Barack Obama, our next President

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ... Full Story
TheIndependentMa jority

East Bernstadt, KY

#811426 Nov 26, 2012
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
Was the data showing the decline in heart attacks from 212 to 102 per 100,000 residents due to smoking bans among smokers only? What percentage of that decline were people merely exposed to second hand smoke?
Because no one is arguing smoking isn't harmful.
Anyone sane with any sense anyway :-).
RUSH10ME

Hayes, VA

#811427 Nov 26, 2012
Obama 2016 wrote:
<quoted text>46% of lung cancer cases are caused by sidesteam smoke. 65% of childhood asthma is caused by sidestream smoke. 70% of all murders are caused by deadly firearms. You call those miniscule amounts? You're a moron.
Guns don't kill people without some one pulling the trigger , man has been killing man since man apeared on earth , get rid of guns and people will stab ,club , beat ,set fire to ,drown , drag ,each other to death the same way they did before gun powder existed , oh I dare say the US isn't the only country addicted to oil . and obama will be lucky to finish out this term , you have delusions of a third term ?
Jules

Piscataway, NJ

#811428 Nov 26, 2012
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
The CRA excuse. When will you right whiners realize every time you bring up this excuse it proves you to be such morons. The CRA had nothing to do with mortgages being given on $450k homes to people making $70K & then selling those mortgages to investment houses who hid them in investments & sold them to unsuspecting buyers.
The Head in the Sand excuse. When will you lefties realize every time you ignore this excuse it proves you to be such morons. The CRA and social engineering by Democrats had everything to do with mortgages being given on on $450k homes to people making $70K before the unscrupoulos & greedy began selling those mortgages to investment houses who hid them in investments & sold them to unsuspecting buyers.

Democrats often have good intentions with unforseen consequences. Add it to other attempts to be "fair," like social promotion and affirmative action. Society then gets to deal with the mess and the productive get to foot the bill. And meanwhile, America inches closer to resembling a failed Euro state.
ARGUING with IDIOTS

Chico, CA

#811429 Nov 26, 2012
TheIndependentMajority wrote:
<quoted text>Exactly--peoples personal airspace is just that...none of anyone elses business.
I hate it when people invade my airspace and get in the way of my smoke!
TheIndependentMa jority

East Bernstadt, KY

#811430 Nov 26, 2012
MR BRINK wrote:
<quoted text>
KNOW THIS, CAROL: SAN FRANCISCO PREFERS YOU WOULD AS WELL.
KNOW THIS TOO, CAROL: AS A PERSISTENT SPREADER OF FILTH, AND A VECTOR FOR DISEASED THOUGHT, YOU ABSENCE FROM THIS THREAD WILL SERVE AS CONFIRMATION OF YOUR ACTUAL DEATH, OR SOMETHING THAT IS CLOSE ENOUGH.
(YOU CAN FEEL THE BEGINNING OF MY EMBRACE RIGHT NOW, CAN'T YOU CAROL (THAT'S RHETORICAL). AS A SMOKER WITH DIABETES, COPD AND HIGH CHOLESTEROL, YOU'RE NOT EVEN PEEKING AT ME FROM BEHIND YOUR FAN ANYMORE; YOU'RE IN FULL-BLOWN COURTSHIP MODE. I DON'T EVEN HAVE TO CHASE YOU DOWN TO MOUNT YOU ...
/jc
Didn't anyone tell you NO smoking in public places.

Sniff...sniff.....ah smells smoke!!!!!!!!!!

Why you think you no have to foller rules like the rest of us?

Shame on YOU!

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

#811431 Nov 26, 2012
Alloramadai wrote:
<quoted text>
You are incorrect. It is combustible if in use or otherwise. It is gauged into the pressure valve access. Please don't allow me to assist you in looking any more stupid than you already appear, John.
Let me correct you all on something. O2 is an expedite. It does not burn. It does however makes everything else burn faster and stronger.
TheIndependentMa jority

East Bernstadt, KY

#811432 Nov 26, 2012
MR BRINK wrote:
<quoted text>
I JUST REALIZED HOW FUNNY THIS IS, COMING FROM ONE WHO SPENDS HOUR AFTER HOUR, DAY AFTER DAY, WEEK AFTER WEEK ... TYPING IN A SH!T STAINED MUMU.
YOU ARE MY ULTIMATE STRAIGHT WOMAN, CAROL. I COULD NOT WISH FOR MORE ...AND, AS STRAIGHT MAN TO MR. BRINK, YOU COULD NOT ASPIRE TO MORE...
/jc
Yew musta went to one dem dar third world skewls like that bocaca rat on loonatic.

WTH kind of teacher smoked in a classroom.

Even 45 years ago, that was UNheard of, let alone ever seen-in CIVILIZED America anyway.
TheIndependentMa jority

East Bernstadt, KY

#811433 Nov 26, 2012
yepperz wrote:
<quoted text>
Worrisome? What's worrisome is that people like you expect others to abuse crap that is going to make them sick just to prove a point. A childish attitude if there ever was one. Like cutting off your nose to spite your face? Proving what? Stupidity? Drink all the soda you like, smoke all the butts you need to but don't expect everyone else to go along with your ignorance and childish refusal to take responsibility for one's health. You're starting to sound like a blithering idiot.
Harmful Effects of Soft Drinks (Soda)
Weight Gain & Obesity: Drinking a single 330 ml can a day of sugary drinks translates to more than 1 pound (0.45 kg) of weight gain every month. The relationship between soft drink consumption and body weight is so strong that researchers calculate that for each additional sugar-sweetened soft drink consumed, the risk of obesity increases 1.6 times.
Sodas affect Kidneys: A three year study of over 1,000 men with a history of kidney stones showed that there was a clear-cut difference in the group's experiences, with much less renal colic in the men who had avoided soft drinks. Soft drinks acidified with phosphoric acid were the worst offenders.
Dental Decay: A large number of soft drinks are acidic and some may have a pH of 3 or even lower. The acidity can dissolve the mineral content of the enamel, making the teeth weaker, more sensitive, and more susceptible to decay.
Sodas affect Liver: According to a new Israeli medical study, drinking soft drinks can cause damage to your liver. Scientists from Israel found that people who drank a litre of fizzy drinks were five times more likely to develop fatty liver disease. Even drinking a couple of cans of fizzy drinks a day raised the risk of liver damage in addition to causing diabetes and heart damage.
Can lead to Alzheimer: Soft drinks are extremely acidic, so much so that they can eat through the liner of an aluminum can and leach aluminum from the can if it sits on the shelf too long.
Cause Sugar Crash: The high amounts of sugar in soft drinks cause your pancreas to produce an abundance of insulin, which leads to a "sugar crash". The "sugar crash" is evidenced by lethargy, loss of interest in work tasks and even sleepiness. Chronic elevation and depletion of sugar and insulin can lead to diabetes and other imbalance related diseases. This is particularly disruptive to growing children which can lead to life-long health problems.
Drops Potassium level in blood: It was found that people who drank 2 to 9 liters of cola a day experienced severe fatigue, appetite loss and also persistent vomiting at times. This is mainly due to a condition known as hypokalemia where there is a drop in the level of potassium in the blood.
Weakened Bones and Risk of Osteoporosis: Frequent consumption of soft drinks may also increase the risk of osteoporosis, especially in people who drink soft drinks instead of calcium-rich milk. High soda consumption in children poses a significant risk factor for impaired calcification of growing bones.
No Nutritional Value: Unless fortified, soft drinks contain little to no vitamins, minerals, fiber, protein, or other essential nutrients. Soft drinks may also displace other healthier choices in people's diets, such as water, milk, and fruit juice.
Increased Blood Pressure: Experts have reasons to believe that over consumption of fructose (a form of sugar found in sweetened soft drinks) leads to an increase in blood pressure.
Is that crap allowable on SNAP programs? It shouldn't be.
Now put down the babas and do something constructive for a change.
TheIndependentMa jority

East Bernstadt, KY

#811434 Nov 26, 2012
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
I absolutely appreciate your argument. When I quit smoking years ago, I couldn't stand to be around cigarette smoke and wondered why I or anyone ever took up the habit.
But do you even realize the profundity of what you posted?
"We, the employees, were not allowed to smoke anywhere near the campus. If we were witnessed smoking while on duty, we were subject to termination. If a coworker suspected someone of smoking, they were encouraged to turn the offender in."
This doesn't sound eerily like Orwell's "Big Brother" to you?
"Not allowed"..."witnesse d smoking"..."subject to termination"..."turn the offender in".
It sure does to me.
Ah never could understand why people just couldn't seem to find the cigarettes OUT here cans....with in the two feet of where they'd flip their butts to the ground at.

Musta bean a lot of demercrats smoking in herd packs LOL .
TheIndependentMa jority

East Bernstadt, KY

#811435 Nov 26, 2012
dem wrote:
<quoted text>
now that you "got to me"
get to sucking my co ck like im your father, yawkie.
sorry for the foul language on the sabbath but some mutts must be killed.
You aint got that right duhmo...unless someone is attacking yew.

Ah didn't think you were actually doing any sort of any decent Lords work.

Ya hedonistic, barbaric, stone age, pea brained, knuckle dragging heathern.
TheIndependentMa jority

East Bernstadt, KY

#811437 Nov 26, 2012
THE DEBIL wrote:
<quoted text>
THE LAS' WORDS OF RAMSES THE SECOND?
The new Pharoah in Egypt?

How's that democracy thing werking out now?

WTH were we doing in Libya?
TheIndependentMa jority

East Bernstadt, KY

#811438 Nov 26, 2012
Obama 2016 wrote:
<quoted text>Deadly chemicals such as freon and R12 escaping from refrigeration devices is the number one cause of ozone depletion. Ozone depletion along with America's addiction to oil are the top two causes of global warming. And America's addiction to guns is the number one cause of senseless murders. If President Obama would restrict firearms solely to the military and members of well armed militias, aka state and local law enforcement, as the Constitution clearly states, health care costs could be reduced substantially. Maybe the restrictions can be included in President Obama's Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act. It's time America got rid of all these guns, all 310 million of them, one for every man, woman and child in America.
Betta ban A/C too!!
TheIndependentMa jority

East Bernstadt, KY

#811439 Nov 26, 2012
RUSH10ME wrote:
<quoted text>Guns don't kill people without some one pulling the trigger , man has been killing man since man apeared on earth , get rid of guns and people will stab ,club , beat ,set fire to ,drown , drag ,each other to death the same way they did before gun powder existed , oh I dare say the US isn't the only country addicted to oil . and obama will be lucky to finish out this term , you have delusions of a third term ?
Like the Constitution doesn't apply-talk about wierd and WARPED huh?
TheIndependentMa jority

East Bernstadt, KY

#811440 Nov 26, 2012
ARGUING with IDIOTS wrote:
<quoted text>
I hate it when people invade my airspace and get in the way of my smoke!
Hey, so long as your off to yourself.

I hate it when people just want to try and make up straws to grasp at to biotch like the patheTic ignotards they are about others.

Oughta be an automatic slap in the mouth machine line for dem dar duhmbo kinds ta have ta go stand in lol.
brown eyes

Clintwood, VA

#811441 Nov 26, 2012
Do you know how you can spot a level headed TEA Party man at a TEA Party rally? He has tobacco juice running down both corners of his mouth.
mr owl II

Oklahoma City, OK

#811442 Nov 26, 2012
Pres Obama, Marines, unemployment, and windmills...

"Obama is firing 20,000 Marines at the same time he is blowing hundreds of millions on green energy"

http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/
mr owl II

Oklahoma City, OK

#811443 Nov 26, 2012
Pres Obama, black guys that are funny, and religious idols...

Its like church in here. Id like to give honor to god and our lord and savior, Barack Obama.

http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/
mr owl II

Oklahoma City, OK

#811444 Nov 26, 2012
Pres obama and the angry league....

A time is coming when people will go mad and when they see someone who is not mad, they will attack him, saying,You are mad, you are not like us.

http://www.stpaulsirvine.org/html/saintanthon...
RUSH10ME

Hayes, VA

#811445 Nov 26, 2012
brown eyes wrote:
Do you know how you can spot a level headed TEA Party man at a TEA Party rally? He has tobacco juice running down both corners of his mouth.
You know how to tell if you are standing next to a liberal democrat ? He has his hand in your pocket .
mr owl II

Oklahoma City, OK

#811446 Nov 26, 2012
Pres Obama, Obamacare, and a college that cuts jobs to defeat it...

"CCAC Cuts Adjuncts' Hours To Avoid Obamacare Requirements"

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/11/20/ccac...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 7 min Hey U 50,660
Amy 10-24 1 hr RACE 16
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 1 hr _Zoey_ 4,800
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 1 hr WelbyMD 179,478
Last word + 2 (Mar '12) 5 hr Wolverine33 654
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 6 hr Ratloder 68,672
Rattlesnake Logic 8 hr i need a bump to 22
Chicago Dating
Find my Match

Chicago Jobs

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]