Barack Obama, our next President

Full story: Hampton Roads Daily Press

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...
Comments
752,241 - 752,260 of 1,082,301 Comments Last updated 7 min ago
carol

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 29, 2012

Judged:

Dem. Patty Murray said she's ready to take us over the fiscal cliff if democrats don't get their way and raise taxes.

So let me get this straight.

Raising taxes will take us back into a recession...and democrats are threatening to ruin the economy if they can't cause another recession?

Do I have that right?

“life under BO”

Since: Sep 12

buena vista

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 29, 2012

Judged:

Mitt Wrongney wrote:
Congratulate PRESIDENT OBAMA for keeping AMERICA SAFE.
What about ambassador Stevens? Who pos Obumbles hung out to dry?
John Galt

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 29, 2012

ZENISH WISDOM wrote:
<quoted text>
ONLY A FOOL THINKS IT IS NOT JUST A GAME.
(Hi ugly, wanna drain a boil on Yawkie's azz?)
Go talk to Realtime. He likes your kind. Little boys who put out for sugar daddies.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 29, 2012

Judged:

sage won wrote:
<quoted text>
The Europeans laugh at us and him. He doesn't have a personal relationship with any world leader except Hugo Chavez.
And perhaps the fat toad in Cairo.

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 29, 2012

Dem wrote:
<quoted text>
Interesting logic, fktard!
Take a beating then laugh at the other guys sore fist.
You're the jerk who praises the Boy Messiah when he pummels you.
Go figure.

Lapeer, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 29, 2012

Judged:

sonicfilter wrote:
The Republicans’ Most Hypocritical Economic Argument
The Republican position on federal spending could not be clearer: It doesn’t create jobs. Except when it goes to defense contractors.
Under the debt-ceiling deal reached last year, planned spending is going to be “sequestered”-- that is, cut -- starting next January. The defense budget is going to take half the hit. On July 12, Mitt Romney’s presidential campaign issued a press release with a statement from Bill Bolling, the Republican lieutenant governor of Virginia, attacking President Barack Obama for cutting defense too much.
....Needless to say, on the theory that the Republicans are advancing, the federal budget can never be cut. The U.S. Conference of Mayors will be able to say that cuts in social spending will devastate the economy of our cities with at least as much justice as defense-heavy areas can complain about cuts to the military. Rural areas can say the same thing about farm subsidies.
Reductions in federal spending, whether for defense or social programs, will, of course, be disruptive to the people, businesses and communities who have come to rely on it. The cuts should not, however, hurt the broader economy. When federal spending falls and jobs tied to that spending disappear, private-sector spending should normally increase and create jobs tied to it.
So long as the Federal Reserve is targeting inflation or nominal spending, total economic activity should stay roughly the same, even if its composition changes.(If the Fed responds to government spending cuts by tightening money, jobs will be lost. But that would be the fault of the Fed, not the budget writers.)
The Bloomberg Government study listed the 10 states that depend the most on defense dollars. Seven of them voted for the Republican presidential candidate in 2008, and an eighth, Virginia, has usually voted Republican in presidential races. So the party’s interest in keeping defense jobs makes political sense.
Yet the purpose of the defense budget shouldn’t be to subsidize particular people or areas. We don’t buy tanks and train soldiers to keep beauty salons in business. The Republicans resisting big defense cuts generally think that they would jeopardize our national security. That’s a debatable proposition. So debate it. What Republicans should not do is make an economic argument for defense spending that is both untrue and inconsistent with everything else they say about spending and the economy.
When they do that, they treat the nation’s defense as little more than a source of political pork.
http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2012-07-16/the-...
(Ramesh Ponnuru is a Bloomberg View columnist and a senior editor at National Review.)
You are most likely the most prolific copy-n-paster on Topix. Can't think for yourself so flinging other people's poop is the next best thing. Fling away, jerk.
carol

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 29, 2012

Judged:

Another inspiring story of people helping people out of kindness and compassion.

The Secret Santa, a Kansas City businessman, is giving away $100,000 this holiday season and spent the day in New Jersey and New York giving away thousands. But he says money is not the issue.

"The money is not the point at all," said the anonymous benefactor. "It's about the random acts of kindness. I'm just setting an example, and if 10 percent of the people who see me emulate what I'm doing, anybody can be a Secret Santa!"

The businessman will not divulge his name nor allow his face to be photographed, but he's been to cities across America from San Diego to Chicago to Charlotte, N.C.

...It's about random acts of kindness...
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 29, 2012

Judged:

John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
No. Bush was not a Conservative and Conservatives feel no need to make excuses for his mistakes.
feel no need? lol

hell of an excuse from someone who probably voted for him.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 29, 2012

Judged:

Let Obama drive over the fiscal cliff:

CHARLES KRAUTHAMMER: It's not just a bad deal, this is really an insulting deal. What Geithner offered, what you showed on the screen, Robert E. Lee was offered easier terms at Appomattox, and he lost the Civil War. The Democrats won by 3% of the vote and they did not hold the House, Republicans won the house. So this is not exactly unconditional surrender, but that is what the administration is asking of the Republicans.

This idea -- there are not only no cuts in this, there's an increase in spending with a new stimulus. I mean, this is almost unheard of. What do they expect? They obviously expect the Republicans will cave on everything. I think the Republicans ought to simply walk away. The president is the president. He's the leader. They are demanding that the Republicans explain all the cuts that they want to make.

We had that movie a year-and-a-half ago where Paul Ryan presented a budget, a serious real budget with real cuts. Obama was supposed to gave speech where he would respond with a counter offer. And what did he do? He gave a speech where he had Ryan sitting in the front row. He called the Ryan proposal un-American, insulted him, offered nothing, and ran on Mediscare in the next 18 months.

And they expect the Republicans are going to do this again? The Republicans are going to walk on this. And I think they have leverage. Yes, for Congressional Democrats it will help them in the future if Republicans absorb the blame because we will have a recession. But Obama is not running again unlike the Congressional Democrats. He's going to have a recession, 9% unemployment, 2 million more unemployed, and a second term that's going to be a ruin. That is not a good proposition if you are Barack Obama.

Lapeer, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 29, 2012

Judged:

THE DEBIL wrote:
<quoted text>
UH-HUH. WELL. OF THE 90,000 OF US WHO ARE INVITED TO THE WHITE HOUSE THIS WINTER, DEBIL SAY, "MERRY CHRISTMAS, YOU LOSER BITCH." HO HO HO...
Debil will say anything, anytime regardless of whether it makes sense or not. Debil is clueless mouth connected to empty head.

Since you voted for the Boy Messiah, I should be the one calling you "Ho, Ho, Ho".
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 29, 2012

Judged:

John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Time to do the right thing and ignore opinion polls. Otherwise, what's the point?
sure. why not? then you can go on FOX and look just like one of the idiot talking heads who needed to make excuses after the election.

Lapeer, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 29, 2012

THE DEBIL wrote:
<quoted text>
NAH, WHO CARES? YOU LOST. YOU'RE NOBODY.
Talk is cheap. This makes you a big spender. Hee, Hee.

“life under BO”

Since: Sep 12

buena vista

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 29, 2012

Judged:

sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
?
It's all right here, grasshopper, the crux of the matter:

"Because Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac made a market for subprime mortgages the lenders did not have to worry about of the soundness of the mortgage contract they wrote. Thus the lenders could write the mortgages as adjustable interest rate mortgages knowing full well that an upturn in the interest rates could easily throw the borrower into insolvency. For example, when the interest rate is 6 percent the mortgage payment for a 30-year $200,000 mortgage is $1199 per month. If the interest rate goes up to 7 percent the mortgage payment would increase by $131 per month, an 11 percent increase. For many of the subprime borrowers living on the edge of insolvency this would be enough to push them over the edge. The guilt for the subprime mortgage financial crisis lies both with the lenders who knowingly put borrowers into booby trapped mortgages and the management of Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac for making a market for such booby trapped mortgages thus giving the lenders the incentive for writing them. "

Dems own this mess, lock, stock and barrel.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 29, 2012

Judged:

sage won wrote:
<quoted text>
Let's not leave out the high percentages of blacks, hispanics and illegal aliens receiving government assistance, the vast majority democrats.
I don't know one white person i grew up with getting one dime from the government, they all went to work and stayed employed their entire adult lives. And none of them were born with a silver spoon in their mouths.
You're full of crap.
not one white person? lol

the county i live in pulls more from the state than any other. might be a couple of black folks living here.

try again.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 29, 2012

Judged:

John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Only for fools who think this is just a game.
so what are the details?

Lapeer, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 29, 2012

sonicfilter wrote:
Anti-intellectualism is hostility towards and mistrust of intellect, intellectuals, and intellectual pursuits, usually expressed as the derision of education, philosophy, literature, art, and science, as impractical and contemptible. Alternatively, self-described intellectuals who are alleged to fail to adhere to rigorous standards of scholarship may be described as anti-intellectuals although pseudo-intellectualism is a more commonly, and perhaps more accurately, used description for this phenomenon.
In public discourse, anti-intellectuals usually perceive and publicly present themselves as champions of the common folk — populists against political elitism and academic elitism — proposing that the educated are a social class detached from the everyday concerns of the majority, and that they dominate political discourse and higher education.
Because "anti-intellectual" can be pejorative, defining specific cases of anti-intellectualism can be troublesome; one can object to specific facets of intellectualism or the application thereof without being dismissive of intellectual pursuits in general. Moreover, allegations of anti-intellectualism can constitute an appeal to authority or an appeal to ridicule that attempts to discredit an opponent rather than specifically addressing his or her arguments.
Anti-intellectualism is a common facet of totalitarian dictatorships to oppress political dissent. The Nazi party's populist rhetoric featured anti-intellectual rants as a common motif, including Adolf Hitler's political polemic, Mein Kampf. Perhaps its most extreme political form was during the 1970s in Cambodia under the rule of Pol Pot and the Khmer Rouge, when people were killed for being academics or even for merely wearing eyeglasses (as it suggested literacy) in the Killing Fields.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anti-intellectua...
"Elitism is the belief or attitude that some individuals, who form an elite — a select group of people with a certain ancestry, intrinsic quality or worth, higher intellect, wealth, specialized training or experience, or other distinctive attributes — are those whose influence or authority is greater than that of others; whose views on a matter are to be taken the most seriously or carry the most weight; whose views or actions are most likely to be constructive to society as a whole; or whose extraordinary skills, abilities, or wisdom render them especially fit to govern".

Wiki - Elitism: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elitism

Fool. That's not a pinnacle of intellect you're standing on, jerk, but a dung heap. People can look up to you.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
carol

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 29, 2012

Judged:

Obama told the watching world on election night that he would sit down with Romney in the weeks ahead.

And that they did today in the dining room just off the Oval Office.

Jay Carney underscored Obama's interest in listening to Romney's ideas.

Wouldn't it be ironic if Romney became Obama's closet economic advisor?
John Galt

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 29, 2012

Judged:

The cupboard will be bare when Obama's tax increases kick in:

Costco will spend $3 billion to pay a special dividend of $7 a share next month ahead of higher tax rates that may kick in come January.

The Issaquah-based company joins a growing number of U.S. companies, from Wynn Resorts to Tyson Foods, that are announcing special dividends at four times the pace of last year ahead of pending tax increases in 2013. The rate on dividends, which was reduced to 15 percent during the George W. Bush administration, is set to go up as President Obama and Congress work to draw more revenue from top earners.

Lapeer, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 29, 2012

TheIndependentMajority wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you really THAT ignorant?
Can I please answer that for lily?
John Galt

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 29, 2012

Judged:

sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
feel no need? lol
hell of an excuse from someone who probably voted for him.
Given the choice between a moderate and two leftwing losers, the choice was obvious.

Again, no apologies and no defense of Bush policies.

Now, what is your leader going to do?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

55 Users are viewing the Chicago Forum right now

Search the Chicago Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 9 min truth-facts 45,842
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 15 min Dale 174,944
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 1 hr OnlyPatchWork 68,051
Last word + 2 (Mar '12) 3 hr Hatti_Hollerand 473
Amy 7-28 4 hr Sublime1 16
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 5 hr Eric 68,396
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 5 hr Terry rigsby 48,944
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 10 hr Mister Tonka 97,562
•••

Beach Hazards Statement for Cook County was issued at July 28 at 2:52PM CDT

•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Chicago People Search