Barack Obama, our next President

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ... Full Story
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#813843 Nov 29, 2012
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Translation: Obama and the Democrats want tax increases, but have no intention of reducing spending. In fact, they plan to increase spending by more than any tax increase, further expanding the deficit.
Poll: More Americans Blame Republicans For Fiscal Cliff Impasse

A new poll from CNN/ORC shows that President Obama remains Teflon despite the fact that he designed the upcoming fiscal cliff to speculation. Even though Obama insisted on massive defense cuts and huge tax increases as the two alternative parts of the fiscal cliff, the American public will apparently blame Republicans if the fiscal cliff isn’t stopped. A full 45% of respondents said they would blame Congressional Republicans – even though the Democrats control the Senate – while just 34% would blame President Obama.

The public, by and large, sees Republicans as obstructionist.

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2012/...

Translation: the Republicans won't get what they want.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#813845 Nov 29, 2012
ra_con_teur wrote:
<quoted text>
Affirmative Action might be involved here...
Protect the helpless from the mean racist bank...
racist is the key word. tis why the not so infamous Obama redlining lawsuit was settled out of court.
Realtime

Deltona, FL

#813846 Nov 29, 2012
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
20% down payment was traditional and worked well for many years.
If you don't have that much saved, you can't afford to buy.
Don't do links, you say what you have to say.
Quoting Bush gets you nowhere.
Where the fk did you come up with that equation? 1954 when new homes cost $15,000 and the married white buyers actually went into the savings and loans for interviews?

If Donald Trump had to come up with 20% down__or any developer, nothing would get built or sold.
ra_con_teur

United States

#813849 Nov 29, 2012
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
something. must be why i'm wearing headphones.
Bet they are dr dre's....the headphones
ra_con_teur

United States

#813850 Nov 29, 2012
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>Where the fk did you come up with that equation? 1954 when new homes cost $15,000 and the married white buyers actually went into the savings and loans for interviews?
If Donald Trump had to come up with 20% down__or any developer, nothing would get built or sold.
Trump is white...he gets a pass on the down payment...
TheIndependentMa jority

London, KY

#813851 Nov 29, 2012
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>Where the fk did you come up with that equation? 1954 when new homes cost $15,000 and the married white buyers actually went into the savings and loans for interviews?
In 1960, to get a 15k mortgage, it often took more than one financial institution to do it, on TOP of the 20 percent down.

Of course, that's back when people still realized, paying such things as mortgages and bills, came before any and EVERYTHING else, and bankruptsies etc were big black marks on any future credit.

Worked pretty well--then came libuhrulTICS, and NOW look at this nation of unpaid DEBT-DEBT-DEBT.

Shameful.
TheIndependentMa jority

London, KY

#813852 Nov 29, 2012
ra_con_teur wrote:
<quoted text>
Bet they are dr dre's....the headphones
Ewe-labelduhmlabelsuckas. Wonder how many groceries some stupido could've purchased instead.
BARRY GOLDWATER

Lockport, IL

#813854 Nov 29, 2012
OBAMA IS THE FOURTH DUBYA TERM. AMERICANS ON THE RIGHT AND LEFT ARE TOO STUPID TO REALIZE THE THIRTEENTH YEAR OF ECONOMIC FLEECING. THE AMERICA YOU BELIEVE IN NEVER EXISTED. IT WAS ALWAYS A BIG LIE THEY STARTED SELLING YOU IN KINDERGARTEN.
ra_con_teur

United States

#813855 Nov 29, 2012
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
racist is the key word. tis why the not so infamous Obama redlining lawsuit was settled out of court.
For a white guy that installs 100 thousand dollar tv's you know a lot about racism...
carol

Orlando, FL

#813856 Nov 29, 2012
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>A government worker in a liberal city, in a liberal state, we do need more people like him.
Kindness is bipartisan. Supposed to be. Pretty sure it is.
TheIndependentMa jority

London, KY

#813857 Nov 29, 2012
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Unfortunately, not a sure thing given Obama's disdain for the Constitution.
That's why there's term limits.

And a Supreme Court, a Congress, etc etc.
carol

Orlando, FL

#813858 Nov 29, 2012
lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
He's probably a veteran; Carol took a lovely feel good story to turn it into something ugly, cuz that's what rightwingers do.
Watch for the haters to start their usual diatribe: that lazy homeless bum, begging for money and boots lives in a brownstone, blah, blah, blah, Janes on the case.
Lily, you just stooped to a new low. I simply shared a story that should make us all want to do the same kindness as that policeman.
Not the government. You and me.

“life under BO”

Since: Sep 12

buena vista

#813859 Nov 29, 2012
Impeach Obama wrote:
<quoted text>They filmed parts of that movie here in Va. Beach. Everybody who met her said she's a four-star bit'ch.
Ok, I won't let her stroke my rifle barrel then.:)
ra_con_teur

United States

#813860 Nov 29, 2012
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>Simple deal, raise taxes on top earners first cut spending and close loopholes-cut spending intelligently afterward.
And most importantly__stay the fk out of wars!!!
If those elected prks aren't willing to negotiate on behalf of all Americans___send them home.
Hey!
What spending is to be cut?

Get back to us when someone that matters agrees with and you....
TheIndependentMa jority

London, KY

#813861 Nov 29, 2012
BARRY GOLDWATER wrote:
OBAMA IS THE FOURTH DUBYA TERM. AMERICANS ON THE RIGHT AND LEFT ARE TOO STUPID TO REALIZE THE THIRTEENTH YEAR OF ECONOMIC FLEECING. THE AMERICA YOU BELIEVE IN NEVER EXISTED. IT WAS ALWAYS A BIG LIE THEY STARTED SELLING YOU IN KINDERGARTEN.
lol

"Streets paved in gold" they used to say---as many on distant shores, longed to migrate to see those streets....only to find they only existed in the make believe realms of the movie theaters!!

But thank Constiutionally and term limitsly, we are still fortunate to live amongst Democracy--even if the occassional commieTic must be kicked back down to reality lol.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#813862 Nov 29, 2012
ra_con_teur wrote:
<quoted text>
For a white guy that installs 100 thousand dollar tv's you know a lot about racism...
yes i do. pet peeve. must be the half Indian thing.

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#813863 Nov 29, 2012
brown eyes wrote:
<quoted text>God forbid you offer one a joint.
Let me offer you my joint.
carol

Orlando, FL

#813864 Nov 29, 2012
lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
If he's a veteran, then the government should put shoes on his feet.
I agree 100%. But the man apparently was not a veteran.

Many of the homeless are mentally ill, sadly enough. They need help but no one can make them get the kind of professional help they need - something most of us wouldn't mind paying for through taxes. It's part of the problem. They have to want help.
carol

Orlando, FL

#813865 Nov 29, 2012
Lincoln Duncan wrote:
<quoted text>
Rejected by voters in 2012.
When the majority want more government, more government intrusion and taking more of people's money, we've definitely turned a corner, haven't we?

“life under BO”

Since: Sep 12

buena vista

#813866 Nov 29, 2012
flack wrote:
<quoted text> It's called an after-birth abortion.
i'm 100% pro choice, I'd love to see all pregnancies of women on welfare terminated. In 20 years we'd have a much better country. Unwanted, uncared for, un supported bastards are the cause of so much of our problems.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 41 min Red_Forman 5,698
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 2 hr Cowabunga 51,324
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 3 hr Earthling-1 51,333
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 4 hr WelbyMD 184,767
Dear Abby 2-26-15 6 hr PEllen 1
Amy 2-26-15 6 hr PEllen 2
last post wins! (Apr '13) 10 hr Red_Forman 502
Chicago Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 9:10 pm PST