Barack Obama, our next President

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ... Full Story
MR BRINK

Atmore, AL

#810969 Nov 25, 2012
carol wrote:
I'd rather stand outside by a smoker any day than sit anywhere in the city of San Francisco. Butt germs are much nastier than a faint smell of smoke.
KNOW THIS, CAROL: SAN FRANCISCO PREFERS YOU WOULD AS WELL.

KNOW THIS TOO, CAROL: AS A PERSISTENT SPREADER OF FILTH, AND A VECTOR FOR DISEASED THOUGHT, YOU ABSENCE FROM THIS THREAD WILL SERVE AS CONFIRMATION OF YOUR ACTUAL DEATH, OR SOMETHING THAT IS CLOSE ENOUGH.

(YOU CAN FEEL THE BEGINNING OF MY EMBRACE RIGHT NOW, CAN'T YOU CAROL (THAT'S RHETORICAL). AS A SMOKER WITH DIABETES, COPD AND HIGH CHOLESTEROL, YOU'RE NOT EVEN PEEKING AT ME FROM BEHIND YOUR FAN ANYMORE; YOU'RE IN FULL-BLOWN COURTSHIP MODE. I DON'T EVEN HAVE TO CHASE YOU DOWN TO MOUNT YOU ...

/jc
carol

Orlando, FL

#810970 Nov 25, 2012
sonicfilter wrote:
Secondhand smoke tied to more health effects
People regularly exposed to secondhand smoke may have increased risks of dying from various causes, a long-term study from China suggests.
Researchers found that compared with adults who lived and worked in smoke-free environs, those exposed to secondhand smoke were more likely to die of heart disease or lung cancer over 17 years.
Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/health/2012/06/15/seco...
I'm done with this topic after posting this.

Show me a scientific study (not a government agency claim) confirming a significant number of people over the age of 50 who now have lung problems or lung cancer from exposure to second hand smoke, and I'll recant my assertion that government is just trying to dictate our behavior.

Second hand smoke was once everywhere. No one seemed to mind until a government agency told them they should. Shouldn't there be more conclusive evidence that lung cancer is prevelant in those 50 and older?

"Dictate to people how they should behave."

You either don't mind being told what to do or you do. Even many nonsmokers do.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#810971 Nov 25, 2012
sonicfilter wrote:
Smoking ban linked to drop in preterm births, small babies
The health of pregnant women and babies improved after smoking in public places was banned in Scotland, a new study says.
Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/health/2012/03/07/smok...
That's a no brainer'

lol
carol

Orlando, FL

#810972 Nov 25, 2012
MR BRINK wrote:
<quoted text>
KNOW THIS TOO, CAROL: AS A PERSISTENT SPREADER OF FILTH, AND A VECTOR FOR DISEASED THOUGHT, YOU ABSENCE FROM THIS THREAD WILL SERVE AS CONFIRMATION OF YOUR ACTUAL DEATH, OR SOMETHING THAT IS CLOSE ENOUGH.
(YOU CAN FEEL THE BEGINNING OF MY EMBRACE RIGHT NOW, CAN'T YOU CAROL (THAT'S RHETORICAL). AS A SMOKER WITH DIABETES, COPD AND HIGH CHOLESTEROL, YOU'RE NOT EVEN PEEKING AT ME FROM BEHIND YOUR FAN ANYMORE; YOU'RE IN FULL-BLOWN COURTSHIP MODE. I DON'T EVEN HAVE TO CHASE YOU DOWN TO MOUNT YOU ...
/jc
Hi Debil.

Bye Debil.
carol

Orlando, FL

#810973 Nov 25, 2012
This is what is most worrisome. Americans are starting to act like sheep and submit to whatever is being dictated without even so much a protest.

There was a time when Americans would have gone out and bought large-sized drinks en mass in New York just because they were told not to.

But not a peep out of the sheep.
carol

Orlando, FL

#810974 Nov 25, 2012
sonicfilter wrote:
Smoking ban linked to drop in preterm births, small babies
The health of pregnant women and babies improved after smoking in public places was banned in Scotland, a new study says.
Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/health/2012/03/07/smok...
Smoking while pregnant or around small children is not what we're talking about.

But think about this. How many parents are addicted to drugs and alcohol and their children are abused and neglected because of it?

How many parents feed their children a constant diet of junk food?

No one ever talks about the consequences of drugs and alcohol and people only frown on parents who feed their children junk food. Just smoking has been hyped up to the point of hysteria.

Doesn't that make you stop and think? Even a little bit? What's worse? Drug and alcohol related child neglect and junk food related child obesity? Or smoking?
carol

Orlando, FL

#810975 Nov 25, 2012
MR BRINK wrote:
<quoted text>
/jc
You'd be the one running around naked and sitting on public benches without wiping your butt.

No brainer.
carol

Orlando, FL

#810976 Nov 25, 2012
I'm much more annoyed by people who get in a car and drive home after being in a bar all night thinking they won't get caught or have an accident than someone smoking in a bar.

Maybe I need to get a group of people together who think like me and ban drinking in bars.

Because, you see, once you allow one behavior to be dictated by others, it's only a matter of time before other behaviors are deemed dangerous to others.
MR BRINK

Atmore, AL

#810977 Nov 25, 2012
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi Debil.
Bye Debil.
RUN, CAROL, RUN. BUT DON'T WASTE YOUR FAT FATUOUSNESS FLIRTATIONS ON ME; I'M IMMUNE, OF COURSE. BUT I'M ALSO INDISCRIMINATE AS HELL. I'M GOING TO TAKE YOU CAROL. IF YOU COME TO ME WILLINGLY, IT WILL BE EASIER, BUT NOT REALLY EASY. IF YOU FIGHT, I WILL TAKE YOU HORRIBLY, IN A WAY THAT WILL RENDER YOU A BAWLING, SHAMEFUL OLD INFANT FOR MONTHS ON END, INCONTINENT AND TERROR FILLED. I WILL SHOW YOU A HELL WORSE THAN THE ONE REPRESENTED BY YOUR CLUTTERED LITTLE CONDO IN THE MIDDLE OF THE FETID SINKHOLE CALLED FLORIDA, WITH THE DYING OAF YOU ARE IRREVOCABLY YOKED TO.

MY ONLY DECISION IS WHICH OF YOU TO HARVEST FIRST ... HAVE A CIGGY, CAROL ...YOU NEVER KNOW WHICH ONE WILL BE YOUR LAST ...

/jc
MR BRINK

Atmore, AL

#810978 Nov 25, 2012
carol wrote:
<quoted text>

No brainer.
WE KNOW, CAROL, WE KNOW ... WEREN'T YOU LEAVING CAROL. YOU REALLY NEED TO BE TRUER TO YOUR WORD. SHOW SOME DIGNITY.

/jc
Lily Boca Raton Fl

Boca Raton, FL

#810979 Nov 25, 2012
RUSH10ME wrote:
<quoted text>Not gonna happen , unless you want war right here in our streets and countryside .
Murderer
carol

Orlando, FL

#810980 Nov 25, 2012
Now, to change the subject.

Moderates are leaving Congress at a time when moderates are most needed to find common ground solutions.

In the Senate, moderate Scott Brown, R-Mass. lost to Democrat Elizabeth Warren who will be one of the most liberal members. Another GOP moderate, Richard Lugar of Indiana, fell in the primary election. Two others, Kay Bailey Hutchison of Texas and Olympia Snowe of Maine, are retiring.

Moderate Democratic senators such as Kent Conrad of North Dakota, Herb Kohl of Wisconsin, Ben Nelson of Nebraska, James Webb of Virginia, are leaving, as is Democratic-leaning independent Joe Lieberman.

Only about half the incoming 12 Senate freshmen of both parties are moderates.

In the House, 10 of the 24 Democratic Blue Dogs lost, are retiring or moving to the Senate. That will further slash a centrist group that just a few years ago had more than 50 members.

"Congress seems to be going in the opposite direction of the country, just as the country is screaming for solutions to gridlock," said Democratic strategist Phil Singer.

http://news.msn.com/politics/new-congress-few...

We're screaming for solutions all right. But a house divided cannot stand.

It should get interesting.
MR BRINK

Atmore, AL

#810981 Nov 25, 2012
carol wrote:
I'm much more annoyed by people who get in a car and drive home after being in a bar all night thinking they won't get caught or have an accident than someone smoking in a bar.
Maybe I need to get a group of people together who think like me and ban drinking in bars.
Because, you see, once you allow one behavior to be dictated by others, it's only a matter of time before other behaviors are deemed dangerous to others.
THAT'S FUNNY CAROL -- YOU'VE NO IDEA HOW FUNNY. I THINK I'M GOING TO MAKE A UNILATERAL DECISION TO BAN CRAZY OLD C***S LIKE YOU FROM TYPING FILTH IN PUBLIC CHAT ROOMS. I WON'T NEED TO GATHER A GROUP TOGETHER (ALTHOUGH ME AND DEBIL HAVE A LOOOOOON HISTORY OF WORKING TOGETHER). I'LL JUST PICK YOU OFF, ONE BY ONE. IT'S THE NATURAL ORDER OF THINGS CAROL. STOP THIS THRASHING ABOUT, OR I'LL TWIST YOUR FAT LEGS IN BACK OF YOUR HEAD AND RAM A CARTON UP THERE SO FAR, THAT WHEN YOUR DAUGHTER FINALLY FINDS YOU, AFTER DAYS OF GETTING NO ANSWER ON THE PHONE, SHE'LL FAINT DEAD AWAY ...

/jc
carol

Orlando, FL

#810982 Nov 25, 2012
MR BRINK wrote:
<quoted text>
WE KNOW, CAROL, WE KNOW ... WEREN'T YOU LEAVING CAROL. YOU REALLY NEED TO BE TRUER TO YOUR WORD. SHOW SOME DIGNITY.
/jc
No, just wasn't going to talk about that topic any longer. But I did. Sue me.
Lily Boca Raton Fl

Boca Raton, FL

#810983 Nov 25, 2012
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm done with this topic after posting this.
Show me a scientific study (not a government agency claim) confirming a significant number of people over the age of 50 who now have lung problems or lung cancer from exposure to second hand smoke, and I'll recant my assertion that government is just trying to dictate our behavior.
Second hand smoke was once everywhere. No one seemed to mind until a government agency told them they should. Shouldn't there be more conclusive evidence that lung cancer is prevelant in those 50 and older?
"Dictate to people how they should behave."
You either don't mind being told what to do or you do. Even many nonsmokers do.
People should be able to smoke if they want to, although its a trend now to ban it in most public places. It is probably better, remember when our teachers smoked in the classroom? I recall the teachers break room wafting with smoke, then there was smoking on planes and elevators, at work, etc.
I am against police looking into students cars on highschool campus to find cigarettes and suspending the student. That's overkill, what people do in their own time is their business.
MR BRINK

Atmore, AL

#810984 Nov 25, 2012
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
You'd be the one running around naked and sitting on public benches without wiping your butt.
No brainer.
I JUST REALIZED HOW FUNNY THIS IS, COMING FROM ONE WHO SPENDS HOUR AFTER HOUR, DAY AFTER DAY, WEEK AFTER WEEK ... TYPING IN A SH!T STAINED MUMU.
YOU ARE MY ULTIMATE STRAIGHT WOMAN, CAROL. I COULD NOT WISH FOR MORE ...AND, AS STRAIGHT MAN TO MR. BRINK, YOU COULD NOT ASPIRE TO MORE...

/jc
Lily Boca Raton Fl

Boca Raton, FL

#810985 Nov 25, 2012
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
It's another glorious day, going to an art fair, go for a walk!!
carol

Orlando, FL

#810988 Nov 25, 2012
Lily Boca Raton Fl wrote:
<quoted text>
It's another glorious day, going to an art fair, go for a walk!!
I was out and about all afternoon and most of the evening yesterday.

This time of year and the first part of next year is why living in Florida is worth the summer heat and humidity. To me anyway. At least we have air conditioning and the beaches.

Since: Feb 10

ny ny

#810989 Nov 25, 2012
carol wrote:
This is what is most worrisome. Americans are starting to act like sheep and submit to whatever is being dictated without even so much a protest.
There was a time when Americans would have gone out and bought large-sized drinks en mass in New York just because they were told not to.
But not a peep out of the sheep.
Worrisome? What's worrisome is that people like you expect others to abuse crap that is going to make them sick just to prove a point. A childish attitude if there ever was one. Like cutting off your nose to spite your face? Proving what? Stupidity? Drink all the soda you like, smoke all the butts you need to but don't expect everyone else to go along with your ignorance and childish refusal to take responsibility for one's health. You're starting to sound like a blithering idiot.

Harmful Effects of Soft Drinks (Soda)

Weight Gain & Obesity: Drinking a single 330 ml can a day of sugary drinks translates to more than 1 pound (0.45 kg) of weight gain every month. The relationship between soft drink consumption and body weight is so strong that researchers calculate that for each additional sugar-sweetened soft drink consumed, the risk of obesity increases 1.6 times.

Sodas affect Kidneys: A three year study of over 1,000 men with a history of kidney stones showed that there was a clear-cut difference in the group's experiences, with much less renal colic in the men who had avoided soft drinks. Soft drinks acidified with phosphoric acid were the worst offenders.

Dental Decay: A large number of soft drinks are acidic and some may have a pH of 3 or even lower. The acidity can dissolve the mineral content of the enamel, making the teeth weaker, more sensitive, and more susceptible to decay.

Sodas affect Liver: According to a new Israeli medical study, drinking soft drinks can cause damage to your liver. Scientists from Israel found that people who drank a litre of fizzy drinks were five times more likely to develop fatty liver disease. Even drinking a couple of cans of fizzy drinks a day raised the risk of liver damage in addition to causing diabetes and heart damage.

Can lead to Alzheimer: Soft drinks are extremely acidic, so much so that they can eat through the liner of an aluminum can and leach aluminum from the can if it sits on the shelf too long.

Cause Sugar Crash: The high amounts of sugar in soft drinks cause your pancreas to produce an abundance of insulin, which leads to a "sugar crash". The "sugar crash" is evidenced by lethargy, loss of interest in work tasks and even sleepiness. Chronic elevation and depletion of sugar and insulin can lead to diabetes and other imbalance related diseases. This is particularly disruptive to growing children which can lead to life-long health problems.

Drops Potassium level in blood: It was found that people who drank 2 to 9 liters of cola a day experienced severe fatigue, appetite loss and also persistent vomiting at times. This is mainly due to a condition known as hypokalemia where there is a drop in the level of potassium in the blood.

Weakened Bones and Risk of Osteoporosis: Frequent consumption of soft drinks may also increase the risk of osteoporosis, especially in people who drink soft drinks instead of calcium-rich milk. High soda consumption in children poses a significant risk factor for impaired calcification of growing bones.

No Nutritional Value: Unless fortified, soft drinks contain little to no vitamins, minerals, fiber, protein, or other essential nutrients. Soft drinks may also displace other healthier choices in people's diets, such as water, milk, and fruit juice.

Increased Blood Pressure: Experts have reasons to believe that over consumption of fructose (a form of sugar found in sweetened soft drinks) leads to an increase in blood pressure.
MR BRINK

Atmore, AL

#810990 Nov 25, 2012
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
YOU HAVE NOTHING I MIGHT TAKE FROM YOU THROUGH LITIGATION, CAROL, THAT I COULDN'T HAVE RIGHT THIS INSTANT. BESIDES, I DON'T WANT YOUR CHEESY CHOTCHKA; YOUR HOLEY BEDSHEETS; YOUR LITTLE DEATH BOX OF A CONDO YOU DON'T EVEN OWN. THEY HAVE ALWAYS BEEN MINE AFTER ALL. YOU LIVE IN A SWEAT-DRENCHED NIGHTMARE CAROL. EVERYTHING, ALL THE SQUALOR AND HOPELESSNESS YOU SEE AROUND YOU IS AN ILLUSION. I WILL SWEEP YOU OUT LIKE YOU WERE USHERED IN -- HOWLING AND HELPLESS, YOUR DIMPLED FAT MOSTLY STRIPPED FROM YOUR BONES, EATEN AWAY BY ME ... MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE, CAROL, THE ETERNAL EQUQALIZER, THE ONE WITH WHOM THERE IS NO NEGOTIATING. I TOOK YOUR JESUS CAROL, WHO WAS ONLY A MAN, AFTER ALL. I TOOK HIM HORRIBLY TOO. DO YOU THINK YOU DESERVE ANY LESS?

OH, CAROL, RUN, RUN ... I LOVE IT WHEN A FAT CONSERVATIVE RUNS FROM WHAT SHE'S BEEN COURTING ALL HER STUNTED LIFE. SOMEHOW IT NEVER GETS OLD ...

/jc

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Deat Abby 12-16 14 min RACE 53
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 15 min Jacques Ottawa 181,714
women are so shallow these days (Nov '11) 55 min Go Blue Forever 82
CHICAGO BEARS ARE SHYT. Boycott them 1 hr Go Blue Forever 20
Obama pardons 2 Illinoisans, including former M... 2 hr Le Duped 2
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 3 hr Yumpin Yimminy 68,876
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 10 hr JOEL 70,988
Chicago Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 5:55 pm PST