Barack Obama, our next President

Full story: Hampton Roads Daily Press

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Comments (Page 37,590)

Showing posts 751,781 - 751,800 of1,034,184
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“wake up”

Since: Jan 10

utica ny

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 27, 2012

Alloramadai wrote:
<quoted text>
I missed your original post/story. Any reason? Would you mind posting link?
Poor child
http://news.blogs.cnn.com/2012/11/27/ohio-mot...
TSM

El Paso, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 27, 2012

Judged:

sonicfilter wrote:
Obama Shouldn’t Back Down Vs. the GOP
Elections are supposed to have consequences. So why does the GOP think it can strong-arm the president into compromising on entitlements without first giving in on taxes?
The party that lost the election—lost the presidency, lost Senate seats, and yes, held on to the House, but lost seats there, too—doesn’t get to dictate terms.
http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2012/11...
I agree Republicans should just get out of the Way!!
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 27, 2012

Alloramadai wrote:
<quoted text>
Sadly, some become my patients/clients.
No doubt; are you a psych nurse?
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 27, 2012

A Primer for Rich Donors Who Got Taken to the Cleaners by Republican Consultants

....you rich donors funded a bunch of Super PACs that spent a lot of money on ads, making killer commissions for the ad guys, did a lot of mail that made killer commissions for the mail guys, and did a lot of technology smoke and mirror baloney that made you feel like you were reaching persuadable, when really you were peeing money down a rat hole.

You got played.

http://www.redstate.com/2012/11/27/a-primer-f...
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 27, 2012

Judged:

Alloramadai wrote:
<quoted text>
Enlightening information. I'm interested in what you would propose. Health care is a major concern in our country. Is there another solution? I've spent much time working in the ER; by law we cannot turn people away if they do not have insurance. So, their uninsured care is either covered by charitable donations to the hospital, attempted to be collected by the hospital, or written off/absorbed into the hospital's profit. I live in a community with a population of just over 11,000, median income of $30,000. I can't imagine the hospital has that great of a profit margin. Our major employer is a maximum security state forensic facility, a community college, Tyson Food, and Walmart. The rest are farmers and ranchers who have suffered with a horrific drought.
And, the Governor doesn't want to expand Medicaid.
Texas will soon become a swing state; on the road to blue.
When you think of all the millions that went to finance these campaigns and what that money could have been used for, it's sickening.

“See how you are?”

Since: Jul 12

Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 27, 2012

Judged:

Alloramadai wrote:
<quoted text>
Interesting fact. Where did the money come from for that?
The government owned a lot of land, especially after the Louisiana Purchase. They sold it to private citizens and at the same time Jackson blocked every spending bill he could. In 1835 the debt was paid and there was a surplus. Jackson had dissolved the National Bank, so the extra was divided among the states and was completely spent (and then some) in a year - which was a major cause of the 6 year depression that started in 1837.
the_rac_on_teur

Montgomery, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 27, 2012

alternate views on human nature...

"I am loth to close. We are not enemies, but friends. We must not be enemies. Though passion may have strained, it must not break our bonds of affection. The mystic chords of memory, stre[t]ching from every battle-field, and patriot grave, to every living heart and hearthstone, all over this broad land, will yet swell the chorus of the Union, when again touched, as surely they will be, by the better angels of our nature"

http://www.loc.gov/exhibits/treasures/trt039....

Modern take:

“If Latinos sit out the election instead of saying,‘We’re going to punish our enemies and we’re gonna reward our friends who stand with us on issues that are important to us,’ if they don’t see that kind of upsurge in voting in this election, then I think it’s going to be harder and that’s why I think it’s so important that people focus on voting on November 2.”

http://thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com/2010/10/25...
the_rac_on_teur

Montgomery, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 27, 2012

brown eyes wrote:
<quoted text>Excellent choice. Rushes War on Women backfired on the GOP.
how much time did you spend standing around protesting dressed in that va jj suit?
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 27, 2012

Alloramadai wrote:
<quoted text>
Anyone see Walmart strikers in their area? I did not venture out Black Friday - not something I've ever been interested in, so I don't know if our local store participated. Saw sales were not affected nation wide.
There were a few here, I don't shop on that day but it was downplayed in the news as a handful of people who were not Walmart employees. They're scared to lose their jobs. But, it's a beginning of something big, no doubt about it.

Wal-Mart's poverty wages force employees to rely on $2.66 billion in government help every year, or about $420,000 per store. In state after state, Wal-Mart employees are the top recipients of Medicaid. As many as 80 percent of workers in Wal-Mart stores use food stamps.
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 27, 2012

More FOX lies.

Fox News: Tom Ricks Apologized For Benghazi Criticism; Ricks: No, I Didn’t

Fox News Channel executive vice president Michael Clemente on Monday responded to the much-discussed interview with Tom Ricks, claiming that the Pulitizer Prize winner apologized privately for criticizing the network's coverage of the September attack in Benghazi, Libya. In an interview with the Hollywood Reporter, Clemente accused Ricks of using the interview to generate publicity for his new book, The Generals. Clemente also seemed to take exception to the lack of public contrition from Ricks.

“When Mr. Ricks ignored the anchor’s question, it became clear that his goal was to bring attention to himself -- and his book," Clemente told THR via email. "He apologized in our offices afterward but doesn’t have the strength of character to do that publicly."

But that's news to Ricks, who told THR in his own email that he never offered an apology to Fox — privately or publicly.

"Please ask Mr. Clemente what the words of my supposed apology were. I'd be interested to know," Ricks said. "Frankly, I don't remember any such apology."

http://livewire.talkingpointsmemo.com/entry/f...
the_rac_on_teur

Montgomery, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 27, 2012

sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
Pathologizing Conservatism
Is it an unfortunate evolutionary holdover, or the product of bad upbringing?
http://reason.com/archives/2004/10/20/patholo...
Maybe you can answer that question for us? Since Dem, Grey Ghost, and myself, aren't qualified as one can plainly see....
....."right-wing authoritarians are cognitively rigid, aggressive, and intolerant. They are characterized by steadfast conformity to group norms, submission to higher status individuals, and aggression toward out-groups and unconventional group members."
can you tell me why you want to screw a donkey?
the_rac_on_teur

Montgomery, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 27, 2012

Nightchalker wrote:
<quoted text>Can't you read?
I am talking about NATIONAL DEBT!
TRY to keep up!
ME?
I been debt free since the bush years!
EVERYTHING I OWN is paid for.
We do not buy it if we do not have the money!
PAY AS YOU GO!
read this...

pay my share then...
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 27, 2012

Jimmy Carter Returns To Haiti With Habitat For Humanity To Build 100 Homes

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/11/26/jimm...
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 27, 2012

Eric Boehlert On The War Room: Tom Ricks "Punctured" The "Fox Bubble" By Calling Out Network's Politicization Of Benghazi

http://mediamatters.org/video/2012/11/27/eric...
the_rac_on_teur

Montgomery, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 27, 2012

Judged:

lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
There were a few here, I don't shop on that day but it was downplayed in the news as a handful of people who were not Walmart employees. They're scared to lose their jobs. But, it's a beginning of something big, no doubt about it.
Wal-Mart's poverty wages force employees to rely on $2.66 billion in government help every year, or about $420,000 per store. In state after state, Wal-Mart employees are the top recipients of Medicaid. As many as 80 percent of workers in Wal-Mart stores use food stamps.
Do your part!
sell your $500K house and give'em all a .00000000000000000000000000000 001 % raise!

“wake up”

Since: Jan 10

utica ny

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 27, 2012

Alloramadai wrote:
<quoted text>
I missed your original post/story. Any reason? Would you mind posting link?
Poor child
http://abcnews.go.com/m/story...
Better link.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 27, 2012

lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
No doubt; are you a psych nurse?
Yes ma'am
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 27, 2012

Foreign Policy's Ricks Spells Out Fox's Role As A Wing Of The GOP

Fox's insistence that it does not operate as a wing of the GOP is not only contradicted by experts, but by its own habit of ceaselessly attacking the Obama and promoting right-wing causes and candidates, not to mention Fox News executive vice president Bill Shine's description of the network as the "voice of opposition on some issues" soon after Obama's inauguration.

http://mediamatters.org/blog/2012/11/27/forei...

So does FOX think it's a bad thing to be associated with the GOP?

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 27, 2012

moshx wrote:
OMG. That sickens me. Hard to remain objective, wondering what was/is going on in her world/head.
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 27, 2012

Judged:

the_rac_on_teur wrote:
<quoted text>
can you tell me why you want to screw a donkey?
Bizarre Sex Habits of The Extreme Right-Wing

"When you grow up on a farm in Georgia, your first girlfriend is a mule."

http://www.newshounds.us/2005/05/06/bizarre_s...

On FOX Radio. Big surprise.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 751,781 - 751,800 of1,034,184
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

51 Users are viewing the Chicago Forum right now

Search the Chicago Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 2 min Jacques from Ottawa 167,603
Amy 4-19 14 min PEllen 12
Abby 4-19 21 min Julie 17
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 27 min Chicagobunny 47,068
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 1 hr Frijoles 65,120
Cook County issues 1,000th gay marriage license 1 hr Evilgelicalling 6
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 2 hr Whiny1 4,030
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 3 hr edogxxx 96,137
•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Chicago People Search