Barack Obama, our next President

Full story: Hampton Roads Daily Press

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...
Comments
749,541 - 749,560 of 1,099,888 Comments Last updated 11 min ago

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

#810664 Nov 24, 2012
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
When any government agency outgrows it's original purpose and becomes morbidly obese, it's time to put it on a diet.
The EPA can't even fit through the door anymore and then throws its weight around wreaking havoc.
What we've learned here is that anything Carol is against is likely something that helps Americans.

Think about it!! She's railed against science for years now, proving her denial of reality and clinging to nonsense.

Her denial of the dangers of smoking and of second hand smoke prove her to be a nitwit.

A nitwit who sits at the computer with a piece of pie and a cigarette.

And she has diabetes and high cholesterol!! Now we learn she's a smoker, still denying proven science.

She is an example of why our healthcare system is under strain. Her disgusting personal habits cost the rest of us money.

Then she complains about others getting healthcare.

----------

"The Health Consequences of Involuntary Exposure to Tobacco Smoke: A Report of the Surgeon General

June 27, 2006

""“The Health Effects of Secondhand Smoke”

Thank you, Rear Admiral Moritsugu for your kind introduction.

I am grateful to be here today and to be able to say unequivocally that the debate is over. The science is clear: secondhand smoke is not a mere annoyance, but a serious health hazard that causes premature death and disease in children and nonsmoking adults.

Updating the Evidence
Twenty years ago, the 1986 Surgeon General’s Report on The Health Consequences of Involuntary Smoking concluded that secondhand smoke exposure was a cause of disease in nonsmokers. That Report, which was one of the first major reports to investigate this topic, concluded that secondhand smoke caused lung cancer among nonsmoking adults and several respiratory problems among children.

Since that Report was published, hundreds of peer-reviewed studies and several additional major reports on the health effects of secondhand smoke have been published, and the evidence on these health effects has become even stronger.

The Surgeon General’s Report that we are releasing today, The Health Consequences of Involuntary Exposure to Tobacco Smoke, documents beyond any doubt that secondhand smoke harms people’s health. In the course of the past 20 years, the scientific community has reached consensus on this point.

Main Messages
I would like to draw your attention to several new conclusions that I have reached due to overwhelming scientific evidence.

Secondhand smoke exposure causes heart disease and lung cancer in adults and sudden infant death syndrome and respiratory problems in children.
There is NO risk-free level of secondhand smoke exposure, with even brief exposure adversely affecting the cardiovascular and respiratory system.
Only smoke-free environments effectively protect nonsmokers from secondhand smoke exposure in indoor spaces.
Finally, the Report concludes that, while great strides have been made in recent years in reducing nonsmoking Americans’ secondhand smoke exposure, millions of Americans continue to be exposed to secondhand smoke in their homes and workplaces.
Secondhand Smoke is Harmful to All People
Allow me to expand on the first major conclusion. Secondhand smoke is a health hazard for all people: it is harmful to both children and adults, and to both women and men. It is harmful to nonsmokers whether they are exposed in their homes, their vehicles, their workplaces, or in enclosedpublic places. We have found that certain populations are especially susceptible to the health effects of secondhand smoke, including infants and children, pregnant women, older persons, and persons with pre-existing respiratory conditions and heart disease.

----------

Stay stupid, Carol. It suits you well.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#810665 Nov 24, 2012
Bush Our Worst President wrote:
<quoted text> Too late carol, deal with it!
way too late.

Support for ObamaCare repeal drops sharply after election

http://www.theblaze.com/blog/2012/11/14/suppo...

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

#810666 Nov 24, 2012
Jeebuss wrote:
Yep.

People don't care. They just wanted a black president. Period.

You're right, they have no one to blame but themselves when taxes skyrocket and the military becomes downsized, leaving us vulnerable to attacks.

They are actually happy that they have put this country in danger.
Ha ha ha ! 2 TERMS BABY ! there is a God !
carol

Orlando, FL

#810667 Nov 24, 2012
Bush Our Worst President wrote:
<quoted text> Too late carol, deal with it!
Deal with what? A president who doesn't listen to the people? A president who won't let a good crisis to go to waste? A president who dismisses half the population and those who represent them?

Never.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#810668 Nov 24, 2012
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you enjoy drinking and defend others who have that same right even if they get in a car and drive?
Do you enjoy a greasy burger and fries from time to time even if it's causing obesity among children?
Be careful. The politcally correct police will soon take away something you enjoy because they know what's best.
It's that slippery slope of Big Brother. It's here and only needs to gain a little more momentum.
slippery slope.

"Get Out of my Panties!"

get it? GOP.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#810669 Nov 24, 2012
lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
You abhor political correctness? Controlling people? Scaring people into submission?
OMG, my ribs are hurting.
the joke is on them.

think they'll ever figure that out?
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#810670 Nov 24, 2012
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you enjoy drinking and defend others who have that same right even if they get in a car and drive?
Do you enjoy a greasy burger and fries from time to time even if it's causing obesity among children?
Be careful. The politcally correct police will soon take away something you enjoy because they know what's best.
It's that slippery slope of Big Brother. It's here and only needs to gain a little more momentum.
Well, as long as abortion and gay marriage are outlawed, then all else is fine. Just sayin....
brown eyes

Christiansburg, VA

#810671 Nov 24, 2012
RUSH10ME wrote:
<quoted text>Back in the eighties , there was a seafood buyer found bobbing in the lower James with drag chain wrapped around him , they charged a local waterman with murder , the state confiscated his boat ,mops and brushes and buckets ect. and said that they could detect blood at a one million to one ratio [a million drops of water to one drop of blood] all charges are dropped for lack of evidence , you have heard the old saying "you can't keep a good man down"well it's the same for a acumbag seafood buyer .
Have you heard of the charge conspiracy to commit murder? But eventually all charges were dropped because the witness would not testify out of fear. This happened in the nineties. The defendant was guilty of shaking a baby so hard he broke it's leg because the baby would not stop crying. He also killed a man over a poker game as a juvenile and didn't serve one day. It's the same for baby shaking murderers.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#810672 Nov 24, 2012
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
Deal with what? A president who doesn't listen to the people? A president who won't let a good crisis to go to waste? A president who dismisses half the population and those who represent them?
Never.
who was it Mitt dismissed? the 47%? much of them who are republicans?

hypocrite.
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#810673 Nov 24, 2012
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>Hmmmm... the military? The CIA? DHS?
Seems you have a lot of other choices to chose from son!
DHS employs 400,000 people; a Bush creation.

Carol is a corporatist. It's not fair if they can't pollute and destroy the environment; it interferes with their profits.

Location hidden

#810674 Nov 24, 2012
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm just so glad your side won. You can call people stupid and act like spoiled children and get away with it now.
Actually, the election proved for once and for all who the spoiled children are.

They are all in the Republican Party. Old and white and scared. Many of them smokers with COPD, like Carol!!

America rejected the Republican war on women, war on abortion, war on immigration, war on science, war on climate change, war on the EPA, war on gays, war on common sense.

Your side got clobbered, most would think that calls for a reassessment of your positions, as some of the smarter ones are currently doing.

But the evangelical white morons, of which Carol is a charter member, choose to double down on their stupidity and pretend the message is fine, they just need a new messenger.

Earth To LORAC:

Your last two messengers were kicked in the teeth by the electorate. Yet you stupidly choose to double down on the positions that cost your side th ePresidency, Senate seats, and House seats.

Let's see how happy you are when Obama appoints two SC members in the next four years, cementing a new, progressive era in America!!

The stupidity that was Fred, DB, Gunner, and Nobraina is gone, but Carol is working overtime to keep the ignorance flowing!!
carol

Orlando, FL

#810675 Nov 24, 2012
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>lol! "...The ACSH is known as an "industry-friendly" group.[22] In 1982, the Center for Science in the Public Interest (CSPI), a watchdog and consumer advocacy group, known to spar with ACSH, published an extensive report on ACSH's practices that stated, "ACSH appears to be a consumer fraud; as a scientific group, ACSH seems to arrive at conclusions before conducting studies. Through voodoo or alchemy, bodies of scientific knowledge are transmogrified into industry-oriented position statements."[23] CSPI director Michael F. Jacobson said of ACSH,'"This organization promotes confusion among consumers about what is safe and what isn't... ACSH is using a slick scientific veneer to obscure and deny truths that virtually everyone else agrees with."[24]
In 2004, the now-defunct Tufts University Nutrition Navigator (a rating guide to nutrition websites) gave the ACSH site an overall rating of 20 out of 25 and an "Accuracy of Information" rating of 8 out of 10. However, it commented, "This site aims to arm consumers with the facts necessary to make wise decisions about health, but be aware that the information here is biased and represents a very conservative interpretation of current science. Consumers looking for a balanced debate on health issues will have to look elsewhere."[25]..."
And this "Tufts University Nutrition Navigator" is all-knowing, all-conclusive and has no other agenda, I supppose.

I remember many of those scares in my lifetime.

But people now eat sugar substitutes and eggs like they're going out of style even though they were avoided like the plague during those scares.

Anyone who is "industry-friendly" is under attack these days. It's the new fundamentally transformed America we were promised.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#810676 Nov 24, 2012
Blame FDR and LBJ for ‘Moocher’ Paradox in Red States

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2012-09-19/blam...
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#810677 Nov 24, 2012
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
the joke is on them.
think they'll ever figure that out?
No.

My friend with the Republican family, who fell silent after the election told me that her brother finally had a meltdown at Thanksgiving dinner at the country club and yelled out across the table, pointing at her "And, someone at this table actually voted for Obama, and then his girlfriend added "did you watch that 2016 movie? It's all truuuuue",
Needless to say, the dinner ended and they all left him sitting there like the fool he is.
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#810678 Nov 24, 2012
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
I abhor political correctness in any way, shape or form controlling people and scaring the public into submission.
You willingly fall right in line though.
So, tell me, are you proud of being among the easily fooled?
You should go to Somalia then. They have no government.

Enjoy anarchy... er.... "freedom" there!
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#810679 Nov 24, 2012
brown eyes wrote:
<quoted text>Have you heard of the charge conspiracy to commit murder? But eventually all charges were dropped because the witness would not testify out of fear. This happened in the nineties. The defendant was guilty of shaking a baby so hard he broke it's leg because the baby would not stop crying. He also killed a man over a poker game as a juvenile and didn't serve one day. It's the same for baby shaking murderers.
I think that poster was shaken as a baby. Suffers from shake and bake syndrome

Location hidden

#810680 Nov 24, 2012
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
Never.
Uh, I hate to remind you, but the Twit ended up with 47% of the popular vote.

Rather fitting, after his 47% comments, eh??

Keep talking, Carol.

With folks like you behind them, I'm sure the Republiclowns will lose even more elections going forward. That's a good thing!!

BTW, how's Allen West doing these days?? Why did TP candidates get demolished in the last election??

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
carol

Orlando, FL

#810681 Nov 24, 2012
lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, as long as abortion and gay marriage are outlawed, then all else is fine. Just sayin....
Abortion will never be outlawed as long as progressive secularism is the new religion.

Gay marriage will eventually become the new definition of societal standards.

Until some crazy person wants to marry his sister just to prove he can under the new definition of marriage.
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#810682 Nov 24, 2012
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
And this "Tufts University Nutrition Navigator" is all-knowing, all-conclusive and has no other agenda, I supppose.
But people now eat sugar substitutes and eggs like they're going out of style even though they were avoided like the plague during those scares.
Anyone who is "industry-friendly" is under attack these days. It's the new fundamentally transformed America we were promised.
"...Anyone who is "industry-friendly" is under attack these days...." - As it should be.

BTW, the Tufts group has disappeared.

But I cannot believe your source supported DDT. They probably thing Agent Orange give you vitamin C!

Location hidden

#810683 Nov 24, 2012
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
Seek mental health, Carol.

Your ignorance is off the charts.

Fact is, some suger substitutes are not healthy.

Fact is, eggs are dangerous for some people to eat. Esp. those like yourself, who take statins for high cholesterol.

Fact is, you're a fool who's in denial.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 6 min YesWeCan 68,355
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 12 min edogxxx 97,917
Abby 8-29 14 min edogxxx 1
Amy 8-29 18 min edogxxx 1
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 20 min SpaceBlues 46,295
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 27 min Donnie 177,357
Review: Anthony D S Grill (Jan '14) 41 min Aileen Rodriguez 6
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Chicago News, Events & Info