, a roof over our head, and gas in the tank. Quite frankly, this is the fault of the White House and the Congress. Now they want to point fingers at each other and ask the American people to bully one or the other into doing what is right in their own eyes.

Fact is, this president and this Senate and House of Representatives (I can say that because the vast majority of them were reelected) are the ones who have dragged us up to the edge of the fiscal cliff. The problem is that government has spent all of your money to the point that you, and every citizen you know, has a $40,0000-plus share of the federal debt--that's not counting what these shysters at the state and local levels have done. There is one way to put an end to this: Cut Government Spending. Cut it to the bare bones. Cut the social welfare programs. Cut out the various government agencies. Cut out buying $5 wrenches for $200. Scale the Leviathan into a minnow. That is what the White House and Congress should hear from us.

Exodus 18:21 says, "Moreover thou shalt provide out of all the people able men, such as fear YHVH, men of truth, hating covetousness." The 8th Commandment is "Thou shalt not steal." The 10th Commandment is "Thou shalt not covet thy neighbor's house, thou shalt not covet thy neighbor's wife, nor his manservant, nor his maidservant, nor his ox, nor his ass, nor any thing that is thy neighbor's." Think about it. This government can take your house (because its mortgage is likely guaranteed by the government); you can't afford a servant because of taxes; you probably ate your ox because food is so expensive; and you can't afford your ass. This government is not only unconstitutional, it is unBiblical. That's why we should all write to the White House and tell it: Thou Shalt Not Covet.

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

#814245 Nov 30, 2012
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't are who got them.
They were unfunded & done at a time when we were at war & expanding government.
I'd favor allowing them all to expire eventually when the economy can handle it.
personally I'd just as soon go to the FairTax. If not that then this.$0.20 sales tax, period. Nothing else. None.$0.12 to local government.$0.05 to state government.$0.03 to the federal government. Cut out all deduction. ALL! Get rid of the IRS. All money collected can be sent to the Treasury by the same people who collect it now.

Since: May 11

Loysville, PA

#814246 Nov 30, 2012
flack wrote:
<quoted text> No it did not. This is where your brainwashing kicks in. What it means is the government is not taking $30K more of your money. It does not belong to the government in the first place so the government cannot give it to you. To imply that the government does in fact own everything is a very dangerous road to travel.
You see the word 'give' is where you go wrong.
Was or was not your bank account larger? Answer Yes

Why was it larger - tax cuts

Play your semantics games all you want.
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#814247 Nov 30, 2012
flack wrote:
<quoted text> Yes moran but those four are not acts of war. They are for the most part accidents and not intentional acts of destruction like attacking a US warship with an explosive laden boat.
Sorry, you're not going to justify 6 trillion(and still counting) in spending.

“See how you are?”

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#814248 Nov 30, 2012
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>Call me what you want you nutcase birther, I just believe he was born in Hawaii and is a U.S. citizen, ya birther freak.
The rest is just twisted logic, you act like Obama created welfare.
Bush put us in this bind with his rediculous spending, unfunded tax cuts, unfunded wars and as Homer has noted on several occasions the spending does not reset to zero when a new guy takes office.
Bush wasn't the only culprit in getting us in this mess. As long as politicians on both sides are indebted up to their armpits to special interests, you can count on mismanagement and corruption being SOP.
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#814249 Nov 30, 2012
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
Happily, places like The American Conservative and Front Porch Republic are acting a hatcheries and incubators for a sane conservatism. Thatís a healthy thing. What will be far healthier still will be a Christian and Catholic laity in this country that is decoupled altogether from commitments to the Loony Right or the Looney Left, a Church that weighs reality in light of the Faith, not the Faith in light of ideological commitments to Left or Right.
http://www.patheos.com/blogs/markshea/2012/11...
sorry FOXbots. your time is over.
Part of the problem is the looney right implement God as a tool of their politics.

As with any tool, they use and discard him as their "needs" arise.

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#814250 Nov 30, 2012
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>Carol, always late for the party. We are discussing Bush and his failed presidency, Flack noted that compassionate conservative(Bush referred to himself as one)= progressive but freely admitted he voted for him twice. To which Tenzing duly noted that Flack has a history of voting for progressives.
Flack then went on to say that 9/11 and muslim terrorist attacks all over the world cost us 6 trillion dollars.
To which Tenzing Rebutted - "Where "all over the world" were they killing Americans?
Your other implication, that 9/11 cost $6 trillion is just absurd."
I believe that should bring you up to speed.
I and others were also discussing music, guitars, basses, sound rooms and the like.
USA Fender Tele myself.

Hey, last four of my SSN
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#814251 Nov 30, 2012
Chicagoan by Birth wrote:
<quoted text>Who cares, He may have been born in 1961, but the place of birth is wrong, Impeachment is looming, Watch out...
lol! Your idiocy has always been so entertaining son!

Location hidden

#814252 Nov 30, 2012
flack wrote:
<quoted text> I don't vote party. I vote for the person I think is going to screw me the least.
Really, so you thought Mitt would screw you less than Gary Johnson?
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#814253 Nov 30, 2012
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
Why would Obama make a point of telling the American public he would be sitting down with Romney in the weeks ahead right after he won the election?
And then met with him the first time just three weeks after the election?
There's no other reason a newly elected president would be so open-armed to a former opponent or his press secretaray underscoring Obama's interest in what Romney had to say.
lol! Why do you people insist others do things your way?

It's like the teleprompter comedy you people provided the first time. Things you don't know how to use you criticize and ridicule because you don't understand how it works.
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#814254 Nov 30, 2012
Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
So you have a history of voting for progressive candidates ... duly noted.
lol! You're like those 1930's German people who wore brown shirts aren't you son?

Location hidden

#814255 Nov 30, 2012
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>
1. More fatalities occur "each day" from auto accidents then occur from terrorism for the "whole year".
(1.2 million deaths per year Worldwide)
2. More fatalities occur worldwide each year from animal attacks then occur from terrorism.
( Stats for US Only 1882)
3. More fatalities occur each year from falling down stairs (falling down) then occur from terrorism.
( Just for the Netherlands 1700 deaths in 1999)
4. More fatalities occur "each day" from medical malpractice then occur from terrorism for the "whole year".
( US stats Only - 120,000 deaths worldwide 1.4 million)
Maybe we should declare war on autos, animals, stairs and doctors.
In the US in 2001 you stood a three times greater chance of death by drowning than by act of terror. Don't forget swimming pools.
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#814256 Nov 30, 2012
flack wrote:
<quoted text> I don't vote party. I vote for the person I think is going to screw me the least.
I notice conservatives vote based on party.

It's like a brainwashing...

Location hidden

#814257 Nov 30, 2012
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>Yeah, but just think debt free by 2013. So you're now okay with all the Bush spending. You're a train wreck Flack.
"Reckless spending" is only reckless spending when Dems do it, when Republicans do it its called "fiscal conservatism" hence all the confusion over just what "conservatism" means today.

“fairtax.org”

gauley bridge wv

#814259 Nov 30, 2012
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Was or was not your bank account larger? Answer Yes
Why was it larger - tax cuts
Play your semantics games all you want.
You are the one playing the semantics game not me. Was my bank account larger? Yes Why was it larger? Because the government wasn't taking as much of MY MONEY.
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#814260 Nov 30, 2012
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>Call me what you want you nutcase birther, I just believe he was born in Hawaii and is a U.S. citizen, ya birther freak.
The rest is just twisted logic, you act like Obama created welfare.
Bush put us in this bind with his rediculous spending, unfunded tax cuts, unfunded wars and as Homer has noted on several occasions the spending does not reset to zero when a new guy takes office.
lol! It's his 50 year conspiracy he can't prove, let alone explain.

Since: May 11

Loysville, PA

#814261 Nov 30, 2012
flack wrote:
<quoted text> I shudder to think where this country would be if that nutcase was president. Most likely already where we are headed now. Down the drain.
No Iraq war.

No debt enhancing tax cuts

Maybe no 9-11 (Gore wouldn't have throw the Hart Rudman report in the trash)

No recession.

I think I just whacked about 10 trillion off the debt.

Elections do matter &the Bush election was a turning point.

Each & every one of you Bush voters helped cause the mess we are in.

“fairtax.org”

gauley bridge wv

#814262 Nov 30, 2012
Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
Really, so you thought Mitt would screw you less than Gary Johnson?
No less than Obama. If Johnson had even a sliver of a chance he would have had my vote. 2016 may be his year if the idiots that were elected this time get the status quo (a great band). A third party might just have a chance for once.

“fairtax.org”

gauley bridge wv

#814263 Nov 30, 2012
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
No Iraq war.
No debt enhancing tax cuts
Maybe no 9-11 (Gore wouldn't have throw the Hart Rudman report in the trash)
No recession.
I think I just whacked about 10 trillion off the debt.
Elections do matter &the Bush election was a turning point.
Each & every one of you Bush voters helped cause the mess we are in.
You have no way of knowing that so you conjecture is pure bullshit. I could just as easily say it would be much worse. Which would be bullshit as well. Coulda, woulda, shoulda is for children.
Mitt Wrongney

El Monte, CA

#814264 Nov 30, 2012
TheIndependentMajority wrote:
<quoted text>
Same damn thing.
Might want to pluck your own eyes out there-loser.
I HAVE a life--that I am quite content with.
Must suck to be YOU. Glad I am NOT, anyting like-ones like yew-GHETTO RAT.
the only loser here will be you who lives off the poor, i may say i have a better life than yours by being in the medical field and wiping asses like yours when needed, glad i am not a wrong wing nut out of his mind.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 2 min RACE 4,855
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 11 min OzRitz 48,355
Obama Plays Boss of America...............excel... 16 min John Kass 1
Last word + 2 (Mar '12) 37 min Hatti_Hollerand 691
last post wins! (Apr '13) 43 min Hatti_Hollerand 384
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 1 hr The_Box 180,584
comparison 1 hr WW2FromNOW 3
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 2 hr author author 98,673
Chicago Dating
Find my Match

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 10:19 pm PST

Bleacher Report10:19PM
What Are Experts Saying About Indianapolis?
NBC Sports 1:18 AM
Colts desperate to crank up rushing game - NBC Sports
Bleacher Report 6:00 AM
Predictions for Bears' Week 12 Matchup
NBC Sports 7:46 AM
Jay Cutler wants to keep on rolling (out)
NBC Sports11:16 AM
Colts rule out Dwayne Allen and Gosder Cherilus