Barack Obama, our next President

Full story: Hampton Roads Daily Press

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...
Comments
751,241 - 751,260 of 1,095,437 Comments Last updated 2 min ago

Since: May 11

Loysville, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2012

Judged:

sage won wrote:
<quoted text>
Banks are in the business of making money, there were justifiable reasons for denying loans in certain areas. Why didn't all the rich black athletes, singers, rap stars, actors, get together and make loans to their brothers? Some of the rich whiteys could have chipped in too. I'm sure Buffet had a couple of billion to spare.
The lawsuit involved whites getting loans where blacks did not in the same area.

Redlining because of race is racial discrimination

Loysville, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2012

Judged:

sage won wrote:
<quoted text>
Try some honesty, if the repubs wouldn't have passed part D, do you expect us to believe the dems wouldn't have? Since when did not having the cash to pay for something ever stop the dems? What funded the extension of unemployment payments?
Have you seen Obumbles trillion dollar plus deficits?
Who's "funding" those?
The idea behind stimulus action is to pump borrowed money into the economy.

Part D was passed during reasonably good economic times & was not a stimulus action.

The ACA was funded. Part D was not.

Loysville, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2012

Judged:

sage won wrote:
<quoted text>
The wise Bush tried to reign in the criminality going on at F and F :
Bush and McCain each tried to reform Fannie Mae. Democrats ...
americanelephant.wordpress.com/.../bush-and-m... ...
Sep 17, 2008 – September 11, 2003– The Bush Administration today recommended the most significant regulatory overhaul in the housing finance industry ...
Bush Administration Tried to Reform Freddie and Fannie Five Years ...
cnsnews.com › News
Feb 19, 2009 –( CNSNews.com )– Why didn't the Bush administration sound the alarm on the unstable housing market that began to unravel on his watch?
Bush administration repeatedly tried to reform Fannie Mae and ...
www.mcculloughsite.net/.../bush-administratio... ...
Feb 21, 2009 – The fact is that the Bush administration, beginning in 2001, tried a number of times to reform Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac, which were heavily ...
Bawney Frank had a hissy fit, said F and F were just fine, the LSM was complicit in the cover up and Bush dropped it and here we are.
Your arguments aren't persuading me.
Baks did not like Fannie & Freddie as they thought both held an advantage over banks in the marketplace.

They went to their puppet Bush.

This "reform" was not reform at all. It was George Bush trying to take F & F oversight away from Congress & put it in the treasury department i.e. the White House.

My God, if Obama tried a power grab like that, you'd be marching in the streets.

The housing bubble provided a false economic picture that everything was fine & provided additional wealth to prop up the economy.

Loysville, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2012

Judged:

sage won wrote:
<quoted text>
Did you read the article from San Jose state economics dept?
"Although some people erroneous attribute the financial crisis to this mortgage default insurance and/or to securitization, these practices are perfectly legitimate and appropriate for financial markets. The problem arose because Fanny Mae and Freddie Mac were the key institutions in providing mortgage default insurance and in buying subprime mortgages. There were abuses of the derivative instruments that should have been punished by the market but were not because the perpetrators were ultimately bailed out. "
It's all there dave, read it.
http://www.sjsu.edu/faculty/watkins/subprime....
San José State University
Department of Economics
applet-magic.com
Thayer Watkins
Silicon Valley
& Tornado Alley
USA
The Nature and the Origin
of the Subprime Mortgage Crisis
Fannie & Freddie participated along with the other financial institutions in the mortgage security industry.

But they did not cause it.

Loysville, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2012

Judged:

EasyEed wrote:
<quoted text>
"TSM"
Even "real dumb" is bright enough to realize that if Reid brought the 30 + bills passed by the house and sent to the senate were voted on most if not all would pass. That is the last thing he wants to see happen. "real dumb" hates honesty and transparency.
Peace
All bills containing a poison pill. Republicans passed bills they knew would not stand a chance in the Senate.

They had no desire to pass a bill that would pass the Senate & help America.

Loysville, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2012

Judged:

EasyEed wrote:
<quoted text>
"real dumb"
You got that right - the majority voted for a loser, president nobama. And you again you are right, they did not get their jobs back. Thank you democrats, the new norm;
- 8% unemployment
- More deficit spending
- More folks on food stamps
- Declining household incomes
Ypour kind of country. Enjoy!!
Peace
KMA
PS: I can hardly wait, it is not the loser nobama's fault, it is Bush's fault. Your only answer.
Look,the loser is till blaming Obama for the Bush recesson,.

How pathetic.

If there were no Bush recession, none of what you posted would be as it is.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2012

Judged:

RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
How pathetic.
i would say that after getting their asses handed to them in the election, and with what the exit polls had to say about Bush, you're dealing with those who will never change in their insistence of ignoring reality.

i don't even bother anymore. the horse is dead, and as amusing at it is, there's no way they can revive it.
TheIndependentMa jority

East Bernstadt, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2012

Not Surprized wrote:
<quoted text> Rejected Woman Syndrome #11 (And getting even more bizzare...Please don't tell the principal...you just want to watch me getting paddled...LOL)
That kinda stuff requires advance ticketing-CLOSED to the general public.

Bring yer own pitchfork :-).
TheIndependentMa jority

East Bernstadt, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2012

RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
How pathetic.
No duh A Vey-what is PatheTIC, is anyone who called the reccession ANYTHING other than an-

AMERICAN RECCESSION.

Cause it'sot any POTUS's fault---that IDIOTS across America, do not comprehend HOW to live with in their OWN damned means.

For just one day, could yo NOT be suchhhhhhhhhhhha DUHMmy?
TheIndependentMa jority

East Bernstadt, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2012

sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
i would say that after getting their asses handed to them in the election, and with what the exit polls had to say about Bush, you're dealing with those who will never change in their insistence of ignoring reality.
i don't even bother anymore. the horse is dead, and as amusing at it is, there's no way they can revive it.
You shouldn't talk about the POTUS like that---

SHAME on YOU!!!
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2012

The Republican Party's Image Problem—and How to Fix It

As long as extreme candidates like Todd Akin keep winning GOP nominations, more welcoming faces like Scott Brown will always be fighting an uphill battle.

http://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2...
TheIndependentMa jority

East Bernstadt, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2012

RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
All bills containing a poison pill. Republicans passed bills they knew would not stand a chance in the Senate.
They had no desire to pass a bill that would pass the Senate & help America.
Wahwahwahwahbahbahbah....alll repubwicans are baaaaaaaahduh....onweee democrats are gooooDuh...wahwahwahBAHBAHBAH.

Bobbleheaded, bootlicking, lemming herd pack, parrot wormbrain.
GhostofRaygun

Russellville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2012

sage won wrote:
<quoted text>
Pleeeeeeeese, don;t make me laugh, Obamacare is not funded, we're all going to be paying for it in higher taxes. Do you really think Obama is Santa Claus?
Obamacare is a wealth transfer from one group to another.
Who do you believe pays for the 30 million without insurance now that windup in a hospital? You think Santa picks up their bill or everyone else?
TheIndependentMa jority

East Bernstadt, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2012

RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Fannie & Freddie participated along with the other financial institutions in the mortgage security industry.
But they did not cause it.
BTW on that Fanie and freddie thing...CEO's of...

Never mind, it'd probably cause your one wormbrain cell to melt down.

and bleet and Bahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.....
TheIndependentMa jority

East Bernstadt, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2012

sonicfilter wrote:
The Republican Party's Image Problem—and How to Fix It
As long as extreme candidates like Todd Akin keep winning GOP nominations, more welcoming faces like Scott Brown will always be fighting an uphill battle.
http://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2...
In pin up poster sales for sure!!
lol

Loysville, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2012

TheIndependentMajority wrote:
<quoted text>
No duh A Vey-what is PatheTIC, is anyone who called the reccession ANYTHING other than an-
AMERICAN RECCESSION.
Cause it'sot any POTUS's fault---that IDIOTS across America, do not comprehend HOW to live with in their OWN damned means.
For just one day, could yo NOT be suchhhhhhhhhhhha DUHMmy?
So there was never a Carter recession?

Bush's unfunded spending, Bush's unfunded tax cuts, Bush's unfunded wars had nothing to do with it.

Nope.

It was all because some gullible people believed their bank when they said they could afford that mortgage.
TheIndependentMa jority

East Bernstadt, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2012

GhostofRaygun wrote:
<quoted text>Who do you believe pays for the 30 million without insurance now that windup in a hospital? You think Santa picks up their bill or everyone else?
And SOME want NO tax credits?
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2012

Republicans Blast Susan Rice for Misleading Public:“That’s Our Job”

Posted by Andy Borowitz

WASHINGTON (The Borowitz Report)—A trio of Republican senators today blasted U.N. Ambassador Susan Rice for misleading the American public, which, in the words of Sen. Lindsay Graham (R-SC..),“has traditionally been our job.”“Ambassador Rice has been engaged in nonstop lies and double-talk,” said Sen. Graham, one of three Republican senators who had a closed-door meeting with Rice.“If she really wants to do those things so badly, she should run for the U.S. Senate like the rest of us.”

Sen. Kelly Ayotte (R-N.H.) agreed with Sen. Graham’s assessment, saying of the meeting,“I heard Susan Rice spew nothing but half-truths, distortions, and complete fabrications. It felt like I was watching Fox News, except that she’s black.”

The third senator, John McCain (R-Ariz.), said that he found Ambassador Rice’s story profoundly disappointing:“Considering that the C.I.A. was involved, I thought there’d be more sex

Read more: http://www.newyorker.com/online/blogs/borowit...
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2012

Sister Kathryn Lust wrote:
<quoted text>They're just not that into you.
:)
Clever!
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2012

Judged:

yawkie wrote:
As I stated earlier:
And, calling me a stalker after you accused, harassed and stalked RUSH10ME ALL DAY AND NIGHT YESTERDAY. HA! You're a fawkin' joke
Must've been a plastered bastard! LOL!
I sent your stalking posts accusing RUSH10ME of being a murderer into Feedback as well.
You're sick, sick, sick in La Cabeza!
<quoted text>
Rush10 is probably you, you sicko. Waawaaaa, go tell someone who cares.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago
•••