Barack Obama, our next President

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ... Full Story

Since: May 11

Loysville, PA

#813624 Nov 29, 2012
flack wrote:
<quoted text> You are seriously clueless. There are a lot of middle class people who live off capital gains and dividends.i know several people who buy stocks in the spring and fall when the price is low and sell in the winter and fall when the price is high. T is capital gains twice a year. They will pay double on that cutting the liveable earnings in half. All of them receive dividends too. That too will be taxed at a higher rate. again cutting their liveable income. Because you don't do it doesn't mean a lot others don't. A few have told me they are going back to their old line of work and just let it ride till this shitstorm is over. So you won't get any new revenue from them. In fact you will lose some.
I seriously doubt you know lots of middle class people doing this.

Why is their income from trading pieces of paper any different from someone working a job for theirs?

Furthermore if they buy in the spring & sell in the fall as you said, they have not kept their investments long enough to qualify for the long term capital gains tax rate & their capital gain income would be taxed as ordinary income.

Did I just catch Flacktard in a big lie?
OBAMA the GENIUS

Lillington, NC

#813626 Nov 29, 2012
flack wrote:
<quoted text> You are seriously clueless. There are a lot of middle class people who live off capital gains and dividends.i know several people who buy stocks in the spring and fall when the price is low and sell in the winter and fall when the price is high. T is capital gains twice a year. They will pay double on that cutting the liveable earnings in half. All of them receive dividends too. That too will be taxed at a higher rate. again cutting their liveable income. Because you don't do it doesn't mean a lot others don't. A few have told me they are going back to their old line of work and just let it ride till this shitstorm is over. So you won't get any new revenue from them. In fact you will lose some.
Then why cry about it?

If everyone will avoid it.

Hey mannnnn!

400 people alone worth $1.7 Trillion.

Total citizen wealth:$47 Trillion.

Top 10% own 90% of that.

That is not a healthy economy. Income splits out like that too. When are these few rich at the top going to spend enough to drive demand in the economy?

Answer: never!

USA richest country on earth: why does the economy crawl?

Rich people already had everything they needed BEFORE Bush tax cuts windfall. No new demand. Just selfish greedy hoarding.

Obama the genius is changing this fffffed up situation to stimulate demand and pay down debt. Tell a rich guy: pay up crynaby! The USA NEEDS YOU! HELP YOUR COUNTRY!! DEADBEATS!!

Since: May 11

Loysville, PA

#813627 Nov 29, 2012
TSM wrote:
<quoted text>
RealDave you mean you’re not going to participate in Obama’s ‘Transforming America? Dave you did vote for Obama…Right? Tell me if I’m wrong, 1 in 6 Americans in Poverty, 47 million on Food Stamps, 23 million unemployed, so under Obama’s leadership we have become a Welfare Nation!!
Yes the effects of the Bush recession linger on. This is what happens when you have the worst recession on 80 years.

As usual, you're just another dumbass right whiner blaming Obama for the Bush recession. I have news, that is really boring & quite pathetic.
THE DEBIL

Tempe, AZ

#813630 Nov 29, 2012
THE DEBIL wrote:
Jane have you ever thought about being with another fat woman?
Sexually? I'm avaiable! And since dem is also a porker, he's available if you like fattys.
UH-HUH. UM, DOES "AVAIABLE" MEAN YOU CAN FLY?
THE DEBIL

Tempe, AZ

#813632 Nov 29, 2012
THE DEBIL wrote:
I dream of jane and I.
Stick my tongue in your ass.
OH FO' GOODNESS SAKES, IF YOU GONNA SAY IT, YOU GOT TO LET FOLKS KNOW YOU MEAN IT... YOU AIN'T NEVER GONNA GET LAID LIKE THAT! HERE, LET DEBIL SHOW YOU. THEN YOU DO IT, K?
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#813636 Nov 29, 2012
Anonymous of Indy wrote:
<quoted text>the so called Conservatives where for Redistrubution and TARP is proof.
good read.

Rick Santorum, Earmarxists, and the Pro-Life Statist

http://www.redstate.com/erick/2011/12/29/rick...
TSM

El Paso, TX

#813639 Nov 29, 2012
new yawkie wrote:
<quoted text>
Texas?
I bet you don't bathe.
Sticky, hairy, shriveled balls like my husband.
New Yawkie :Someone said that you are not fit to sleep with pigs. I stuck up for the pigs.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#813640 Nov 29, 2012
new yawkie wrote:
<quoted text>
I love Fox News.
Fair and balanced.
you might be on to something....

Bill O'Reilly Mocks Guest's Choice Of Paul Ryan For Time "Person Of The Year": "He Couldn't Even Carry His State"

http://mediamatters.org/video/2012/11/28/bill...

now if only that sort of thing happened on FOX more than once a month.....

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

#813642 Nov 29, 2012
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
I seriously doubt you know lots of middle class people doing this.
Why is their income from trading pieces of paper any different from someone working a job for theirs?
Furthermore if they buy in the spring & sell in the fall as you said, they have not kept their investments long enough to qualify for the long term capital gains tax rate & their capital gain income would be taxed as ordinary income.
Did I just catch Flacktard in a big lie?
Actually they buy in the spring and sell in summer. Buy in the fall and sell in the winter. It's capital gains not income. Jeesh! No different than buying a house and selling it later for a profit. You are blinded by your ideology you can't see how you are going to hurt the very people you claim to want to help.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#813646 Nov 29, 2012
too freakin' good....

You Think Obama Stole the Election? Then Read This

We try hard to be a serious website where serious-minded people can interact and a website that can be read and quoted in the media and in political circles without people laughing and pointing. You can’t do that when your comments section is infested with people espousing various conspiracy theories.

RedState has never been simpatico to conspiracy theories. In our history we’ve dealt with 9-11 Troofers and Birfers and all manner of believers in the omnipresence of Opus Dei, the Bilderbergers, the Illuminati, and, of course, the Jews and their ability to manipulate world events. Our response is to ban them on sight.

This last election was a hard loss of all of us, even those of us who were never Romney fans. I think we all realized the limitless ability to harm the nation that Barack Obama and his minions represents. Be that as it may, the people have spoken (the bastards) and we are saddled with this guy for another four years.

If we are going to move beyond this we have to face the facts. We were out hustled. They turned out their base and we couldn’t be bothered to turn out ours, much less do what it takes to win uncommitted voters. We lost. They won. And the nation will suffer because of it.

What did not happen was any “stealing” of the election. No one denies that there were irregularities in some places but the sum total of the allegations do not reach Kennedyesque proportions where they actually affected the outcome in any material way. This is nonsense and just as silly when people on our side make the claim as when the left howled about Diebold machines giving the 2004 election to President George W. Bush (President… George… W.… Bush, my gosh that sounds so beautiful today).

So, heads up. We have made a decision that we will, henceforth and forever, treat those who claim Obama won the 2012 election via shenanigans in the polling place the same way we treat troofers and birfers. We will immediately ban them. We don’t have time to shoot down these arguments every time the appear because they have been definitively refuted on many occasions. If you hold this exotic view and are feeling all butthurt, too bad. Life isn’t fair. If life was fair we’d be anticipating the inauguration of President Mitt Romney Rick Perry and watching the Obama’s pack the U-Haul.

http://www.redstate.com/2012/11/29/you-think-...
THE DEBIL

Tempe, AZ

#813647 Nov 29, 2012
JANE LAUGHED AND TYPED TO CAROL, "WELL, HONEY, IT DID SOUND PRETTY SEXY, YOU MUST BE DEVELOPING A CRUSH!" CAROL TYPED BACK, "BITE YOUR TONGUE! BUT I SORT OF WOULD LIKE TO KNOW WHAT HE LOOKED LIKE... HIS "THINGY" AND ALL... OH MY GOD, I CAN'T BELIEVE I SAID THAT! IT MUST BE HUGE! HA HA HA HA HA HA... IMAGINE! AT MY AGE, TALKING LIKE A SCHOOLGIRL... OH WELL, JANE, I REALLY ENJOY OUR TIME TOGETHER ONLINE."

(THERE IS A NOTICEABLE PAUSE AND CAROL BEGINS TO FEEL... COLD, SOMEHOW, EVEN THOUGH SHE'S IN FLORIDA WRAPPED IN A WARM FAUX-WOOL BLANKET... THE BLANK SCREEN JUST CONTINUES TO STARE AT HER UNTIL SHE FINALLY REALIZES SHE'S CRYING...) "OH, JANE, JANE... WHERE ARE YOU?")

JANE IS PRETTY BUSY HOWEVER AND IS TRYING TO ABSORB THE FACT THAT THE DARK STRANGER HAS SOMEHOW MADE IT IMPOSSIBLE FOR HER TO MOVER HER MUSCLES. SHE CAN ONLY SIT AND WATCH AS HER FRIEND CAROL SUFFERS AND HER EYES REFLECT THE DEEP SADNESS THAT SPILLS OVER HER LIKE DARK MATTER.

HE RUBS HER NECK AND THOUGH HIS HANDS ARE FREEZING, LIFELESS, SHE CAN FEEL HER ACHING SHOULDERS RESPOND. HE SLIPS HIS FINGERS INSIDE HER SWEATER AND STRETCHES THE FASCIA MUSCLES COVERING HER COLLARBONES, SHE CAN FEEL HER BREASTS RISE UP AT THE END OF EACH STROKE HE MAKES, SHE CAN FEEL HER NIPPLES STIFFEN AS THEY BRUSH SLOWLY, TANTALIZINGLY ACROSS THE ROUGH FABRIC, SOFT AND YET HARD AT THE SAME TIME.

ON THE SCREEN IN FRONT OF HER THE WORDS APPEAR: "JANE, WHERE ARE YOU, JANE? YOU'RE SCARING ME!" BUT JANE IS HELPLESS TO RESPOND. THE MAN REACHES DOWN AND UNDOES HER BELT, UNBUTTONS HER PANTS, UNZIPS HER FLY. AND ALL JANE CAN DO IS TO WATCH.
carol

Orlando, FL

#813650 Nov 29, 2012
On a cold November night in Times Square, Officer Lawrence DePrimo encountered an older, barefooted homeless man. The officer disappeared for a moment, then returned with a new pair of boots, and knelt to help the man put them on.

The act of kindness would have gone unnoticed and mostly forgotten, had it not been for a tourist from Arizona.

Her snapshot was taken with her cellphone on a Tuesday and posted to the New York Police Department’s official Facebook page.

By Wednesday evening, the post had been viewed 1.6 million times and more than 16,000 comments.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/50007300

For all you progressive secularists out there, please take note the government did not put shoes on that man's feet. It was rather a random act of kindness and it is up to each and everyone of us to look after each other.

God bless that policeman.
THE DEBIL

Tempe, AZ

#813651 Nov 29, 2012
the rac_un_teur wrote:
Oh jesus -- will I be thrown off here for admitting that?
NO MATTER, YOU CAN JUST COME BACK IN A DIFFERENT LIFETIME. I WOULD LIKE TO WATCH HOWEVER... I REALLY LIKE TO WATCH..
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#813653 Nov 29, 2012
new yawkie wrote:
Correct. You're more of a FOXbot than most, save a few.
And that's the problem. You're not being informed by sources that are not State run white washed.
Look up obama/un/handguns ... can add the year 2010 or 2012
That will enlighten you about that Bush Sr remark: A New World Order and its agenda for Global Government. Obama is continuing down that path. In order to have a Global Government, A Nation's Sovereignty has to first be dissolved. It ocurrs incrementally.
Here's just one of those pieces of the incremental puzzle.
The Arms Treaty:
In this treaty Obama is signing, drawn up by other Nations, mandated by The UN, it includes stringent restrictive Legislation on Our 2nd Amendment, Constitutional Right.
Obama striking back room secret deals with The UN doesn't quite scan. And The UN has no business drawiing up Directives or Legislation on The American Citizens' Rights that are in contrast to Our Constitutional Laws. WTH?!
Didn't post a link, because a search will lead you to many on regarding this issue. It appears benign on the face of it, BUT the restrictive clauses within it are couched as to where they can almost appear concealed.
But how can you research any of this when you are too bizy being fixated and obsessed with policing FOX?
<quoted text>
so Redstate, The American Conservative, NRO, and the various other right wing sites i visit and post from are State run?

if only those sites would get with FOX so they could all be on the same page.[?]

something i've know for a long time is that not all conservatives are stupid. some are quite smart. but i also know none of those conservatives are on FOX.
mr owl III

Oklahoma City, OK

#813656 Nov 29, 2012
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
IRA accounts are not subject to capital gains if they are held until retirement.
Numbers don't lie...

170 million rich people dave?

actually you missed my mistake...

around a 100 million folks file a tax return annually...

so that means 60 million people are counting on the stock market for some kind of return.....

About IRAs. So if all the non-ira type investors (me, included) pull their cash out of the SAME stock market that the laughable lovable IRA'ers are in it won't cause 'any problems'? Is that what you are saying RealDave?
carol

Orlando, FL

#813658 Nov 29, 2012
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
now if we could just get you conservatives to apply that to every other issue.....you wouldn't be a hypocrite.
Unfortunately, you liberals beat us to it. You have a monopoly on big government not being big enough.

Practice what you preach.
TSM

El Paso, TX

#813660 Nov 29, 2012
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes the effects of the Bush recession linger on. This is what happens when you have the worst recession on 80 years.
As usual, you're just another dumbass right whiner blaming Obama for the Bush recession. I have news, that is really boring & quite pathetic.
RealDave I’m not whining I am just pointing out the Facts!! The only ones keeps arguing the past for the Present are You!!
THE DEBIL

Tempe, AZ

#813663 Nov 29, 2012
WITHOUT HESITATION, WITHOUT WORDS OF ANY KIND, THE STRANGER SLIPS HIS HAND INTO HER PANTIES AND CUPS HER SEX. JANE HASN'T HAD A MAN DO THAT IN SUCH A LONG TIME AND SHE REALIZES HOW MUCH SHE LOVED IT... LOVES IT. WITH HIS FIRST AND THIRD FINGER HE PARTS HER LABIA AND THEN THERE IS AN ENDLESS PAUSE BEFORE SHE FEELS THE MIDDLE FINGER EXPLORE HER LIPS, HER HOLES... SHE GASPS AND CLOSES HER EYES JUST AS THE WORDS, "DAMMIT, JANE, YOU'RE SCARING ME..." LIGHT UP ON THE BLUE-GREY SCREEN... "I'M SCARING ME TOO," THINKS JANE AS SHE FEELS THE MAN'S FINGERS OPEN HER SWIMMING JADE GATE. "THANK GOODNESS I SHAVED," JANE THOUGHT SELF-CONSCIOUSLY...
ra_con_teur

Oklahoma City, OK

#813667 Nov 29, 2012
the rac_un_teur wrote:
<quoted text>
Really? How many do you think I can work in before I'm banned?
flattery will get you a cigar stuck up your buttton like monica...
THE DEBIL

Tempe, AZ

#813668 Nov 29, 2012
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
Unfortunately, you liberals beat us to it. You have a monopoly on big government not being big enough.
Practice what you preach.
OH I DO, CAROL, EVERY DAY I CONCENTRATE ON BEING BIG ENOUGH... FOR YOU. I PRACTICE AND PRACTICE... WANT TO COME INTO THE DEBIL'S... APSE? YOU'LL LOVE IT, IT'S DIVINE!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 4 min wojar 179,472
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 39 min Jonah1 50,653
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 1 hr Ratloder 68,672
Rattlesnake Logic 2 hr i need a bump to 22
food for thought 2 hr reality is a crutch 2
John Wick Brings Stylish Bloody Mayhem to Chica... 4 hr Culture Auditor 1
Amy 10-24 4 hr Sublime1 14
Chicago Dating
Find my Match

Chicago Jobs

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago

Personal Finance