Barack Obama, our next President

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ... Full Story
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#812197 Nov 27, 2012
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>Homer has been saying this all along. Pretty soon they will just stop paying them and just issue a store credit.
Whne they do this remember you heard it here first.
Yes, and dormitories
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#812198 Nov 27, 2012
Author and reporter Tom Ricks on Tuesday kept the heat on Fox News Channel after an executive for the network claimed in an interview that the Pulitzer Prize-winning journalist apologized in private for his sharp criticism of Fox's coverage of the September attack in Benghazi.

FNC executive vice president Michael Clemente told the Hollywood Reporter on Monday that Ricks apologized behind closed doors following his appearance on the network on Monday, something the Ricks denied ever took place. In an interview with Politico's Mackenzie Weinger on Tuesday, Ricks gave an even more critical assessment of Clemente's claims, as well as the journalistic practices of both Fox and the Hollywood Reporter.

“Clemente is making it up, and it is sloppy of Hollywood Reporter to not ask him for specifics (what exactly am I alleged to have said?) and also to seek a response from me,” Ricks wrote via email.“Why are they doing this? Because their MO is that when the facts aren’t on their side, they attack the person.”

http://livewire.talkingpointsmemo.com/entry/r...
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#812199 Nov 27, 2012
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>Flack doesn't care, he just wants low low prices and stuff made in China.
The other companies listed carry products from China too; it's just that they are better stewards of their communities.
Flack's not bright enough to comprehend the whole picture. Sorry Flack, but it's true. Millions just like him; lining up for hours to get in on Friday. Mon dieu!
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#812200 Nov 27, 2012
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
I was actually thinking of giving joke gifts.
The Real Romney
http://www.walmart.com/ip/The-Real-Romney/171...
Are the pages blank?

Since: Oct 08

Location hidden

#812201 Nov 27, 2012
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, TSM, the perpetual moron, thinks the Republicans should continue to vote NOT to help us recover.
The stimulus bill took Bush's 700,000 a month job losses to job gains.
I have news, if the Republicans try that crap again, they will be blamed & then lose even more seats in 2014.
Really Dave, Whose going to pay the bill?
Homer

Effort, PA

#812202 Nov 27, 2012
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Flack likes to demand everyone work for minimum wage or less otherwise companies can't possibly make a profit. Then Flack likes to bitch about how may people are on food stamps.
Right whiners are too stupid to know low wages & the number of people on food stamps are related.
Yep, fck em, they can get a second, 3rd job, he doesn't care if they never see their kids, they never should have had them in the first place. Doesn't matter if their job was shipped overseas they should have anticipated that.

"....are there no prisons, are there no workhouses? Let them die and decrease the surplus population..."
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#812203 Nov 27, 2012
Alloramadai wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow. You are an amazing individual! Kudos
Hmmm, I smell a fish. I'm calling Nate the Great

“See how you are?”

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#812205 Nov 27, 2012
Homer wrote:
Walmart is the second worst thing to happen to America with Bush being first.
Homer only going back 10 years, don't even get me started on Reagan.
G. H. Bush awarded Sam Walton the Presidential Medal of Freedom for raising the American standard of living. Some logic defies logic.
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#812206 Nov 27, 2012
Homer wrote:
Walmart is the second worst thing to happen to America with Bush being first.
Homer only going back 10 years, don't even get me started on Reagan.
What about Gitmo? and the Black Panthers?

I'm leaving, giving you food for fights!
Dane Thorsen

AOL

#812208 Nov 27, 2012
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, TSM, the perpetual moron, thinks the Republicans should continue to vote NOT to help us recover.
I have news, if the Republicans try that crap again, they will be blamed & then lose even more seats in 2014.
Boehner says he will work on tax increases for the wealthy.
Reid says NO CUTS to entitlements...None...which can only lead to complete fiscal collapse.

Elections have consequences. Re-electing Obama proved Americans have a Civic Death Wish.
Homer

Effort, PA

#812209 Nov 27, 2012
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>Homer has been saying this all along. Pretty soon they will just stop paying them and just issue a store credit.
Whne they do this remember you heard it here first.
If you are a Walmart executive, pls disregard. Homer will not be a party to your criminal enterprise.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#812210 Nov 27, 2012
lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
Are the pages blank?
Yes, whatever you buy from a Republican will never give the return that's promised.
Dane Thorsen

AOL

#812211 Nov 27, 2012
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Yesterday the demonic Harry Reid says NO CUTS to the massive extention grade Entitlements so dear to the hard left. Game Over. Obama takes us another step closer to assuring a complete fiscal collapse and all out civil war.

What an exciting time for the Orwellian Left in their march to decimate our children's future hopes and dreams!!

Since: May 11

Loysville, PA

#812212 Nov 27, 2012
Mike R wrote:
<quoted text>More competition and less government interference such as mandates and high taxation in health insurance would have reduced costs. ObamaCare will drive up the costs while reducing quality and access. The uninsured also drive up our private premiums. Making health insurance portable like car insurance and not tied to a job would have been helpful too. And then just tackle those who couldn't get it because of pre-existing conditions or couldn't afford private insurance. Instead, ObamaCare throws out the baby with the bathwater and the full consequences won't be felt until he's just about out of office. Realization of the full economic disaster will likely hit by 2020.
The ACA will improve healthcare especially for those on Medicare. Hospitals will get paid on results & the Hospitals will need to improve outcomes & reduce re-admissions to be profitable.

I can tell you never tried to purchase health insurance as an individual. The ACA through the exchanges actually will make this affordable.

How do you solve pre-existing conditions without the mandate?

Getting 30 million more insured will help out healthcare system by actually making healthcare more accessible & present 30 million more paying customers to hospitals & doctors.

I pay health insurance benefits. I am sick & tired of competing with companies that don't. They pass along their expense to the rest of us when their employees utilize the system without paying.

I wish you right whiners would quit complaining about this when these ideas were originally Republican ideas. Way back when Republicans cared about this country more than their ridiculous dumbasss party.

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

#812213 Nov 27, 2012
<quoted text>
The other companies listed carry products from China too; it's just that they are better stewards of their communities.
Flack's not bright enough to comprehend the whole picture. Sorry Flack, but it's true. Millions just like him; lining up for hours to get in on Friday. Mon dieu!
I don't do Black Friday. You just want someone else to take care of you. You and 150 million others will destroy this country. Take responsibility for yourself. Quit looking for handouts! Oh that's right you all are libtards! My mistake.

Loysville, PA

#812214 Nov 27, 2012
Dane Thorsen wrote:
<quoted text>
Yesterday the demonic Harry Reid says NO CUTS to the massive extention grade Entitlements so dear to the hard left. Game Over. Obama takes us another step closer to assuring a complete fiscal collapse and all out civil war.
What an exciting time for the Orwellian Left in their march to decimate our children's future hopes and dreams!!
So, the evil Democrats say no to cutting help for those in need while the Republicans say no to increases taxes on the wealthy.

Now that suns it up.

Republicans would trample the needy to give money to rich people.

Democrats say the wealthy an afford it & don't take it out on poor people.

Loysville, PA

#812215 Nov 27, 2012
Chicagoan by Birth wrote:
<quoted text>Really Dave, Whose going to pay the bill?
Since when did Republicans care?

Unfunded tax cuts
unfunded wars
unfunded expansion to medicare in Part D
unfunded earmarks.

Their solution? More unfunded tax cuts.

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

#812218 Nov 27, 2012
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
So, the evil Democrats say no to cutting help for those in need while the Republicans say no to increases taxes on the wealthy.
Now that suns it up.
Republicans would trample the needy to give money to rich people.
Democrats say the wealthy an afford it & don't take it out on poor people.
Hey Dave where does that money come from to help the needy? Not from poor people. The government has to take it from someone before they can give it to someone. Why not cut out the middle man and let the wealthy get to keep and invest that money creating more jobs so the poor people can earn a paycheck and improve their own lot in life? Or are you one of those loony libtards that think the rich keep all their money in a vault in the basement? No need to answer I know the answer.

Since: Oct 08

Location hidden

#812220 Nov 27, 2012
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Since when did Republicans care?
Unfunded tax cuts
unfunded wars
unfunded expansion to medicare in Part D
unfunded earmarks.
Their solution? More unfunded tax cuts.
Davey Boy, you never explained what an 'unfunded tax cut' was? Is that another of your oximorons??
Mike R

New York, NY

#812221 Nov 27, 2012
<quoted text>
Starbucks, Target, Home Depot, UPS, Whole Foods, Costco, Lands End:
all provide healthcare benefits to parttime workers who work 20 hours.
The government is subsidizing your precious Walleyworld! You are paying their employees healthcare!
And, you call me nuts.
$420,000 per store.
Those employers will have to shift to the one size fits all expensive government plan.

If you are uninsured because you can’t afford it, help may be on the way. But if you are one of the 250 million Americans with coverage, there are big problems ahead.

If you get your health insurance through a job, you might lose it as of Jan. 1, 2014. That’s when the new “employer mandate” kicks in, requiring employers with 50 or more full-time workers to provide the government-designed health plan or pay a fine. The government plan is so expensive, it adds $1.79 per hour to the cost of a full-time employee. That’s incidental if you're hiring neurosurgeons but a hefty increase for hiring busboys and sales clerks.

Currently, employers in retail and fast-food industries pay less than half that to cover their workers.To avoid thecostly mandate,some employers will push workers into part-time status. Other employers will opt for the fine. Either way, workers lose their on-the-job coverage.

Worse, they risk losing their jobs. Even the fine adds 98 cents an hour to the cost of labor, enough to make some employers cut back on their workforce.

As many as a third of employers are considering canceling coverage, according to McKinsey & Co. management consultants. But that doesn’t mean you’ll be uninsured; you won’t have that choice.

When you file your taxes, you will have to show proof that you are enrolled in the one-size-fits-all plan approved by the federal government. It’s mandatory, starting Jan. 1, 2014, or the IRS will withhold your refund. If you’ve been going without insurance, or your employer drops coverage, your options will be enrolling in Medicaid (if you’re eligible) or buying a government-approved health plan on your state health exchange.

What’s an insurance exchange? It’s like a supermarket that only sells cereal. The exchange will sell only the government-designed plan. In most states, exchanges will be an 800 number, a Web site and a government office, like the DMV. People with household incomes up to $92,200 will be eligible for a subsidy.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 7 min JOEL 71,309
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 13 min loose cannon 182,324
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 29 min Boy G 51,307
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 31 min IB DaMann 49,379
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 1 hr Mister Tonka 98,888
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 2 hr RACE 4,927
Double Word Game (Dec '11) 2 hr RACE 1,539
Chicago Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 6:49 am PST

Bleacher Report 6:49AM
Marc Trestman Fired by Bears: Latest Details, Comments and Reaction
Bleacher Report 6:52 AM
Phil Emery Fired by Bears: Latest Details, Comments and Reaction
ESPN 6:54 AM
Bears fire GM, sources say; Trestman too?
NFL 6:58 AM
Chicago Bears fire Marc Trestman
ESPN 7:25 AM
Sources: Bears fire both Emery, Trestman