Barack Obama, our next President

Full story: Hampton Roads Daily Press

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...
Comments
750,321 - 750,340 of 1,083,777 Comments Last updated 1 hr ago
Nightchalker

Lansing, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 26, 2012

Judged:

dem wrote:
<quoted text>
Losers lament!
Cry me a river next, hillbilly azzhole.
Juss like ya mudda!
Jane Dough

Bellows Falls, VT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 26, 2012

John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
So you might think, but Obama always has an excuse for everything.
Just like children.
yes, Obama is apparently the first president in our history to have an opposition party...

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 26, 2012

carol wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, I was going to say marijuana will eventually be legalized in all 50 states and you can bet people will be puffing away anytime and anywhere.
Even though it distorts perception and affects one's ability to think clearly, those of us who don't like the smell of marijuana will just have to tolerate it - and those stoned on it.
Wait and see.
I agree, the Federal Government will legalized Marijuana as long as the State the Federal Governments are allowed to Regulate and Tax Marijuana just like Alcoholic beverages.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 26, 2012

Judged:

shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>Humans have been polluting the world forever with campfires and clear-burns for agriculture and hunting. But so, too, has the world itself polluted itself with volcanism, lightning and lightning-forest fires, methane releasing plants and swamps and rotting animals.

The major difference hear is that the Earth heals itself over tens of thousands and even millions of years and it's polluting is widely distributed over time and distances. Humans are quick and dirty, so quick and dirty that the Earth can't keep up its cleaning chores anymore.

But I don't think that campfires, Autumn Leaf Burning and smoking tobacco in the privacy of out homes is going to bring time to a standstill. We drink from plastic bottles leaching chemicals that can cause genetic changes. We consume foods made from GMO tinkering that hasn't been thoroughly explored for safety.. We tolerate a lot of dangerous behaviors from alcohol consumers at sports events and laugh it off, Modernista babes are cutting off their toes to fit into stylish high heels, mothers are getting plastic surgery for their prepubescent darlings and taking drugs to lose weight and yet the PC Chihuahuas are yapping at every corner about 64oz. pop, 2nd hand smoke, McDonald's Menu and quoting Dr. Oz like he was the Wall st. version of St. Peter.

Hypocrisy and misdirected priorities are more of a social problem than the PC Crowd's latest Project-Of-The-Day.
I believe I will one day regret saying this....Good post, and I agree. Nicely put.
brown eyes

Roanoke, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 26, 2012

Judged:

Constitution-lover wrote:
Weyou all have your communist President. I have sold the last of my comercial properties. Now sell our house and my wife and I are gonna leave the USA...Sad times to see the once great nation cast into communism.
Don't let the door hit you where the Good Lord split you. America love it or leave it. Men and women have fought and died to make this a free country.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 26, 2012

Impeach Obama wrote:
<quoted text>Local atheists have forced the city of Santa Monica to ban the display of nativity scenes while Gov. Moonbeam signed a law requiring California public schools to teach the homosexual lifestyle and recognize October as "Gay History Month".
As an agnostic, I have my own feelings. However, if I don't what to see the nativity scene, then I look the other way! My opinion - they are a symbol of the holiday season like wreaths, greenery, colored lights, etc. I don't care to worship in a church, so I make the decision not to go. However, this doesn't mean I don't feel churches should be banned.

When does it stop? My rights should not inflict on the rights of others, and in a likewise manner your rights should not inflict on mine. You like to smoke? Fine! However, I will excuse myself from a situation if you decide to light up because I don't choose to smell like your smoke. I don't care to own a gun (red-headed with quick temper - not a good idea). However, that doesn't mean you can't own a gun. If I were to learn the fetus I carry will not survive in the world without many surgeries, will need tube feedings and similar treatments to sustain its life, it is MY decision to terminate the pregnancy. My fetus, my body, my decision.

I think it all falls back to having respect and honor for other human beings.
Jane Dough

Bellows Falls, VT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 26, 2012

Anonymous of Indy wrote:
<quoted text>I agree, the Federal Government will legalized Marijuana as long as the State the Federal Governments are allowed to Regulate and Tax Marijuana just like Alcoholic beverages.
I expect the next generation will buy pot at the store and grow tobacco in their closet...
got that hetty Corojo?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 26, 2012

Judged:

shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>If Stupidity isn't measured then why are you continually asked "How stupid are you?"?

You must have some sort of talent that people want to rely on, eh?
I have many gifts to offer others, none of which I believe are talents. And you?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 26, 2012

shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>Can you say "Elitism"?
Yes, but polar opposite terms
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 26, 2012

Judged:

Hello jackwagons.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 26, 2012

Impeach Obama wrote:
<quoted text>Pure oxygen itself is not combustible, but combining it with other elements makes THEM extremely combustible, just like pure water doesn't conduct electricity. It's the minerals and impurities in the water that conduct the electricity.
Yes, thank you. Without getting into a discussion completely off topic, I may have been referring more toward pressure in delivery.
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 26, 2012

Judged:

carol wrote:
<quoted text>
And someone as high as a kite will say "no" on all three questions and get hired. Marijuana wasn't one of the no-nos.
Many people are routinely drug tested; many jobs require drug testing prior to being hired.
Is that fair? What if a person likes to smoke pot from time to time on the weekends? Doesn't mean he's a drug addict and incapable of doing his job.
A person could go and drink on the weekends and still do his or her job on Monday morning.
I can't stand all this probing into peoples lives. I understand why it is done, especially with healthcare workers, police, ambulance drivers emts, etc., but, there are teas people can drink to cover the drugs in your system. We've had quite a few cops and firefighters here busted for selling drugs, mainly oxycontin.
A person could have a prescription for pain medication and be higher than a person who smoked a joint on the weekend.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 26, 2012

Impeach Obama wrote:
<quoted text>Didn't they teach you chemistry in medical school or did you study in Pakistan, as your name and grammar skills imply?
Name is Italian, grammar is proper.
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 26, 2012

Homer wrote:
Hello jackwagons.
Bah
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 26, 2012

With the fiscal cliff looming for the United States, some Republican members of Congress said Sunday they are ready to break a long standing pledge not to raise taxes.

"The only pledge we should be making to each other is to avoid becoming Greece. And Republicans should put revenue on the table," South Carolina Sen. Lindsey Graham said on ABC's "This Week."

Read more of the discussion of the fiscal on "This Week" today.

Graham's comments followed those by another Republican senator, Saxby Chambliss of Georgia, who said last week he'll no longer abide by the pledge.

"I care more about my country than I do about a 20-year-old pledge," he said in a local interview.

He got support today from House member Peter King, another Republican from New York.

"I agree entirely with Saxby Chambliss -- a pledge he signed 20 years ago, 18 years ago is for that Congress," King said on NBC's "Meet the Press." He added, "The world is changed and the economic situation is different."

http://news.yahoo.com/gop-starting-rebel-agai...

Republicans are coming apart at the seams.
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 26, 2012

Judged:

Alloramadai wrote:
<quoted text>
Name is Italian, grammar is proper.
I thought you were a man! and thought brown eyes was a woman; now I'm all confused!
Interesting about the 12 hour shifts. I think you're right about it. Your body adjusts to the hours after awhile.
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 26, 2012

lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
Many people are routinely drug tested; many jobs require drug testing prior to being hired.
Is that fair? What if a person likes to smoke pot from time to time on the weekends? Doesn't mean he's a drug addict and incapable of doing his job.
A person could go and drink on the weekends and still do his or her job on Monday morning.
I can't stand all this probing into peoples lives. I understand why it is done, especially with healthcare workers, police, ambulance drivers emts, etc., but, there are teas people can drink to cover the drugs in your system. We've had quite a few cops and firefighters here busted for selling drugs, mainly oxycontin.
A person could have a prescription for pain medication and be higher than a person who smoked a joint on the weekend.
Peppy may or may not smoke pot from time to time on the weekends.
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 26, 2012

Judged:

Constitution-lover wrote:
<quoted text>
I love what the USA use to be. Before the commie liberals took it over...I will leave and take my millions with me...ONE LESS TAX PAYER SUPPORTING YOU WELFARE BABIES....
Yes many have died to make it FREE...now you welfare babies want everything for free.
Finally, one loud mouth rightwing hillbilly putting his money where his mouth is and is leaving this great nation. Where to? Bora Bora? Anything Homer can do to help expedite the process?
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 26, 2012

Judged:

Alloramadai wrote:
<quoted text>
I believe I will one day regret saying this....Good post, and I agree. Nicely put.
"Modernista babes cutting off toes to fit into high heels"?
Come on now.
He sounds like Dennis Miller on a rant
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 26, 2012

Judged:

carol wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, I was going to say marijuana will eventually be legalized in all 50 states and you can bet people will be puffing away anytime and anywhere.
Even though it distorts perception and affects one's ability to think clearly, those of us who don't like the smell of marijuana will just have to tolerate it - and those stoned on it.
Wait and see.
And maybe the lesson has been learned that imposing your habits upon others just because you have an overblown sense of your own entitlement is something that will not be tolerated in today's society.

Anyway, by default most pot smokers will just chill out at home. Maybe you should try some. For, you know, the chill out part. Then we can start calling you Bob Marley and all will be right with the world.

what a pipe dream.(yes, pun!)

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

49 Users are viewing the Chicago Forum right now

Search the Chicago Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Word (Dec '08) 11 min _Zoey_ 4,591
Music Artists A to Z 13 min _Zoey_ 263
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 1 hr Louis Slungpoo 45,893
The Best Investment Advice Of All Time 1 hr Chan 1
Top 100 Inspirational Quotes 2 hr Chan 1
Last word + 2 (Mar '12) 2 hr andet1987 477
Four letter word game (Dec '11) 2 hr andet1987 1,198
Amy 7-30 3 hr pde 21
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 4 hr LRS 175,138
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 9 hr PEllen 97,577
•••
•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs