Barack Obama, our next President

Full story: Hampton Roads Daily Press

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Comments (Page 37,546)

Showing posts 750,901 - 750,920 of1,071,356
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 27, 2012

Judged:

A Wisconsin couple’s dying wish has finally come true…25 years later.

Norma and Angus Beaton pledged $1.7 million to four local charities in their will, the Green Bay Press Gazette reports. But the Green Bay, Wisc. couple had one caveat. If Norma died after Angus, then the money would not be distributed for 25 years so that she would have enough money to live off of.

Angus passed away in 1987 and Norma died just nine weeks later.

But now that the time limit has passed four local charities in the “Badger State” have cause to celebrate.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/11/26/wisc...

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 27, 2012

Judged:

lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
There were a few here, I don't shop on that day but it was downplayed in the news as a handful of people who were not Walmart employees. They're scared to lose their jobs. But, it's a beginning of something big, no doubt about it.
Wal-Mart's poverty wages force employees to rely on $2.66 billion in government help every year, or about $420,000 per store. In state after state, Wal-Mart employees are the top recipients of Medicaid. As many as 80 percent of workers in Wal-Mart stores use food stamps.
My mother refuses to shop at her local Walmart. However, if she is out of town, she will go to a Walmart "just to look." That way no one from her hometown sees her there. Dad shops there, but refers to it as the "W" store. In a small town where choices are limited, they really have the townspeople over a barrel.
Mike R

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 27, 2012

Judged:

Alloramadai wrote:
<quoted text>
Enlightening information. I'm interested in what you would propose. Health care is a major concern in our country. Is there another solution? I've spent much time working in the ER; by law we cannot turn people away if they do not have insurance. So, their uninsured care is either covered by charitable donations to the hospital, attempted to be collected by the hospital, or written off/absorbed into the hospital's profit. I live in a community with a population of just over 11,000, median income of $30,000. I can't imagine the hospital has that great of a profit margin. Our major employer is a maximum security state forensic facility, a community college, Tyson Food, and Walmart. The rest are farmers and ranchers who have suffered with a horrific drought.
And, the Governor doesn't want to expand Medicaid.
More competition and less government interference such as mandates and high taxation in health insurance would have reduced costs. ObamaCare will drive up the costs while reducing quality and access. The uninsured also drive up our private premiums. Making health insurance portable like car insurance and not tied to a job would have been helpful too. And then just tackle those who couldn't get it because of pre-existing conditions or couldn't afford private insurance. Instead, ObamaCare throws out the baby with the bathwater and the full consequences won't be felt until he's just about out of office. Realization of the full economic disaster will likely hit by 2020.
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 27, 2012

Judged:

CNN poll: If fiscal cliff talks fail, Republicans will be to blame

As for the sticking point between the parties over an increase in taxes for the wealthiest Americans, 56% say taxes on wealthy people should be kept high so the government can use their money for programs to help lower-income people, with 36% saying taxes on such high earners should be kept low because they invest their money in the private sector and that helps the economy and creates jobs.

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2012/11/26/1164...
Mike R

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 27, 2012

Judged:

<quoted text>
Ok, now tell us this in your own words!
http://mikerussoexpose.com/...
I just did.

“wake up”

Since: Jan 10

utica ny

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 27, 2012

Judged:

Wal-Mart workers’ reliance on public assistance due to substandard wages and benefits has become a form of indirect public subsidy to the company. In effect, Wal-Mart is shifting part of its labor costs onto the public.
. Are you sure it has nothing to do with the lack of marketable skill the people that work their have? How much should someone get paid for taking stuff out of a box and putting it on a shelf or pushing a shopping cart across a lot? What about Mc donalds , should they get 20 an hour for asking if you want fries with that?
Are all libs as dumb as you? Never mind I know that answer.
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 27, 2012

Judged:

Carter wrote:
<quoted text> Joining all the other Obama leeches; you can applaud them now!
Wal-Mart -- two-thirds of whose 3,580 stores are in the "red states"....

http://www.boston.com/business/articles/2004/...

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 27, 2012

Judged:

Wal-Mart workers’ reliance on public assistance due to substandard wages and benefits has become a form of indirect public subsidy to the company. In effect, Wal-Mart is shifting part of its labor costs onto the public.
You're nuts. They could get a second job. Then they wouldn't need public assistance. Every one I know who works at WalMart is happy working there, at least as much as working anywhere. You loony libtards think every business should pay $20 an hour for everyone and offer full health insurance. It's not their job to babysit their employees. You libtards are going to destroy this country with your Santa Claus politics!
TSM

El Paso, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 27, 2012

Judged:

Republicans should be as bold as they were on the Stimulus not a single vote!! Republicans should wise up and turn over the Keys to the Liberals/Democrats by doing the right thing …Vote Present!!

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 27, 2012

Judged:

Mike R wrote:
<quoted text>I just did.
Wow. You are an amazing individual! Kudos
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 27, 2012

Judged:

U.S. Consumer Confidence Rises To Four-Year High

http://livewire.talkingpointsmemo.com/entry/u...

So is it because Obama won, or because the GOP lost?
Dane Thorsen

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 27, 2012

Judged:

Remember, Obama isn't interested in "improving" anything. He and the Pelosi Goons are ONLY interested in blaming others for their abject Failures. Think 10 year olds but with much more demonic motivations.

Are Americans stupid enough to settle for Obama's Orwellian Nightmare?.......Yes. Americans proved they are too stupid to handle self government on Nov 6th.

52% proved they could care less about their own childrens futures. They voted for their children to be pathetic tax slaves to Big Brother.
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 27, 2012

Judged:

flack wrote:
<quoted text> You're nuts. They could get a second job. Then they wouldn't need public assistance. Every one I know who works at WalMart is happy working there, at least as much as working anywhere. You loony libtards think every business should pay $20 an hour for everyone and offer full health insurance. It's not their job to babysit their employees. You libtards are going to destroy this country with your Santa Claus politics!
Starbucks, Target, Home Depot, UPS, Whole Foods, Costco, Lands End:
all provide healthcare benefits to parttime workers who work 20 hours.
The government is subsidizing your precious Walleyworld! You are paying their employees healthcare!
And, you call me nuts.
$420,000 per store.

Since: Oct 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 27, 2012

Judged:

sonicfilter wrote:
U.S. Consumer Confidence Rises To Four-Year High
http://livewire.talkingpointsmemo.com/entry/u...
So is it because Obama won, or because the GOP lost?
It had to rise, it couldn't go any deeper in the dumpster? Have you found gainful employment yet?? Maybe the Indianapolis Soup Kitchen is hiring??
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 27, 2012

Judged:

Walmart Paved the Way for Poverty Wages

http://www.thenation.com/blog/171458/walmart-...
Homer

Effort, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 27, 2012

Judged:

TSM wrote:
Republicans should be as bold as they were on the Stimulus not a single vote!! Republicans should wise up and turn over the Keys to the Liberals/Democrats by doing the right thing …Vote Present!!
Wrong as usual -

Snowe (R-ME), Yea
Collins (R-ME), Yea
Specter (R-PA), Yea

http://www.senate.gov/legislative/LIS/roll_ca...

Since: May 11

Fayetteville, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 27, 2012

Judged:

TSM wrote:
Yes, TSM, the perpetual moron, thinks the Republicans should continue to vote NOT to help us recover.

The stimulus bill took Bush's 700,000 a month job losses to job gains.

I have news, if the Republicans try that crap again, they will be blamed & then lose even more seats in 2014.
Homer

Effort, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 27, 2012

Judged:

sonicfilter wrote:
Walmart Paved the Way for Poverty Wages
http://www.thenation.com/blog/171458/walmart-...
Homer has been saying this all along. Pretty soon they will just stop paying them and just issue a store credit.

Whne they do this remember you heard it here first.
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 27, 2012

Judged:

Carter wrote:
<quoted text> I see you can support your local Walmart right there in your state of Indiana; you'll be able to buy lily her Christmas present now...perhaps an Obama Chia-head, or even better...they do have a liquor department, don't they? LOL
I was actually thinking of giving joke gifts.

The Real Romney

http://www.walmart.com/ip/The-Real-Romney/171...
Homer

Effort, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 27, 2012

Judged:

Walmart is the second worst thing to happen to America with Bush being first.

Homer only going back 10 years, don't even get me started on Reagan.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 750,901 - 750,920 of1,071,356
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

90 Users are viewing the Chicago Forum right now

Search the Chicago Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 4 min NWmoon 97,419
Amy 7-10 5 min Cass 5
Four Dead in Bridgeview Head-On Collision 9 min In Your Face 68
Abby 7-10 19 min Cass 8
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 40 min Jacques from Ottawa 173,533
Show your indie spirit on Chicago's first Indep... 49 min reading is queer 1
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 2 hr well 48,674
•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE