Barack Obama, our next President

Full story: Hampton Roads Daily Press

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...
Comments
750,621 - 750,640 of 1,100,983 Comments Last updated 1 hr ago
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#811911 Nov 26, 2012
Alloramadai wrote:
<quoted text>
Late on the draw, moron. Your opinion is worth about as much as your vote in the last election. Wait - you voted for who?
"Late on the draw" means that your boastful claim was proven completely wrong yesterday. Try engaging your brain before opening your mouth.
RUSH10ME

Gloucester, VA

#811912 Nov 26, 2012
Lily Boca Raton Fl wrote:
<quoted text>
What was the victims name?
Ask your husband .

“life under BO”

Since: Sep 12

buena vista

#811913 Nov 26, 2012
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
The CRA excuse. When will you right whiners realize every time you bring up this excuse it proves you to be such morons. The CRA had nothing to do with m [edited for space}
Get educated davey, stop looking like a fool, it's all here, you can't refute one thing in here, democrats own this mess 100%. No CRA, no subprimes, no derivatives, no mortgage meltdown..
http://www.sjsu.edu/faculty/watkins/subprime....
San Josť State University
Department of Economics
applet-magic.com
Thayer Watkins
Silicon Valley
& Tornado Alley
USA
The Nature and the Origin
of the Subprime Mortgage Crisis
There has been a long term American policy of promoting home ownership. This entailed making the financing of home purchases as easy as possible. Various financial institutions were set up over time to make the securing of a mortgage quick and convenient. There once were Savings and Loan Associations that were savings institutions which could only invest in home mortgages. Fannie Mae (the Federal Nation Mortgage Association FNMA) was set up in 1938 to provide a secondary market for home mortgages. This meant that if a bank granted a mortgage to someone and later the bank needed funds the bank could readily sell the mortgage to Fannie Mae. However, in order for lending institutions to have access to the secondary mortgage market of Fannie Mae they had to abide by Fannie Mae's rules.
In the past Fannie Mae prohibited the lenders it was dealing with to engage in the practice of red lining. Red Lining meant that a bank would refuse to finance a home purchase in neighborhoods it consider high risk even if the prospective borrowers were themselves good credit risks. In part, this was because the bank did not want, in the event of default and foreclosure, to become the owner of property in a risky neighborhood. The deeper roots of the problem go back to the Community Reinvestment Act of 1977.
In the 1990's under the administration of Franklin Raines, a Clinton Administration appointee, Fannie Mae began to demand that the lending institutions that it dealt with prove that they were not redlining. This meant that the lending institutions would have to fulfill a quota of minority mortgage lending. This in turn meant that the lending agencies would have to lower their standards in terms of such things as down payments and the required incomes. These subprime borrowers would be charged a higher interest rate. Having put the lending agencies into the position of granting subprime mortgages Fannie Mae then had to accept lower standards in the mortgages it purchased. That set the ball rolling. If a bank granted a mortgage to a borrower that was not likely to successfully pay off the mortgage then all the bank had to do was to sell such mortgages to Fannie Mae. The banks typically earned a loan origination fee when the mortgage was granted. The lending agencies could then make substantial profits dealing in subprime mortgages.
Because Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac made a market for subprime mortgages the lenders did not have to worry about of the soundness of the mortgage contract they wrote. Thus the lenders could write the mortgages as adjustable interest rate mortgages knowing full well that an upturn in the interest rates could easily throw the borrower into insolvency. For example, when the interest rate is 6 percent the mortgage payment for a 30-year $200,000 mortgage is $1199 per month. If the interest rate goes up to 7 percent the mortgage payment would increase by $131 per month, an 11 percent increase. For many of the subprime borrowers living on the edge of insolvency this would be enough to push them over the edge. The guilt for the subprime mortgage financial crisis lies both with the lenders who knowingly put borrowers into booby trapped mortgages and the management of Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac for making a market for such booby trapped mortgages thus giving the lenders the incentive for writing them.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#811914 Nov 26, 2012
<quoted text>
Yes, me and over 62 million Americans. We won, you lost.
But what did you win? Continuation of a doomed economic policy? Who will Obama blame for the recession of 2013?

“life under BO”

buena vista

#811915 Nov 26, 2012
"Because Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac made a market for subprime mortgages the lenders did not have to worry about of the soundness of the mortgage contract they wrote."

This is it in a nutshell, davey, government meddling, democrat government meddling, convince me otherwise.
new yawk

Tonawanda, NY

#811916 Nov 26, 2012
Do you realize "anything" you committ in writing can be used in a Court of Law against you?

You are falsely accusing someone of a Capital Offense, Murder.

You can be charged for that, lily.

Defamation of character, aggravated harassment, stalking ...
And other misdemeanors.

And if he got a good Lawyer and proved it caused him duress ...

He has a case. Look it up. Know the Laws of The Internet.

I've saved ALL of your accusatory posts.

You've stepped over the line and crossed the boundary on this one.

Take Care ...
<quoted text>
Rush killed him
Carter

Pompano Beach, FL

#811917 Nov 26, 2012
<quoted text>
NO...the USA lost, just as it has for the last 4 years of incompetent Obama shenanigans, and the morons who chose to re-elect the corrupt puppet of the Chicago Democratic Machine are representative of the lowlife bottomfeeding leeches (and at least one drunk from Boca) who now inhabit our once great nation, the one that Michelle Obama was never proud of prior to the incompetent Obama was elected to office on a platform of magic hopey-changey voodoo.

“life under BO”

buena vista

#811919 Nov 26, 2012
Jules wrote:
<quoted text>The Head in the Sand excuse. When will you lefties realize every time you ignore this excuse it proves you to be such morons. The CRA and social engineering by Democrats had everything to do with mortgages being given on on $450k homes to people making $70K before the unscrupoulos & greedy began selling those mortgages to investment houses who hid them in investments & sold them to unsuspecting buyers.
Democrats often have good intentions with unforseen consequences. Add it to other attempts to be "fair," like social promotion and affirmative action. Society then gets to deal with the mess and the productive get to foot the bill. And meanwhile, America inches closer to resembling a failed Euro state.
Davey has yet to refute any of the facts, he just condemns. Willfully ignorant is the term.

“life under BO”

buena vista

#811920 Nov 26, 2012
It's all here davey, open your eyes and see the truth:

"agencies would have to lower their standards in terms of such things as down payments and the required incomes. These subprime borrowers would be charged a higher interest rate. Having put the lending agencies into the position of granting subprime mortgages Fannie Mae then had to accept lower standards in the mortgages it purchased. That set the ball rolling. If a bank granted a mortgage to a borrower that was not likely to successfully pay off the mortgage then all the bank had to do was to sell such mortgages to Fannie Mae. The banks typically earned a loan origination fee when the mortgage was granted. The lending agencies could then make substantial profits dealing in subprime mortgages."

The banks and mortgage cos. didn't give a shit, F and F[read the taxpayers} was on the hook for the defaults.

No bank is going to loan millions and billions if their money is on the line.

Wise up.

“life under BO”

buena vista

#811921 Nov 26, 2012
POS Obama and ACORN were right there, in on the action, opening the floodgates, and now the scumbag liar has the gall to blame this on Bush?

He frikking owns this mess.
RUSH10ME

Gloucester, VA

#811922 Nov 26, 2012
<quoted text>
Rush10 admitted he killed one of his oyster buying customers and through him in the James River in the 80's, then asked brown eyes if he/she ever killed a man.
Must be feeling guilty, assuming it was this time of year.
I have never done anything I have ever been ashamed of , but I did buy you at a lower price than expected , I bet your husband is real jealous !
new yawk

Tonawanda, NY

#811923 Nov 26, 2012
But that doesn't mean his reason was because he was confessing.
Or because he was guilty of committing the crime.
You should look at yourself. You're a paranoid mess.
You see demons, devils, and racists in every white face.
Aint no way to go through life. And basically, you're a coward.
You're only getting mouthy now because, well one you're drunk, and you think debil, dem are going to come to your rescue. HA!
I'll still drill you a new concept, you a$$ kisser.

Yes, I Am A Legend In My Own Time.
Yes, look at me. I stood up and defended My Husband.
While you, suck a$$, allowed him and yourself to be dawged.
You call it, better than. I consider you less than.

Bragging? If I had to choose one of the two, I'd say letting it be known he doesn't fck around. And don't fck with me kinda guy.
But certainly no confession or sign of guilt. That's your warped mind talkin'... Which is a fawkin' mess.
<quoted text>
He told the story for a reason. Get stuffed.
Humans act in strange ways if they think they are anonymous. Look at you, a legend in your own mind.
He's a murderer who got away with it, he's either bragging or feels guilty.
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#811924 Nov 26, 2012
new yawk wrote:
But that doesn't mean his reason was because he was confessing.
Or because he was guilty of committing the crime.
You should look at yourself. You're a paranoid mess.
You see demons, devils, and racists in every white face.
Aint no way to go through life. And basically, you're a coward.
You're only getting mouthy now because, well one you're drunk, and you think debil, dem are going to come to your rescue. HA!
I'll still drill you a new concept, you a$$ kisser.
Yes, I Am A Legend In My Own Time.
Yes, look at me. I stood up and defended My Husband.
While you, suck a$$, allowed him and yourself to be dawged.
You call it, better than. I consider you less than.
Bragging? If I had to choose one of the two, I'd say letting it be known he doesn't fck around. And don't fck with me kinda guy.
But certainly no confession or sign of guilt. That's your warped mind talkin'... Which is a fawkin' mess.
<quoted text>
Husband> I thought you were a man

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#811925 Nov 26, 2012
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
There is low consumer demand, lack of confidence in government, and little reason for many people to bother working when they can vote themselves a share of the property of others.
exactly what the Republicans did with future generations by targeting the current welfare or entitlement society in 2003 with Medicare Part D when Bush signed it into law and added 7 trillion dollars to the Federal Deficit for providing for the current non productive members of Society.
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#811927 Nov 26, 2012
Alloramadai wrote:
<quoted text>
Late on the draw, moron. Your opinion is worth about as much as your vote in the last election. Wait - you voted for who?
Ok, time for a little nostalgia:

Republican minority leader admits that he handed out tobacco industry bribes on the floor of the House of Representatives in order to secure subsidies for an industry that kills 443,000 Americans every year.

Republican Minority Leader John Boehner explains why he handed out bribes on the House floor

“life under BO”

buena vista

#811928 Nov 26, 2012
<quoted text>
You voted for more of the same, what do you think can possibly change? Moore of Obama's failures?

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#811929 Nov 26, 2012
sage won wrote:
POS Obama and ACORN were right there, in on the action, opening the floodgates, and now the scumbag liar has the gall to blame this on Bush?
He frikking owns this mess.
even conservatives like Bruce Bartlett blame Bush and Bruce called it right and 2008 is when chickens came home to roost.

BRUCE BARTLETT: Bankrupt America? Yes, I think that we have had something like a $20 trillion increase in the national debt under this president's watch and I think that one of these days, I don't know when, but one of these days, the chickens are going to come home to roost.

http://www.deepjournal.com/p/7/a/en/590.html

Bruce Bartlett

Bruce Reeves Bartlett (b. October 11, 1951, in Ann Arbor, Michigan) is an American historian whose area of expertise is supply-side economics. He served as a domestic policy adviser to President Ronald Reagan and as a Treasury official under President George H. W. Bush.

Bartlett has written several books and magazine articles critical of the George W. Bush Administration, whose economic policies he believes significantly depart from traditional conservative principles.

Criticism of George W. Bush administration

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bruce_Bartlett#C...

“life under BO”

buena vista

#811930 Nov 26, 2012
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
There is low consumer demand, lack of confidence in government, and little reason for many people to bother working when they can vote themselves a share of the property of others.
I'm hip, ur preaching to the choir.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#811931 Nov 26, 2012
Anonymous of Indy wrote:
<quoted text>exactly what the Republicans did with future generations by targeting the current welfare or entitlement society in 2003 with Medicare Part D when Bush signed it into law and added 7 trillion dollars to the Federal Deficit for providing for the current non productive members of Society.
Medicare Part D was a mistake, but would have been passed eventually by the Democrats. The cost of Part D is trivial compared to Obamacare.

Now, do you want to dwell on the mistakes of the past or attack current problems?
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#811932 Nov 26, 2012
WASHINGTON -- When Mitt Romney served as CEO of Bain & Co., his consulting firm helped tobacco giant Philip Morris develop a groundbreaking sales strategy that researchers say has been linked to an unprecedented spike in youth smoking. On Friday April 2, 1993, Philip Morris stunned Wall Street and tobacco experts by the slashing price on its flagship Marlboro brand by 40 cents a pack, to $1.80. It was a landmark day for the tobacco industry, one that became known as "Marlboro Friday" to public health experts.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Word (Dec '08) 1 hr andet1987 4,662
Ping G20 Irons Compared With Cheap G15 Irons (May '12) 1 hr lucy 2
chief keef 1 hr sd 1
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 1 hr voice of peace 68,393
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 3 hr JOEL 69,030
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 3 hr Louis Slungpoo 46,358
ISIS Plans to Blow Up an Entire American City a... 3 hr bing 9662 51
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 4 hr LRS 177,461
•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE