Barack Obama, our next President

Full story: Hampton Roads Daily Press

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...
Comments
748,541 - 748,560 of 1,101,542 Comments Last updated 7 min ago
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#809535 Nov 21, 2012
Speaking at a joint press conference with U.S. Secretary of State Hillary Clinton in Cairo on Wednesday, Egyptian President Mohamed Morsi announced that a ceasefire deal has been struck between Israeli forces and Hamas militants. It will go into effect at 2 p.m. ET.

http://livewire.talkingpointsmemo.com/entry/m...
THE DEBIL

Paris, France

#809536 Nov 21, 2012
Titus Aurelius Ant sat in the gloomy underground throne room he’d just had built and practiced being the master of all he surveyed. It wasn’t that different from before, why couldn’t these dumb ants just learn to color outside the lines sometimes? Oh well, he suppressed a sigh and gave himself up to considerations of where he’d build the summer palace this winter?

Of course the hive suffered to some degree as a result of his grand schemes and there was less food for all as a result and the nursery certainly was an untidy and unappealing place now, but that was beneath him, literally and figuratively and he resolved to forget about it. One of the perquisites of reaching the top was purposefully blanking out thoughts of those still at the bottom. It was a form of self-discipline he realized and mentally congratulated himself at having achieved so much so early in life.“I owe it all to hard-work, and determination!” he thought proudly, then he returned to considerations of what he could do to cover up the stringy, dirt and saliva and excrement covered walls.

How Titus had actually risen was and is unclear, however, one thing is for certain – risen he had and now he was at the very top of a very long food chain and was justly wallowing to a degree in his success. To be fair, Titus was unequipped to look at his life objectively. He had no imagination – he was an ant after all – and he had an extraordinarily short lifespan in the grand scheme of things so self-examination was, perhaps, a lower priority item than say, eating, but for an ant he was quite bright. What had catapulted Titus into the lofty perch he now enjoyed was an idea.

One day he was out gathering dead things the seemingly invisible Soldiers had killed and he discovered he was at the head of a long line of other ants. His job was to pick up the bits of offal and discarded entrails the Soldiers left lying scattered about, which he would then hand to the ant behind him and that ant would then hand it to the ant behind him and so on. As the day wore on Titus was beginning to realize that, of allllll the other ants out there, only he was not taking any shit from anyone. Titus’ big idea was that he was in management.
Nightchalker

Lansing, MI

#809537 Nov 21, 2012
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
wow. same for the flawed party?
"PARTY"???

There is only ONE "party" and it's the one the dwinks in washington are having on OUR dime!!!

Red/blue, dem/rep makes NO dif anymore!

Have a smoke while you watch the mirror, that,s all we can do!

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#809538 Nov 21, 2012
sonicfilter wrote:
EGYPTIAN OFFICIAL CONFIRMS TO REUTERS CEASEFIRE AGREEMENT REACHED BETWEEN PALESTINIANS, ISRAEL
https://twitter.com/Reuters/statuses/27129720...
Any bets on how long it will hold?
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#809539 Nov 21, 2012
Alloramadai wrote:
<quoted text>
Any bets on how long it will hold?
no.

“I'm here with bells on.”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#809540 Nov 21, 2012
Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
No, that was for a kit you build yourself.
Great Googly-moogly!! If he spent that much, it's no wonder he's kept me clueless of the 'infernal affairs' concerning my pizza oven. He knows I would go off the deep end.

:)

If I were you, I'd do some research locally, at restaurant supply places maybe? and see if you can find a less-expensive option. Check brick manufacturers in your area for plans and designs, or visit your local home improvement store for ideas. There's GOT to be a less expensive version available for a kit you build on your own.

Good luck.

I'll ask him when he gets home from work - he may not want to answer me.

Razors Edge

Oak Lawn, IL

#809541 Nov 21, 2012
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
same for you and yours.
when i google something like that and find that it was actually written by the person who posted it i am always pleasantly surprised.
GETTING EASIER TO FIND DIAMONDS NOW ON TOPIX LOL..

Since: Oct 08

Location hidden

#809542 Nov 21, 2012
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Obama's plan included spending cuts.
Pull your head out of Glenn Beck's ass once in a while.
"Really Dave" that's the best you can muster? Where are the tax cuts?
Nightchalker

Lansing, MI

#809543 Nov 21, 2012
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
no.
I would like to think we could all agree on a cease fire that can last being a GOOD thing!
Nightchalker

Lansing, MI

#809544 Nov 21, 2012
Chicagoan by Birth wrote:
<quoted text>"Really Dave" that's the best you can muster? Where are the tax cuts?
Oopsie!

...I think they forgot that part.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#809545 Nov 21, 2012
Nightchalker wrote:
<quoted text>I would like to think we could all agree on a cease fire that can last being a GOOD thing!
just reading this....

.... The Israeli far-right could be correct about the “eternal” nature of hostility to Israel. If they are, though, then Israel is doomed. Even the most heavily-armed Jewish state won’t be able to hold out against the determined opposition of the entire Arab and Muslim world. Israel’s survival is premised on the notion that under some set of circumstances, the Muslim world will accommodate itself to the existence of the Jewish state. That is, it is premised, ultimately, on the notion that everybody can be motivated by self-interest.

If that is the case, the only question is when it will become clear to both sides that self-interest dictates a mutually-agreeable solution. Unfortunately, the history of the conflict to date suggests that this will only happen when the Palestinians have enough to lose from initiating conflict that peace is preferable to continuing to fight, and Israelis have retreated to the point where they truly have nothing else they can concede without losing their state – when all the bluffs and phony red lines are past.

It would be nice if we could get there without years of additional violence, but I wouldn’t bet on it.

http://www.theamericanconservative.com/millma...
THE DEBIL

Paris, France

#809546 Nov 21, 2012
Titus had not always been called Titus but at almost the same moment he’d had his big idea he realized he would need new language to describe what it meant. Prior to that time there had been no word in Ant for,“management, division of labor, hierarchy,” those sorts of concepts just sprang up from nothing in Titus’ mind. Simultaneously he realized that “ANT 165,898,331” was no suitable name for an ant “in charge of things” and he began to cast about for something more… magisterial. More… something. The concept of “More,” would, in time, prove his undoing but how was he to know this? Prior to this he’d known… nothing. Afterwards… he’d known… something.

For their part the other ants reacted to Titus’“rule” the way they reacted to everything: with quiet resignation, the ant equivalent of a shrug.“Shrug,” Titus thought.“Yes, that’s a good word for that sort of helpless, aimless movement an ant makes with it’s front legs when it doesn’t understand it’s about to get screwed.”
THE DEBIL

Paris, France

#809547 Nov 21, 2012
Sister Kathryn Lust wrote:
<quoted text>
I'll ask him when he gets home from work - he may not want to answer me.
Which is, of course, another way of saying he's over at you best friend Sally's house with his dick in her mouth cause she's a "dirty-girl" and helps him forget the loveless marriage he's locked into wherein his ability to stack up bricks in useful configurations is now a surrogate fo' rude, sweaty sex.(Google: Petraeus Pizza Oven)
Patriot

Denver, CO

#809548 Nov 21, 2012
More Americans Will Use Food Stamps For Thanksgiving This Year Than Ever Before

http://www.usnews.com/news/blogs/washington-w...
THE DEBIL

Paris, France

#809549 Nov 21, 2012
If Debil teach you nuthin' else, he hope you understand you need to be naked an' lubricated with red, red lipstick on... and barefooted... when that po' man get home from um... work.
Nightchalker

Lansing, MI

#809550 Nov 21, 2012
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
just reading this....
.... The Israeli far-right could be correct about the “eternal” nature of hostility to Israel. If they are, though, then Israel is doomed. Even the most heavily-armed Jewish state won’t be able to hold out against the determined opposition of the entire Arab and Muslim world. Israel’s survival is premised on the notion that under some set of circumstances, the Muslim world will accommodate itself to the existence of the Jewish state. That is, it is premised, ultimately, on the notion that everybody can be motivated by self-interest.
If that is the case, the only question is when it will become clear to both sides that self-interest dictates a mutually-agreeable solution. Unfortunately, the history of the conflict to date suggests that this will only happen when the Palestinians have enough to lose from initiating conflict that peace is preferable to continuing to fight, and Israelis have retreated to the point where they truly have nothing else they can concede without losing their state – when all the bluffs and phony red lines are past.
It would be nice if we could get there without years of additional violence, but I wouldn’t bet on it.
http://www.theamericanconservative.com/millma...
It does not look like we have MONTHS let alone years, EVERYBODY seems to be squaring off for some major azzwhuppin, in one direction or another!

And as usual...ya boil "it" down,

("it" being the particular bone of contention.)

and "it" AIN'T WORTH getting all "killy" on each other over!

Spooky.
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#809551 Nov 21, 2012
Chicagoan by Birth wrote:
<quoted text>"Really Dave" that's the best you can muster? Where are the tax cuts?
We talking stimilus? 25 tax cuts in there -

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/state...

Grand total: 25.

In all, tax cuts amounted to about a third of the cost of the $862 billion stimulus over the next decade. The biggest ticket tax cut was the first one on the list, the Making Work Pay tax cut that is expected to cost the government about $116 billion over two years. Interestingly, the White House did not include the Alternative Minimum Tax patch, which has been extended annually for years. But that accounted for another $70 billion for one year. Together, those two items account for the lion's share of the tax cuts in the stimulus.

Which leads us to the question of whether all of these 25 qualify as tax cuts?

"In a way this reminds me of Clinton's 'It depends on what your meaning of is is' comments," said Rosanne Altshuler, director of the nonpartisan Tax Policy Center. "It depends on what you mean by tax cuts."

"These are all provisions that cut your taxes," she said, "but most of them are temporary," designed to stimulate a floundering economy.

Each of the tax provisions in the stimulus could have been broken into separate bills, said Bob Williams, also of the Tax Policy Center, and on their own could have rightly been billed as separate tax cuts.

"They packed an awful lot into that bill," Williams said. "I think it's fair to say that various tax provisions in the stimulus could be considered tax cuts. I don't think that's being deceptive."

We agree.
THE DEBIL

Paris, France

#809552 Nov 21, 2012
Sally: "Oh, Kathryn! You've got a new pizza oven in the middle of your lawn! How lovely! Where's Bob?"
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#809553 Nov 21, 2012
THE DEBIL wrote:
Titus had not always been called Titus but at almost the same moment he’d had his big idea he realized he would need new language to describe what it meant. Prior to that time there had been no word in Ant for,“management, division of labor, hierarchy,” those sorts of concepts just sprang up from nothing in Titus’ mind. Simultaneously he realized that “ANT 165,898,331” was no suitable name for an ant “in charge of things” and he began to cast about for something more… magisterial. More… something. The concept of “More,” would, in time, prove his undoing but how was he to know this? Prior to this he’d known… nothing. Afterwards… he’d known… something.
For their part the other ants reacted to Titus’“rule” the way they reacted to everything: with quiet resignation, the ant equivalent of a shrug.“Shrug,” Titus thought.“Yes, that’s a good word for that sort of helpless, aimless movement an ant makes with it’s front legs when it doesn’t understand it’s about to get screwed.”
Homer can't follow this, it's not in ALL CAPS
THE DEBIL

Paris, France

#809554 Nov 21, 2012
Debil does acknowledge, however, that women who call him "rude" tend to be wildcats in the sack. Jus' sayin'... All that pent-up frustration one imagines... I had this one woman in church... MMMMMM-MMMM... she let me stick Maribou feathers in her ass an' then do her in the missionary position so you balls kind of swingin' back an fo'th over the feathers? It outrageous an' kind of thing Debil sometimes do... when she willing... Debil not like to force his opinions on others...

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 12 min Pippa 97,967
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 20 min litesong 46,382
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 26 min LRS 177,529
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 39 min KiMare 49,508
Abby 9-2 46 min Pippa 11
Word (Dec '08) 1 hr RACE 4,667
Four letter word game (Dec '11) 1 hr RACE 1,263
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE