Barack Obama, our next President

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ... Full Story

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#811265 Nov 25, 2012
mdbuilder wrote:
<quoted text>
States relax guidelines for qualification and soon the 'poor' aren't the only users of food stamps. States then count all users as an indicator of how many poor they have. It's a circular equation. As numbers rise, federal dollars roll in, financing new recipients. Oregon had a 'merit' program that would reward counties for the most new users. Prizes were awarded to the most innovative and productive counties. On paper, Oregon was getting poorer and poorer but receiving more and more federal dollars.
since you said that, I read that somewhere about Oregon and other states on how they were doing it so that way the Federal Government would allocate & distribute more Federal Dollars for Oregon and other states.
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#811267 Nov 25, 2012
sage won wrote:
<quoted text>
Every new death, every maiming, every serviceman sent home from Afghanistan without a limb is Obama's fault, we are wasting lives and treasure there. WTF is Code Pink? Where are the front page headlines by the LSM reporting every death? Nowhere to be found now that Bush is not president, Obama gets a pass from the dishonest scumbags in the LSM. Obama's drones kill innocents, including women and children.
I believe we've helped the world enough, we need help now.
So when bushie did it, it was good thing?

Because no one could count that high?
Carter

Pompano Beach, FL

#811268 Nov 25, 2012
Lily Boca Raton Fl wrote:
<quoted text>
No they're not. No one gets arrested for smoking cigarettes. You're going off your rocker on this one.
Ask any convenience store owner what his number one sales consist of.
If it's a Boca convenience store, his number one sales would consist of booze, with your name on each and every bottle.
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#811269 Nov 25, 2012
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
And now you're going to get partisan about sex?
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHA.....
Marilyn screwed everything. JFK and his brother Bobby took turns with her. She had every director, athlete and Bellhop from LA to Bangor, Maine inside her and you're going to somehow make her into a Liberal Saint Marilyn?
Heck, you'd be better off using her for Sleeping Pill promos:}
lol! I guess she screwed you, eh son?

“life under BO”

Since: Sep 12

buena vista

#811270 Nov 25, 2012
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
Love your icon OzRitz, a lot of symbolism there. Hidden Location with a generic nobody silhouette. lol
He's a cowardly Australian who believes he's married to a kangaroo. Or two.

“life under BO”

buena vista

#811271 Nov 25, 2012
<quoted text>
No they're not. No one gets arrested for smoking cigarettes. You're going off your rocker on this one.
Ask any convenience store owner what his number one sales consist of.
I can light up in a court room? Or a hospital?

“life under BO”

buena vista

#811272 Nov 25, 2012
Anonymous of Indy wrote:
<quoted text>Michigan too, especially Southeast Michigan(Detroit)area I cant stand being around any of them.
OK with me.
carol

Orlando, FL

#811273 Nov 25, 2012
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
And we, too, need a good father.
Thinking for yourself is always hard, carol, not because of the difficulty in thinking but in suffering the consequences of doing it in public.
This thread is chock full of Jackals suffering from Group-Think. There is safety in numbers. Just ask any Sheep, Cow or Swine.
The safety vanishes at the moment of slaughter, though.
Hang in there, carol.
I've never had a problem standing by and saying what I believe to be the truth. I try to be humble even though it doesn't always come across that way.

But thanks for the post.

(Sorry it took so long to get back to you.)
carol

Orlando, FL

#811274 Nov 25, 2012
Nightchalker wrote:
<quoted text>You are correct.
The LEADING cause of death is BIRTH!
THATS why demonrats are so pro abortion, they are just trying to end needless suffering, caused by listening to demonrats!
That whole "circle of life" thingy!
Uh-oh...you probably shouldn't have brought up the circle of life.
My favorite song in the whole world. I've "sung" it on here a few times and have tried to get others to join in.

Oh heck...here it is again. Sung by Elton. Just can't hear it enough.

John Galt

Temecula, CA

#811275 Nov 25, 2012
American Lady wrote:
NOW OBAMA WANTS YOUR 401(K)
Treasury, Labor on path to nationalize retirement
http://www.wnd.com/2012/11/now-obama-wants-yo...
Obama cannot finance his programs solely by taxing income, so must tax (confiscate) assets.
Lily Boca Raton Fl

Boca Raton, FL

#811276 Nov 25, 2012
moshx wrote:
The lib mind= support the terrorist muslim temple claiming freedom of religion and now atacking a school for a field trip to see A Charlie Brown christmas play because it has christain content.
These subhuman libs are like a cancer that needs to be eradicated .
What a load
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#811277 Nov 25, 2012
<quoted text>
Republicans hate sex cuz they're no good at it.
Bill Maher
From an individual of dubious sexuality and demonstrated inability to maintain a relationship.
Lily Boca Raton Fl

Boca Raton, FL

#811278 Nov 25, 2012
sage won wrote:
<quoted text>
You won't get arrested for doing so

Location hidden

#811279 Nov 25, 2012
sage won wrote:
<quoted text>
Not here in Conservative Indiana, Republican Mitch Daniels made sure of that.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#811280 Nov 25, 2012
Anonymous of Indy wrote:
Republican-Heavy Counties Eat Up Most Food-Stamp Growth
http://www.businessweek.com/news/2012-11-05/r...
Always beware of percentages. If a county moves from one food stamp recipient to two food stamp recipients, that is "growth" of 100%.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#811281 Nov 25, 2012
Anonymous of Indy wrote:
Food Stamp Use is Highest in Red States: The Truth Republicans Do Not Want You to Know
Food stamps are considered a mode of government spending with a high multiplier effect. In other words, when someone is poor and using food stamps (which are now in debit card form) this often triggers more economic activity than it costs. Republicans should find a target for their ire that is less effective at stimulating the economy.
However, what happens is Republicans take the opposite approach. They believe that giving tax breaks to millionaires and billionaires is the best way to stimulate economic growth. The only problem with that is reality.
Economists say that providing food stamps might be the most stimulative action the government can take. Tax cuts for the wealthy ranks around 12th.
I'm not against tax cuts for the wealthy out of any disdain for the wealthy. I prefer everyone would keep 100% of his or her money, but I'm not sure our system that helps generate the wealth would continue to operate. So, the question is, do Republican approaches work? Who do they work for? Do they work long term?
As far as I can tell, Bush was able to stimulate the economy for a while using Republican approaches, but at the end of his time in office it entirely imploded. Reagan, same thing. I think the economy had another collapse right after he left office. So, what about the food stamp issue? Why are Republicans so concerned about it?
Charts of food stamp usage show that while a few Democrat led states have high food stamp usage; food stamp usage is highest consistently across Republican states. What does that say about the Republican approach?
To me, it says that the top down, trickle down theory of economics fails the poor. Under conditions where the poor were helped, one would expect that there would be less reliance on food stamps. People would receive short-term support, a little assistance getting on their feet, maybe some job training, or some assistance paying for community college and would be on their way.
If the poor are uplifted even just slightly then they become tax payers rather than living off food stamps. Republicans are angry about food stamp usage because they have failed to uplift the poor in their states. The top down, trickle down, economic approach has broken social mobility in Republican led states. Republicans are angry because their failed economic approach leaves them with fewer tax payers and more people on welfare.
Do you remember the spike in food stamp usage that occurred after the Bush administration? Take a look at a map of food stamp usage and comment below. In many Republican states (and a few Democrat led), food stamp usage is as much as 1/5th of the population. What does this say about the success of Republicans policies in helping the poor and middle class improve their lives?
http://www.policymic.com/articles/14007/food-...
Why not give food stamps to all Americans and create an instant economic boom?

Location hidden

#811282 Nov 25, 2012
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Why not give food stamps to all Americans and create an instant economic boom?
didnt work for Detroit.

“It's all about the struggle”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#811283 Nov 25, 2012
Sister Kathryn Lust wrote:
<quoted text>Potential humans do not have rights, and never did.
Do women have the 'right' to miscarry?
<quoted text>Alcohol and narcotics are already regulated. As a smoker, I understand that others have just as much right not to inhale secondhand smoke, as I do to inhale the 'first-hand' kind.
High taxes on cigarettes do suck, however...
Pay to play.
:)
Most of the smoke coming from a cigarette is from the burning end and, therefore, is not filtered. The rest of us close to a smoker are getting the worst of the toxins while they strike a pose or leave the crap burning in an ashtray.

Women smokers are the worst when it comes to smoking etiquette because they never ask, "Do you mind if I light up?", like some men do. They think everybody else will be polite and let THEIR rudeness go unremarked on.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#811284 Nov 25, 2012
<quoted text>
Some nurses like it, 3 days on 4 off. 12 hrs seems brutal, agree
Use to work 7 on, 14 off; 7p-7a in the ER. Loved it. Felt like working with family - knew who you could count on, who had your back....
carol

Orlando, FL

#811285 Nov 25, 2012
<quoted text>
You won't get arrested for doing so
No one gets arrested for smoking cigarettes. But try and light up in a nonsmoking zone - which is almost everywhere - and see what happens.

People do get fired for smoking in their own car on their own time. Some companies now won't even hire people who admit to smoking. And smokers are labeled social misfits thanks to the politically correct hysteria.

Just doesn't seem fair. Or right. Especially in light of all the other crap that's going on that's deemed acceptable or at least tolerated.

Designated smoking areas should be everywhere for people who happen to like smoking. It's their right to do so.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 26 min ritedownthemiddle 46,828
Abby 9-22 50 min edogxxx 6
Last word + 2 (Mar '12) 1 hr boundary painter 624
Word (Dec '08) 1 hr boundary painter 4,736
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 1 hr Cali Girl 2014 49,931
Music Artists A to Z (Feb '14) 1 hr boundary painter 325
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 1 hr boundary painter 4,723
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 2 hr loose cannon 178,203
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 4 hr Donna WG 98,248
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago