Barack Obama, our next President

There are 20 comments on the Nov 5, 2008, Hampton Roads Daily Press story titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

new yawk

Tonawanda, NY

#811157 Nov 25, 2012
Indeed it is. Both Wars are quagmires. I am against both.

The US needs to stop sending our tax dollars to Israel and ALL other Countries, Nations as well.

Financially with regard to sending "Foreign Aid" anywhere ...
America needs to be Isolationist.
Considering The US picks up 70% of the total tab in Foreign Aid.
sage won wrote:
<quoted text>
War is hell.
Lily Boca Raton Fl

Boca Raton, FL

#811158 Nov 25, 2012
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>The right wing mutts on here are wishing that he'd chosen someone other than lyin Ryan for his VP__kinda like last time when they blamed Gimpy's azzwhoopin on Bristol Palin and her slutty mom.
I wonder who they'll be blaming their next defeat on???
Do you really think it was because of Ryan? I don't. I think the 47% video, and Akin and Mourdock, woke many people up
Lily Boca Raton Fl

Boca Raton, FL

#811160 Nov 25, 2012
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
Jacqueline Kennedy was a smoker - big time.
So was Walt Disney.
President Obama was and probably still is a smoker.
None of the above are part of the Tea Party.
So was Laura Bush, that's what I liked about her
Lily Boca Raton Fl

Boca Raton, FL

#811161 Nov 25, 2012
RUSH10ME wrote:
<quoted text>Prove it.
you already did, killer

“Amor patriae.”

Since: Feb 08

Eastern Oregon

#811162 Nov 25, 2012
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>There haven't been any disasters so far fkstk__and four years without the (R) establishment was very pleasant for the US, and the planet. Four more years will be even better__call it an eight year time out from the Bu-bonic plague.
Yeah, VERY pleasant. All the pleasantries started in 2007, when you party animals gained control of Congress. It's been one good time after another, ever since.
Realtime

Deltona, FL

#811163 Nov 25, 2012
Lily Boca Raton Fl wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you really think it was because of Ryan? I don't. I think the 47% video, and Akin and Mourdock, woke many people up
I felt right along that Obama would win handily__there was just too much bullshyte flying around the (R) primary and then the Romney and Ryan campaign, those two freaks even had Republicans shuddering.

America made the right choice__good for us.
American Lady

Danville, KY

#811165 Nov 25, 2012
HACKED STRATFOR EMAILS: Democrats Manipulated The 2008 Election Results

http://www.businessinsider.com/leaked-stratfo...

"Some circumstantial evidence is very strong, as when you find a trout in the milk."
Henry David Thoreau
http://barackofraudo.com/

While the overall strategy was voter suppression, it is clear from viewing these stats that boosting the turnout in key swing states (the ones in yellow above) was taking place as well. Without further or more detailed proof, there is objectively two ways to increase voter turnout on the side of those supporting Obama, as it clearly did happen in some key swing states: either get more real people out to vote who will vote for Obama, or stuff the ballot boxes and engage in a variety of vote fraud and vote scamming methods. Odds are quite likely, to maximize their odds of succeeding in getting President Obama elected, that they engaged in all of the above to make it happen.

http://barackofraudo.com/voter_turnout_2012.c...
RUSH10ME

Gloucester, VA

#811166 Nov 25, 2012
Lily Boca Raton Fl wrote:
<quoted text>
you already did, killer
I done no such thing lying lily .
RUSH10ME

Gloucester, VA

#811168 Nov 25, 2012
Lily Boca Raton Fl wrote:
<quoted text>
Yup, it was a confession.
Yup ? Are you drunk again ? Nobody confessed to anything , regardless of anything you slur you can't change the facts.
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#811169 Nov 25, 2012
mdbuilder wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, VERY pleasant. All the pleasantries started in 2007, when you party animals gained control of Congress. It's been one good time after another, ever since.
lol! And it became a bigger party in 2010!

You animals are interesting!
RUSH10ME

Gloucester, VA

#811171 Nov 25, 2012
OJ Simpson wrote:
<quoted text>Whats your neck size. I'm asking because it all depends on the tools I got to bring to the job.
Picture a five foot tall two hundred and fifty pound tick that walks upright on two legs and stays drunk all the time .
Lord Fetch

Crete, IL

#811172 Nov 25, 2012
American Lady wrote:
HACKED STRATFOR EMAILS: Democrats Manipulated The 2008 Election Results
http://www.businessinsider.com/leaked-stratfo...
"Some circumstantial evidence is very strong, as when you find a trout in the milk."
Henry David Thoreau
http://barackofraudo.com/
While the overall strategy was voter suppression, it is clear from viewing these stats that boosting the turnout in key swing states (the ones in yellow above) was taking place as well. Without further or more detailed proof, there is objectively two ways to increase voter turnout on the side of those supporting Obama, as it clearly did happen in some key swing states: either get more real people out to vote who will vote for Obama, or stuff the ballot boxes and engage in a variety of vote fraud and vote scamming methods. Odds are quite likely, to maximize their odds of succeeding in getting President Obama elected, that they engaged in all of the above to make it happen.
http://barackofraudo.com/voter_turnout_2012.c...
hillbilly dreams are forever, aren't they?

it says right in the article that it hasn't been substantiated and further goes on to say that romney DID cast a fake ballot for scot brown in Mass when he didn't live there...i know it's hard for you but try to read past the inflammatory headline...it'll make yew smartur
new yawk

Tonawanda, NY

#811173 Nov 25, 2012
Yes, you did JJ.

And the added apology to dem was more than sufficient.

And you are more than capable of sucking an apology from the WHOLE THREAD!

So, Cram It ... J ... et. ;)
MR BRINK wrote:
<quoted text>
HAVE I TOLD YOU LATELY, THAT I LOVE YOU?
/jd
MR BRINK wrote:
i'd like to say i'm sorry for acting like a loose nut.
its just that i love dem.
i'd like to suck an apology from his co ck.
Lily Boca Raton Fl

Boca Raton, FL

#811174 Nov 25, 2012
RUSH10ME wrote:
<quoted text>Yup ? Are you drunk again ? Nobody confessed to anything , regardless of anything you slur you can't change the facts.
MURDERER!

Since: May 11

Loysville, PA

#811175 Nov 25, 2012
mdbuilder wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, VERY pleasant. All the pleasantries started in 2007, when you party animals gained control of Congress. It's been one good time after another, ever since.
Great, yet another dumbass right whiner blaming Democrats for the worse recession in 80 years.

The recession started in the 4th quarter of 2007.

Please please lease.

Will one of you list the legislation the Democrats passed & Bush signed in the first 9 months of 2007 that took us from that rosy Bush economy to the recession in 8- years.

Do it or just STFU.
Lily Boca Raton Fl

Boca Raton, FL

#811176 Nov 25, 2012
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>I felt right along that Obama would win handily__there was just too much bullshyte flying around the (R) primary and then the Romney and Ryan campaign, those two freaks even had Republicans shuddering.
America made the right choice__good for us.
I did too, but considering the amount of New Democratic registrations in Florida, there should have been a larger increase than there was.
Romney had no connection with the American people, Swiss bank accounts, not releasing the returns; turned many off. However, the evangelicals will always vote for the anti abortion anti gay marriage candidate. That's paramount to them.
Lily Boca Raton Fl

Boca Raton, FL

#811178 Nov 25, 2012
RUSH10ME wrote:
<quoted text>I done no such thing lying lily .
LIAR, MURDERER!
Lily Boca Raton Fl

Boca Raton, FL

#811179 Nov 25, 2012
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
I absolutely appreciate your argument. When I quit smoking years ago, I couldn't stand to be around cigarette smoke and wondered why I or anyone ever took up the habit.
But do you even realize the profundity of what you posted?
"We, the employees, were not allowed to smoke anywhere near the campus. If we were witnessed smoking while on duty, we were subject to termination. If a coworker suspected someone of smoking, they were encouraged to turn the offender in."
This doesn't sound eerily like Orwell's "Big Brother" to you?
"Not allowed"..."witnesse d smoking"..."subject to termination"..."turn the offender in".
It sure does to me.
Lots of nurses are obese smokers, ironic isn't it?
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#811180 Nov 25, 2012
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>I felt right along that Obama would win handily__there was just too much bullshyte flying around the (R) primary and then the Romney and Ryan campaign, those two freaks even had Republicans shuddering.
America made the right choice__good for us.
Will you still say that when the economy slips into the next recession in 2013?
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#811182 Nov 25, 2012
Lily Boca Raton Fl wrote:
<quoted text>
I did too, but considering the amount of New Democratic registrations in Florida, there should have been a larger increase than there was.
Romney had no connection with the American people, Swiss bank accounts, not releasing the returns; turned many off. However, the evangelicals will always vote for the anti abortion anti gay marriage candidate. That's paramount to them.
There is no evidence that the evangelical vote is Conservative or reliable.

Republicans would do well to stop bending over for this group.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 22 min TRD 69,714
Song Titles Only (group/artist in parenthesis m... (Mar '10) 30 min RJS 8,017
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 38 min Learn to Read 187,370
you need to last longer in bed! 42 min sandraydmoore 1
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 48 min Red_Forman 5,914
Word (Dec '08) 49 min Red_Forman 5,205
Last word + 2 (Mar '12) 49 min Red_Forman 863
More from around the web

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]