Barack Obama, our next President

Full story: Hampton Roads Daily Press

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...
Comments
750,841 - 750,860 of 1,100,625 Comments Last updated 1 hr ago

“wake up”

Since: Jan 10

utica ny

#812151 Nov 27, 2012
Alloramadai wrote:
<quoted text>
I missed your original post/story. Any reason? Would you mind posting link?
Poor child
http://abcnews.go.com/m/story...
Better link.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#812153 Nov 27, 2012
lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
No doubt; are you a psych nurse?
Yes ma'am
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#812154 Nov 27, 2012
Foreign Policy's Ricks Spells Out Fox's Role As A Wing Of The GOP

Fox's insistence that it does not operate as a wing of the GOP is not only contradicted by experts, but by its own habit of ceaselessly attacking the Obama and promoting right-wing causes and candidates, not to mention Fox News executive vice president Bill Shine's description of the network as the "voice of opposition on some issues" soon after Obama's inauguration.

http://mediamatters.org/blog/2012/11/27/forei...

So does FOX think it's a bad thing to be associated with the GOP?

Location hidden

#812155 Nov 27, 2012
moshx wrote:
OMG. That sickens me. Hard to remain objective, wondering what was/is going on in her world/head.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#812157 Nov 27, 2012
the_rac_on_teur wrote:
<quoted text>
can you tell me why you want to screw a donkey?
Bizarre Sex Habits of The Extreme Right-Wing

"When you grow up on a farm in Georgia, your first girlfriend is a mule."

http://www.newshounds.us/2005/05/06/bizarre_s...

On FOX Radio. Big surprise.
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#812159 Nov 27, 2012
Mike R wrote:
The golden goose (the U.S. economy) is badly hurt. It needs resuscitation soon or it is going to get cooked (become another Greece). So what’s to be done? There are many ideas on how to revive the goose but what’s already been done hasn’t helped much. To arrive at an effective solution on how to help this particular goose, one must discover the reasons that initially caused and is still causing its problems.
The initial causes were finally spelled out clearly in the book, Reckless Endangerment, by Gretchen Morgenson and Joshua Rosner: the quasi-government mortgage institutions, Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac. Basically, they forced banks to loan mortgage money to people who could not repay them, and they did this because of the amendments to the Community Reinvestment Act that President Clinton pushed through and that Representative Barney Frank and Senator Chris Dodd, as Committee Chairmen in the House and Senate in 2006 would not allow to be changed to make them fiscally sound.
But that’s “water under the bridge” so to speak, or is it?
The Dodd-Frank bill which was supposed to add regulations mostly on banks to prevent the economic downturn from happening again, does not even address Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac. It does ensure the failure of small community banks by placing reporting burdens on them that only large banks could afford to comply with and making the penalties to banks so severe (the government would take over the bank) that banks are afraid to make loans. But Dodd-Frank is just one minor peg in the goose’s coffin.
Other factors hurting our goose is Obamacare which is slowly going into effect (postponed until AFTER the November election). Obamacare affects everyone in the United States. The President said it was based on Romney-care, or the medical insurance system put into place under then-Massachusetts-governor Mitt Romney. Romney-care, however, only affected the 8% of Massachusettes residents who were not covered by medical insurance.
Then there’s the huge increase in deficit spending which is quickly bankrupting the U.S. and thrusting a knife in the heart of the goose. Positive, job-creating actions, like the Keystone Pipeline , which would also provide much-needed oil, with the job killing decision delayed until after Obama's re-election, as Canada makes a deal with China and starts the pipeline going west to the Pacific ocean where China will take it in oil tankers to its homeland.
I could go on and on and on, but I think you have the idea…policy after policy, each hurting the economy, is fatally hurting our friend, the golden goose. If things are not turned around soon , this goose will be cooked.
But as Obama and the Dems put it, voters have given him a "Mandate" to kill the golden goose. Cause as much he raises taxes, he will continue to waste and overspend with four more years of NOT fixing the economy and blaming everyone but himself and his failed policies.
Ok, now tell us this in your own words!

http://mikerussoexpose.com/...
the_rac_on_teur

Oklahoma City, OK

#812160 Nov 27, 2012
Voting for Obama?

"....we forget our arithmetic lessons and instead default to the answer that requires the least mental effort."

http://www.newyorker.com/online/blogs/frontal...

to dumm to research...does not keep people from voting apparently...
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#812161 Nov 27, 2012
the_rac_on_teur wrote:
<quoted text>
Do your part!
sell your $500K house and give'em all a .00000000000000000000000000000 001 % raise!
Oh great, the nut from Okey is back.
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#812162 Nov 27, 2012
Wal-Mart workers’ reliance on public assistance due to substandard wages and benefits has become a form of indirect public subsidy to the company. In effect, Wal-Mart is shifting part of its labor costs onto the public.

“wake up”

utica ny

#812164 Nov 27, 2012
Nightchalker wrote:
<quoted tex
Your daughter and grand daughter.
Sad.
No . Definitly not anything to do with my family in any way.

Location hidden

#812165 Nov 27, 2012
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
The government owned a lot of land, especially after the Louisiana Purchase. They sold it to private citizens and at the same time Jackson blocked every spending bill he could. In 1835 the debt was paid and there was a surplus. Jackson had dissolved the National Bank, so the extra was divided among the states and was completely spent (and then some) in a year - which was a major cause of the 6 year depression that started in 1837.
Thank you. I continue to learn, and appreciate a kinder schooling.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#812167 Nov 27, 2012
Robertson Admits he Blew Election Prediction he Received from God

http://www.rightwingwatch.org/content/roberts...
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#812168 Nov 27, 2012
A Wisconsin couple’s dying wish has finally come true…25 years later.

Norma and Angus Beaton pledged $1.7 million to four local charities in their will, the Green Bay Press Gazette reports. But the Green Bay, Wisc. couple had one caveat. If Norma died after Angus, then the money would not be distributed for 25 years so that she would have enough money to live off of.

Angus passed away in 1987 and Norma died just nine weeks later.

But now that the time limit has passed four local charities in the “Badger State” have cause to celebrate.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/11/26/wisc...

Location hidden

#812169 Nov 27, 2012
<quoted text>
There were a few here, I don't shop on that day but it was downplayed in the news as a handful of people who were not Walmart employees. They're scared to lose their jobs. But, it's a beginning of something big, no doubt about it.
Wal-Mart's poverty wages force employees to rely on $2.66 billion in government help every year, or about $420,000 per store. In state after state, Wal-Mart employees are the top recipients of Medicaid. As many as 80 percent of workers in Wal-Mart stores use food stamps.
My mother refuses to shop at her local Walmart. However, if she is out of town, she will go to a Walmart "just to look." That way no one from her hometown sees her there. Dad shops there, but refers to it as the "W" store. In a small town where choices are limited, they really have the townspeople over a barrel.
Mike R

New York, NY

#812173 Nov 27, 2012
Alloramadai wrote:
<quoted text>
Enlightening information. I'm interested in what you would propose. Health care is a major concern in our country. Is there another solution? I've spent much time working in the ER; by law we cannot turn people away if they do not have insurance. So, their uninsured care is either covered by charitable donations to the hospital, attempted to be collected by the hospital, or written off/absorbed into the hospital's profit. I live in a community with a population of just over 11,000, median income of $30,000. I can't imagine the hospital has that great of a profit margin. Our major employer is a maximum security state forensic facility, a community college, Tyson Food, and Walmart. The rest are farmers and ranchers who have suffered with a horrific drought.
And, the Governor doesn't want to expand Medicaid.
More competition and less government interference such as mandates and high taxation in health insurance would have reduced costs. ObamaCare will drive up the costs while reducing quality and access. The uninsured also drive up our private premiums. Making health insurance portable like car insurance and not tied to a job would have been helpful too. And then just tackle those who couldn't get it because of pre-existing conditions or couldn't afford private insurance. Instead, ObamaCare throws out the baby with the bathwater and the full consequences won't be felt until he's just about out of office. Realization of the full economic disaster will likely hit by 2020.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#812174 Nov 27, 2012
CNN poll: If fiscal cliff talks fail, Republicans will be to blame

As for the sticking point between the parties over an increase in taxes for the wealthiest Americans, 56% say taxes on wealthy people should be kept high so the government can use their money for programs to help lower-income people, with 36% saying taxes on such high earners should be kept low because they invest their money in the private sector and that helps the economy and creates jobs.

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2012/11/26/1164...
Mike R

New York, NY

#812175 Nov 27, 2012
<quoted text>
Ok, now tell us this in your own words!
http://mikerussoexpose.com/...
I just did.

“wake up”

utica ny

#812176 Nov 27, 2012
Wal-Mart workers’ reliance on public assistance due to substandard wages and benefits has become a form of indirect public subsidy to the company. In effect, Wal-Mart is shifting part of its labor costs onto the public.
. Are you sure it has nothing to do with the lack of marketable skill the people that work their have? How much should someone get paid for taking stuff out of a box and putting it on a shelf or pushing a shopping cart across a lot? What about Mc donalds , should they get 20 an hour for asking if you want fries with that?
Are all libs as dumb as you? Never mind I know that answer.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#812178 Nov 27, 2012
Carter wrote:
<quoted text> Joining all the other Obama leeches; you can applaud them now!
Wal-Mart -- two-thirds of whose 3,580 stores are in the "red states"....

http://www.boston.com/business/articles/2004/...

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

#812179 Nov 27, 2012
You're nuts. They could get a second job. Then they wouldn't need public assistance. Every one I know who works at WalMart is happy working there, at least as much as working anywhere. You loony libtards think every business should pay $20 an hour for everyone and offer full health insurance. It's not their job to babysit their employees. You libtards are going to destroy this country with your Santa Claus politics!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Are ISIS and Obama in Cahoots??? 7 min joey 4
Diversity is a codeword for white genocide 26 min ABSOLUTELYjigsWON 3
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 30 min 40ish 4,673
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 31 min Frijoles 68,998
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 40 min danetoo 68,381
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 1 hr wojar 177,413
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 1 hr D-U-H 49,539
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 10 hr edogxxx 97,938
•••
•••
Chicago Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000