Barack Obama, our next President

Full story: Hampton Roads Daily Press

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...
Comments
752,121 - 752,140 of 1,079,640 Comments Last updated 5 min ago

“Constitutionalis t”

Since: Dec 10

Spring, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 29, 2012

Judged:

sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
so no new stuff? just the same old batshit crazy that you've foisted upon us for god knows how long?
sigh
In case you haven't been keeping up with current events, the Democrats are proposing to begin seizing private property to fund their redistribution of wealth government. I'm thinking you can't see the obvious flaw.
There is a finite amount of private property. Funding entitlements is infinite. There will be a time when there is no more private property to seize. So, just how will the redistribution program be funded then?
And, this is right out of Das Kapital. You'd know that if you could even define the word "Marxism".
Only someone who is so ignorant they can't even define "Marxism" isn't convinced the Democrats are Marxist communists.

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 29, 2012

Judged:

....mammie....

"Gallup Daily: Obama Job Approval..."

slipping

http://www.gallup.com/poll/113980/Gallup-Dail...
John Galt

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 29, 2012

Judged:

RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
I get it. You are saying:
A white family is a good loan
A black family with similar financials is a bad loan.
Now, read this very slowly because evidently you don't get it.
The banks loaned money to white families and not black families even though their financials were equal.
Under redlining, banks did not make loans in certain areas regardless of the race or income of the applicant.

In East Bumfuck, where you live, race is not an issue in home loans.

But banks may be reluctant to loan when the backyard is an auto junkyard.
Realtime

Deltona, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 29, 2012

sonicfilter wrote:
Picture of the Day
Great moments in body language.
http://livewire.talkingpointsmemo.com/entry/o...
Obama is all cool, while Mitt looks like he's got a stick up his ass.
Maybe Mitt will have that photo framed and hung in a prominent place in the La Jolla digs.

Maybe not.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 29, 2012

Judged:

The first step will be to eliminate the tax deferment for 401(k) plans, which will kill the program.

Then the government will pass a forced savings plan, where they control the money.
Realtime

Deltona, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 29, 2012

Judged:

John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
"Serious" only in terms of endless obscenities.
LOL, I rest my case Dem.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 29, 2012

Judged:

DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
In case you haven't been keeping up with current events, the Democrats are proposing to begin seizing private property to fund their redistribution of wealth government. I'm thinking you can't see the obvious flaw.
There is a finite amount of private property. Funding entitlements is infinite. There will be a time when there is no more private property to seize. So, just how will the redistribution program be funded then?
And, this is right out of Das Kapital. You'd know that if you could even define the word "Marxism".
Only someone who is so ignorant they can't even define "Marxism" isn't convinced the Democrats are Marxist communists.
i'd ask you to cite that crap but if you could you would have already.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 29, 2012

Judged:

Based on the Canner and Bhutta study, former Federal Reserve Governor Randall Kroszner concluded, "we believe that the available evidence runs counter to the contention that the CRA contributed in any substantive way to the current mortgage crisis." In reaching this conclusion, Kroszner and the Federal Reserve Board joined other bank regulators in affirming that CRA did not cause the mortgage-market meltdown. Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation Chair Sheila Bair has stated, "I want to give you my verdict on CRA: Not guilty." Comptroller of the Currency John Dugan agrees: "CRA is not the culprit behind the sub-prime mortgage lending abuses, or the broader credit quality issues in the marketplace. Indeed, the lenders most prominently associated with sub-prime mortgage lending abuses and high rates of foreclosure are lenders not subject to CRA." All of these regulators were appointed by President George W. Bush.

http://prospect.org/article/dont-blame-commun...

and there ya go.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 29, 2012

Judged:

John Galt wrote:
The first step will be to eliminate the tax deferment for 401(k) plans, which will kill the program.
Then the government will pass a forced savings plan, where they control the money.
guessing.

chill birther boy.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 29, 2012

Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>Maybe Mitt will have that photo framed and hung in a prominent place in the La Jolla digs.
Maybe not.
the guest bathroom(s).
John Galt

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 29, 2012

Judged:

sonicfilter wrote:
Based on the Canner and Bhutta study, former Federal Reserve Governor Randall Kroszner concluded, "we believe that the available evidence runs counter to the contention that the CRA contributed in any substantive way to the current mortgage crisis." In reaching this conclusion, Kroszner and the Federal Reserve Board joined other bank regulators in affirming that CRA did not cause the mortgage-market meltdown. Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation Chair Sheila Bair has stated, "I want to give you my verdict on CRA: Not guilty." Comptroller of the Currency John Dugan agrees: "CRA is not the culprit behind the sub-prime mortgage lending abuses, or the broader credit quality issues in the marketplace. Indeed, the lenders most prominently associated with sub-prime mortgage lending abuses and high rates of foreclosure are lenders not subject to CRA." All of these regulators were appointed by President George W. Bush.
http://prospect.org/article/dont-blame-commun...
and there ya go.
Require 20% cash down payment on home purchases and the problem goes away. All loans given with little or no down payment are "sub-prime" because the buyer has nothing to lose in default.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 29, 2012

a pattern that will continue...

The Republican civil war that began when Virginia Lt. Gov. Bill Bolling (R) dropped out of the Republican gubernatorial race drew the attention of the state's Republican Party chair Thursday. Bolling has threatened to run as an independent and publicly questioned the ability of likely Republican nominee Ken Cuccinelli -- a tea party star -- to win a general election in the purple commonwealth.

http://livewire.talkingpointsmemo.com/entry/v...
dhjkouygia

Cambridge, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 29, 2012

yes
antiobamanationi st

Columbia, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 29, 2012

Judged:

BARAK HUSSEIN OBAMA IS THE ANTICHRIST
http://www.youtube.com/watch...
ra_con_teur

Newcastle, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 29, 2012

Judged:

sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
guessing.
chill birther boy.
Don't yoh have a car stereo to install or something...
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 29, 2012

John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Require 20% cash down payment on home purchases and the problem goes away. All loans given with little or no down payment are "sub-prime" because the buyer has nothing to lose in default.
20%? seems high. is that why Bush insisted on down payment assistance?

maybe you should take a look at this.....

http://georgewbush-whitehouse.archives.gov/ne...
dhjkouygia

Cambridge, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 29, 2012

Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>At one time it was difficult for a serious poster such as yourself to get a proper segue on this thread__not so these days where one can just make up some crazy sht and have one of the usual trolls replying within seconds.
definetely right times are changing
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 29, 2012

White House press secretary Jay Carney responded to Speaker John A. Boehner’s (R-Ohio) demand that any increase in the debt ceiling as part of a ”fiscal cliff” deal be matched by equivalent cuts in spending.

“Asking that a political price be paid in order for Congress to do its job to ensure that the United States of America pays its bills and does not default for the first time in its history is deeply irresponsible,” Carney said in Thursday’s press briefing.

“It was deeply irresponsible in the summer of 2011 and it would be deeply irresponsible to see that approach taken again. The president expects Congress to do its job.”

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/post-poli...
ra_con_teur

Newcastle, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 29, 2012

Judged:

dem wrote:
<quoted text>
i find myself entering this thread swinging wildly, like attacking zombies, and occasionally hit some friendly fire till i hit my groove.
The only groove you need to worry about is in the floors that need mopping boiiiiiii!
John Galt

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 29, 2012

Judged:

Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>LOL, I rest my case Dem.
See sockpuppet below.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

67 Users are viewing the Chicago Forum right now

Search the Chicago Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Abby 7-24 6 min Pippa 42
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 23 min TRD 67,923
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 24 min LRS 174,597
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 43 min Patriot AKA Bozo 45,778
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 2 hr Mister Tonka 97,524
Avoid Victory Auto Wreckers 2 hr Yeah 14
Our Cities Will Burn Because We Didn’t Protect ... 2 hr Yeah 4
Amy 7-24 7 hr Kuuipo 18
•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••