Barack Obama, our next President

Full story: Hampton Roads Daily Press

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...
Comments
750,961 - 750,980 of 1,084,930 Comments Last updated 2 min ago
carol

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 27, 2012

Judged:

RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Entitlements include SS, Medicare,Medicaid, Veterans benefits, etc.
They are not talking about cutting fraud & efficiencies.
There is no Strangling of small business Carol. Really.
Obama saved 716 billion in Medicare & you right whiners ran screaming through the streets how he gutted Medicare. Now you want savings. Why would any politician save money when assholes like you will claim how they "gutted" a program?
You are bitching about yourself & your own party.
Obama never gutted medicare, his planned saved money from it. You might not like what he did with the savings but the savings were legitimate reforms that saved money while increasing benefits.
Two states came to Obama for ideas how to get more people off welfare. Their planned called for relaxing the work requirement in some instances. Obama said that if they can show how this works, they would agree to relaxing that requirement but if they did not prove it within two years, it would go back.
Your dream, Carol. Improve Welfare. What did you & your cohorts do? Run screaming through the streets how Obama gutted the work requirement for welfare.
So here you are are saying how we need improvements but when these were made you lied & had a fit. Now you call politicians chicken. Because of assholes like you who ran screaming through the streets calling their actions gutting programs because Democrats did them.
Social Security and Medicare is as much as bankrupt. Reform is a must.

Veterans' benefits should be left alone.

Four major restaurant chains, Pier 1 Import, Wal-Green's, Apple and PaPa Johns are just a few of the other major store chains who have already cut back their employees' hours to avoid having to pay for benefits. Many more are sure to follow.

Store chains like Barnes and Nobles are letting people go or cutting back on hours as well even though they still provide benefits to part-time employees.

Even that will change soon enough, pretty sure.

This is the environment you helped to create. Now you have to own it.
THE DEBIL

Washington, DC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 27, 2012

Judged:

Mike R wrote:
<quoted text>I think we should ney could be first.
It is time to get rid of millis be enough to let millionaires know how much we despise them? I’m afraid not.
When the recession first hit, we knewhat milliy use dark tricks like “saving” and “investing” to make their money grow to unnatural levels. It’s time someone put a es, they’ve already taken all the good jobs, which is way.
How many times have you or Homer applied to be a CEO to find that the position has already been filled by some millionaire?
And then they come into our neighborhosmall bank accounts.
And the worst thing is knowing where millionaires got all their money: They took it from us! Millionaires create but find new ways to scam us out of our money.o needing things like indoor plumbing, electricity, cars, TVs and computers -- just so they could get more of our money. To affery.
HARD TO ARGUE, HARD TO ARGUE. DEBIL GUESS IT LIKE JESUS SAY: "IT BE EASIER TO STUFF A CAMEL'S ASS THROUGH THE EYE OF A NEEDLE THAN FOR THE RICH MAN TO ENTER HEAVEN." SO, UM, IN LIGHT OF THIS TRUISM, WHERE'S THAT LEAVE HIM? HEHEHEHEHEHEHEH... RIGHT YOU IS, WITH ME!
carol

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 27, 2012

Judged:

Jimmy wrote:
<quoted text>
Good post Carol. Obama doesn't have a plan, unless us becoming Greece is a "plan". His elimination of the tax cuts will pay for 8 days so obviously this is not a plan. We are in for another abysmal four years thanks to irrosponsible people who call themselves Democrats.
The obvious is sometimes the most difficult to see.

Taxing the wealthy to pay for even more government spending without a plan to cut back or reform entitlement programs which are off the charts compared to other government discretionary spending is a disaster in the making.

Some simply can't see the obvious. Or choose to ignore it on purpose.
carol

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 27, 2012

Judged:

Chicagoan by Birth wrote:
<quoted text> Carol you know better than to ask Homer that question? He will hire them to weed his garden, in Amish country?? After all they can't use mechanized farm implements?? Ain't that right, Homer??
I noticed he didn't answer my question. He must've had something important to do.
THE DEBIL

Washington, DC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 27, 2012

Judged:

nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>The White House is what my grandmother would call "a den of iniquity". There is no one there I would care to call "friend".
THIS THE SAME GIRL USED TO SIT ON YOU GRANDDADDY'S FACE AND GRIND HER HAIRY ASS DOWN ONTO IT, YELLIN', "EAT ME, OLE! EAT ME LIKE A GREASY EEL!" WHAT? YOU THINK A STORK BROUGHT YOU OR WUZ YOU ONE OF THOSE CABBAGE PATCH KIDS?

Since: May 11

Fayetteville, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 27, 2012

Judged:

flack wrote:
<quoted text> Hey Dave where does that money come from to help the needy? Not from poor people. The government has to take it from someone before they can give it to someone. Why not cut out the middle man and let the wealthy get to keep and invest that money creating more jobs so the poor people can earn a paycheck and improve their own lot in life? Or are you one of those loony libtards that think the rich keep all their money in a vault in the basement? No need to answer I know the answer.
There you go again. The evil government taking your money.

So you think that all invested money create jobs here in the US?

If I buy shares of Apple from my broker, I have news, Apple doesn't get squat. I bought shares that someone or some entity owned. I didn't create jobs.

Evidently you are still thinking that by handing companies money they create jobs.

They create jobs when they have have a demand for increased products & services.

You think handing the CEO of Sears a tax cut on his person income tax, that he will run out & hire more people or perhaps buy a new TV or car.

We would do better helping real small business. Companies making over $250k in profits don't need our help.

Allow the Bush tax cuts on the wealthy expire. Return the rates on Capital gains & dividends to where they were.

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 27, 2012

Judged:

carol wrote:
<quoted text>
Social Security and Medicare is as much as bankrupt. Reform is a must.
Veterans' benefits should be left alone.
Four major restaurant chains, Pier 1 Import, Wal-Green's, Apple and PaPa Johns are just a few of the other major store chains who have already cut back their employees' hours to avoid having to pay for benefits. Many more are sure to follow.
Store chains like Barnes and Nobles are letting people go or cutting back on hours as well even though they still provide benefits to part-time employees.
Even that will change soon enough, pretty sure.
This is the environment you helped to create. Now you have to own it.
Keep after them Carol. They are and will be responsible for much misery in this country. We cannot let them and others try to smokescreen what they have done. Libtards are destroying this country and we can never let up on them.
carol

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 27, 2012

Judged:

...phenomenon...glad I caught it before leosnana did.
Mike R

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 27, 2012

Judged:

carol wrote:
<quoted text>
Taxing the wealthy to pay for even more government spending without a plan to cut back or reform entitlement programs which are off the charts compared to other government discretionary spending is a disaster in the making.
But taxing the wealthy doesn't go far enough to solve America's problems. Getting rid of the wealthy is the answer, because I don’t think President Obama’s millionaire’s tax will be enough to stop them.

We’ve singled out millionaires for higher taxes for ages -- the income tax originally started as a way to take money from vile rich people -- yet they never seem to get the message:“We don’t want you here!”

To really strike out against millionaires, we need some sort of “warfare” based on “class.” I’ll call it “rich-guy battling.”

First, we’ll have to single out the millionaires. There could be a millionaire living in your neighborhood right now, and you don’t even know it! They don’t always identify themselves by wearing top hats and monocles (or bat costumes).

What we need is a millionaire registry, so we can find out where they’re hiding and keep away from them. I certainly don’t want a millionaire dating my daughter.

By subjecting them to scorn, we can chase away the millionaires and make them live in their own separate neighborhoods. We should also single them out on planes and make them sit in their own section. Eventually, we’ll need laws to punish the worst millionaire offenders.

I say we start with Warren Buffett. You may think he’s our friend for proposing the millionaire’s tax, but he has far too much money to be considered anything other than pure evil. He should be publicly flogged as a clear message to everyone of what happens in this country if you make lots of money.

If we keep up our efforts, one day we could drive all millionaires and their businesses from this country. Then we can go back to our simple, honest lives living in dirt huts.

When we reach that day, I will throw a great feast in celebration.

Everyone within a week’s journey is invited.

“talk to the kitteh”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 27, 2012

Judged:

COLONEL ANGUS wrote:
All the redneck/hillbilly scum let their dogs run free here (another reason I'll be so happy to vacate in the next couple of months). There was one the size of a small horse on my land about 1/2 an hour ago. The big male chocolate lab sort of had him at a standoff, and they just stared at each other. Then my medium-sized, sort of nondescript black mutt alpha b!tch took the bull by the horns and summarily ran him off without so much as a moment's hesitation.
This story was for you Yawkie. You see, a b!tch is a b!tch is a b!tch and always will be. As much as you aspire to be one, you were born a dumb wop c**t. You will always be one. There's absolutely nothing you will ever be able to do to change that. Everybody sees it -- except you. But somewhere back there in that nest of scorpions and scrambled neurons you call a brain, you know this, and it makes you frightened almost beyond your ability to stand it. The only time this "voice" is momentarily silenced is when you're feeding your face in some microbe-infested restaurant.
But you can't eat *all* the time ...
Nobody cares what you think, Queenie, that's why your neighbors send their dogs to crap in your yard. If you weren't such a wussie you would take out the dogs yerself.
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 27, 2012

Judged:

Mike R wrote:
<quoted text>I think we should just get rid of millionaires. Round them up. Put them in camps. Romney could be first.
It is time to get rid of millionaires. Send them packing. Who needs them. They’re nothing but trouble.
President Obama has proposed a new tax on them. You’re probably thinking the same thing I am: Will this be enough to let millionaires know how much we despise them? I’m afraid not.
When the recession first hit, we knew millionaires were the culprits. They’re always behind the problems in this country. Many of us can barely sleep at night knowing that millionaires are lurking out there with hearts full of evil and pockets full of money.
Most honest men are careful to never let their net worth get anywhere near seven digits, but not millionaires. They use dark tricks like “saving” and “investing” to make their money grow to unnatural levels. It’s time someone put a stop to it!
Some say that we should just ignore the millionaires -- that they don’t harm us. Such people are naive fools, because millionaires ruin our way of life. In these tight financial times, they’ve already taken all the good jobs, which is why you and Lily have so much time to post on here all day, every day.
How many times have you or Homer applied to be a CEO to find that the position has already been filled by some millionaire?
And then they come into our neighborhoods, flashing their riches and stealing our women. Who knows what else they’ll do given free reign?
I saw this horror movie -- I forget the name -- where a billionaire dressed up as a bat and beat up poor people. How far is that from reality? Probably not far enough. In the least, I’m sure millionaires spend their evenings sitting in their Rolls Royces or dirigibles, hugging their bags of money, while pointing and laughing at our small bank accounts.
And the worst thing is knowing where millionaires got all their money: They took it from us! Millionaires create these nightmarish things called “businesses” that do nothing but find new ways to scam us out of our money.
Long ago, people were happy to live in dirt huts, but then millionaires and their businesses tricked us into needing things like indoor plumbing, electricity, cars, TVs and computers -- just so they could get more of our money. To afford these things, some of us end up working in those despicable businesses millionaires create. It’s a never-ending cycle of misery.
http://www.nypost.com/p/news/opinion/opedcolu...

I'd say try harder, but I can see that would be a waste of time.
THE DEBIL

Washington, DC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 27, 2012

Judged:

carol wrote:
<quoted text>
DEBIL REACH OUT AN' SNATCH CAROL. HE TURN HER AROUND IN FRONT OF HIM BY HER HAIR AN' HE EXAMINE HER FO' TICKS OR NITS AN' STUFF... "NOPE, LOOKS CLEAN..." THEN DEBIL HOL' CAROL OFF THE GROUND WITH ONE HAND AN' UNDOES HER BATHROBE WITH HIS TONGUE.... AMAZING THE HAIR ON YOU HEAD BE SO GREY AN' YET THERE THIS LUSH BROWN GARDEN A FEW FEET BELOW... <LICK> MMMMMM.... TASTES LIKE BABY....

“fairtax.org”

gauley bridge wv

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 27, 2012

Judged:

'Play it pretty for Atlanta!'
carol

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 27, 2012

Judged:

This is also something I don't understand. Why do Lily and Homer keep lashing out a Wal-Mart for cutting new employees' health benefits?

Didn't they know this was going to happen? Isn't this what they wanted to happen?

Obamacare is going to pay for nearly all employee health benefits before long.

This is just the tip of the iceberg.

I mean, we tried to tell them a hundred times this was going to happen.
THE DEBIL

Washington, DC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 27, 2012

Judged:

Mike R wrote:
<quoted text>But taxing the wealthy doesn't go far enough to solve America's problems. Getting rid of the wealthy is the answer, because I don’t think President Obama’s millionaire’s tax will be enough to stop thes -- the income tax originally started as a way to take money from vile rich people -- yet they never seem to get the message:“We don’t want you here!”
To really strike out against millionaires, could be a millionaire living in your neighborhood right now, and you don’t even know it! They don’t always identify themselves by wearing top hats and monocles (or bat costumes).
What we need is a millionaire registr
By subjecting them to scorn, we can chase away the millionaires and make them live in their own ske them sit in their own section. Eventually, we’ll need laws to punish the worst millionaire offenders.
I say we start with Warren Buffett. You may think he’s our friend for proposing the millionaire’s tax, ney.
If we keep up our efforts, one day we could drive all millionaires and their businesses from this country. Then we can go back to our simple, honest lives living in dirt huts.
When we reach that day, I will throw a great feast in celebration.
Everyone within a week’s journey is invited.
OH, AN' FISHING. DON' FO'GET FISHING.. DIRT HUTS AN' CONSTANT FISHING... OH, AN' RUTTING LIKE PIGS ON THE DIRT FLOOR.... LOTS OF RUTTING...

“fairtax.org”

gauley bridge wv

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 27, 2012

Judged:

RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
There you go again. The evil government taking your money.
So you think that all invested money create jobs here in the US?
If I buy shares of Apple from my broker, I have news, Apple doesn't get squat. I bought shares that someone or some entity owned. I didn't create jobs.
Evidently you are still thinking that by handing companies money they create jobs.
They create jobs when they have have a demand for increased products & services.
You think handing the CEO of Sears a tax cut on his person income tax, that he will run out & hire more people or perhaps buy a new TV or car.
We would do better helping real small business. Companies making over $250k in profits don't need our help.
Allow the Bush tax cuts on the wealthy expire. Return the rates on Capital gains & dividends to where they were.
Your ideas are going to turn an alarmingly weak economy into a full fledged depression. Go ahead. The people will turn on you faster than a snake caught by the tail. You libtards are playing with fire and you're going to get burnt. Bad thing is it will have to get much worse before it gets better.
Jimmy

Hartford, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 27, 2012

Judged:

dem wrote:
<quoted text>
If you like right wing hysteria.
Thanks Deep Throat.
THE DEBIL

Washington, DC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 27, 2012

Judged:

flack wrote:
<quoted text> Keep after them Carol. They are and will be responsible for much misery in this country. We cannot let them and others try to smokescreen what they have done. Libtards are destroying this country and we can never let up on them.
WORKS BOTH WAYS.

“talk to the kitteh”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 27, 2012

Judged:

dem wrote:
<quoted text>
That's funny your grandmother called her vagina the same thing.
I bet your grandmama hasn't kissed you on the cheek for a very long time, prolly 'bout the time you developed a hankering for smoking yer own sausage. Did she ever call you Lil Dipper?

xD
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 27, 2012

Judged:

Raising American Wages…by Raising American Wages

With Americans still trapped in the fifth year of our Great Recession, and median personal income having been essentially stagnant for forty years, perhaps we should finally admit that decades of economic policies have largely failed.

http://www.theamericanconservative.com/articl...

So let's look at the empirical evidence....

It's all cited at the bottom of the page. Which instantly tells you that that site is much different from most right wing sites. Actually proving the point seems to be of some importance.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

76 Users are viewing the Chicago Forum right now

Search the Chicago Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Last word + 2 (Mar '12) 7 min honeymylove 486
Abby 8-1-14 13 min Mister Tonka 10
Ask Amy 8-1-14 16 min Mister Tonka 18
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 38 min Muzzies r terrorists 68,106
The Lollapalooza Music Festival is War on Cultu... 50 min Culture Auditor 1
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 1 hr Terry rigsby 49,032
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 2 hr Ghhh 68,457
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 2 hr Jacques in Ottawa 175,260
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 11 hr PEllen 97,587
•••
•••
Chicago Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••