Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1250640 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#812182 Nov 27, 2012
U.S. Consumer Confidence Rises To Four-Year High

http://livewire.talkingpointsmemo.com/entry/u...

So is it because Obama won, or because the GOP lost?
Dane Thorsen

AOL

#812184 Nov 27, 2012
Remember, Obama isn't interested in "improving" anything. He and the Pelosi Goons are ONLY interested in blaming others for their abject Failures. Think 10 year olds but with much more demonic motivations.

Are Americans stupid enough to settle for Obama's Orwellian Nightmare?.......Yes. Americans proved they are too stupid to handle self government on Nov 6th.

52% proved they could care less about their own childrens futures. They voted for their children to be pathetic tax slaves to Big Brother.
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#812185 Nov 27, 2012
flack wrote:
<quoted text> You're nuts. They could get a second job. Then they wouldn't need public assistance. Every one I know who works at WalMart is happy working there, at least as much as working anywhere. You loony libtards think every business should pay $20 an hour for everyone and offer full health insurance. It's not their job to babysit their employees. You libtards are going to destroy this country with your Santa Claus politics!
Starbucks, Target, Home Depot, UPS, Whole Foods, Costco, Lands End:
all provide healthcare benefits to parttime workers who work 20 hours.
The government is subsidizing your precious Walleyworld! You are paying their employees healthcare!
And, you call me nuts.
$420,000 per store.

Since: Oct 08

Location hidden

#812186 Nov 27, 2012
sonicfilter wrote:
U.S. Consumer Confidence Rises To Four-Year High
http://livewire.talkingpointsmemo.com/entry/u...
So is it because Obama won, or because the GOP lost?
It had to rise, it couldn't go any deeper in the dumpster? Have you found gainful employment yet?? Maybe the Indianapolis Soup Kitchen is hiring??
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#812187 Nov 27, 2012
Walmart Paved the Way for Poverty Wages

http://www.thenation.com/blog/171458/walmart-...
Homer

Effort, PA

#812188 Nov 27, 2012
TSM wrote:
Republicans should be as bold as they were on the Stimulus not a single vote!! Republicans should wise up and turn over the Keys to the Liberals/Democrats by doing the right thing …Vote Present!!
Wrong as usual -

Snowe (R-ME), Yea
Collins (R-ME), Yea
Specter (R-PA), Yea

http://www.senate.gov/legislative/LIS/roll_ca...

Since: May 11

Loysville, PA

#812189 Nov 27, 2012
TSM wrote:
Republicans should be as bold as they were on the Stimulus not a single vote!! Republicans should wise up and turn over the Keys to the Liberals/Democrats by doing the right thing …Vote Present!!
Yes, TSM, the perpetual moron, thinks the Republicans should continue to vote NOT to help us recover.

The stimulus bill took Bush's 700,000 a month job losses to job gains.

I have news, if the Republicans try that crap again, they will be blamed & then lose even more seats in 2014.
Homer

Effort, PA

#812190 Nov 27, 2012
sonicfilter wrote:
Walmart Paved the Way for Poverty Wages
http://www.thenation.com/blog/171458/walmart-...
Homer has been saying this all along. Pretty soon they will just stop paying them and just issue a store credit.

Whne they do this remember you heard it here first.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#812191 Nov 27, 2012
Carter wrote:
<quoted text> I see you can support your local Walmart right there in your state of Indiana; you'll be able to buy lily her Christmas present now...perhaps an Obama Chia-head, or even better...they do have a liquor department, don't they? LOL
I was actually thinking of giving joke gifts.

The Real Romney

http://www.walmart.com/ip/The-Real-Romney/171...
Homer

Effort, PA

#812192 Nov 27, 2012
Walmart is the second worst thing to happen to America with Bush being first.

Homer only going back 10 years, don't even get me started on Reagan.

Since: May 11

Loysville, PA

#812193 Nov 27, 2012
flack wrote:
<quoted text> You're nuts. They could get a second job. Then they wouldn't need public assistance. Every one I know who works at WalMart is happy working there, at least as much as working anywhere. You loony libtards think every business should pay $20 an hour for everyone and offer full health insurance. It's not their job to babysit their employees. You libtards are going to destroy this country with your Santa Claus politics!
Flack likes to demand everyone work for minimum wage or less otherwise companies can't possibly make a profit. Then Flack likes to bitch about how may people are on food stamps.

Right whiners are too stupid to know low wages & the number of people on food stamps are related.
Homer

Effort, PA

#812195 Nov 27, 2012
lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
Starbucks, Target, Home Depot, UPS, Whole Foods, Costco, Lands End:
all provide healthcare benefits to parttime workers who work 20 hours.
The government is subsidizing your precious Walleyworld! You are paying their employees healthcare!
And, you call me nuts.
$420,000 per store.
Flack doesn't care, he just wants low low prices and stuff made in China.
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#812196 Nov 27, 2012
Alloramadai wrote:
<quoted text>
My mother refuses to shop at her local Walmart. However, if she is out of town, she will go to a Walmart "just to look." That way no one from her hometown sees her there. Dad shops there, but refers to it as the "W" store. In a small town where choices are limited, they really have the townspeople over a barrel.
That's cute. Yes, being the only store in a town is their plan.
Have nieces in a small town in Massachusetts; they buy everything there, they're almost forced to. That town was devasted by a hurricane a couple of years ago; there was talk of building a casino there! Another plan! Employee the whole town at the casino, and they give their money right back to them, same with Walmart.
It's sad. As I said, they may as well just build barracks for them.
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#812197 Nov 27, 2012
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>Homer has been saying this all along. Pretty soon they will just stop paying them and just issue a store credit.
Whne they do this remember you heard it here first.
Yes, and dormitories
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#812198 Nov 27, 2012
Author and reporter Tom Ricks on Tuesday kept the heat on Fox News Channel after an executive for the network claimed in an interview that the Pulitzer Prize-winning journalist apologized in private for his sharp criticism of Fox's coverage of the September attack in Benghazi.

FNC executive vice president Michael Clemente told the Hollywood Reporter on Monday that Ricks apologized behind closed doors following his appearance on the network on Monday, something the Ricks denied ever took place. In an interview with Politico's Mackenzie Weinger on Tuesday, Ricks gave an even more critical assessment of Clemente's claims, as well as the journalistic practices of both Fox and the Hollywood Reporter.

“Clemente is making it up, and it is sloppy of Hollywood Reporter to not ask him for specifics (what exactly am I alleged to have said?) and also to seek a response from me,” Ricks wrote via email.“Why are they doing this? Because their MO is that when the facts aren’t on their side, they attack the person.”

http://livewire.talkingpointsmemo.com/entry/r...
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#812199 Nov 27, 2012
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>Flack doesn't care, he just wants low low prices and stuff made in China.
The other companies listed carry products from China too; it's just that they are better stewards of their communities.
Flack's not bright enough to comprehend the whole picture. Sorry Flack, but it's true. Millions just like him; lining up for hours to get in on Friday. Mon dieu!
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#812200 Nov 27, 2012
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
I was actually thinking of giving joke gifts.
The Real Romney
http://www.walmart.com/ip/The-Real-Romney/171...
Are the pages blank?

Since: Oct 08

Location hidden

#812201 Nov 27, 2012
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, TSM, the perpetual moron, thinks the Republicans should continue to vote NOT to help us recover.
The stimulus bill took Bush's 700,000 a month job losses to job gains.
I have news, if the Republicans try that crap again, they will be blamed & then lose even more seats in 2014.
Really Dave, Whose going to pay the bill?
Homer

Effort, PA

#812202 Nov 27, 2012
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Flack likes to demand everyone work for minimum wage or less otherwise companies can't possibly make a profit. Then Flack likes to bitch about how may people are on food stamps.
Right whiners are too stupid to know low wages & the number of people on food stamps are related.
Yep, fck em, they can get a second, 3rd job, he doesn't care if they never see their kids, they never should have had them in the first place. Doesn't matter if their job was shipped overseas they should have anticipated that.

"....are there no prisons, are there no workhouses? Let them die and decrease the surplus population..."
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#812203 Nov 27, 2012
Alloramadai wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow. You are an amazing individual! Kudos
Hmmm, I smell a fish. I'm calling Nate the Great

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 19 min Dr Guru 192,011
Tony Rezko's great friends, BH Obama & Valerie ... 2 hr Natty Bumpo 3
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 2 hr osangaope 53,926
News Should we really be OK with the surgical remova... 2 hr An NHL Fan 82
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 5 hr White_Lightning 6,138
Word (Dec '08) 5 hr White_Lightning 5,321
News Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 6 hr Mark 52,015
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 12 hr PEllen 99,878
More from around the web

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages