Barack Obama, our next President

Full story: Hampton Roads Daily Press

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...
Comments
751,061 - 751,080 of 1,099,241 Comments Last updated 2 min ago
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 27, 2012

Judged:

carol wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm convinced your problem is plain and simple ignorance. Either that or you believe what any leftwing propaganda source tells you.
A petition was signed by almost 9,000 parents of children with disabilities against the UN's CRPD.
The petition states, "As the parent or family member of a person with disabilities, or as one who lives with a disability, I join with Joni and Friends in urging the United States Senate to reject ratification of the United Nations' Convention on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities. This treaty threatens the traditional right of parents to direct the upbringing, education, and care of their children, especially if those children live with disabilities, and it limits the ability of the U.S. Congress to make laws for Americans."
Michael Farris, founder and chairman of the Home School Legal Defense Association, highlights the concerns of parents across the country.
"We all want to show our love and care for people with disabilities," Farris said. "But all of the rights that parents have under traditional American law, especially the Americans with Disabilities Act and the Individuals with Disabilities Education Act, will be undermined by this treaty. The United States is a leader in rights for persons with disabilities because we have stuck to the policy of Americans making law for Americans, and that principle should not be undermined."
http://canadafreepress.com/index.php/article/...
As always, RealDave, knowledge is power.
Right wing site ignoring the reality. Try this.

"I have long advocated on behalf of equal access and non-discrimination for all Americans, including our veterans and today’s disabled soldiers returning home from serving their nation in war," Sen. John McCain (R-Ariz.) said in a statement.

"I support U.S. ratification of the disability treaty, as it seeks to advance these same fundamental values of equality and human dignity around the world."

The CRPD takes cues from the landmark Americans with Disabilities Act, which enacted vast protections for the disabled against discrimination in employment, public accommodations and other areas.

The convention currently has 112 ratifications and 153 signatories, according to the UN.

Senators taking part in Friday's announcement were: McCain, Dick Durbin (D-Ill.), Jerry Moran (R-Kan.), Tom Harkin (D-Iowa), John Barrasso (R-Wyo.), Chris Coons (D-Del.) and Tom Udall (D-N.M.)

http://thehill.com/blogs/healthwatch/other/22...

You really should stay away from those fringe sites. Especially one that the birthers like to use.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 27, 2012

Judged:

Dane Thorsen wrote:
<quoted text>
HUH? Obama's Benghazi Murders are hardly qualify as "foreign policy" experience to most decent Americans.
So how is that whole 'scandal' working out for you nutjobs?

Didn't effect the election? Imagine that. Another FOX election fail.
carol

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 27, 2012

Judged:

Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>And Rick has also announced that he's considering another run for POTUS in 2016.
That wart needs to check out depressionstudies.com
So does poster Carol.
It might help if you educated yourself.

9000 parents of disabled children have signed the petition against the UN's attempt to usurp parents' rights over their own disabled children. And threatening the U.S. laws already in place protecting the rights of the disabled.

But, I forget. You WANT the UN to have sovreignty over the United States.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 27, 2012

Judged:

Benghazi Gate Deflates as Republicans Abandon Fox and Grasp Reality

http://www.politicususa.com/benghazi-gate-def...

“It's all about the struggle”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 27, 2012

Judged:

GhostofRaygun wrote:
<quoted text>Texas also has the most % of workers at only minimum wage. Hard to have anything at $15,000.00 per year income.
It's changing.

http://articles.latimes.com/2011/mar/10/busin...

Many businesses are relocating to Texas to elude California's stricter environmental law and taxes. Too bad Texas will be keep getting more illegals too. It'll end up in just as much economic trouble as California has, plus increased pollution.
Realtime

Deltona, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 27, 2012

Judged:

Dane Thorsen wrote:
<quoted text>
HUH? Obama's Benghazi Murders are hardly qualify as "foreign policy" experience to most decent Americans.
Who did Obama murder?

Was it Ty Woods, a highly paid soldier of fortune who was operating in a CIA secret war in Libya?

Was it Glen Doherty who was earning big bucks working as hired gun based in Tripoli and being paid by who the fk knows?

Was it Sean Smith a supposed State Dept data manager who's office was in Tripoli but just happened to be in Benghazi?

Or Chris Stephens, the ambassador who was in Benghazi for unknown reasons__does anyone find it strange that no one has explained why Stephens was in Benghazi without his security detail???

Fk the details eh? Let's just beat the sht out of Susan Rice!
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 27, 2012

Judged:

carol wrote:
<quoted text>
9000 parents of disabled children have signed the petition against the UN's attempt to usurp parents' rights over their own disabled children. And threatening the U.S. laws already in place protecting the rights of the disabled.
GOP may hurt rights for the disabled

President-unelect Rick Santorum made his triumphant return to the Capitol on Monday afternoon and took up a brave new cause: He is opposing disabled people.

Specifically, Santorum, joined by Sen. Mike Lee, R-Utah, declared his wish that the Senate reject the U.N. Convention on the Rights of Persons With Disabilities -- a human rights treaty negotiated during George W. Bush's administration and ratified by 126 nations, including China, Russia, Iran, Cuba, Syria and Saudi Arabia.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/opinion/v...

See? We can blame Bush for another 'screwup'.
carol

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 27, 2012

Judged:

sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
Right wing site ignoring the reality. Try this.
"I have long advocated on behalf of equal access and non-discrimination for all Americans, including our veterans and today’s disabled soldiers returning home from serving their nation in war," Sen. John McCain (R-Ariz.) said in a statement.
"I support U.S. ratification of the disability treaty, as it seeks to advance these same fundamental values of equality and human dignity around the world."
The CRPD takes cues from the landmark Americans with Disabilities Act, which enacted vast protections for the disabled against discrimination in employment, public accommodations and other areas.
The convention currently has 112 ratifications and 153 signatories, according to the UN.
Senators taking part in Friday's announcement were: McCain, Dick Durbin (D-Ill.), Jerry Moran (R-Kan.), Tom Harkin (D-Iowa), John Barrasso (R-Wyo.), Chris Coons (D-Del.) and Tom Udall (D-N.M.)
http://thehill.com/blogs/healthwatch/other/22...
You really should stay away from those fringe sites. Especially one that the birthers like to use.
As someone named Semby said in the comments following this article, "I don't think the US should support any UN treaty. We live by our own laws; not the UN. The UN is a disgraceful, corrupt organization, what is going on?"

What's going on, indeed.

Someone named JFKdemocrat commented, "We certainly don't need treaties that trump our constitution. No legislator of any party should be talking about ceding any US sovereignty, period."

I agree. Give the UN an inch and they will take a mile. Let the UN get its toe in the door and they will swing it wide open.

You get the picture.
Realtime

Deltona, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 27, 2012

Judged:

carol wrote:
<quoted text>
Please provide a link to the United Nations attempt to usurp the rights of US parents over their disabled children.

9,000 is way low__maybe you should just go ahead and provide a link to the actual petition eh?

I'll be waiting Carol__DO NOT disappoint me again.
Cardinal of the Kremlin

Bronx, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 27, 2012

Latest accuser is third in two weeks against 52-year-old Sesame Street puppeteer Kevin Clash
Alleged victim - a male model now aged 29 - claims to have met with Clash as teen over several years for sexual activity in his 'gorgeous condo' in New York
Claims to have nicknamed him Mr Tickler and 'game we played was father and son'
Accuser says:'I pray that Kevin seeks help because underneath these sexual demons is an incredible guy'
Lawyer claims Clash visited his client a week before the scandal broke
Spokesman for Clash says the allegations 'have no merit'
The FIRST OUT THE CLOSET GAY PRESIDENT HAD TO BE BLACK HEY BARAK HOW YOU DOING BIG BIRD
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 27, 2012

Judged:

carol wrote:
<quoted text>
As someone named Semby said in the comments following this article, "I don't think the US should support any UN treaty. We live by our own laws; not the UN. The UN is a disgraceful, corrupt organization, what is going on?"
What's going on, indeed.
Someone named JFKdemocrat commented, "We certainly don't need treaties that trump our constitution. No legislator of any party should be talking about ceding any US sovereignty, period."
I agree. Give the UN an inch and they will take a mile. Let the UN get its toe in the door and they will swing it wide open.
You get the picture.
Oh I get the picture. Do you?

President Bush supporting global communist domination

President George Bush, addressing the General Assembly of the United Nations, Feb. 1, 1992:

It is the sacred principles enshrined in the United Nations charter to which the American people will henceforth pledge their allegiance.

The son now carries forward the work of the father.

http://www.wnd.com/2005/01/28360/

So let's see....so it's only nutjob FOXbots, or WND idiots, who even worry about that which is of no consequence to most people. But I know how you 'smart' folks just love to stick you noses into that that really doesn't even effect you.

So how did that work out in the election? More FOX failure?
Lincoln Duncan

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 27, 2012

Judged:

lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't worry, once we've busted him enough times, he'll have a total meltdown of incoherent rage filled with racism and swears. Keep up the pressure.
Republicans seem such sore losers that it is amusing.

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 27, 2012

sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
So how is that whole 'scandal' working out for you nutjobs?
Didn't effect the election? Imagine that. Another FOX election fail.
they just wished it away and it worked....amazing!
Lincoln Duncan

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 27, 2012

Judged:

carol wrote:
<quoted text>
What's going on, indeed.
You get the picture.
Tea Party handed the Democratic party victory.
Thanks for all your posts!
Da Man

Silver Spring, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 27, 2012

Judged:

All Hail Obama! FOUR MORE YEARS! Eat that, Grover!
Da Man

Silver Spring, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 27, 2012

Judged:

Carol needs to take her anti-psychotic meds...
Lincoln Duncan wrote:
<quoted text>
Tea Party handed the Democratic party victory.
Thanks for all your posts!

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 27, 2012

Judged:

Ex-Republicans claim Fla. GOP suppressed Democratic vote

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/ticket/ex-republi...
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 27, 2012

Judged:

Nude Protesters Arrested After Swarming Speaker Boehner’s Office

http://tpmdc.talkingpointsmemo.com/2012/11/nu...

pun anyone?
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 27, 2012

Judged:

almost as good...

Republicans Look To Split The Baby On Norquist’s Pledge

http://tpmdc.talkingpointsmemo.com/2012/11/no...

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 27, 2012

Judged:

sonicfilter wrote:
Nude Protesters Arrested After Swarming Speaker Boehner’s Office
http://tpmdc.talkingpointsmemo.com/2012/11/nu...
pun anyone?
http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-25 0_162-57555060/nude-aids-activ ists-arrested-in-boehners-offi ce/

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 3 min Jacques from Ottawa 177,267
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 57 min mahz 49,400
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 1 hr voice of peace 68,337
HKN Record Label Need UpComing Artist Call_0805... 2 hr Mr Micheal 1
HKN Record Label Need UpComing Artist Call_0805... 3 hr Mr Peter 1
Double Word Game (Dec '11) 4 hr andet1987 1,448
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 4 hr litesong 46,275
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 9 hr j_m_w 97,897
•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••