Barack Obama, our next President

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ... Full Story
Realtime

Deltona, FL

#813813 Nov 29, 2012
sonicfilter wrote:
Picture of the Day
Great moments in body language.
http://livewire.talkingpointsmemo.com/entry/o...
Obama is all cool, while Mitt looks like he's got a stick up his ass.
Maybe Mitt will have that photo framed and hung in a prominent place in the La Jolla digs.

Maybe not.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#813814 Nov 29, 2012
The first step will be to eliminate the tax deferment for 401(k) plans, which will kill the program.

Then the government will pass a forced savings plan, where they control the money.
Realtime

Deltona, FL

#813815 Nov 29, 2012
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
"Serious" only in terms of endless obscenities.
LOL, I rest my case Dem.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#813816 Nov 29, 2012
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
In case you haven't been keeping up with current events, the Democrats are proposing to begin seizing private property to fund their redistribution of wealth government. I'm thinking you can't see the obvious flaw.
There is a finite amount of private property. Funding entitlements is infinite. There will be a time when there is no more private property to seize. So, just how will the redistribution program be funded then?
And, this is right out of Das Kapital. You'd know that if you could even define the word "Marxism".
Only someone who is so ignorant they can't even define "Marxism" isn't convinced the Democrats are Marxist communists.
i'd ask you to cite that crap but if you could you would have already.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#813817 Nov 29, 2012
Based on the Canner and Bhutta study, former Federal Reserve Governor Randall Kroszner concluded, "we believe that the available evidence runs counter to the contention that the CRA contributed in any substantive way to the current mortgage crisis." In reaching this conclusion, Kroszner and the Federal Reserve Board joined other bank regulators in affirming that CRA did not cause the mortgage-market meltdown. Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation Chair Sheila Bair has stated, "I want to give you my verdict on CRA: Not guilty." Comptroller of the Currency John Dugan agrees: "CRA is not the culprit behind the sub-prime mortgage lending abuses, or the broader credit quality issues in the marketplace. Indeed, the lenders most prominently associated with sub-prime mortgage lending abuses and high rates of foreclosure are lenders not subject to CRA." All of these regulators were appointed by President George W. Bush.

http://prospect.org/article/dont-blame-commun...

and there ya go.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#813818 Nov 29, 2012
John Galt wrote:
The first step will be to eliminate the tax deferment for 401(k) plans, which will kill the program.
Then the government will pass a forced savings plan, where they control the money.
guessing.

chill birther boy.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#813819 Nov 29, 2012
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>Maybe Mitt will have that photo framed and hung in a prominent place in the La Jolla digs.
Maybe not.
the guest bathroom(s).
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#813820 Nov 29, 2012
sonicfilter wrote:
Based on the Canner and Bhutta study, former Federal Reserve Governor Randall Kroszner concluded, "we believe that the available evidence runs counter to the contention that the CRA contributed in any substantive way to the current mortgage crisis." In reaching this conclusion, Kroszner and the Federal Reserve Board joined other bank regulators in affirming that CRA did not cause the mortgage-market meltdown. Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation Chair Sheila Bair has stated, "I want to give you my verdict on CRA: Not guilty." Comptroller of the Currency John Dugan agrees: "CRA is not the culprit behind the sub-prime mortgage lending abuses, or the broader credit quality issues in the marketplace. Indeed, the lenders most prominently associated with sub-prime mortgage lending abuses and high rates of foreclosure are lenders not subject to CRA." All of these regulators were appointed by President George W. Bush.
http://prospect.org/article/dont-blame-commun...
and there ya go.
Require 20% cash down payment on home purchases and the problem goes away. All loans given with little or no down payment are "sub-prime" because the buyer has nothing to lose in default.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#813821 Nov 29, 2012
a pattern that will continue...

The Republican civil war that began when Virginia Lt. Gov. Bill Bolling (R) dropped out of the Republican gubernatorial race drew the attention of the state's Republican Party chair Thursday. Bolling has threatened to run as an independent and publicly questioned the ability of likely Republican nominee Ken Cuccinelli -- a tea party star -- to win a general election in the purple commonwealth.

http://livewire.talkingpointsmemo.com/entry/v...
dhjkouygia

Cambridge, MA

#813823 Nov 29, 2012
yes
antiobamanationi st

Columbia, MO

#813824 Nov 29, 2012
BARAK HUSSEIN OBAMA IS THE ANTICHRIST
ra_con_teur

Blanchard, OK

#813825 Nov 29, 2012
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
guessing.
chill birther boy.
Don't yoh have a car stereo to install or something...
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#813827 Nov 29, 2012
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Require 20% cash down payment on home purchases and the problem goes away. All loans given with little or no down payment are "sub-prime" because the buyer has nothing to lose in default.
20%? seems high. is that why Bush insisted on down payment assistance?

maybe you should take a look at this.....

http://georgewbush-whitehouse.archives.gov/ne...
dhjkouygia

Cambridge, MA

#813828 Nov 29, 2012
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>At one time it was difficult for a serious poster such as yourself to get a proper segue on this thread__not so these days where one can just make up some crazy sht and have one of the usual trolls replying within seconds.
definetely right times are changing
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#813829 Nov 29, 2012
White House press secretary Jay Carney responded to Speaker John A. Boehner’s (R-Ohio) demand that any increase in the debt ceiling as part of a ”fiscal cliff” deal be matched by equivalent cuts in spending.

“Asking that a political price be paid in order for Congress to do its job to ensure that the United States of America pays its bills and does not default for the first time in its history is deeply irresponsible,” Carney said in Thursday’s press briefing.

“It was deeply irresponsible in the summer of 2011 and it would be deeply irresponsible to see that approach taken again. The president expects Congress to do its job.”

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/post-poli...
ra_con_teur

Blanchard, OK

#813830 Nov 29, 2012
dem wrote:
<quoted text>
i find myself entering this thread swinging wildly, like attacking zombies, and occasionally hit some friendly fire till i hit my groove.
The only groove you need to worry about is in the floors that need mopping boiiiiiii!
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#813831 Nov 29, 2012
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>LOL, I rest my case Dem.
See sockpuppet below.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#813832 Nov 29, 2012
ra_con_teur wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't yoh have a car stereo to install or something...
something. must be why i'm wearing headphones.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#813834 Nov 29, 2012
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
20%? seems high. is that why Bush insisted on down payment assistance?
maybe you should take a look at this.....
http://georgewbush-whitehouse.archives.gov/ne...
20% down payment was traditional and worked well for many years.

If you don't have that much saved, you can't afford to buy.

Don't do links, you say what you have to say.

Quoting Bush gets you nowhere.

Since: Feb 08

Spokane, WA

#813835 Nov 29, 2012
lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
The Department of Defense and the Department of Justice together have more than enough prison space within the United States to safely and securely house the remaining 166 prisoners currently held in Guantanamo Bay, according to a new report by the Government Accountability Office (GAO).
The report (PDF), commissioned by Sen. Dianne Feinstein (D-CA), details a clear road map to accomplishing President Barack Obama’s longtime goal of shuttering the controversial military facility.
“This report demonstrates that if the political will exists, we could finally close Guantanamo without imperiling our national security,” Feinstein explained in prepared text.“The GAO report makes clear that numerous prisons exist inside the United States—operated by both the Department of Defense and the Department of Justice—capable of holding the 166 detainees who remain at Guantanamo in an environment that meets the security requirements.”
Raw Story ( http://s.tt/1vh4R )
"silly"
One more time you are correct. More than enough space is available to handle the terrorists incarcerated at Gitmo. You would love it, they would be placed in Federal prisons, and caring judges would find a reason to release many of them. Release them so they can continue their mayhem. After all those terrorists are simple patriots. They hate the The US and American's, the infidels, should be free to collect their due, more attacks on American's. That would be fair, in your mind. president nobama is a caring, loving person, no way would he keep all of the in jail, he would parole them.
Peace
Peace

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Amy 10-24 6 min Sublime1 14
2 dead, 7 hurt in shootings since Friday evening 52 min reality is a crutch 1
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 58 min Doug77 4,799
abby 10-25 1 hr RACE 3
last post wins! (Apr '13) 1 hr boundary painter 353
amy 1-25 1 hr RACE 4
Last word + 2 (Mar '12) 1 hr boundary painter 653
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 3 hr jacques Ottawa 179,464
Chicago Dating
Find my Match

Chicago Jobs

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]