Barack Obama, our next President

Full story: Hampton Roads Daily Press

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...
Comments
750,761 - 750,780 of 1,100,219 Comments Last updated 32 min ago
TheIndependentMa jority

East Bernstadt, KY

#812062 Nov 27, 2012
dem wrote:
<quoted text>
You my hillbilly azzhole are a filthy fkn liar.
Hey duhmazzworm,

What arrives first, the cream, or the cow that produced it.

REAL SIMPLE...unless you're a duhmazz flipping daydreaming, clueless retarded worm.

Are you one of THOSE duhmo?

Just wondering.

Since: May 11

Loysville, PA

#812063 Nov 27, 2012
lifes a beach wrote:
<quoted text>
Ok here's a question- show me a job where he was in charge of the economic aspect of a business or rather where he was previously educated in economic policy? He has no clue when it comes to fiscal matters, its really just obvious at this point.
Illinois State Senator. US Senator. Both has fiscal responsibilities.
TheIndependentMa jority

East Bernstadt, KY

#812064 Nov 27, 2012
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
I get it.
If only we allowed banks to discriminate.
Typical right whiner thinking at ts best.
How about we just go back to days of ACCOUNTABILITY-when banks etc based their financial decisions on MERIT, logistics and ability.

Toss out ALL the other poliTICal INcorrectness pandering, and just base everything on REALITY again.

Because it's discrimination, AGAINST those possessing some actual MERIT, for institutions to exist any other way.

What say ye to THAT Duh A Vey?
TheIndependentMa jority

East Bernstadt, KY

#812065 Nov 27, 2012
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Illinois State Senator. US Senator. Both has fiscal responsibilities.
Jr Senator....under 10 years even

He does NOT have near enough the experience required.

BUT, given the circumstances, was there even any experience required to be a puppet on a poliTICal party string, that was puppet-mastered by dead O'Kennedy, rude blow-hard self exaulted ruler of lands of the East for 40 years?
Nope, nothing other than accepting the puppet-mastered party labelduhm nomination.
Why I actually kind of feel for the guy.
Nj raider 1

United States

#812066 Nov 27, 2012
To all my liberal thinkers, liberal meaning: free thinkers, I know it's impossible to not respond to these old america dreamers, but try not to respond to their right wingers. They're still in disbelief of the good old fashion ass whooping their nominee took. Dude yesterday said we bought everything to do with Obama. Well they definitely bought that ass whooping & it was expensive!
TheIndependentMa jority

East Bernstadt, KY

#812067 Nov 27, 2012
flack wrote:
<quoted text> I know that's right!!!
Hi Flack, How's chili-ying?

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

#812068 Nov 27, 2012
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
The larger point is that the entire bottled water industry is a joke, an outrageous expense that provides little, if any, benefit over tap water.
Watch this, Blue Gold: World Water Wars It will open your eyes.
TheIndependentMa jority

East Bernstadt, KY

#812069 Nov 27, 2012
dem wrote:
<quoted text>
She's surrounding herself with her 'friends'.
I'm afraid the old battle axe might have to be euthanized.
It's what happens to rabid mutts.
They must've skipped past your cage for another day then eh duhmo?
TheIndependentMa jority

East Bernstadt, KY

#812070 Nov 27, 2012
Lou wrote:
<quoted text>Are you aware that you were actually let go in 2009, but thru a computer glitch in Payroll you are still being paid? They took your stapler and are moving your desk to the basement.
Nothing else could explain the amount of time you spend on Topix while at work. Now go do some TPS Reports.
That's not Homers stapler and desk.

It's mine dammit.

HOMERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR-you are in troublllllllllle!!!!!!!!!!
Homer

Effort, PA

#812071 Nov 27, 2012
It's snowing here, everything is white. I feel like a Minority in the Republican Party.
TheIndependentMa jority

East Bernstadt, KY

#812072 Nov 27, 2012
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Banks might have lowered rates or reduced down payments, but borrows still had to prove they could make the payments.
Any bank at anytime could make a bad loan & sell it to Fannie/Freddie. So why didn't they? Why do you think it would only be CRA loans? It shows your argument to be stupid.
It starts with three Republicans, Graham, Bailey, Leach.
It was investment houses getting into the housing market by buying questionable mortgages & bundling them to create investments. These investments were quite popular & created a demand for mortgages.
None had anything to do with the CRA.
Republicans opened the gates & then sat back & watched what should have been a housing problem become the driving force to becoming a near financial meltdown.
When you right whiners start blaming the CRA, you just probe how uneducated & uninformed you are.
ALL the cogs in a wheel DUHMBO Duh A Vey. Just for the record and to be fair though-Dodd's probably had some good moments, slapping some republican stupidity down a time or two.

Sen. Chris Dodd, a Democrat from Connecticut, announced Thursday that he will maintain his chairmanship of the Senate Banking Committee in the upcoming Congressional session.

Rumors had circulated that Dodd might give up the post to seek the chair of either the Senate Foreign Relations Committee or the Health and Education Committee. Dodd is a senior member of both committees.

But with the financial crisis threatening to drag the economy into a protracted recession, the Senate Banking Committee will be on the front lines of the government’s efforts heal the housing and financial markets. As the top lawmaker on the panel, Dodd stands to boost his influence and raise his profile.
Mullins, L. Chris Dodd to Retain Banking Committee Chair. USNewsMoney.November 6, 2008
“As a United States Senator from Connecticut, there is no more important way right now that I can serve the people of Connecticut and our country than as Banking Committee Chairman,” Dodd said in a statement Thursday.“In this role, at this moment, I am confident I can do the greatest good for our nation – and create lasting change for millions of Americans.”
TheIndependentMa jority

East Bernstadt, KY

#812073 Nov 27, 2012
Homer wrote:
It's snowing here, everything is white. I feel like a Minority in the Republican Party.
YOU feel like a minority?
Quit whining Homer and give me back my stapler and desk.

Loysville, PA

#812074 Nov 27, 2012
TSM wrote:
<quoted text>
RealDave the Bush recession was over in June 2009!! Obama’s pledge was to assure more Americans depended on Government its working!! I think the term he used was “Transforming America” Redistribution for Equal Outcome!!
There was no pledge to make more people dependent on government & there was no equal outcome.

You are just too uneducated & uninformed to understand the term "Redistribution of wealth" as are most of your right whiner buddies.

If you really had a case against Obama, you wouldn't need to make up the lies like you just did.
TheIndependentMa jority

East Bernstadt, KY

#812075 Nov 27, 2012
Nj raider 1 wrote:
To all my liberal thinkers, liberal meaning: free thinkers, I know it's impossible to not respond to these old america dreamers, but try not to respond to their right wingers. They're still in disbelief of the good old fashion ass whooping their nominee took. Dude yesterday said we bought everything to do with Obama. Well they definitely bought that ass whooping & it was expensive!
Good-who wants broken, flea market level JUNK anyway lol.
Nightchalker

Lansing, MI

#812076 Nov 27, 2012
dem wrote:
<quoted text>
Looking for love on topix?
You cad!
Juss like ya mudda!
the_rac_on_teur

Oklahoma City, OK

#812077 Nov 27, 2012
Jackpot!

"The personal wealth of members of Congress increased by more than 5% between 2007 and 2010, on a collective basis, even as median household net worth in the United States dropped by 39%."

http://money.msn.com/investing/the-19-richest...

Loysville, PA

#812078 Nov 27, 2012
Chicagoan by Birth wrote:
<quoted text>I've axed you left-wing 12 yr.olds to list what job he has done, before he was annointed? Civil service positions are not in the mix?? Actual jobs??
Again:

Community organizer working for a private church group

Lecturer at Univ of Chicago - a private entity

Lawyer for a private law firm

Self employed author

Now, consider yourself a more informed.
the_rac_on_teur

Oklahoma City, OK

#812079 Nov 27, 2012
When is it enough?

"The U.S. Treasury increased the net debt of the United States $24,327,048,384.38 on the day after Thanksgiving, which equals approximately $211.69 for each of the nation’s 114,916,000 households..."

http://cnsnews.com/news/article/black-friday-...
Nightchalker

Lansing, MI

#812081 Nov 27, 2012
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Obamacare was funded.
Part D was not.
Of course, to you right whiners, adding to the debt under Bush was not an issue at all.
Yes it was but you were too busy crying to notice.

I HATED that fuk, I lost my job BOTH times that bstd got "elected"!

NOW you are too busy CROWING about an illusory "victory" and threatening your fellow beings to notice that there is a TRAIN coming and we are ALL standing on the tracks!!!!

ANYBODY realize that if they don't "fix" the budget the ARMY, NAVY, Air Force and MARINES will NOT GET PAID come Jan 1.

No big deal RIGHT, cause you all hate the military, RIGHT???

Careful what you wish for....you just might get it!
the_rac_on_teur

Oklahoma City, OK

#812082 Nov 27, 2012
...4.5 days....and Warren Buffett...

"If you took every single penny that Warren Buffett has, it'd pay for 4-1/2 days of the US government. This tax-the-rich won't work. The problem here is the government is way bigger than even the capacity of the rich to sustain it. The Buffett Rule would raise $3.2 billion a year, and take 514 years just to pay off Obama's 2011 budget deficit." -Mark Steyn

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Word (Dec '08) 3 min andet1987 4,652
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 30 min J RULES 68,989
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 53 min Mimi Seattle 97,933
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 1 hr 40ish 4,670
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 1 hr wojar 177,384
Double Word Game (Dec '11) 1 hr Crazy Jae 1,451
Last word + 2 (Mar '12) 1 hr Crazy Jae 568
Amy 8-29 9 hr Kuuipo 13
•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000