Barack Obama, our next President

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ... Full Story
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#813516 Nov 29, 2012
lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
I saw that! Maybe they'll put out a fatwa on his azz!!
Loud-mouthed people like you who support repealing the First Amendment will ultimately suffer from the effects.

Perhaps we can find some other country to sentence you to death.

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

#813517 Nov 29, 2012
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>We crashed and burned back in 2008 thanks to Bush and the Republicans, we are actually in the 'Phoenix rising' portion of our program unless of course you are watching Fox News.
Bullshit! We are about to nosedive into a depression with Obama cheering the way. It's what he wants. Remember:'Never let a good crisis go to waste!'

You've been sold a pig in a poke and now it's to late to take it back to market. You didn't get a pig you got a skunk.

“I've visited all 57 states!”

Since: Mar 12

Jivetown

#813518 Nov 29, 2012
Homer wrote:
Hello jackwagons, just a quick stop in while eating lunch.
Now that the evil spectre of a Romney presidency has passed, I think we can all look forward to a brighter tomorrow.
You fit right in, jackwagon. Enjoy your brown bag lunch, libzero.
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#813519 Nov 29, 2012
Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg on Tuesday floated the idea of an all-female Supreme Court bench. Speaking at the 10th Circuit Bench & Bar Conference in Colorado, the second-ever female Justice explained that no one “ever raised a question” when there were nine men on the Supreme Court, but “when I’m sometimes asked when will there be enough [women on the bench] and I say when there are nine, people are shocked.” Ginsburg also added that “It was the wrong perception for people to see just a little woman and eight larger men,” when she was briefly the only woman on the bench, after Justice Sandra Day O’Connor retired and before Justices Sonia Sotomayor and Elena Kagan were appointed. Ginsburg called that period of her time on the bench “lonely.” The Northern District of California recently became the first major federal court to have an all-female bench.
Just great, all we need are more women judges. No wait, this is just what we need as they tend to look at both sides of an issue with a little more thought and weigh both sides as opposed to men who rush headlong into war with Iraq.

Have I made myself clear? Clear enough?
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#813520 Nov 29, 2012
Hundreds of New York City fast food workers are staging a one-day strike against many of the biggest fast food chains, including McDonald's, Wendy's, KFC, Taco Bell, Domino's, Papa John's. The attempt to organize dozens of fast food restaurants within a single city is something new, a big step beyond efforts to go restaurant by restaurant, and Steven Greenhouse reports that the campaign has 40 full-time organizers.
—"McDonald's, escucha, estamos en la lucha"
Lopez earns $8.75 an hour as a shift manager (not a supervisory position) and works another job, allowing him to get by without public assistance, but said that many of his coworkers who make the minimum wage of $7.25 an hour or only slightly more rely on food stamps or other government programs. He thinks, reasonably enough, that's not right.
http://www.dailykos.com/
Lots of unemployed people to take their places.
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#813521 Nov 29, 2012
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
Less government.
Less government micromanaging, controlling, interfering and taking more of people's money to waste on all of the above.
That's the solution.
I thought you liked Bush?
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#813522 Nov 29, 2012
Stoned Cold wrote:
<quoted text>Dont you mean Faux news?
;)
Naturally.
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#813523 Nov 29, 2012
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Coming soon to America.
Rick Warren: Churches Are ‘Probably’ Responsible For Negative Attitudes Towards Gays

Duh!

Since: May 11

Loysville, PA

#813524 Nov 29, 2012
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Obviously, you are pleased that Obama has installed a new dictator in Egypt who is far worse than Mubarak.
The man was elected. He was not the candidate the US would have preferred.

Why are you such a liar?
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#813525 Nov 29, 2012
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>Just great, all we need are more women judges. No wait, this is just what we need as they tend to look at both sides of an issue with a little more thought and weigh both sides as opposed to men who rush headlong into war with Iraq.
Have I made myself clear? Clear enough?
Yes, I agree. We also need more women in politics; hopefully a female President is in the near future as well.

“I've visited all 57 states!”

Since: Mar 12

Jivetown

#813526 Nov 29, 2012
<quoted text>
Hi Homer,
•In a novel case, a Pennsylvania federal district court held that individuals who steal others’ Wi-Fi can be subject to police surveillance even through another person’s IP address.
Hmmmm.....WTF?
Imagine that. You lowlifes now can be tracked when stealing from others.

WTF? Confused?
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#813527 Nov 29, 2012
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Loud-mouthed people like you who support repealing the First Amendment will ultimately suffer from the effects.
'Some other country'? Have you not seen some of these posts directed at Lily?
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#813528 Nov 29, 2012
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
People like Terry Jones make Americans and Christians look bad. He has put Americans all over the world in danger because of his sicko comments and disrespect for others.
He brings in upon himself so good riddance.
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#813529 Nov 29, 2012
flack wrote:
<quoted text> Bullshit! We are about to nosedive into a depression with Obama cheering the way. It's what he wants. Remember:'Never let a good crisis go to waste!'
You've been sold a pig in a poke and now it's to late to take it back to market. You didn't get a pig you got a skunk.
I told you, never again Flack, never again. Homer not buying into your bullsh!t no more. You've never been right once.

My statement stands, we crashed and burned back in 2008.
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#813530 Nov 29, 2012
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
Less government.
Less government micromanaging, controlling, interfering and taking more of people's money to waste on all of the above.
That's the solution.
Such as?

Wars? Defense spending? Foreign aide?
the_rac_on_teur

Oklahoma City, OK

#813531 Nov 29, 2012
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#813532 Nov 29, 2012
<quoted text>
Yes, I agree. We also need more women in politics; hopefully a female President is in the near future as well.
2016, either Hillary or Michele Obama. I would have given Christie an outside shot but the rightwingers have already turned on him. He needs them to get the nomination then he can turn his back on them like Romney did.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#813533 Nov 29, 2012
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
If Conservatives/Republicans agree to redistribute wealth, then there is no point in their existence.
Just have a one-party dictatorship.
conservatives choice.
the_rac_on_teur

Oklahoma City, OK

#813534 Nov 29, 2012
When 2.7 is not really 2.7

obammie's spending making him look good...

"... So what drove "growth" in Q3? Nothing short of the most hollow and worst components of GDP: Government Spending, which soared to 0.67% of the annualized number..."
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#813535 Nov 29, 2012
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
Less government.
That's the solution.
now if we could just get you conservatives to apply that to every other issue.....you wouldn't be a hypocrite.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Obama pardons 2 Illinoisans, including former M... 49 min Le Jimbo 17
1 dead, 9 injured in daytime Chicago shootings 57 min reality is a crutch 1
xtra xtra read all about it! 1 hr Read and weep 1
The truth regarding Ebola 1 hr C_Evertt Coop 2
Italian boys confession. 1 hr Bubba Klintler 1
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 5 hr Earthling-1 49,187
kalyan single jodi callll-08339890226 7 hr susil bhai 1
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 11 hr Sunshine 181,798
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 13 hr cheluzal 98,851
Chicago Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 11:17 am PST