Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1480811 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

John Galt

Temecula, CA

#814570 Nov 30, 2012
Realtime wrote:
WTF, has this become the comedy thread?
Whatever it is now is better than before Da Bammy crushed Ann and Willard Romney's turn in the White House.
Only if you appreciate slimeballs indulging in potty humor.

This thread will die fast if the Chicago ghetto scumbags take over.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#814571 Nov 30, 2012
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text> Since she said the statements were based on information at that time, they are not lies.
Just proves that Susan Rice is stupid if she believed that crap.

Liar or stupid, take your choice.
carol

Oviedo, FL

#814572 Nov 30, 2012
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
I missed the part where the Act called to invade Iraq & get us stuck there for a decade costing hundreds of billions of dollars.
Doesn't matter. The Democrats supported the Iraq War by voting for it and funding it.

The Democratic Party’s congressional leadership voted to give the Bush administration nearly $100 billion of unconditional supplementary government spending primarily to support the war in Iraq.

In the Senate, 37 of 49 Democrats voted to support the measure. In the House, 86 of the 231 Democratic House members voted for the supplemental funding; HOWEVER, 216 OF THEM VOTED IN FAVOR OF AN EARLIER PROCEDURAL VOTE DESIGNED TO MOVE THE FUNDING BILL FORWARD even though it would make the funding bill’s passage inevitable (while giving most of them a chance to claim they voted against it).

http://www.fpif.org/articles/the_democrats_su...

216 voted to kick the can down the road knowing it would make the funding bill's passage evitable..."while giving most of them a chance to claim they voted against it."

..."A chance to CLAIM they voted against it."

Talk about cowardly.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#814573 Nov 30, 2012
GhostofRaygun wrote:
<quoted text>Did that thought provoking reply take a lot of thinking on your part? I only asked for ONE freedom you have EVER lost in your entire life due to a Democrat being President. You post many times about all that is lost. Could you enlighten us with just what ONE lost could have been?
When you steal someone's property, you steal his freedom.
carol

Oviedo, FL

#814574 Nov 30, 2012
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>lol! And Condi Rice said in August 2001, Bush had them at "battlestations."
And remember, bushie took the whole month of August "off."
But I notice you didn't explain why every prominent democrat believed Saddam was a threat and had to be removed from power even before 9/11.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#814575 Nov 30, 2012
Nj raider 1 wrote:
<quoted text> You people are clueless & that's a damn shame. You feel encouraged by calling that man a boy over the internet. I'll bet my last dollar you would'nt call him that in his face. Diplomacy my ass! Call me out my name, especially a racial slur like that & you'll be crawling home. Since ya'll can't comprehend, I'll learn you a lesson. President Barack Obama is not only my president, but you assholes also. Call him out his name all you want. At the end of the day, YOU DO WHAT HE SAYS SO IF HE'S A BOY WHAT DOES THAT MAKE YOU COWARDS!!!
Obama is an irrelevant joke, to be tolerated until he destroys the country or leaves office, whichever occurs first.

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#814576 Nov 30, 2012
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, I admit that sometimes I'm so upset by what I see, I forget to chew. Do you think that has anything to do with the explosive diarrhea I've been experiencing lately, or would that be something that would cause constipation?
The constipation and diarrhea are in your head.

That's where the poop is contained.

“Bill Clinton could have ”

Since: May 10

Prevented this

#814577 Nov 30, 2012
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
But I notice you didn't explain why every prominent democrat believed Saddam was a threat and had to be removed from power even before 9/11.
They have yet to note that Billy Clinton ordered the regime change in Iraq and made it law. Did they think that was going to come about by merely saying it would? like Saddam was going to take a vacation and never come back?

"Congress passed and President Clinton signed into law the Iraq Liberation Act, making regime change in Iraq the policy of the United States government and approving nearly $100 million to fund Iraqi opposition groups working for Saddam's ouster.
That December, President Clinton launched Operation Desert Fox, a four-day air strike campaign meant to diminish Saddam's weapons capabilities. "If Saddam defies the world and we fail to respond, we will face a far greater threat in the future," President Clinton said. "Mark my words, he will develop weapons of mass destruction. He will deploy them, and he will use them." There was bipartisan support for the operation."

http://www.fas.org/news/iraq/1998/11/01/98110...
dem

Chicago, IL

#814578 Nov 30, 2012
Hi, I'm new to topix and would like to meet some friends.
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#814579 Nov 30, 2012
Realtime wrote:
WTF, has this become the comedy thread?
Whatever it is now is better than before Da Bammy crushed Ann and Willard Romney's turn in the White House.
Hell yeah, we should rename it: Mitt Romney, not our next President!!
dem

Chicago, IL

#814580 Nov 30, 2012
fetch almighty wrote:
<quoted text>They have yet to note that Billy Clinton ordered the regime change in Iraq and made it law. Did they think that was going to come about by merely saying it would? like Saddam was going to take a vacation and never come back?

"Congress passed and President Clinton signed into law the Iraq Liberation Act, making regime change in Iraq the policy of the United States government and approving nearly $100 million to fund Iraqi opposition groups working for Saddam's ouster.
That December, President Clinton launched Operation Desert Fox, a four-day air strike campaign meant to diminish Saddam's weapons capabilities. "If Saddam defies the world and we fail to respond, we will face a far greater threat in the future," President Clinton said. "Mark my words, he will develop weapons of mass destruction. He will deploy them, and he will use them." There was bipartisan support for the operation."

http://www.fas.org/news/iraq/1998/11/01/98110...
Evening, stupid as fk Romney supporter.
dem

Chicago, IL

#814581 Nov 30, 2012
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>It is a mystery why the Garbage Man hasn't caught you yet.
Evening , fktard!!!
carol

Oviedo, FL

#814582 Nov 30, 2012
President Bill Clinton sat down face-to-face with Republicans for 35 days straight to duke out negotiating a budget.

Obama sends his patsy, Tim Geithner, in his place with essentially the same budget and spending plan that even Democrats rejected in 2008.

It's almost like he's daring Republicans to balk at this laughable excuse of effective leadership so they can be blamed.

His arrogance and ineffectiveness is unheard of.
Literally unfathomable.
dem

Chicago, IL

#814583 Nov 30, 2012
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>Obama is an irrelevant joke, to be tolerated until he destroys the country or leaves office, whichever occurs first.
Go lay down you dumb mutt
carol

Oviedo, FL

#814584 Nov 30, 2012
fetch almighty wrote:
<quoted text>They have yet to note that Billy Clinton ordered the regime change in Iraq and made it law. Did they think that was going to come about by merely saying it would? like Saddam was going to take a vacation and never come back?
"Congress passed and President Clinton signed into law the Iraq Liberation Act, making regime change in Iraq the policy of the United States government and approving nearly $100 million to fund Iraqi opposition groups working for Saddam's ouster.
That December, President Clinton launched Operation Desert Fox, a four-day air strike campaign meant to diminish Saddam's weapons capabilities. "If Saddam defies the world and we fail to respond, we will face a far greater threat in the future," President Clinton said. "Mark my words, he will develop weapons of mass destruction. He will deploy them, and he will use them." There was bipartisan support for the operation."
http://www.fas.org/news/iraq/1998/11/01/98110...
Too many liberals have short memories. Or they have been brainwashed.

The funny thing about the whole thing is the democrats on Capital Hill know exactly what they said. They also know they became weasels for political gain. They're just hoping no one on the left is smart enough to figure it out.
carol

Oviedo, FL

#814585 Nov 30, 2012
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
The constipation and diarrhea are in your head.
That's where the poop is contained.
Debil likes to pretend he's me when I'm gone.
Mitt Wrongney

United States

#814586 Nov 30, 2012
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
Anybody can get an education. You are proof of this.
Monkeys, Mules and Dogs can be trained.
Learning to think is a whole different ball game - one that you've never attended and never will.
does that include retards like you? Even if you attended school, you still trapped in a world of stupidity and ignorance, you just proved it.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#814589 Nov 30, 2012
dem wrote:
Hi, I'm new to topix and would like to meet some friends.
In that case, fella named "Realtime" in Florida is your kind of cowboy. Saddle him up, ride him hard, and put him away wet.
carol

Oviedo, FL

#814590 Nov 30, 2012
More than half of the Democrats in the House voted in support of the Iraq War. In the Senate, democrats voted 29 to 21 in support of the war.

They voted to fund it or voted to push the funding foward to give them a chance to "claim" they voted against it.

There's no shame in admitting you were fooled and educating yourself going forward.
CAROL CAROL CAROL

London, UK

#814591 Nov 30, 2012
WOMEN! WHAT DEVILRY IS THIS? A PLEASANT DAY IN A BUCOLIC LANDSCAPE DASHED ON THE ROCKS OF LOVE. I LAY IN A HEAP OF SELF-PITY, MY EYES CLOUDED WITH TEARS OF ANGUISH... "STELLA! STELLA!!!" WHAT IS IT ABOUT PLEASANT MISSES THAT TRIES THE HEART OF ONE SO TRUE FOR... MERE COMMERCE? THIS IS WHY THOSE FOUL FOOLS THREW THEMSELVES INTO THE "TRADE" TOWERS AND THIS IS WHY THE "DEFENDERS OF THE FAITH" CLING TO THE "9/11" CHARACTERIZATION. WHAT THOSE FEW SWARTHY MEN ATTACKED WAS CAPITALISM; THE SHODDY BLACK ART OF SALESMANSHIP WHICH ECLIPSES HUMAN FEELING. WHICH ECLIPSES THE HUMAN CONDITION. ALL THIS FOR MONEY... A PAYCHECK. JOHNNY PAYCHEK. ALL IS DARK... ALL IS DESPERATE...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
last post wins! (Dec '10) 14 min honeymylove 2,895
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 15 min TRUMPTRUMPTRUMP 234,161
last post wins! (Apr '13) 17 min honeymylove 2,164
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 30 min Mothra 62,932
News Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 1 hr Ize Found 71,313
News Scientists say they have proved climate change ... (Dec '08) 2 hr Into The Night 7,993
FRIDAY 1/20/17 PRESIDENT TRUMP. Democrap Tota... 3 hr WatchTheInauguration 4
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 7 hr Clinton Knows Best 104,720

Chicago Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages