Barack Obama, our next President

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ... Full Story

“I be me, and you are...”

Since: Dec 06

in a city...

#814098 Nov 30, 2012
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>I would suggest that now is the time to say we've had enough.
http://www.usnews.com/news/articles/2012/04/0...
These devices are being deployed to ensure we don't. Our government wants to make us feel completely powerless to resist the changes "it" has decided to implement against us. Stress levels will go through the roof when people start noticing the drones hovering over their homes. That's a fact. Initially, there will be people trying to shoot them down. That won't go on for long.
Thanks for the heads up...
So what seems more offensive to your Spirit, Law Enforcement, Economics a Govern, or Religion and their Organized Institutions...?

“I be me, and you are...”

Since: Dec 06

in a city...

#814099 Nov 30, 2012
THE DEBIL wrote:
JESUS STAND PROUD AS THE CENTURION GATHER HIS WHIP. THEN THE ROMAN FLICK THE THING OUT THERE WITH PRACTICED EFFICIENCY AN' HE CARVE OUT ONE OF JESUS' EYES. HE POP IT OUT LIKE A BON BON AN' THE DOGS SCUFFLE FO' IT IN THE DIRT. JESUS MAINTAIN HIS DIGNITY EVEN WITH JUS' THE ONE EYE AN' STAND FAST AGAINST THE HORRIBLE ONSLAUGHT... TO NO END WHATSOEVER... GIVEN THE TUSSLE BETWEEN JESUS AND THE WHIP, JESUS WILL LOSE... BADLY. IT IS FORETOLD.
]
I you keep it up one of those drones is going to become your shadow...

So you like to stick out your own self though hu?
What's with the font???

I am tired too...
PDUPONT

Chicopee, MA

#814100 Nov 30, 2012
Aphelion wrote:
<quoted text>
Just like the liberals to cite the church when it suits them, however for all issue that the church disagrees with them on they cite as a reason to disband religion.
Hypocrisy ... your name is liberal
For one thing, Jesus was the ultimate liberal. He reached out to the poor and castigated the rich.
I've had my issues with the Catholic bishops on issues like marriage equality and contraception where they were trying to impose their own values on the population as a whole but in this case they're right. Even a non believer should be able to see that further enriching the already wealthy on the backs of the middle class and poor is immoral.
By the way I do attend church services on a regular basis and have never suggesting disbanding religion.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#814102 Nov 30, 2012
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
You just copied from a leftwing site.
Happily, places like The American Conservative and Front Porch Republic are acting a hatcheries and incubators for a sane conservatism. That’s a healthy thing. What will be far healthier still will be a Christian and Catholic laity in this country that is decoupled altogether from commitments to the Loony Right or the Looney Left, a Church that weighs reality in light of the Faith, not the Faith in light of ideological commitments to Left or Right.

http://www.patheos.com/blogs/markshea/2012/11...

sorry FOXbots. your time is over.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#814103 Nov 30, 2012
The Conservative Future
By DAVID BROOKS

If you listened to the Republican candidates this year, you heard a conventional set of arguments. But if you go online, you can find a vibrant and increasingly influential center-right conversation. Most of the young writers and bloggers in this conversation intermingle, but they can be grouped, for clarity’s sake, around a few hot spots:

Paleoconservatives. The American Conservative has become one of the more dynamic spots on the political Web. Writers like Rod Dreher and Daniel Larison tend to be suspicious of bigness: big corporations, big government, a big military, concentrated power and concentrated wealth. Writers at that Web site, and at the temperamentally aligned Front Porch Republic, treasure tight communities and local bonds. They’re alert to the ways capitalism can erode community. Dispositionally, they are more Walker Percy than Pat Robertson.

Larison focuses on what he calls the imperial tendencies of both the Bush and Obama foreign policies. He crusades against what he sees as the unchecked killing power of drone strikes and champions a more modest and noninterventionist foreign policy.

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/11/20/opinion/bro...

so let me ask....how did those who repeated FOX rhetoric fare in the election?

can you answer that Mr. Romney?

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

#814104 Nov 30, 2012
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text> Time Magazine was talking abut how these plans aren't reliable because of stock market volatility in comparison the pension plans.
Yes I know. That's the whole point. Congress will have to take over (confiscate) them to protect them from the evil Stock Market. Bill Clinton were going to try this before the blue dress got in the way.
Mitt Wrongney

United States

#814105 Nov 30, 2012
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
OK. You're asking for lessons on how to think. I charge by the hour.
You can't afford it because I don't accept Food Stamps as payment.
And we are not intrested in your lessons. How many credit cards have you stolen?
TheIndependentMa jority

London, KY

#814106 Nov 30, 2012
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>Where the fk did you come up with that equation? 1954 when new homes cost $15,000 and the married white buyers actually went into the savings and loans for interviews?
If Donald Trump had to come up with 20% down__or any developer, nothing would get built or sold.
And just for the citations of FACT (going beyond just PERSONAL knowledge of here)

Mortgages came to the Americas

As pioneers moved from Europe to settle in America, they brought their systems with them. As land ownership increased, so did the need for mortgages; so much so that by the early 1900s, they were already widespread and readily attainable.

However, not everybody could get a mortgage. In those days, those seeking to buy property were often required to pay a 50% down payment on a 5-year mortgage. So, to buy a $10,000 house (wouldn’t that be nice today), the borrower had to have a $5,000 down payment and pay interest for 5 years. At the end of that 5 years, the unpaid (and unchanged) balance of $5,000 would have to be either paid or refinanced.

This system continued through to the Great Depression, when lenders had no money to lend, and borrowers had no money to pay. The whole system collapsed with thousands of foreclosures. Mortgages were just not available.
Franklin D. Roosevelt’s New Deal was a good deal for consumers

Roosevelt’s election as President of the United States brought with it a turn towards a more consumer-friendly nation. He wanted to stimulate the economy by making it easier for people to buy. His government introduced laws and institutions designed to make this happen. Under these new laws, the securities and banking industries were kept under tight supervision, which in turn revolutionized the way mortgage loans were structured and made available to average Americans.

In 1934, the Federal Housing Administration (FHA) was created to insure mortgage lenders against losses from default. Now that the risk had been taken away from them, lenders were more willing to give people mortgages. The FHA also developed the 30-year fixed-rate loan program, providing homeowners lower payments and more stability.

So the system was working.

HOWEVER, lenders didn’t always have enough money to lend. And loan terms and interest rates were set according to the local economy, which varied around the country. More money, and a more consistent plan was needed.....

Mortgage lenders are challenged for more

In the 1950s and 60s, most mortgages were 20-30 years. However, in the 1970s, interest rates rose rapidly, and the system had to adjust. Mortgages were reduced to 1, 3 or 5 year-terms, although even the 5-year mortgages were rare in the early 1980s when interest rates climbed to more than 21%. By 1998, the 5-year mortgage rate had fallen to an average of 6.99% and the 1-year rate to 6.5%. Banks, forbidden to lend mortgage money before 1954, had written about 63.6% of the more than $381 billion worth of mortgages that were outstanding in the third quarter of 1998.

Marples, G. The History of Home Mortgages – A “Dead Pledge”. Historyof.net 9/11/2008

See, not every deadhead era doll is an airhead dolt. Apology accepted.
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#814107 Nov 30, 2012
Dear Rightwingers,

I've missed you these last 4 years.

Sincerely,

The Economy

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

#814108 Nov 30, 2012
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
guessing.
chill birther boy.
He's right. It's coming!
TheIndependentMa jority

London, KY

#814109 Nov 30, 2012
THE DEBIL wrote:
DEBIL WILL DESTROY THIS THREAD, THAT MUCH IS CERTAIN. HIS ABILITY TO DESTROY STOOPID AMERICA IS AS YET UNRESOLVED, BUT HE TRY. ONE THING FO' SURE: CAROL'S ASS IS GONNA HURT LIKE FIRE. THERE IS NO GOD; THERE IS NO HEAVEN; FROM DIRT YOU WERE MADE AND TO DIRT YOU WILL RETURN. TRUST ME.
Dear Duhmazz Derbil,

You cannot destroy this thread, it's already full of ignorance, just look at some of the chit you post, for example. Stop picking on Carol just because she posts nicely to others in the sandbox of ignorance. You do NOT know what lays beyond these earthly realms, lots and lots of scientists have speculated that topic over time, only to find themselves arriving at the same point as the ones before them, ELUDED, beyond being able to know ANYTHING but the physical for certain, but often in ponderance of realms UNseen thus, thus having to rely on a little thing called faith, due to the same UNKNOWN quotient factor. Have you ever given an inkling to perhaps studying something a little more worthwhile, like QUANTUMN PHYSICS, rather than dwelling on the cesspool levels type garbage you post on here?
Like this--
Astronomers have discovered what may be the most massive black hole ever known in a small galaxy about 250 million light-years from Earth, scientists say.

The supermassive black hole has a mass equivalent to 17 billion suns and is located inside the galaxy NGC 1277 in the constellation Perseus. It makes up about 14 percent of its host galaxy's mass, compared with the 0.1 percent a normal black hole would represent, scientists said.

"This is a really oddball galaxy," said study team member Karl Gebhardt of the University of Texas at Austin in a statement. "It's almost all black hole. This could be the first object in a new class of galaxy-black hole systems."

Howell, E. Astronomers find biggest black hole ever. Space.com . 11/29/2012
----------

Or is it too much for your little degenerate, perverted derbil braincell to handle?

That's the problem with IGNORANCE in derbils like you...you're miserable, so you just have to try and drag everyone else into your tainted sphere of self imposed misery.
That's NOT nice. You need an attitude adjustment, or a shrink, or both.
Now play nicely.
TheEconomy

London, KY

#814110 Nov 30, 2012
Homer wrote:
Dear Rightwingers,
Sincerely,
The Economy
Dear Homer,

We miss being there too. It's kinda hard to poop revenue out though, being as being full of crap is NOT how it is actually produced,

Sincerely,

The TEA TYPE, fiscally responsible, morally ethical INDEPEDENT voters.
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#814111 Nov 30, 2012
flack wrote:
<quoted text> He's right. It's coming!
Flack, you're gonna give yourself ulcers if you believe all the rightwing talking heads and Fox News.
TheEconomy

London, KY

#814112 Nov 30, 2012
Mitt Wrongney wrote:
<quoted text> And we are not intrested in your lessons. How many credit cards have you stolen?
How many credit cards off of OTHER peoples backs have you CONNED in one wa or another.

DON'T LIE-there's nothing WORSE than a leeching, robbinghoodietic, pocket-picking low life CONIVING GHETTO RAT.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#814113 Nov 30, 2012
flack wrote:
<quoted text> He's right. It's coming!
the 'everybody knows' citation had no effect on the election whatsoever, so why continue with a strategy perpetuated by losers?
Mitt Wrongney

El Monte, CA

#814114 Nov 30, 2012
Homer wrote:
Dear Rightwingers,
Sincerely,
The Economy
Really? How 'bout the recession? Have you missed it? It went down the drain along with all wrong wingers this past 6 of november, happy trails IDIOT!
TheIndependentMa jority

London, KY

#814115 Nov 30, 2012
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>Flack, you're gonna give yourself ulcers if you believe all the rightwing talking heads and Fox News.
Hey Homer,

I spent a dolluh on some perty CHRISTmas stickers fer the CHRISTmas card envelopes I send out. Hopefully, the ones I send them to, will enjoy them.

You ever see what goes into making a stamp?

GOD Bless the USA, our Families, the troops, the Constitution and TERM LIMITS on the office of POTUS (especially this time--mostly because the poor old feller sure has a lot of IGNORANT, ugly hateful libuhrulTIC types haning off his velveteenage poster edges, spewing forth their own hate each day!!)
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#814116 Nov 30, 2012
Dear Rightwingers,

Time to replace that 10 year old car and those other urable goods that are on their last legs.

They are simply not going to last another 4 years.

This will help put Americans back to work, increase tax revenue and at the end of the day provide you with peace of mind in not having to worry about your son or daughter being stranded on the side of the road in a broken down jalopy.

Sincerely,

The Economy

P.S. And remember to buy those goods at your local stores and not at Walmart which is just helping to perpetuate the annihilation of the middle class.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#814117 Nov 30, 2012
Fox News Lost the Election Too, But Let's Not Gloat

http://www.theatlanticwire.com/entertainment/...
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#814118 Nov 30, 2012
TheEconomy wrote:
<quoted text>
Dear Homer,
We miss being there too. It's kinda hard to poop revenue out though, being as being full of crap is NOT how it is actually produced,
Sincerely,
The TEA TYPE, fiscally responsible, morally ethical INDEPEDENT voters.
The Economy is being played by Homer today, you are and will always be a ignorant backwood hillbilly no matter what you change your name to. Hatfields.

Now grab your full set of upper and lower dentures, pop em in, and go check on your still.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 17 min Bite Me 50,643
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 1 hr Dale 179,430
very cute unuasual pix 3 hr ALL GOOD 1
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 3 hr Mandela 68,666
omnipods boxes for sale 3 hr thanxlord 1
Amy 10-24 3 hr Mister Tonka 12
Mrs. Bush: History will vindicate her husband (Jun '08) 4 hr Anonymous91 54,522
Chicago Dating
Find my Match

Chicago Jobs

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]