Barack Obama, our next President

Full story: Hampton Roads Daily Press

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Comments (Page 37,597)

Showing posts 751,921 - 751,940 of1,078,059
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Realtime

Deltona, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 29, 2012

lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL! Now, perhaps these other dunderheads may learn to be a human being?
I wasn't a big fan of his, that loudmouth rudeness kind of turns me off, but, I did admire his guts in defending his appointment of a Muslim judge. Shows he's not afraid to be real. Give credit where credit is due.
Speaking of loudmouths and Muslim judges, Egypt has tried, convicted and sentenced Pastor Terry Jones to death__in absentia of course.

That's really going to mess up his travel plans.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 29, 2012

Judged:

Why Conservatives Must Surrender on 'Redistribution'

....Eventually, if conservatives want to keep putting their stamp on American economic policy, they will have to give in to that reality that government must become more redistributive. Otherwise, the Republican Party will be left with an economic appeal to an affluent minority of the population and an ethnic appeal to a shrinking older white-voter base -- and that will win them fewer and fewer elections.

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2012-11-29/why-...
BARRY GOLDWATER

Lockport, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 29, 2012

Nice to see someone visiting the executive branch with a plan to send to Congress. That is the closest you will get to that in the next few years.
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 29, 2012

Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>Speaking of loudmouths and Muslim judges, Egypt has tried, convicted and sentenced Pastor Terry Jones to death__in absentia of course.
I saw that! Maybe they'll put out a fatwa on his azz!!
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 29, 2012

carol wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, no, it isn't.
But I can see how easily you miss the point and the bigger picture by that post.
Is this hole we're digging ever going to be too deep for you?
What exactly do you think should be the solution?
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 29, 2012

Legal Pot Makes Federalists out of Democrats

After Colorado and Washington legalized marijuana via ballot initiative this month, the Department of Justice warned about the potential “constitutional showdown” between the states and federal enforcement authorities. The easiest way to avert such a showdown would be for the DEA to use its discretionary authority under the Controlled Substances Act to simply reschedule pot. They’re not going to do that.

In the face of such a conflict you’d think, drug war politics aside, that the GOP would stand on the side of state rights and fewer regulations. They might show their limited government bona fides, and their sincerity in reaching out to young libertarian-leaning voters, and maybe even advance some sort of bill to ameliorate the constitutional problem. Congresswoman Diana DeGette, a Democrat from Colorado, has beat them to the punch with a bill watering down the language of the CSA.

Jacob Sullum writes:

[T]he bill so far has only two Republican co-sponsors: Ron Paul of Texas (naturally) and Mike Coffman of Colorado. It seems like Dana Rohrabacher (R-Calif.), who backed a more ambitious Paul-sponsored bill aimed at repealing federal marijuana prohibition, should not be shy about adding his name to this list as well. How about Justin Amash (R-Mich.), who “supports federalism on all legislation not specifically authorized in the Constitution”? Any others? Now is put-up-or-shut-up time for avowed federalists in the House. It is certainly strange, if not embarrassing, to see that Democrats are more enthusiastic about a bill with “states’ rights” in the title than Republicans are. Behold the power of pot.

The merits of legalization aside–which are considerable, even from a conservative standpoint–eventual change is beginning to seem inevitable. Majorities now favor it, and two states have just taken the plunge. From a purely cynical standpoint, it behooves the GOP to get ahead of the curve on this, or other issues for which there’s a strong conservative case, such as copyright reform. Can you imagine the outrage among the liberal base of the Democratic Party if Harry Reid were the one to block these bills? If a bill respecting federalism for drug laws passed the House but died in the Senate because of the Democratic Party’s fondness for the policemen’s union? It seems they’d prefer to let the Democrats carry the banner of federalism.

http://www.theamericanconservative.com/legal-...
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 29, 2012

flack wrote:
<quoted text> Actually Homer the government, in most but not all cases, told the businesses what they were going to build or be confiscated by the government. They sold bonds to raise a lot of the money for the war not taxes. Jeesh!
I made no mention of raising any taxes, try and focus.
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 29, 2012

Hundreds of New York City fast food workers are staging a one-day strike against many of the biggest fast food chains, including McDonald's, Wendy's, KFC, Taco Bell, Domino's, Papa John's. The attempt to organize dozens of fast food restaurants within a single city is something new, a big step beyond efforts to go restaurant by restaurant, and Steven Greenhouse reports that the campaign has 40 full-time organizers.

—"McDonald's, escucha, estamos en la lucha"

Lopez earns $8.75 an hour as a shift manager (not a supervisory position) and works another job, allowing him to get by without public assistance, but said that many of his coworkers who make the minimum wage of $7.25 an hour or only slightly more rely on food stamps or other government programs. He thinks, reasonably enough, that's not right.

http://www.dailykos.com/

“The truth will be told”

Since: Mar 12

by miss Stoned Cold

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 29, 2012

Judged:

killtaker wrote:
No wonder Liberals cheat at the voting booth...
they are teaching them to cheat at school....
"With New Anti-Cheating Procedures, Philadelphia PSSA Test Scores Plummet"
http://philadelphia.cbslocal.com/2012/09/21/w...
Nothing but spit and vinegar from you types since the election results huh? LOOOL I love it.
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 29, 2012

Judged:

flack wrote:
<quoted text> What is the saying?'The road to hell is paved with good intentions.' As I said yesterday.'We are past the tipping point. The only thing left to do is let it crash and burn and hope America, like the Phoenix, rises from the flames a stronger and better nation.'
We crashed and burned back in 2008 thanks to Bush and the Republicans, we are actually in the 'Phoenix rising' portion of our program unless of course you are watching Fox News.
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 29, 2012

Judged:

Hello jackwagons, just a quick stop in while eating lunch.

Now that the evil spectre of a Romney presidency has passed, I think we can all look forward to a brighter tomorrow.

Since: Feb 10

ny ny

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 29, 2012

Judged:

<quoted text>
LOL! Now, perhaps these other dunderheads may learn to be a human being?
I wasn't a big fan of his, that loudmouth rudeness kind of turns me off, but, I did admire his guts in defending his appointment of a Muslim judge. Shows he's not afraid to be real. Give credit where credit is due.
Agree,,,Christie proved that doing your job and putting the welfare of people ahead of partisanship is a winning hand. Good for him.

“I've visited all 57 states!”

Jivetown

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 29, 2012

Judged:

<quoted text>
Are you telling erotic stories now too? Learned it from the Debil?
Grow up, dummy.
carol

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 29, 2012

Judged:

MOMS MABLEY wrote:
<quoted text>
Looks like them's that "lying" at the bottom of tank ain't never coming up again -- at least in any way recognizable to you. For instance, you -- you've been "lying" on that scummy, mucky bottom, with that one glassy eye staring up through the silt, you don't even know you're down there anymore. You figure there's always a level below you anyway. Sure there is, in Bangladesh maybe. It's 10AM, are there any used sofas in the gutter?
Moms Mabley was a comedian who made a good living out of being a stereotypical toothless black old woman who tried to give the impression of having a lot of wisdom. She gained a respectable amount of notoriety in her later years after being one of the first triple-X rated comedians on the comedy circuit in her earlier days.

http://www.youtube.com/watch...

The name fits you. You, too, are a stereotypical liberal who tries to give the impression of having a lot of wisdom and who probably can't watch triple-X comedy enough.

Am I close?
John Galt

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 29, 2012

Judged:

Terry Jones, Florida Pastor, Sentenced To Death In Egypt Over Anti-Islam Film Along With 7 Coptic Christians
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/11/28/terr...
Coming soon to America.

“The truth will be told”

by miss Stoned Cold

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 29, 2012

Homer wrote:
<quoted text>We crashed and burned back in 2008 thanks to Bush and the Republicans, we are actually in the 'Phoenix rising' portion of our program unless of course you are watching Fox News.
Dont you mean Faux news?

;)
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 29, 2012

Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg on Tuesday floated the idea of an all-female Supreme Court bench. Speaking at the 10th Circuit Bench & Bar Conference in Colorado, the second-ever female Justice explained that no one “ever raised a question” when there were nine men on the Supreme Court, but “when I’m sometimes asked when will there be enough [women on the bench] and I say when there are nine, people are shocked.” Ginsburg also added that “It was the wrong perception for people to see just a little woman and eight larger men,” when she was briefly the only woman on the bench, after Justice Sandra Day O’Connor retired and before Justices Sonia Sotomayor and Elena Kagan were appointed. Ginsburg called that period of her time on the bench “lonely.” The Northern District of California recently became the first major federal court to have an all-female bench.
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 29, 2012

Judged:

'The Lorac' Carol commiserating with 'Chicken Little' Flack.

It's a good day to be an American.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 29, 2012

Judged:

Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>Speaking of loudmouths and Muslim judges, Egypt has tried, convicted and sentenced Pastor Terry Jones to death__in absentia of course.
Obviously, you are pleased that Obama has installed a new dictator in Egypt who is far worse than Mubarak.
carol

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 29, 2012

Judged:

<quoted text>
What exactly do you think should be the solution?
Less government.

Less government micromanaging, controlling, interfering and taking more of people's money to waste on all of the above.

That's the solution.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 751,921 - 751,940 of1,078,059
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

88 Users are viewing the Chicago Forum right now

Search the Chicago Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Abby 7-22 6 min Kuuipo 6
Amy 7-22 15 min Kuuipo 11
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 16 min Rogue Scholar 05 174,421
Last word + 2 (Mar '12) 34 min andet1987 452
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 36 min TRD 67,840
Obama Gives Trillions for Wall Street, Not a Di... 1 hr APPRECIATIATATER SPUD 8
Is Ebay's 21-Day Hold on Sellers' PAYPAL Funds ... (Apr '13) 1 hr hold this 25
•••

Beach Hazards Statement for Cook County was issued at July 22 at 2:51PM CDT

•••
•••
Chicago Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••