Barack Obama, our next President

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ... Full Story
RUSH10ME

Gloucester, VA

#810591 Nov 24, 2012
brown eyes wrote:
<quoted text>Bend over naked and spell RUN,RUN three times.
Answer the question.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#810592 Nov 24, 2012
Archconservatives: anger, denial but no acceptance of Obama's victory

....hard-core conservatives continue to reject that they are a minority in a country built on the core principle of liberty that they embrace.

http://www.cnn.com/2012/11/20/politics/tea-pa...
Impeach Obama

Virginia Beach, VA

#810593 Nov 24, 2012
Breaking News: Walmart employees walked out on Black Friday to protest low wages an benefits. They are anticipating overwhelming public support.

Breaking News: Walmart reported record sales on Black Friday.

Suck on THAT Unions!
carol

Orlando, FL

#810594 Nov 24, 2012
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm sorry, but FOX says....
Secondhand smoke kills 42,000 nonsmokers a year in US
The UCSF researchers took a fresh approach by basing their numbers on a chemical called cotinine in the blood, which is a byproduct of smoking proportional to the amount of exposure to tobacco smoke. Most of us have cotinine in our blood; but those who are exposed to lots of secondhand smoke at home or, for example, at a bar, will have higher levels.
Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/health/2012/10/01/seco...
But if you need to, just deny the science. Everyone will understand why.
An exhaustive long-running study on second-hand smoke and death could find no connection.

The British Medical Journal conducted a 39 year study of 35,561 Californians who had never smoked showed no "causal relationship between exposure to environmental tobacco smoke and tobacco-related mortality." (They also noted "a small effect" can't be ruled out.)

It's all hype perpetrated politically correct bozos. They can produce no study proving their claim that second-hand smoke leads to death.

You just believe whatever they say. And why you're amongst the easily fooled. And why Obama was reelected. And why we're screwed.
brown eyes

Roanoke, VA

#810595 Nov 24, 2012
RUSH10ME wrote:
<quoted text>Answer the question.
Dick Cheney is the killer. Go hunting with him if you like being shot at.
Impeach Obama

Virginia Beach, VA

#810596 Nov 24, 2012
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
Secondhand smoke kills 42,000 nonsmokers a year in US...
Planned Parenthood kills 300,000 nonsmoking babies a year in the U.S.
carol

Orlando, FL

#810597 Nov 24, 2012
Topic Reminder Service wrote:
Barack Obama is a two-term President. End of story, end of topic. Move on, nothing to see here except a bunch of pompous blowhards.
A small part of me is glad he won a second term. It makes the unstable happy another four years and also gives conservatives another four years to prove we were right all along.

The bozos are driving the bus and you're sitting in the front row enjoying the ride. Sonicfilter is in the back doing the same. But he's doing crude hand gestures to passing cars.
Impeach Obama

Virginia Beach, VA

#810598 Nov 24, 2012
Topic Reminder Service wrote:
Barack Obama is a two-term President.
Not yet.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#810599 Nov 24, 2012
Fantasyland

Denial has poisoned the GOP and threatens the rest of the country too.

This year’s instantly famous declaration by the Romney pollster Neil Newhouse that “we’re not going to let our campaign be dictated by fact-checkers” crystallized the mantra of the entire GOP. The Republican faithful at strata both low and high, from Rush’s dittoheads to the think-tank-affiliated intellectuals, have long since stopped acknowledging any empirical evidence that disputes their insular worldview, no matter how grounded that evidence might be in (God forbid) science or any other verifiable reality, like, say, Census reports or elementary mathematics. No wonder Romney shunned the word Harvard, which awarded him two degrees, even more assiduously than he did Mormon.

http://nymag.com/news/frank-rich/gop-denial-2...
RUSH10ME

Gloucester, VA

#810600 Nov 24, 2012
brown eyes wrote:
<quoted text>Dick Cheney is the killer. Go hunting with him if you like being shot at.
You still avoid the question Huh tough guy .
brown eyes

Roanoke, VA

#810601 Nov 24, 2012
RUSH10ME wrote:
<quoted text>You still avoid the question Huh tough guy .
You're the one selling the wolf tickets. Romney was a bully also. Look what it got him.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#810602 Nov 24, 2012
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
An exhaustive long-running study on second-hand smoke and death could find no connection.
The British Medical Journal conducted a 39 year study of 35,561 Californians who had never smoked showed no "causal relationship between exposure to environmental tobacco smoke and tobacco-related mortality." (They also noted "a small effect" can't be ruled out.)
It's all hype perpetrated politically correct bozos. They can produce no study proving their claim that second-hand smoke leads to death.
You just believe whatever they say. And why you're amongst the easily fooled. And why Obama was reelected. And why we're screwed.
Second-hand smoke study sparks controversy

Kabat and his co-author acknowledge the study was largely funded by the tobacco industry.

Some say the source of the funding is enough reason for the British Medical Journal to refuse to publish the paper. Two other journals turned it down.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/story/2003/05/16/smoki...

You show up here before the election with your right wing BS that carried not near that weight that you had wished for, and you're going to try to say that I'm easily fooled?

Well guess what women. I'm going to continue to be 'fooled' for the next four years whilst I continue to remind you of it for the next four. Put that in your FOXbot pipe and smoke it! Just wait until I leave the room.
Nightchalker

Lansing, MI

#810603 Nov 24, 2012
Impeach Obama wrote:
<quoted text>Nothing wrong with that, but you shouldn't be bitchin' about low pay.
I never bitched about low pay!!

What are you?

Some kinda failed SVENGALI?

Lost your psychic powers?

You don't know EVERYTHING!!!!!!
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#810604 Nov 24, 2012
Impeach Obama wrote:
<quoted text>
Planned Parenthood kills 300,000 nonsmoking babies a year in the U.S.
Michigan Republicans Offer a Tax Credit for Fetuses After Cutting Tax Credits for Children

Tax cuts and anti-choice nonsense -- a perfect policy for today's Right.

http://www.alternet.org/gender/michigan-repub...

See? Only before they're born do You care. After that: let them die of second hand smoke.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#810607 Nov 24, 2012
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
A small part of me is glad he won a second term. It makes the unstable happy another four years and also gives conservatives another four years to prove we were right all along.
The bozos are driving the bus and you're sitting in the front row enjoying the ride. Sonicfilter is in the back doing the same. But he's doing crude hand gestures to passing cars.
you're not far from wrong. i bought an old bus and painted on the sides: Obama won you stupid FOXbots! Deal with it!!!

the middle finger is painted on the back door.
carol

Orlando, FL

#810608 Nov 24, 2012
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
Secondhand smoke kills 42,000 nonsmokers a year in US
The UCSF researchers took a fresh approach by basing their numbers on a chemical called cotinine in the blood, which is a byproduct of smoking proportional to the amount of exposure to tobacco smoke. Most of us have cotinine in our blood; but those who are exposed to lots of secondhand smoke at home or, for example, at a bar, will have higher levels.
Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/health/2012/10/01/seco...
But if you need to, just deny the science. Everyone will understand why.
The influential 1993 EPA report "Respiratory Health Effects of Passive Smoking: Lung Cancer and Other Disorders" was as phony as a three-dollar bill. State officials and private businesses that believed that ETS was a public health danger were completely misled by the EPA and, of course, so was main street American public opinion.

Even several veteran career employees of the agency have gone public recently to protest its "junk science" and its irrational environmental zealotry.

The EPA "cherry picked" its data and grossly manipulated "scientific procedure and scientific norms" in order to rationalize the agency's own preconceived conclusions.

The EPA's analysis was based on 11 U.S. studies that examined the risks of contracting lung cancer to nonsmoking spouses married to smokers, a different matter altogether. Yet none of the studies in the original sample reported a strong relative cancer risk associated with ETS.

The EPA simply set aside 19 of the original constellation of 30 ETS studies and defied all scientific standards by simply changing the "confidence levels" in the statistical analysis.

The EPA chose to omit entirely from its analysis two recent U.S. ETS studies that had determined that passive smoking was NOT a statistically significant health risk.

Congress should pull the plug on any EPA regulation that cannot be justified by evidence that is demonstrable, compelling, unequivocal and significant. None yet exists with respect to passive smoking.

http://www.cato.org/publications/commentary/s...

In short, you've been duped again by Big Brother...uh, I mean, Big Government.
carol

Orlando, FL

#810609 Nov 24, 2012
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
you're not far from wrong. i bought an old bus and painted on the sides: Obama won you stupid FOXbots! Deal with it!!!
the middle finger is painted on the back door.
Well, let me say I'm not surprised. You liberals are such gracious winners, after all. And unstable losers.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#810610 Nov 24, 2012
Republicans Melt Down and Slip into Total Denial on Taxing the Rich

http://www.politicususa.com/republicans-melt-...

Conservative denial will soon become a concern for the CDC.
carol

Orlando, FL

#810611 Nov 24, 2012
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
Second-hand smoke study sparks controversy
Kabat and his co-author acknowledge the study was largely funded by the tobacco industry.
Some say the source of the funding is enough reason for the British Medical Journal to refuse to publish the paper. Two other journals turned it down.
http://www.cbc.ca/news/story/2003/05/16/smoki...
You show up here before the election with your right wing BS that carried not near that weight that you had wished for, and you're going to try to say that I'm easily fooled?
Well guess what women. I'm going to continue to be 'fooled' for the next four years whilst I continue to remind you of it for the next four. Put that in your FOXbot pipe and smoke it! Just wait until I leave the room.
The EPA manipulated data in order to dupe the public.

You fell for it.

Case closed.

sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#810612 Nov 24, 2012
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
The influential 1993 EPA report "Respiratory Health Effects of Passive Smoking: Lung Cancer and Other Disorders" was as phony as a three-dollar bill. State officials and private businesses that believed that ETS was a public health danger were completely misled by the EPA and, of course, so was main street American public opinion.
Even several veteran career employees of the agency have gone public recently to protest its "junk science" and its irrational environmental zealotry.
The EPA "cherry picked" its data and grossly manipulated "scientific procedure and scientific norms" in order to rationalize the agency's own preconceived conclusions.
The EPA's analysis was based on 11 U.S. studies that examined the risks of contracting lung cancer to nonsmoking spouses married to smokers, a different matter altogether. Yet none of the studies in the original sample reported a strong relative cancer risk associated with ETS.
The EPA simply set aside 19 of the original constellation of 30 ETS studies and defied all scientific standards by simply changing the "confidence levels" in the statistical analysis.
The EPA chose to omit entirely from its analysis two recent U.S. ETS studies that had determined that passive smoking was NOT a statistically significant health risk.
Congress should pull the plug on any EPA regulation that cannot be justified by evidence that is demonstrable, compelling, unequivocal and significant. None yet exists with respect to passive smoking.
In short, you've been duped again by Big Brother...uh, I mean, Big Government.
One has to really wonder about the insistence of those who try to fight for a lost cause.

I won't even mention 'duped'. Everyone gets it.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 23 min jacques Ottawa 180,978
Adult Nursing Relationships (May '11) 1 hr Imasport 142
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 1 hr OzRitz 48,599
Ferguson protests move to retail stores 2 hr reality is a crutch 1
The Road to Perdition is strewn with the corpses 3 hr 1-5-11-17 MISSING 15
My true thoughts about this song. 3 hr ThereSheGosWalkin 4
Da Mayor Wins...........BIG 3 hr SOWhadaYaThink 2
Chicago Dating
Find my Match

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago