Barack Obama, our next President

Full story: Hampton Roads Daily Press

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Comments (Page 37,576)

Showing posts 751,501 - 751,520 of1,073,205
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
carol

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2012

Judged:

RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
We are talking about man made global warming.
I guess you believe that pumping crap into our atmosphere has no effect.
In the 1970s the big thing was climate cooling. People were all in a tizzy about that back then too.

Can't seem to please some people who can't see the bigger picture.

“"fairfax.org"”

Since: Nov 12

gauley bridge, wv

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2012

Not as likely as what?
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2012

Dunn's girlfriend and the driver of Jordan's vehicle were in Gate Food Post, 8251 Southside Blvd., when the shooting happened. Dunn and his girlfriend took off afterward, and witnesses jotted down their tag number, deputies said.

They were staying in a Jacksonville hotel when they heard a news report Saturday morning indicating someone had died in the shooting, deputies said. They then returned to Brevard.

Dunn, a gun collector, was arrested Saturday at his home in Satellite Beach on charges of murder and attempted murder. He was being held without bail

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/local/bre...
carol

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2012

Judged:

RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
What do you think a balanced approach is?
It's Obama's way of saying I don't want to cut any entitlements but I will tax the wealthy until their eyes bleed?

Show me his plan - and the cuts - that are on the table.
ra_con_teur

Montgomery, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2012

sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
would you be talking about the professional athletes i play hoops with?
i also design and build media rooms for those who have nothing better to spend a $100,000 on. most my clients being the aforementioned. just finished one for Eric Moore. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eric_Moore_%28of...
as usual, we have become fast friends, and once he heard the game lineup he was in.
I'm an Astronaut and
I walked on the moon!

or-

You are full of shit

“"fairfax.org"”

gauley bridge, wv

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2012

Boy, it's really grey outside...

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2012

Judged:

Haven't done this in a while.

KurzweilAI.net

Scientists speculate on top secret Mars Rover discovery
A solar energy funnel to harness a broader spectrum of light
Flexible low-voltage circuits using nanocrystals
carol

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2012

Judged:

Homer wrote:
<quoted text>Dear stupid phuckface,
Those plant were opened and expanded due to goverment spending as they were the ones buying all the munitions/tanks/planes/ships, etc., think of it like stimulis spending you dumb backwood hillbilly.
Once all that was in place with people making a decent wage they were able to convert to automobiles, home goods etc as the workers could now afford these things and on we went my anal retentive friend.
The bottom line is the goverment made the initial investment, you stupid assclown.
I hope I've made myself clear you complete and total jackass.
Sincerely,
Homer
Now Homer, that wasn't very nice, calling EasyEed all those names.

Say you're sorry.

“"fairfax.org"”

gauley bridge, wv

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2012

carol wrote:
<quoted text>
It's Obama's way of saying I don't want to cut any entitlements but I will tax the wealthy until their eyes bleed?
Do you have any sugar? I need some sugar.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2012

ra_con_teur wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm an Astronaut and
I walked on the moon!
or-
You are full of shit
makes no never mind to me what you think.

or are you having delusions of grandeur?
Realtime

Deltona, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2012

flack wrote:
<quoted text> Brest cancer survivor. Adopted at least 3 children and several dogs.
She's also going to blow off radio for a while__or perhaps permanently while she rediscovers the "true meaning of life."

There will be an enema at FOX national too, right after the first of the year and the right wing talk is already being broomed from Clear Channel stations in the nation's top 50 or so markets.

It's over pal__manifest destiny don't live here anymore, say bye__err adios!

“"fairfax.org"”

gauley bridge, wv

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2012

Judged:

When I was little I remember it was grey outside then too. My mom and dad were grey, my little sister was pink though, until she died. Then she turned grey. I like pork chops, they're grey.
Jane Says

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2012

Judged:

Lincoln Duncan wrote:
<quoted text>
Tea Party may now be funded by the democrats?
funding by Democrats with an open taxpayer checkbook.

How long can the business model of the Democratic Party last?

The short answer is, not very. Dems are doomed by their success at creating ever bigger government with ever more handouts and entitlements. All the giving can’t go on and the Obama binge has created a crisis.

Deficits exceeded $1 trillion in each year of his first term, and his combined debt is a staggering $5 trillion. It brings the nation’s total to $16 trillion, and the possibility of default already has caused one rating downgrade.

And there is no end to the spending spree. Obama’s last budget, although chock full of rosy scenarios, still projected the debt would grow by $6.7 trillion over 10 years.

Thus, if all goes as planned, he will leave office with a national debt of $20 trillion, and a debt-to-GDP ratio far above 100 percent.

That’s Greece. It is an unsustainable governing model, so we should be asking not just about the demographic destiny of the GOP, but also how soon Dems will be condemned by the fiscal facts.

Clearly, they don’t want to face the numbers. The president has a fetish for hiking taxes on high earners, saying he didn’t care whether they would produce more revenue because “fairness” was more important.

He wasn’t kidding, as his continuing campaign proves. He declared Monday that Republicans would ruin Christmas for millions of families if they didn’t agree with his tax plan, proving again that re-election didn’t soften his “my way or the highway” attitude.

Equally revealing, congressional Dems tell The New York Times they refuse to make major changes to Social Security, Medicaid and Medicare, even though those programs are driving the debt and deficit.

Yet liberal senators, including Tom Harkin of Iowa and Jay Rockefeller of West Virginia, urged Obama to reject changes that “would cut benefits, shift costs to states, alter the structure” of the programs or pare them for deficit reduction.

That stance perfectly captures the party’s contribution to gridlock. Even as Republicans agree to increased revenues through reducing deductions in the tax code, Dems reject any changes to entitlements. So, who is really playing chicken at the fiscal cliff?

That so much attention is focused on whether Republicans will agree to tax hikes reveals mainstream media bias and Obama’s efforts to distract attention from the frightening dimensions of his fiscal folly.

Even if he gets his tax hikes, he would collect at most $90 billion a year, and that assumes growth would not be affected. What spending cuts is he prepared to demand from his party as part of a deficit-reduction deal?

So far, the answer is zero, a number that corresponds to the chances that Dems will govern responsibly.

Read more: Goodwin: Obama taking US down path of Greece - NYPOST.com http://www.nypost.com/p/news/national/grecian...

“"fairfax.org"”

gauley bridge, wv

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2012

Judged:

I got excited once but mama came and talked me outta it.

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2012

Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>She's also going to blow off radio for a while__or perhaps permanently while she rediscovers the "true meaning of life."
There will be an enema at FOX national too, right after the first of the year and the right wing talk is already being broomed from Clear Channel stations in the nation's top 50 or so markets.
It's over pal__manifest destiny don't live here anymore, say bye__err adios!
You seem to think that I care. Don't watch much FOX, don't listen to much talk radio. So it bothers me not. They will just move to other stations. Happens all the time. Pendulum swings one way. Then it swings the other. This country is going down the tubes. Nothing, I believe, can stop it now. We are past the tipping point. Only crash and burn to rise again like the Phoenix is our future. This was predicted in 1776. Manifest destiny? It is a sad day in what was America.

“"fairfax.org"”

gauley bridge, wv

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2012

Judged:

I like to watch football on the TV. It's a great game even though all the men are wearing tight pants that show their bottoms. I never look at their bottoms though, except for the Raiders. They're grey.
john

Birmingham, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2012

Judged:

sonicfilter wrote:
Another GOP Leader Recognizes Reality
What’s unclear about the path forward is whether the House Republican caucus is prepared to listen to Cole’s advice, or even whether it can realistically negotiate anything at all. Washington Post editorial writer Ruth Marcus reports on the House GOP’s opening bid to Obama, which makes no concessions at all:
As described to me by several sources with direct knowledge, the “bargain” was that all the Bush tax cuts would be extended. Revenue would be raised through later tax reform — although no amount was specified and, as important, no trigger mechanism put in place to enforce the deal. In return for the vague promise of future revenue, the defense-spending sequester would be canceled, the age for Medicare eligibility would rise and changes would be made to the formula for calculating increases in Social Security benefits.
That is an almost comical offer, suggesting that Boehner has almost no leeway at this point from his conservatives to make any kind of concessions.
Obama, having learned from the 2011 debt ceiling debacle, is already undertaking a campaign-style effort to pressure Republicans. Jay Carney was strikingly blunt in his dismissal of the possibility of hammering out a deal behind closed doors with the House GOP:
“I don’t think there is a lot of faith that a bunch of people sitting around a table in a room are going to solve problems on behalf of the American people ... if those sitting around the table aren’t also communicating and engaging with the American people.”
Let’s put all the pieces together. House Republicans remain about as crazed and intransigent as ever, and as a result John Boehner remains almost totally unable to bargain. Cooler heads within the party see this intransigence careening toward a political debacle for the party that will wind up handing Obama even more leverage, and they’re looking toward the path of least resistance to avoid such a debacle. That path is to extend most of the Bush tax cuts, spin it as a partial win, and live to fight another day.
http://nymag.com/daily/intel/2012/11/another-...
you slogan is; "'Life a Breeze as long as the Republican Tax payers
are paying the Fee's"

you little Wimp !!!!

Since: May 11

Fayetteville, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2012

carol wrote:
<quoted text>
Still wanting to give tax cuts to the wealthy & cut programs for the poor. You certainly are a Republican.

A balanced approach includes spending cuts & revenue increases.

Since: May 11

Fayetteville, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2012

carol wrote:
<quoted text>
In the 1970s the big thing was climate cooling. People were all in a tizzy about that back then too.
Can't seem to please some people who can't see the bigger picture.
See, I knew you were a denier.

And that cooling is just crap you deniers use as an excuse.

http://usatoday30.usatoday.com/weather/climat...

The planet is warming. Oceans are rising because of it.

But hey., be a good right whiner & bury your head in the sand.
Realtime

Deltona, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2012

flack wrote:
<quoted text> You seem to think that I care. Don't watch much FOX, don't listen to much talk radio. So it bothers me not. They will just move to other stations. Happens all the time. Pendulum swings one way. Then it swings the other. This country is going down the tubes. Nothing, I believe, can stop it now. We are past the tipping point. Only crash and burn to rise again like the Phoenix is our future. This was predicted in 1776. Manifest destiny? It is a sad day in what was America.
Hah, LMAO__I've been listening to doomsday BS since I was a little kid growing up in the farm route. The words and numbers have gotten larger over time and marxism has displaced communism in the long winded Alan Stang style rants__but one thing has remained consistent__the flaming right remain life's losers on the one hand worshiping authority and on the other very jealous of
authority.

You are wrong on "that they'll move to other stations " Flack__that right wing talk era is over__it won't go out quietly but it will go out in favor of whatever is next.

A black man beat the shyt of an American hero in 2008 and then did likewise to an American business icon in 2012__right there is your clue Flack, now go do something helpful to someone and quit worrying about shyt that won't happen in your lifetime.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 751,501 - 751,520 of1,073,205
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

49 Users are viewing the Chicago Forum right now

Search the Chicago Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 10 min No Warming 45,600
This is a great ad. 40 min Harold B Alls 1
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 1 hr Rogue Scholar 05 173,779
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 4 hr Riigsby5555 48,700
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 4 hr voice of peace 67,553
A kid-friendly guide to the Windy City 4 hr Tgloaded 1
Abby July 12 5 hr Julie 5
•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE