Barack Obama, our next President

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ... Full Story
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#812575 Nov 27, 2012
Lily Boca Raton Fl wrote:
<quoted text>
Hilarious!!
true story.

A small group of naked protesters stormed House Speaker John Boehner’s Washington office today, seemingly concerned that taxpayer funding for AIDS research could be cut in the upcoming “fiscal cliff” discussions.

According to Buzzfeed reporter Chris Geidner, who was live tweeting the spectacle, the protesters were chanting things like,“ACT UP. Fight Back. Fight AIDS,” and,“Boehner, Boehner, don’t be a di**, budget cuts will make us sick.”

An unfortunate video of the event shows them chanting:“That’s why we have to be so nude, budget cuts are really rude!”

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/really-nude-p...

i can't wait to hear this conspiracy theory.

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#812576 Nov 27, 2012
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>You can't reason with me Carol because you're a stooge of low IQ who puts trust in any old stranger who sings a familiar song.
Ben Bernanke supposedly coined the phrase fiscal cliff and FOX ran with it, with it's halfwit news readers barely able to complete a paragraph without including the phrase. I mentioned that I got a kick out of some fat purple ankled government funded tea party parasite like you calling it the "physical cliff."
Keep trying. I'm sure you'll make the Guinness Book Of World Records for Self-Inflicted Embarrassments. carol is helping you reach your goal.

Thank her.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#812577 Nov 27, 2012
Dunkin Lincoln wrote:
<quoted text> That's because you're ill.
phft! it's not flaccid!

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#812578 Nov 27, 2012
flack wrote:
Wow 11 posts just magically disappeared. The perverts must be posting.
Waxman and her aliases on the down low were posting personal information about me and made some threats. Topix Moderator working overtime.

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#812579 Nov 27, 2012
krissy wrote:
<quoted text>
Naked, Boehner, and dick together in one sentence makes me sick lol.
I need to scrub my brain now.
Forget it. You've already been brainwashed.

Since: Feb 08

Spokane, WA

#812580 Nov 27, 2012
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
In other words, they did not vote Republican.
"real dumb"
You got that right - the majority voted for a loser, president nobama. And you again you are right, they did not get their jobs back. Thank you democrats, the new norm;
- 8% unemployment
- More deficit spending
- More folks on food stamps
- Declining household incomes
Ypour kind of country. Enjoy!!
Peace
KMA
PS: I can hardly wait, it is not the loser nobama's fault, it is Bush's fault. Your only answer.
Grinch

Chicago, IL

#812581 Nov 27, 2012
Alloramadai wrote:
<quoted text>Waxman and her aliases on the down low were posting personal information about me and made some threats. Topix Moderator working overtime.
Yawkie is crazy.

She will stalk you.

If she has your real name I'd change my twitter account.
Sad but true.

Location hidden

#812582 Nov 27, 2012
Grinch wrote:
<quoted text>
Yawkie is crazy.
She will stalk you.
Sad but true.
Doesn't have my real name or any information that is credible; will change just for peace.

Thanks for heads up; nice that Board members rally when crappo was being slung.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#812583 Nov 27, 2012
Major tobacco companies that spent decades denying they lied to the U.S. public about the dangers of cigarettes must spend their own money on a public advertising campaign saying they did lie, a federal judge ruled on Tuesday.

The ruling sets out what might be the harshest sanction to come out of a historic case that the Justice Department brought in 1999 accusing the tobacco companies of racketeering.

U.S. District Judge Gladys Kessler wrote that the new advertising campaign would be an appropriate counterweight to the companies' "past deception" dating to at least 1964.

The advertisements are to be published in various media for as long as two years.

Details of the campaign - like how much it will cost and which media will be involved - are still to be determined and could lead to another prolonged fight.

Kessler's ruling on Tuesday, which the companies could try to appeal, aims to finalize the wording of five different statements the companies will be required to use.

One of them begins: "A federal court has ruled that the defendant tobacco companies deliberately deceived the American public by falsely selling and advertising low tar and light cigarettes as less harmful than regular cigarettes."

Another statement includes the wording: "Smoking kills, on average, 1,200 Americans. Every day."

The wording was applauded by health advocates who have waited years for tangible results from the case.

"Requiring the tobacco companies to finally tell the truth is a small price to pay for the devastating consequences of their wrongdoing," said Matthew Myers, president of the Campaign for Tobacco-Free Kids, an anti-tobacco group in Washington.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/11/27/us-...

poor carol.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#812584 Nov 27, 2012
Judge Rules Tobacco Companies Must Take Out Ads Saying They Lied About Dangers Of Smoking

Each corrective ad is to be prefaced by a statement that a federal court has concluded that the defendant tobacco companies "deliberately deceived the American public about the health effects of smoking." Among the required statements are that smoking kills more people than murder, AIDS, suicide, drugs, car crashes and alcohol combined, and that "secondhand smoke kills over 3,000 Americans a year."

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/11/27/toba...

lol
Grinch

Chicago, IL

#812585 Nov 27, 2012
Alloramadai wrote:
<quoted text>Doesn't have my real name or any information that is credible; will change just for peace.

Thanks for heads up; nice that Board members rally when crappo was being slung.
This joint is a cesspool.
These nuts here have spent years trying to get my info.
Other than lies they don't know shit about me.
Topix is the last frontier for kkkowards and retards.
Ohhhh and normal people that like to incite them.

Spokane, WA

#812586 Nov 27, 2012
sonicfilter wrote:
Obama Shouldn’t Back Down Vs. the GOP
Elections are supposed to have consequences. So why does the GOP think it can strong-arm the president into compromising on entitlements without first giving in on taxes?
The party that lost the election—lost the presidency, lost Senate seats, and yes, held on to the House, but lost seats there, too—doesn’t get to dictate terms.
http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2012/11...
"sonic"
Question for you. Can president nobama get thru his tax and spend program thru with out support from the house? Your solution I am sure he should bypass the constitution and issue an executive order, screw the system? Your kind of government?
Peace
Patriot

Denver, CO

#812587 Nov 27, 2012
Will you obey?

http://bible.cc/revelation/17-8.htm
http://bible.cc/romans/6-16.htm

Tech Magazine Says People Need To Stop Worrying And Embrace The Mark Of The Beast...

Tuesday, November 27, 2012

http://www.extremetech.com/electronics/141277...

----

Debunking The Dangerous “If You Have Nothing To Hide, You Have Nothing To Fear”

http://falkvinge.net/2012/07/19/debunking-the...

“life under BO”

Since: Sep 12

buena vista

#812588 Nov 27, 2012
Impeach Obama wrote:
<quoted text>I drink lots of bottled water in the summer but I never litter. I toss the empties in the back of parked pickup trucks. Same with my McDonald's trash and beer cans.
Ur being facetious I'm sure.
Lily Boca Raton Fl

Boca Raton, FL

#812589 Nov 27, 2012
Grinch wrote:
<quoted text>
Yawkie is crazy.
She will stalk you.
Sad but true.
Yup, emmam and Floriduh did that to a poster, sick,sick,sick in the head

“life under BO”

Since: Sep 12

buena vista

#812591 Nov 27, 2012
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Banks might have lowered rates or reduced down payments, but borrows still had to prove they could make the payments.
Any bank at anytime could make a bad loan & sell it to Fannie/Freddie. So why didn't they? Why do you think it would only be CRA loans? It shows your argument to be stupid.
It starts with three Republicans, Graham, Bailey, Leach.
It was investment houses getting into the housing market by buying questionable mortgages & bundling them to create investments. These investments were quite popular & created a demand for mortgages.
None had anything to do with the CRA.
Republicans opened the gates & then sat back & watched what should have been a housing problem become the driving force to becoming a near financial meltdown.
When you right whiners start blaming the CRA, you just probe how uneducated & uninformed you are.
There are none so blind as those who will not see. The CRA, the Obama/ACORN lawsuit, Clinton forces F and F to accept subprime mortgages, there's your causes.

In many case borrowers DID not have to show income, you're mistaken or lying.

No, not at ANYTIME could a bank fob off a bad loan to F and F, Clinton changed that to make it possible.

The government changed the rules, they forced lemons on the lenders and guess what? They made lemonade and stuck us with the bill.

Without the subprime loans and the complicity of the ratings agencies, there would be no financial shenanigans.

Without sub prime mortgages, what would the lenders have sold?

Good loans?

The CRA started it all.

Location hidden

#812592 Nov 27, 2012
Lily Boca Raton Fl wrote:
<quoted text>
Yup, emmam and Floriduh did that to a poster, sick,sick,sick in the head
My understanding is that they are all one and the same person.

Spokane, WA

#812593 Nov 27, 2012
TSM wrote:
<quoted text>
RealDave you did say an honest and open discussion…Right? Than you do agree that the senate should present a budget and Reid should bring up Republicans legislation pass by the House sent to the senate that Reid has set on for the past two years to allow either an up or down vote?
"TSM"
Even "real dumb" is bright enough to realize that if Reid brought the 30 + bills passed by the house and sent to the senate were voted on most if not all would pass. That is the last thing he wants to see happen. "real dumb" hates honesty and transparency.
Peace

Spokane, WA

#812594 Nov 27, 2012
Mike R wrote:
<quoted text>I think we should just get rid of millionaires. Round them up. Put them in camps. Romney could be first.
It is time to get rid of millionaires. Send them packing. Who needs them. They’re nothing but trouble.
President Obama has proposed a new tax on them. You’re probably thinking the same thing I am: Will this be enough to let millionaires know how much we despise them? I’m afraid not.
When the recession first hit, we knew millionaires were the culprits. They’re always behind the problems in this country. Many of us can barely sleep at night knowing that millionaires are lurking out there with hearts full of evil and pockets full of money.
Most honest men are careful to never let their net worth get anywhere near seven digits, but not millionaires. They use dark tricks like “saving” and “investing” to make their money grow to unnatural levels. It’s time someone put a stop to it!
Some say that we should just ignore the millionaires -- that they don’t harm us. Such people are naive fools, because millionaires ruin our way of life. In these tight financial times, they’ve already taken all the good jobs, which is why you and Lily have so much time to post on here all day, every day.
How many times have you or Homer applied to be a CEO to find that the position has already been filled by some millionaire?
And then they come into our neighborhoods, flashing their riches and stealing our women. Who knows what else they’ll do given free reign?
I saw this horror movie -- I forget the name -- where a billionaire dressed up as a bat and beat up poor people. How far is that from reality? Probably not far enough. In the least, I’m sure millionaires spend their evenings sitting in their Rolls Royces or dirigibles, hugging their bags of money, while pointing and laughing at our small bank accounts.
And the worst thing is knowing where millionaires got all their money: They took it from us! Millionaires create these nightmarish things called “businesses” that do nothing but find new ways to scam us out of our money.
Long ago, people were happy to live in dirt huts, but then millionaires and their businesses tricked us into needing things like indoor plumbing, electricity, cars, TVs and computers -- just so they could get more of our money. To afford these things, some of us end up working in those despicable businesses millionaires create. It’s a never-ending cycle of misery.
"Mike R"
APPLAUSE!!!!!!
Peace
GhostofRaygun

Russellville, KY

#812595 Nov 27, 2012
EasyEed wrote:
<quoted text>
"real dumb"
You got that right - the majority voted for a loser, president nobama. And you again you are right, they did not get their jobs back. Thank you democrats, the new norm;
- 8% unemployment
- More deficit spending
- More folks on food stamps
- Declining household incomes
Ypour kind of country. Enjoy!!
Peace
KMA
PS: I can hardly wait, it is not the loser nobama's fault, it is Bush's fault. Your only answer.
I wonder if way back during the Depression if there were Repubs like you all bitching "it's been 4 years and Roosevelt hasn't helped us get out of this yet". You Repubs would NEVER pass a history class.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 10 min Rogue Scholar 05 181,751
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 1 hr TRD 68,880
Deat Abby 12-16 1 hr cheluzal 71
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 1 hr cheluzal 98,834
Abby 12-18 2 hr RACE 6
Why do some cover for obumbler? 3 hr HolderjakdMyCock 1
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 3 hr auntiesemite 70,992
Chicago Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 12:26 pm PST

NFL12:26PM
Trestman on Cutler benching: I think we need a spark
Yahoo! Sports12:48 PM
Jay Cutler wants to stay in Chicago, but will the Bears keep him?
NBC Sports 1:35 PM
Jimmy Clausen: 'Gained knowledge' since last start in 2010
NBC Sports 1:50 PM
Marc Trestman: 'I think we need a lift at quarterback'
ESPN 2:17 PM
Cutler: 'Crossed my mind' Bears tenure over