Barack Obama, our next President

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ... Full Story
Impeach Obama

Virginia Beach, VA

#812702 Nov 28, 2012
EasyEed wrote:
<quoted text>
"carol"
Save your breath. "real dumb" is not into facts, he is into left wing propaganda. He is a firm believer that the government should be in control, that they should determine where you have to purchase your health insurance, that those who are successful and work hard and produce should take care of those with their hands out. For crying out loud "real dumb" doesn't hit the head without the okay of his messiah, president nobama.
Peace
DumbDave's hoping that Obama will give him a Presidential pardon so he can finally get off the sex offender registry. Clinton turned him down. After reviewing the charges Clinton was reported as saying, "Damn, this pervo even makes ME look like a Boy Scout!
Impeach Obama

Virginia Beach, VA

#812706 Nov 28, 2012
Breaking News: A Florida man, Michael Dunn, has shot and killed a 17-year-old African-American male. Dunn, a 45-year-old self-described gun enthusiast, fired several rounds at a black SUV after being threatened with a sawed-off shotgun. One of the group of four African-American youths aimed the gun at him after he requested that they turn their loud music down. He's being held without custody and is invoking his right to self-defense under Florida's "Stand Your Ground" law.

Since: May 11

Loysville, PA

#812707 Nov 28, 2012
Impeach Obama wrote:
<quoted text>Where simply voted "present" over 123 times on economic policy issues.
Liar. Obama voted present 129 times. Total

These were typically on bills put up for political reasons.

So no, he did not vote present 123 times on economic policy issues.

As Senator in both the State & federal, Obama gained experience dealing with fiscal matters which was my point.
Impeach Obama

Virginia Beach, VA

#812708 Nov 28, 2012
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
This should be a subject for US law, not an international treaty.
Any "human rights treaty" supported by China must be a joke. Or do you support limiting couples to one child and aborting female fetuses?
Actually, that might be a good policy in America's ghetto-rat communities.
Impeach Obama

Virginia Beach, VA

#812709 Nov 28, 2012
Impeach Obama wrote:
Breaking News: A Florida man, Michael Dunn, has shot and killed a 17-year-old African-American male. Dunn, a 45-year-old self-described gun enthusiast, fired several rounds at a black SUV after being threatened with a sawed-off shotgun. One of the group of four African-American youths aimed the gun at him after he requested that they turn their loud music down. He's being held without custody and is invoking his right to self-defense under Florida's "Stand Your Ground" law.
Let me try to guess what really happened. Four armed ghetto-rat gang-bangers pulled up next to him wile blasting the popular rap song "Slappin' da ho" on their 1,000w stereo. He yelled, "Will you turn that down?" They responded with, "F'k you motherf'ker, we'll f'k you up motherf'ker" and pointed a stolen sawed-off 12 guage at him. He unloaded his .45 ACP on them, striking one. They ran like the cowards they really are. After stashing the illegal gun and their drugs at the gang's safehouse, they reported the incident to police. The dead guys welfare mammy told reporters, "Why dat man he shoot my baby? He a good baby! Of all my nine babies, he was da best!" Al Sharpton is expected to organize a riot later this week.

Loysville, PA

#812710 Nov 28, 2012
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
Bet you didn't know this:
A number of parties have made reservations and interpretative declarations to their application of the UN's Convention on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities.
Australia does not consider itself bound to stop forcibly medicating those labeled mentally ill.
El Salvador accepts the Convention to the extent that it is compatible with its constitution.
Malta interprets the right to health in Article 25 of the Convention as not implying any right to abortion. It also reserves the right to continue to apply its own election laws around accessibility and assistance.
Mauritius does not consider itself bound by the Article 11 obligation to take all necessary measures to protect people with disabilities during natural disasters, armed conflict or humanitarian emergencies, unless permitted by domestic legislation.
The Netherlands interprets the right to life in Article 10 within the framework of its domestic laws. It also interprets Article 25(f), which bars the discriminatory denial of health care, as permitting a person to refuse medical treatment, including food or fluids.
Poland interprets Articles 23 and 25 as not conferring any right to abortion.
The United Kingdom has reservations relating to the right to education, immigration, service in the armed forces and an aspect of social security law.
------
Senate ratification of a treaty makes it the “supreme law of the land”. The CRPD would lead to unelected bureaucrats making decisions about “the best interest of the child.”
The Vatican has already refused to sign the treaty on the grounds that it may be used to promote abortion.
We already have laws in the U.S. protecting the rights of the disabled. We don't need a corrupt UN overriding our laws.
The purpose of the treaty is not to alter what is being done in the US but rather get other countries on board with what we do.

We have a legal principle that says no treaty can override the Constitution or U.S. laws.

http://www.westernjournalism.com/why-obama-ba...

Carol, you are being duped by those using these UN treaties, whether this one or the arms one, to fire up the uninformed right.

Before you run screaming through the streets, read up on treaties & our laws. From reliable sources not your Beckian sources that you usually read.
Impeach Obama

Virginia Beach, VA

#812711 Nov 28, 2012
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Liar. Obama voted present 129 times. Total
These were typically on bills put up for political reasons.
So no, he did not vote present 123 times on economic policy issues.
As Senator in both the State & federal, Obama gained experience dealing with fiscal matters which was my point.
Isn't one of the conditions of your parole not to have access to the Internet?

Loysville, PA

#812712 Nov 28, 2012
sage won wrote:
<quoted text>
I'll presume you're not planning on having any of your acquired wealth "redistributed".
You prove my point. You have no clue what "redistribution of wealth" means.

What a idiot.

Loysville, PA

#812713 Nov 28, 2012
EasyEed wrote:
<quoted text>
"carol"
Save your breath. "real dumb" is not into facts, he is into left wing propaganda. He is a firm believer that the government should be in control, that they should determine where you have to purchase your health insurance, that those who are successful and work hard and produce should take care of those with their hands out. For crying out loud "real dumb" doesn't hit the head without the okay of his messiah, president nobama.
Peace
Wow, still spreading that lie.

You an purchase your health insurance where ever you want. There is no law that says where to have to buy it.

That makes you a liar.

As usual.

Loysville, PA

#812714 Nov 28, 2012
sage won wrote:
<quoted text>
Pleeeeeeeese, don;t make me laugh, Obamacare is not funded, we're all going to be paying for it in higher taxes. Do you really think Obama is Santa Claus?
Obamacare is a wealth transfer from one group to another.
Funded means there is revenue generated to pay for it.

You dumbass.

Loysville, PA

#812715 Nov 28, 2012
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
According to ImaginaryDave and his herd, anyone who starts and runs a business is a crook. Furthermore, the Boy Messiah is the one who will punish those crooks - except for those who are his campaign financing buddies.
It is a Fairy Tale world of Dragons, Dark Warlords and Kenyan Princes.
Just the ones that discriminate. I understand that you right whiners believe discrimination should e made legal but I have news, it is against the law.

Loysville, PA

#812716 Nov 28, 2012
sage won wrote:
<quoted text>
Banks are in the business of making money, there were justifiable reasons for denying loans in certain areas. Why didn't all the rich black athletes, singers, rap stars, actors, get together and make loans to their brothers? Some of the rich whiteys could have chipped in too. I'm sure Buffet had a couple of billion to spare.
The lawsuit involved whites getting loans where blacks did not in the same area.

Redlining because of race is racial discrimination

Loysville, PA

#812717 Nov 28, 2012
sage won wrote:
<quoted text>
Try some honesty, if the repubs wouldn't have passed part D, do you expect us to believe the dems wouldn't have? Since when did not having the cash to pay for something ever stop the dems? What funded the extension of unemployment payments?
Have you seen Obumbles trillion dollar plus deficits?
Who's "funding" those?
The idea behind stimulus action is to pump borrowed money into the economy.

Part D was passed during reasonably good economic times & was not a stimulus action.

The ACA was funded. Part D was not.

Loysville, PA

#812718 Nov 28, 2012
sage won wrote:
<quoted text>
The wise Bush tried to reign in the criminality going on at F and F :
Bush and McCain each tried to reform Fannie Mae. Democrats ...
americanelephant.wordpress.com/.../bush-and-m... ...
Sep 17, 2008 – September 11, 2003– The Bush Administration today recommended the most significant regulatory overhaul in the housing finance industry ...
Bush Administration Tried to Reform Freddie and Fannie Five Years ...
cnsnews.com › News
Feb 19, 2009 –( CNSNews.com )– Why didn't the Bush administration sound the alarm on the unstable housing market that began to unravel on his watch?
Bush administration repeatedly tried to reform Fannie Mae and ...
www.mcculloughsite.net/.../bush-administratio... ...
Feb 21, 2009 – The fact is that the Bush administration, beginning in 2001, tried a number of times to reform Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac, which were heavily ...
Bawney Frank had a hissy fit, said F and F were just fine, the LSM was complicit in the cover up and Bush dropped it and here we are.
Your arguments aren't persuading me.
Baks did not like Fannie & Freddie as they thought both held an advantage over banks in the marketplace.

They went to their puppet Bush.

This "reform" was not reform at all. It was George Bush trying to take F & F oversight away from Congress & put it in the treasury department i.e. the White House.

My God, if Obama tried a power grab like that, you'd be marching in the streets.

The housing bubble provided a false economic picture that everything was fine & provided additional wealth to prop up the economy.

Loysville, PA

#812719 Nov 28, 2012
sage won wrote:
<quoted text>
Did you read the article from San Jose state economics dept?
"Although some people erroneous attribute the financial crisis to this mortgage default insurance and/or to securitization, these practices are perfectly legitimate and appropriate for financial markets. The problem arose because Fanny Mae and Freddie Mac were the key institutions in providing mortgage default insurance and in buying subprime mortgages. There were abuses of the derivative instruments that should have been punished by the market but were not because the perpetrators were ultimately bailed out. "
It's all there dave, read it.
http://www.sjsu.edu/faculty/watkins/subprime....
San José State University
Department of Economics
applet-magic.com
Thayer Watkins
Silicon Valley
& Tornado Alley
USA
The Nature and the Origin
of the Subprime Mortgage Crisis
Fannie & Freddie participated along with the other financial institutions in the mortgage security industry.

But they did not cause it.

Loysville, PA

#812720 Nov 28, 2012
EasyEed wrote:
<quoted text>
"TSM"
Even "real dumb" is bright enough to realize that if Reid brought the 30 + bills passed by the house and sent to the senate were voted on most if not all would pass. That is the last thing he wants to see happen. "real dumb" hates honesty and transparency.
Peace
All bills containing a poison pill. Republicans passed bills they knew would not stand a chance in the Senate.

They had no desire to pass a bill that would pass the Senate & help America.

Loysville, PA

#812721 Nov 28, 2012
EasyEed wrote:
<quoted text>
"real dumb"
You got that right - the majority voted for a loser, president nobama. And you again you are right, they did not get their jobs back. Thank you democrats, the new norm;
- 8% unemployment
- More deficit spending
- More folks on food stamps
- Declining household incomes
Ypour kind of country. Enjoy!!
Peace
KMA
PS: I can hardly wait, it is not the loser nobama's fault, it is Bush's fault. Your only answer.
Look,the loser is till blaming Obama for the Bush recesson,.

How pathetic.

If there were no Bush recession, none of what you posted would be as it is.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#812722 Nov 28, 2012
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
How pathetic.
i would say that after getting their asses handed to them in the election, and with what the exit polls had to say about Bush, you're dealing with those who will never change in their insistence of ignoring reality.

i don't even bother anymore. the horse is dead, and as amusing at it is, there's no way they can revive it.
TheIndependentMa jority

East Bernstadt, KY

#812723 Nov 28, 2012
Not Surprized wrote:
<quoted text> Rejected Woman Syndrome #11 (And getting even more bizzare...Please don't tell the principal...you just want to watch me getting paddled...LOL)
That kinda stuff requires advance ticketing-CLOSED to the general public.

Bring yer own pitchfork :-).
TheIndependentMa jority

East Bernstadt, KY

#812724 Nov 28, 2012
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
How pathetic.
No duh A Vey-what is PatheTIC, is anyone who called the reccession ANYTHING other than an-

AMERICAN RECCESSION.

Cause it'sot any POTUS's fault---that IDIOTS across America, do not comprehend HOW to live with in their OWN damned means.

For just one day, could yo NOT be suchhhhhhhhhhhha DUHMmy?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 14 min Rogue Scholar 05 179,304
Hanover Park Teen Charged In Weekend Stabbing (Jun '09) 20 min RIP Jahziel 44
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 28 min Frijoles 70,032
Abby 10-22 30 min PEllen 6
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 48 min Belle Sexton 50,609
Abby 10-20 51 min Mister Tonka 21
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 1 hr David 98,501
Chicago Dating
Find my Match

Chicago Jobs

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]