Barack Obama, our next President

Full story: Hampton Roads Daily Press

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...
Comments
751,341 - 751,360 of 1,101,468 Comments Last updated 4 min ago
Lincoln Duncan

United States

#812855 Nov 28, 2012
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
Too cold to swim in the ocean this time of year. I don't go out that far anyway.
But Obama said the rise of the oceans will begin to slow and our planet will begin to heal because he was elected.
Pretty outrageous statement for a president to make, huh? One might think he's a bit narcissistic.
Blame Obama for everything, the sun comes up and it is his fault?
Your Tea Party wing of the Republican Party pushed out moderate Sen. Richard Lugar in Indiana and then ran Tea Party candidate Richard Mourdock, who lost to the Democrat in a state Romney won. Tea Party candidate Todd Akins, of Missouri, imploded which bled into the race in North Dakota, giving Democrat Heidi Hietkamp a close win in a Republican state.
Your posts helped elect President Obama.
Thanks!

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

#812856 Nov 28, 2012
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
the day is young. your ilk haven't had a chance yet to explain too us all how scared we should be of a car full of black kids.
but once they do, you have no idea how apologetic i will be.
What you fail to understand, of course, is color has nothing to do with it. The supposed gun is the point whether white, black, green, or purple.
Nightchalker

Lansing, MI

#812858 Nov 28, 2012
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, lighten up. I actually don't like the criminalization of casual smokers of marijuana.
But to say smoking weed in public is more acceptable than tobacco is ludicrous. It may not have the harmful chemicals but it has other effects that others may not want to be subjected to.
LOL

I try to be discreet, I don't be blowing smoke at nobody!

Either out in the woods/fields or in my own home!

I'm LEGAL (got my card) the dispensaries are LEGAL (for now)!

It's the way it should always have been.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#812860 Nov 28, 2012
flack wrote:
<quoted text> No they are not legal. The white guy didn't have the supposed shotgun. The teen supposedly did. I think the barrel has to be longer than six inches past the stock. If I sawed the barrel off my .410 it would be less than 18 inches. Cut off the shoulder stock and you are under 12 inches.
'supposedly'
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#812861 Nov 28, 2012
flack wrote:
<quoted text> What you fail to understand, of course, is color has nothing to do with it. The supposed gun is the point whether white, black, green, or purple.
'supposed'

keep trying. it's hilarious.
Realtime

Deltona, FL

#812863 Nov 28, 2012
flack wrote:
<quoted text> A guess. Wedding/drinks but not drunk. Look it could have been a beer bottle, Red Bull can or something along that line. I wouldn't care if they were purple if I thought they were pulling a gun on me I doubt I would wait for them to fire first.
It's a developing story, the details are dribbling out. The guy exited his own vehicle and approached theirs, they pulled away and he fired 4 more shots. The victim was a 17 high school student who worked PT at Winn Dixie.

The shooter bolted driving all the way home (150 miles)

There were witnesses galore and more than likely video tape.

He's charged with second degree murder and being held in Duval County with no bond.
Carter

Pompano Beach, FL

#812864 Nov 28, 2012
OBAMA the GENIUS wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey crybaby! What's up?
I read that Mitt paid his campaign "braintrust" leaders $134 million for their work.
Obama paid his leaders $6 million. Which enabled him to spend more money in every swing state city. "Boots on the ground"
Looks like the private sector data crunchers Mitt "experts" got their azzzzz kicked so hard.
Mitt: had the best all that money could buy?
Well those well heeled "advisors" sure had Mitt convinced he won......right up till midnight!
Then: WHAMMMMM!
BIGGEST BEATING EVER!!
YOU. <----- Have to love that?
Pray to Obama for a brain transplant...for BOTH of you, actually, since 4 years of incompetence in the White House and 4 more years ahead only proves his supporters are as incompetent as he is. Bwhahahahahahahahahaha...
THE DEBIL

Greenville, SC

#812865 Nov 28, 2012
Chicagoan by Birth wrote:
<quoted text>You better get the biblical saying correct, if you're going to use it.'It is easier for a camel to pass through the needle's eye, than for a rich man to get to heaven' The 'Needle's eye being a pass used by travelers in biblical times. Gee Whiz!!! If you're going to use sayings know what they mean.
FIRST LET ME JUST CONFIRM THAT YOU AND I HAVEN'T TALKED PRIVATELY AND IN NO WAY AM I PAYING YOU TO WRITE THESE THINGS.

SO, UM, WHAT JESUS WUZ SAYIN' WAS THAT IF MR MONEYBAGS JUST HANG A RIGHT AT THE ZIGGURAT INSTEAD OF TRYIN' TO USE THE FREEWAY HE COULD GET TO THE BANK FASTER? HEHEHEHEHEHEH, SO, UM, JESUS WAS WHAT? A JEWISH TOUR GUIDE? MUST NOT BE MUCH OF A "PASS" IF YOU CAIN'T GET A CAMEL THROUGH IT? MAYBE THEY SHOULDA CALLED IT AN IMPASSE? BUT JUST FOLLOWIN' THE THOUGHT TO ITS LOGICAL CONCLUSION, LES' GO BACK AN' REREAD THE STATEMENT FROM YOU PECULIAR PERSPECTIVE: "IT IS EASIER FOR A CAMEL TO PASS THROUGH THE NEEDLE'S EYE THAN FOR A RICH MAN TO GET TO HEAVEN?" WHAT DOES THAT MEAN? THAT IT'S EASIER TO GET A CAMEL THROUGH SOME IMAGINARY PASS YOU INVENTED THAN IT IS TO GET A RICH MAN INTO HEAVEN? SO WHAT'S THE DIFFERENCE? THE PASS? HAHAHAHAHAH... MAYBE... HE... MEANT... "PASS" LIKE, "PASS THE FOOTBALL TO ME, JUDAS, I'M OPEN!" OR... MAYBE... HE MEANT... "RICH" MAN AS IN, "GOOD GOD THAT'S RICH, PASS ME ANOTHER THIGH." WHATEVER HE MEANT IT OBVIOUSLY DIFFICULT TO GET A RICH MAN INTO HEAVEN... UNLESS BY "HEAVEN" HE MEANT THE WHOREHOUSE - HEAVENLY HANDS MASSAGE PARLOR - ON THE CORNER OF JEW LANE AN' KING'S CROSS?
THE DEBIL

Greenville, SC

#812866 Nov 28, 2012
new yawk wrote:
<quoted text>
I like my hash like my men. Black.
HEAR, HEAR!
OBAMA the GENIUS

Lillington, NC

#812867 Nov 28, 2012
Chicagoan by Birth wrote:
<quoted text>Delusion is in the eye of the beholder, isn't it? Better revisit your figures? Thank goodness someone has the where-with-all to question, statements made on an internet blog?
Huh?

Just saying:$134 million in fees from Mitt the private equity expert businessman for "leaders advisors etc..."

Vs.

$6 million paid to "experts" by Obama the "community organizer."

It looks like the community organizer was better at deploying assets? Better than the filthy rich businessman? With all those high priced experts? Oh yeah! Way better.

What is it to be a Republican in 2012?

First off: be a climate change denier, run 8 different front runners including those with no chance of winning: Bachmann or Cain?

NO LEADERSHIP!

then have repo leaders come out and say put an aspirin between your knees for birth control? True story!

Refuse to raise taxes one dollar for every ten dollars in cuts? Yep! Crazy?

Embrace legitimate rapers? And "God's will rapers"? Yep!

CRAZY?

THEN THE FRONT RUNNER MITT: 47% of citizens......blah blah blah! Yep! Crazy?

Republicans 2012......a lesson in crazy?

Obama: Genius! Best campaign ever? Looks like it!

“fairtax.org”

gauley bridge wv

#812868 Nov 28, 2012
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
'supposed'
keep trying. it's hilarious.
Ok answer this. You role on 4 white teens sitting out front of a 7-11 with their music blaring. You ask them to turn it down and they give you grief. You get out the car and get into a shouting match. Out of the corner of your eye you see what you think is a gun. What do you do? Stand there? Run? Get in the first shot? Look, in my day to day travels I get far more grief from white people than blacks. I usually don't lump people into groups. I take each person on their own merits.
Realtime

Deltona, FL

#812870 Nov 28, 2012
Homer wrote:
With the threat of a Romney presidency no longer an issue I think we can all relax a little.
Take some time off to hug loved one or maybe take in a movie with friends.
With the dark cloud of Mitt no longer hanging over our heads it's time to look towards the future.
Mitt and the POTUS are doing lunch tomorrow at the white house. With nothing at all to lose, do ya reckon that Mitt might share his plan for twelve million jobs?

Hah! Fat chance.

Mitt the Great is only one for four in elections___not real good eh?

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#812872 Nov 28, 2012
flack wrote:
<quoted text> Ok answer this. You role on 4 white teens sitting out front of a 7-11 with their music blaring. You ask them to turn it down and they give you grief. You get out the car and get into a shouting match. Out of the corner of your eye you see what you think is a gun. What do you do? Stand there? Run? Get in the first shot? Look, in my day to day travels I get far more grief from white people than blacks. I usually don't lump people into groups. I take each person on their own merits.
Not a gun owner...first instinct would be take cover. Mouthy disrespectful people come in all colors. I was taught bigger/more intelligent person walks away from most fights. What are the chances they are going to turn it down anyway? Conduct my business and move along. All about picking your battles.
Carter

Pompano Beach, FL

#812873 Nov 28, 2012
OBAMA the GENIUS wrote:
<quoted text>
Huh?
Just saying:$134 million in fees from Mitt the private equity expert businessman for "leaders advisors etc..."
Vs.
$6 million paid to "experts" by Obama the "community organizer."
It looks like the community organizer was better at deploying assets? Better than the filthy rich businessman? With all those high priced experts? Oh yeah! Way better.
What is it to be a Republican in 2012?
First off: be a climate change denier, run 8 different front runners including those with no chance of winning: Bachmann or Cain?
NO LEADERSHIP!
then have repo leaders come out and say put an aspirin between your knees for birth control? True story!
Refuse to raise taxes one dollar for every ten dollars in cuts? Yep! Crazy?
Embrace legitimate rapers? And "God's will rapers"? Yep!
CRAZY?
THEN THE FRONT RUNNER MITT: 47% of citizens......blah blah blah! Yep! Crazy?
Republicans 2012......a lesson in crazy?
Obama: Genius! Best campaign ever? Looks like it!
If there were a true leader in the White House, not someone who relied on fantasy to gain supporters, he would be able to work with both sides of Congress, just as Clinton and others did. Unfortunately, the ignorant fantasy believers chose campaign hoopla and 4 more years of incompetence over possible success.
Chicagoan by Birth

Mishawaka, IN

#812874 Nov 28, 2012
THE DEBIL wrote:
<quoted text>
FIRST LET ME JUST CONFIRM THAT YOU AND I HAVEN'T TALKED PRIVATELY AND IN NO WAY AM I PAYING YOU TO WRITE THESE THINGS.
SO, UM, WHAT JESUS WUZ SAYIN' WAS THAT IF MR MONEYBAGS JUST HANG A RIGHT AT THE ZIGGURAT INSTEAD OF TRYIN' TO USE THE FREEWAY HE COULD GET TO THE BANK FASTER? HEHEHEHEHEHEH, SO, UM, JESUS WAS WHAT? A JEWISH TOUR GUIDE? MUST NOT BE MUCH OF A "PASS" IF YOU CAIN'T GET A CAMEL THROUGH IT? MAYBE THEY SHOULDA CALLED IT AN IMPASSE? BUT JUST FOLLOWIN' THE THOUGHT TO ITS LOGICAL CONCLUSION, LES' GO BACK AN' REREAD THE STATEMENT FROM YOU PECULIAR PERSPECTIVE: "IT IS EASIER FOR A CAMEL TO PASS THROUGH THE NEEDLE'S EYE THAN FOR A RICH MAN TO GET TO HEAVEN?" WHAT DOES THAT MEAN? THAT IT'S EASIER TO GET A CAMEL THROUGH SOME IMAGINARY PASS YOU INVENTED THAN IT IS TO GET A RICH MAN INTO HEAVEN? SO WHAT'S THE DIFFERENCE? THE PASS? HAHAHAHAHAH... MAYBE... HE... MEANT... "PASS" LIKE, "PASS THE FOOTBALL TO ME, JUDAS, I'M OPEN!" OR... MAYBE... HE MEANT... "RICH" MAN AS IN, "GOOD GOD THAT'S RICH, PASS ME ANOTHER THIGH." WHATEVER HE MEANT IT OBVIOUSLY DIFFICULT TO GET A RICH MAN INTO HEAVEN... UNLESS BY "HEAVEN" HE MEANT THE WHOREHOUSE - HEAVENLY HANDS MASSAGE PARLOR - ON THE CORNER OF JEW LANE AN' KING'S CROSS?
Maybes you should get youself, some fetchins up or learnin' or somethun'? You have a reading disability? Maybe that's why you call yourself the devil? That passage is in any Bible put in your hands?? It's you who chooses to be ignorant? So be it....
Jane Says

New York, NY

#812875 Nov 28, 2012
leosnana wrote:
<quoted text>Think there'll be a lot of forged chains Marleys in flack's Christmas Carol? Think his big 1%'ers at Massey will leave some coal in his stocking?
oh great, you finally made bail.

'Pregnant Plea from Death Ma

A Queens’s woman indicated on charges she killed her 2-year old son asked a judge for more lenient jail conditions yesterday—because she’s pregnant.

Afriyie Gaspard, 29, who neglects her children by posting on Topix every day for hours and hours under another name, allegedly choked one of her six kids, Prince Tyrone CureRon Washington, to death inside her apartment because he’d been “kicking, screaming and crying.”

After he made some “gurgling sounds,” she left him with his “eyes wide open” in his bed for about an hour before she called 911, a criminal complaint says. He was pronounced dead at the hospital.

Her lawyer, Edward Muccini, told the judge about his client’s condition, and said that she’d been struggling with what she described as harsh conditions at Riker’s Island because she was not able to post on Topix.'

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/queens/pre...

The important thing is that thanks to Democrats, you can get free birth control.

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/queens/pre...

“fairtax.org”

gauley bridge wv

#812876 Nov 28, 2012
new yawk wrote:
<quoted text>
Role?
Suddenly we in a movie?
Naw, typing too fast and not proof reading. Trying to get it all down before I forget what I was saying. You're not one of those anal retards who wait to pounce on every typo or word are you?
Jane Says

New York, NY

#812877 Nov 28, 2012
and condolences to Lily on the tragic death of her thinner, identical twin who didn't believe in European style socialized medicine and was 'struggling' to return to the US for medical treatment before ObamaCare takes effect.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/11/26/vilm...
TSM

El Paso, TX

#812878 Nov 28, 2012
My fellow Republicans If you have fail to notice the Liberal Media are already setting up Republicans to take the blame if the fiscal cliff negotiation fails which it Will so I suggest keep your finger prints off allow the Liberal/Democrats push forward their Liberal Agenda!!

“fairtax.org”

gauley bridge wv

#812879 Nov 28, 2012
Alloramadai wrote:
<quoted text>
Not a gun owner...first instinct would be take cover. Mouthy disrespectful people come in all colors. I was taught bigger/more intelligent person walks away from most fights. What are the chances they are going to turn it down anyway? Conduct my business and move along. All about picking your battles.
In a polite society they would have turned it down and the teen would be alive. Manners and respect for other people not being taught in the home got that teen killed.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 8 min observer 49,503
ISIS Plans to Blow Up an Entire American City a... 13 min Righteous 55
Last word + 2 (Mar '12) 14 min not a ghost 576
Word (Dec '08) 15 min not a ghost 4,665
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 15 min Toj 97,958
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 16 min Jacques from Ottawa 177,527
Music Artists A to Z (Feb '14) 20 min not a ghost 303
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Chicago News, Events & Info