Barack Obama, our next President

Full story: Hampton Roads Daily Press

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...
Comments
751,241 - 751,260 of 1,100,242 Comments Last updated 12 min ago

Since: May 11

Loysville, PA

#812731 Nov 28, 2012
TheIndependentMajority wrote:
<quoted text>
No duh A Vey-what is PatheTIC, is anyone who called the reccession ANYTHING other than an-
AMERICAN RECCESSION.
Cause it'sot any POTUS's fault---that IDIOTS across America, do not comprehend HOW to live with in their OWN damned means.
For just one day, could yo NOT be suchhhhhhhhhhhha DUHMmy?
So there was never a Carter recession?

Bush's unfunded spending, Bush's unfunded tax cuts, Bush's unfunded wars had nothing to do with it.

Nope.

It was all because some gullible people believed their bank when they said they could afford that mortgage.
TheIndependentMa jority

East Bernstadt, KY

#812732 Nov 28, 2012
GhostofRaygun wrote:
<quoted text>Who do you believe pays for the 30 million without insurance now that windup in a hospital? You think Santa picks up their bill or everyone else?
And SOME want NO tax credits?
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#812733 Nov 28, 2012
Republicans Blast Susan Rice for Misleading Public:“That’s Our Job”

Posted by Andy Borowitz

WASHINGTON (The Borowitz Report)—A trio of Republican senators today blasted U.N. Ambassador Susan Rice for misleading the American public, which, in the words of Sen. Lindsay Graham (R-SC..),“has traditionally been our job.”“Ambassador Rice has been engaged in nonstop lies and double-talk,” said Sen. Graham, one of three Republican senators who had a closed-door meeting with Rice.“If she really wants to do those things so badly, she should run for the U.S. Senate like the rest of us.”

Sen. Kelly Ayotte (R-N.H.) agreed with Sen. Graham’s assessment, saying of the meeting,“I heard Susan Rice spew nothing but half-truths, distortions, and complete fabrications. It felt like I was watching Fox News, except that she’s black.”

The third senator, John McCain (R-Ariz.), said that he found Ambassador Rice’s story profoundly disappointing:“Considering that the C.I.A. was involved, I thought there’d be more sex

Read more: http://www.newyorker.com/online/blogs/borowit...
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#812734 Nov 28, 2012
Sister Kathryn Lust wrote:
<quoted text>They're just not that into you.
:)
Clever!
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#812735 Nov 28, 2012
yawkie wrote:
As I stated earlier:
And, calling me a stalker after you accused, harassed and stalked RUSH10ME ALL DAY AND NIGHT YESTERDAY. HA! You're a fawkin' joke
Must've been a plastered bastard! LOL!
I sent your stalking posts accusing RUSH10ME of being a murderer into Feedback as well.
You're sick, sick, sick in La Cabeza!
<quoted text>
Rush10 is probably you, you sicko. Waawaaaa, go tell someone who cares.
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#812736 Nov 28, 2012
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Most of the Jews who post here prefer the Palestinians over Israel, and the blacks hate all Jews.
Jewish Democrats are suicidal.
75% of American Jews are Democrats; most moderate Jews realize that the Palestinians must have their own state if there is ever to be peace.
You are an idiot who knows nothing.
The only group who hates blacks, Jews, hispanics, gays, women, veterans, are Republicans. The angry old white guy party, whining and stamping their feet because they're not getting their way anymore. Get over yourselves, the world has changed.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#812737 Nov 28, 2012
The GOP's Problem With Young Voters Is Only Getting Worse

Many 18-29 year old voters became politically aware during the Bush years, and it might be difficult for the GOP to erase their memories of the formative political battles that shaped their political identity and perceptions of the two parties. At the very least, the GOP cannot re-litigate the cultural issues that defined the last four presidential elections and again divide the electorate along utterly predictable lines for a fifth consecutive election. Perhaps the GOP can cast losing issues aside and find new issues that divide young voters along more favorable lines, as even Tea Party-favorite Rand Paul seems to be suggesting about gay marriage and marijuana. Historically, elections following two-plus terms of consecutive control of the presidency by the same party have offered the out-party their best opportunities to make adjustments and redraw the battle-lines on more favorable terms, as Bill Clinton did in 1992 and George W. Bush in 2000. That makes 2016 a critical opportunity for Republicans, and passing on it isn't optional. The GOP cannot afford many more years worth of 18 year old voters entering the electorate and voting for Democrats by a 24 point margin.

http://www.tnr.com/blog/electionate/110374/th...
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#812739 Nov 28, 2012
The proposal to raise taxes on those earning more than $250,000 annually — one of President Obama's central campaign pitches — continues to be popular among a large majority of Americans, according to the latest ABC News/Washington Post poll out Wednesday.

Sixty percent of those surveyed support the proposal, compared with just 37 percent who are opposed. The debate over raising taxes on the high-income earners was one of the defining issues of the 2012 campaign, although polls have consistently shown broad support for the proposal backed by Obama and the Democrats.

Meanwhile, an even larger portion of Americans — 67 percent — are opposed to raising the age for Medicare coverage from 65 to 67. Some Republicans such as Sen. Bob Corker (R-TN) have suggested raising the Medicare eligibility age as part of their proposal to avoid the so-called "fiscal cliff."

http://livewire.talkingpointsmemo.com/entry/p...
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#812740 Nov 28, 2012
A 14-year-old girl charged with killing her newborn baby will be tried as an adult in court.

Cassidy Goodson was indicted by a grand jury on Thursday, according to the Lakeland Ledger.

Authorities say that on September 19, Goodson gave birth to her son in a Lakeland, Fla. bathroom, then strangled the baby. When asked why she killed her child, Goodson allegedly told authorities she "didn't know what to do with it." She had reportedly tried to hide her pregnancy using baggy clothes.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/10/05/cass...

(14 is not an adult, she is a child)
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#812741 Nov 28, 2012
Michael Dunn, a 45-year-old Florida resident is invoking the controversial law after a recent confrontation turned fatal, The Orlando Sentinel reports.

According to authorities, 17-year-old Jordan Russell Davis, a black teenager, and several other friends were confronted by Dunn, a white man, who pulled alongside the teens' SUV in the parking lot of a Jacksonville, Fla., gas station. Dunn asked them to turn their music down, and after an exchange of words, he fired between 8 and 9 shots at the vehicle, several of which hit Davis, causing his death.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/11/27/loud...

(This looks like Dunn was the instigator)
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#812742 Nov 28, 2012
ADT, which recently spun off from Tyco International into a separate, public company, said it will make a jobs announcement this afternoon at its corporate headquarters in Boca Raton.

The security company was offered a $1.6 million incentive package to remain in Boca Raton and create at least 120 jobs. Palm Beach County approved a $184,00 job growth incentive grant as part of the package.

In 2010, ADT was offered $1.3 million in incentives to invest in a new North American corporate headquarters at 1501 Yamato Road in Boca Raton.
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#812743 Nov 28, 2012
Rep. Tom Cole (R-Okla.) on Tuesday pressed his fellow Republicans to go along with President Barack Obama's plan to raise taxes on the wealthiest Americans for the time being in order to avoid the so-called "fiscal cliff."

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/11/27/tom-...
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#812745 Nov 28, 2012
ANNA LINGUS wrote:
So, this means only roaches and republicans will be left on Earth. You get to have it their way after all? Hunting roaches ain't no fun, I don't imagine, although they are nice and crunchy, but offer a bit of a firm resistance to your dentures ...
Did you know that lobsters are from the roach family?
Nightchalker

Lansing, MI

#812748 Nov 28, 2012
the_rac_on_teur wrote:
<quoted text>
read this...
pay my share then...
I don't want to own you, you're used.
Nightchalker

Lansing, MI

#812749 Nov 28, 2012
ANNAL LINGUS wrote:
Just got a flash of old, dying, oxygen-starved republicans flogging those big Florida roaches into their toothless mouths, after briefly attempting to saute them over a cigarette lighter in their underground bunker ...
Love in your heart, that's what YOU got!

eh?

Must be a democrat!
ra_con_teur

Oklahoma City, OK

#812750 Nov 28, 2012
From the Evil Conservatives and their 'war on women' file...

"...conservative Ingraham is the most-listened to woman on radio, with an estimated 5.75 million listeners a week. Talkers said that ranks her among the top eight radio hosts overall."

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/U/US_PEO...
ra_con_teur

Oklahoma City, OK

#812752 Nov 28, 2012
Nightchalker wrote:
<quoted text>I don't want to own you, you're used.
stick to something you are good at...

boinking donkeys and smoking dope...
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#812753 Nov 28, 2012
ANNA LINGUS wrote:
Well, they're gonna get "pressed" to do something, but it likely won't have much to do with Obama ... remember the "goof balls" in Sirens of Titan? No, not you,'tards -- I know you don't.
"The big trouble with dumb bastards is that they are too dumb to believe there is such a thing as being smart."

“On Deck”

Since: Aug 08

French Polynesia

#812754 Nov 28, 2012
Lily,
The Hamas charter clearly calls for the total annihalation of Israel.

Did you know that word Palestine comes from the Latin lexicon?
LOL
ra_con_teur

Oklahoma City, OK

#812756 Nov 28, 2012
From the 'your (bush) guy sucked during Katrina and our guy (obama) was awesome during Sandy department'...

"800 NYC Apartment Buildings Still Lack Heat After Sandy"

http://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/local/Sandy-He...

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 10 min gcaveman1 46,318
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 11 min Dale 177,395
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 21 min edogxxx 97,935
Abby 8-30 23 min edogxxx 1
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 24 min Jonah1 49,505
Amy 8-30 28 min edogxxx 1
Putin warns enemies of Russia: 'It's best not t... 1 hr I like Putin 1
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••