Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1460570 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

dem

Chicago, IL

#810040 Nov 22, 2012
http://youtu.be/NxQksEF2uso

Here's how you dig up tea baggers.
brown eyes

Riner, VA

#810042 Nov 22, 2012
Impeach Mullah Obama wrote:
<quoted text>She was a two bit whoare. During JFKs whole presidency she was screwin LBJ.
Lady Bird was all LBJ could handle. Jackie was safe.

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#810043 Nov 22, 2012
brown eyes wrote:
<quoted text>31 bills blocked by Republicans in 2010.
Examples of Bills Blocked.
Republicans block bill to Aid Small Businesses.
Republicans block Unemployment Benefits Extension.
Republicans block Bank Reform Bill.
Republicans Block Campaign Disclosure Bill.
Republicans block Jobs Bill in Senate.
Republicans block bill ending Tax Breaks For US Companies sending
Veterans Jobs Bill blocked in Senate would have created jobs for up to 20,000 veterans. The procedural vote was 58 to 40, 60 was needed to waive Republican objections.
I had to cut some of your post.
As part of the Plan for America’s Job Creators, the House has passed more than a dozen bills to protect American jobs from the threat of excessive government regulations and pave the way for the private sector to put hundreds of thousands of Americans back to work. Senate Democrats have blocked the majority of these bills – despite the fact that the unemployment rate has been stuck above eight percent for 32 months. Here’s a look at the impact some of these House-passed bills could have on jobs and the economy if Senate Democrats would allow them to come to a vote:
&#9632;1.4 Million Jobs: In April, the House passed the Energy Tax Prevention Act (H.R. 910) to prevent the Administration from imposing a backdoor national energy tax that will drive up gasoline prices and put as many as 1.4 million American jobs at risk, according to the House Energy & Commerce Committee.
&#9632;“At Least 100,000 to 200,000 Jobs”: The House passed a resolution (H.J.Res. 37) prohibiting the Federal Communications Commission (FCC) from pursuing a government takeover of the Internet that a New York Law School Advanced Communications Law & Policy Institute study says would have “devastating impacts,” costing the U.S. economy “at least 100,000 to 200,000 jobs per year over the next five years.”
&#9632;1,000 South Carolina Jobs: The Protecting Jobs From Government Interference Act (H.R. 2587), passed by the House last month, will help rein in unaccountable National Labor Relations Board (NLRB) bureaucrats that are attempting to stop Boeing from creating what the company says would be 1,000 new jobs in South Carolina. The bill will not only protect jobs in South Carolina, but will also prevent the NLRB from dictating where companies can or cannot create jobs in the United States – a policy that would have a “chilling effect on job creation.”
&#9632;More Than 15,000 Jobs: In a letter to the White House last month, Reps. Steve Chabot (R-OH) and Geoff Davis (R-KY) urged President Obama to support the Cement Sector Regulatory Relief Act (H.R 2681) to stop excessive regulations on the cement industry that the Energy & Commerce Committee says could force up to 20 percent of the nation’s plants to shut down. In the letter, Reps. Davis and Chabot cited a study conducted by experts at Southern Methodist University that found that:“[S]hould 10 percent of the domestic industry disappear, the direct, indirect and induced job losses would exceed 15,000. And this figure doesn’t include possible job losses in the huge construction sector that might occur in the face of higher concrete prices.”
&#9632;224,000 Jobs: Last week, the House passed legislation (H.R. 2250) that would stop burdensome new regulations impacting thousands of job creators that use boilers – including hospitals, factories, and even colleges. These regulations would impose billions of dollars in new costs and put 224,000 jobs at risk, according to the Council of Industrial Boiler Owners.
&#9632;“As Many As 316,000 Jobs”: The bipartisan, House-passed Coal Residuals Reuse and Management Act stops excessive regulations on energy producers and gives states the power to implement regulations for coal ash that balance the need to protect both jobs and the environment. According to the National Association of Manufacturers, the bill will protect “as many as 316,000 jobs.”
continued

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#810044 Nov 22, 2012
continued from above.

&#9632;250,000 New Jobs in the Short-Term, 1.2 Million New Jobs in the Long-Term: The House passed a series of American Energy Initiative bills (H.R. 1229, H.R. 1230, H.R. 1231) that will roll back the Obama Administration’s de facto moratorium on American energy production that has already cost the economy thousands of jobs. Louisiana State University professor Dr. Joseph Mason estimates that these bills could create 250,000 jobs in the short-term and 1.2 million jobs in the long-term.
&#9632;54,000 New Jobs: The Jobs and Energy Permitting Act (H.R. 2021) will end permitting delays in Alaska and other areas to boost offshore energy production, help lower gas prices and create an estimated 54,000 jobs, according to a Northern Economics research study.
&#9632;More Than 20,000 New Jobs: The North-American Made Energy Security Act requires the Obama Administration to make a determination by November on whether or not it will allow the Keystone XL pipeline expansion to move forward. According to the Energy & Commerce committee,“the pipeline expansion project is estimated to directly create 20,000 jobs for its construction and many thousands more related to the effort.”

These are just a few of the bills the House has passed to eliminate barriers to private-sector job growth, particularly the onslaught of new government regulations being handed down by Washington Democrats. It is time for Senate Democrats to allow all of these jobs bills to come to a vote.

http://www.westernfreepress.com/2011/10/19/se...
brown eyes

Riner, VA

#810046 Nov 22, 2012
Impeach Mullah Obama wrote:
<quoted text>Obama is a mulatto of Muslim heritage.(In other words he's a two-time loser). On his wedding band is the inscription &#1604;&#1575; &#1573;&#1604;&#16 07; &#1573;&#1604;&#15 75; &#1575;&#1604;&#16 04;&#1607;, "There is no god but Allah", taken from the recitation of the Shahada, the first of the five pillars of Islam.
President Obama was babtized into the United Church of Christ denomination and formally joined in 1998. He left the UCC in 2008. He now worships with a Southern Babtist Pastor at Camp David.
President Obama is a practicing Christian.
brown eyes

Riner, VA

#810047 Nov 22, 2012
Republican Honey wrote:
continued from above.
&#9632;250,000 New Jobs in the Short-Term, 1.2 Million New Jobs in the Long-Term: The House passed a series of American Energy Initiative bills (H.R. 1229, H.R. 1230, H.R. 1231) that will roll back the Obama Administration’s de facto moratorium on American energy production that has already cost the economy thousands of jobs. Louisiana State University professor Dr. Joseph Mason estimates that these bills could create 250,000 jobs in the short-term and 1.2 million jobs in the long-term.
&#9632;54,000 New Jobs: The Jobs and Energy Permitting Act (H.R. 2021) will end permitting delays in Alaska and other areas to boost offshore energy production, help lower gas prices and create an estimated 54,000 jobs, according to a Northern Economics research study.
&#9632;More Than 20,000 New Jobs: The North-American Made Energy Security Act requires the Obama Administration to make a determination by November on whether or not it will allow the Keystone XL pipeline expansion to move forward. According to the Energy & Commerce committee,“the pipeline expansion project is estimated to directly create 20,000 jobs for its construction and many thousands more related to the effort.”
These are just a few of the bills the House has passed to eliminate barriers to private-sector job growth, particularly the onslaught of new government regulations being handed down by Washington Democrats. It is time for Senate Democrats to allow all of these jobs bills to come to a vote.
http://www.westernfreepress.com/2011/10/19/se...
US Senate can be as stubborn as US Congress whose main objective was to see that President Obama did not win a second term. Paybacks are hell. President Obama has tax to grind with the super wealthy and pen in hand.

“I'm here with bells on.”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#810048 Nov 22, 2012
Republican Honey wrote:
continued from above.
&#9632;250,000 New Jobs in the Short-Term, 1.2 Million New Jobs in the Long-Term: The House passed a series of American Energy Initiative bills (H.R. 1229, H.R. 1230, H.R. 1231) that will roll back the Obama Administration’s de facto moratorium on American energy production that has already cost the economy thousands of jobs. Louisiana State University professor Dr. Joseph Mason estimates that these bills could create 250,000 jobs in the short-term and 1.2 million jobs in the long-term.
&#9632;54,000 New Jobs: The Jobs and Energy Permitting Act (H.R. 2021) will end permitting delays in Alaska and other areas to boost offshore energy production, help lower gas prices and create an estimated 54,000 jobs, according to a Northern Economics research study.
&#9632;More Than 20,000 New Jobs: The North-American Made Energy Security Act requires the Obama Administration to make a determination by November on whether or not it will allow the Keystone XL pipeline expansion to move forward. According to the Energy & Commerce committee,“the pipeline expansion project is estimated to directly create 20,000 jobs for its construction and many thousands more related to the effort.”
These are just a few of the bills the House has passed to eliminate barriers to private-sector job growth, particularly the onslaught of new government regulations being handed down by Washington Democrats. It is time for Senate Democrats to allow all of these jobs bills to come to a vote.
http://www.westernfreepress.com/2011/10/19/se...
These are not 'jobs bills' per se - every one is prefaced on projected job losses as a result of corporate unwillingness to be regulated or to lose government subsidies. They are basically 'get out of jail free cards', which CREATE ZERO JOBS, and the projections are blatant scare tactics for which there is not an iota of evidence provided by any entity other than the corporations themselves. It is high time the power of corporations to legislate in their own favor is curbed, not increased.

Citizens United should be overturned, as well. Corporations are not people, my friend.

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#810050 Nov 22, 2012
THE DEBIL wrote:
<quoted text>
DEBIL IS DELIGHTED THAT HIS BOWELS ARE YOUR FOCUS. KISS IT... G'HEAD.. YOU HAVE NO CHOICE... STICK YOU OL' CRACKED LIPS TO DEBIL'S ARSE AN' DO WHAT YOU BRED FO'. MO' YOU RESIST... THE MO' INEVITABLE IT BECOME. DEBIL IS SIMPLY YOU LOOKIN' IN THE MIRROR. DEBIL IS YOU... ONLY FROM THE OTHER DIRECTION...
Your home's doorknobs are better suited to your poop-chute than my plumber's snake....

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#810051 Nov 22, 2012
brown eyes wrote:
<quoted text>They had to put bones around your neck to get the dogs to play with you as a child.
They had to feed your momma a whole box of Ex-lax to start your delivery.
brown eyes

Riner, VA

#810052 Nov 22, 2012
Pres Bush wrote:
<quoted text>It won't affect your lazy azz.You phking deadbeat.
Someone said you liked sh*t sandwiches. I said I know that's a damn lie, you don't like bread.
brown eyes

Riner, VA

#810053 Nov 22, 2012
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
They had to feed your momma a whole box of Ex-lax to start your delivery.
When you were born they slapped the doctor for delivering you.

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#810054 Nov 22, 2012
brown eyes wrote:
<quoted text>Someone said you liked sh*t sandwiches. I said I know that's a damn lie, you don't like bread.
Whenever I read one of your juvenile posts, I am reminded that the problem with the gene pool is that there's no lifeguard.

When you swim face down, everyone jumps out from the pool in disgust.

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#810055 Nov 22, 2012
brown eyes wrote:
<quoted text>When you were born they slapped the doctor for delivering you.
When you were born, the hospital called a local Exterminator.
You escaped.
krissy

Tacoma, WA

#810056 Nov 22, 2012
brown eyes wrote:
<quoted text>Someone said you liked sh*t sandwiches. I said I know that's a damn lie, you don't like bread.
lmfao

Well played
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#810057 Nov 22, 2012
brown eyes wrote:
<quoted text>President Obama was babtized into the United Church of Christ denomination and formally joined in 1998. He left the UCC in 2008. He now worships with a Southern Babtist Pastor at Camp David.
President Obama is a practicing Christian.
"Babtist"?
krissy

Tacoma, WA

#810058 Nov 22, 2012
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
Your home's doorknobs are better suited to your poop-chute than my plumber's snake....
You want to put your snake in his poop-chute????

Freaky!
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#810059 Nov 22, 2012
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
Whenever I read one of your juvenile posts, I am reminded that the problem with the gene pool is that there's no lifeguard.
When you swim face down, everyone jumps out from the pool in disgust.
Give "brown eyes" a break. People like him can't make it through life without the government holding their hand and wiping their ass. Be happy that you are better than that.
krissy

Tacoma, WA

#810060 Nov 22, 2012
Impeach Mullah Obama wrote:
<quoted text>Ever tried to cook a live one, stupid?
lol lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch...

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#810061 Nov 22, 2012
brown eyes wrote:
<quoted text>US Senate can be as stubborn as US Congress whose main objective was to see that President Obama did not win a second term. Paybacks are hell. President Obama has tax to grind with the super wealthy and pen in hand.
So why did you just post the bills blocked by Republicans?
David lane

Fort Wayne, IN

#810062 Nov 22, 2012
Sister Kathryn Lust wrote:
<quoted text>Eventually, pal, it'll be a brown world.
Let the wailing and gnashing of teeth begin.......
(Get a life.)
Happy Thanksgiving, and may the turkey put you to sleep for at least 24 hours.
:)
what a sad day that would be.14words.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 4 min Cakez5956 62,367
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 1 hr Coffee Party 231,247
News Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 1 hr TRD 71,244
News Scientists say they have proved climate change ... (Dec '08) 1 hr Patriot AKA Bozo 7,969
Chicagoland bartenders and waitresses NEVER hug... 10 hr Tourism warning 1
last post wins! (Dec '10) 12 hr They cannot kill ... 2,764
last post wins! (Apr '13) 12 hr They cannot kill ... 1,977

Chicago Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages