Barack Obama, our next President

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ... Full Story
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#809417 Nov 21, 2012
Nov. 4: Israel killed a mentally ill Palestinian walking near the Israeli-imposed “no-go zone” inside the Gaza Strip -- an event that triggered a rocket from Gaza into southern Israel, which did not cause any deaths or injuries.

· Nov. 8: Four Israeli military tanks and a bulldozer entered Gaza, fatally shooting a 13-year-old boy who had been playing soccer by his family’s house.

· Nov. 10: In retaliation, two rockets were fired from Gaza into southern Israel, and an anti-tank missile injured four soldiers, when it hit an Israeli army jeep that had crossed over into the territory. Meanwhile, the Palestinian Center for Human Rights reported the killing of five more Palestinians, four of whom were civilians – including two soccer players age 16 and 17 and two young men (18 and 19) who ran to the scene. Forty-nine others were wounded, including 10 children.

· Nov. 11: Amid talks of a truce, six more Palestinians (all but one were civilians) were wounded and another was killed by both air strikes and troops on the ground.

http://www.alternet.org/4-most-common-myths-a...
FreeduhmofKetchu ppeeps

Somerset, KY

#809418 Nov 21, 2012
leosnana wrote:
<quoted text>Come on, Methmouth, you really should have learned to spell secede correctly by now. You been there long enough to have joined the Confederacy after it lost? ASHLEY JUDD ROCKS!
Wrong side for my raising snotta. Sorry for you about about your ancient history mistake.

But ah do like Charlie Daniels...and his REAL talent on the fiddle.

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#809420 Nov 21, 2012
Sister Kathryn Lust wrote:
<quoted text>I'll readily admit to total ignorance of how he constructed ours - but I'm happy to ask him about pitfalls he encountered in the process, and get back to you.
Did the quote you received include installation? Some friends of ours purchased one for about $750, and installed it themselves. Not sure from which company. I'll ask if you like.
No, that was for a kit you build yourself.
Nightchalker

Lansing, MI

#809421 Nov 21, 2012
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Another dumbf*ck right whiner who thinks this entire mess was caused because banks could not discriminate against minorties.
My God, you are one dumb SOB.
Your post verily DRIPS with RACISM, you automatically ASSume that the people who got those loans THAT CRASHED were "minorities"!

wtf???

How do you know it was not all "hillbillies" re-financing trailers???

Your God, you are a narrow minded p o s.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#809422 Nov 21, 2012
Forreal wrote:
He forgot this.

http://georgewbush-whitehouse.archives.gov/ne...

And this....

Statement of Administration Policy: H.R. 1461 - Federal Housing Finance Reform Act of 2005

"The Administration strongly believes that the housing GSEs should be focused on their core housing mission, particularly with respect to low-income Americans and first-time homebuyers. Instead, provisions of H.R. 1461 that expand mortgage purchasing authority would lessen the housing GSEs' commitment to low-income homebuyers."

http://www.presidency.ucsb.edu/ws/index.php...
TheIndependentMa jority

Somerset, KY

#809423 Nov 21, 2012
mdbuilder wrote:
<quoted text>
Hillary is a tough act to follow, I nominate Al Franken or Jesse Jackson Jr...... maybe Debbi Wasaman Shultz, they all have something unique to offer.
Or how about Rosie O'donnell, Cagney and Lacey or, or Wonderwoman and/or Spiderman!!!
TSM

El Paso, TX

#809424 Nov 21, 2012
<quoted text>Neither the First, nor the Second Amendments support your ideas. Neither do I. As an American citizen, I cherish my rights to bear arms and speak my mind - if you don't wish to carry a gun, don't. If you don't care to listen to 'hate talk' CHANGE THE CHANNEL or TURN THE RADIO OFF.
There are many other countries in which these rights are not recognized. If the rest of your countrymen having them bothers you, find another country. America will not divest itself of our rights, to make you feel better.
Well said!! Wish you and your Family a Happy Thanksgiving
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#809425 Nov 21, 2012
<quoted text>I don't.
And remember that when you decide to forgo purchasing catastrophic care insurance, and are diagnosed with cancer - don't expect or force me to pay for your medical care either,'k?
Imagine a person being so obsessed about whether a woman takes contraceptives or not?
That argument "as long as I don't pay for it" doesn't hold any water, yet they keep repeating it like parrots.
Everyone pays for everything in insurance; everyone pays for everything with taxes. No one gets to pick and choose.
Why is that so difficult to comprehend?

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#809426 Nov 21, 2012
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope, you are a liar.
So, you either you don't have sex, had a vasectomy, or believe that the sole responsibility on contraception lies with the woman.
"liar" and "stupid" are two different things.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#809427 Nov 21, 2012
John Feehery, a veteran Republican strategist, has a blunt message for his party: It’s time to stand up to “the Rush Limbaughs of the world.”

Taking aim at conservative talk show hosts, Feehery tells me in a video interview,“we cannot be cowed by them. When they say things that are culturally insensitive and stupid, we need to go after them.”

Limbaugh and Sean Hannity, among others, have a strong following on the right. But Feehery, a former House GOP official, says there is too much “inflammatory” rhetoric:“We can have honest, open discussions about the future of the country without unnecessarily jabbing our fingers in the eyes of Hispanic voters, African-American voters, Asian voters.”

What do voters think, Feehery asks,“when they hear right-wing luminaries say things that are completely outrageous and offensive, and you don’t stand up?” He also says some conservatives should knock off the “racial undertones” in criticizing President Obama.

Feehery believed Mitt Romney was going to win, but now says “he made so many mistakes during the campaign that were self-inflicted errors,” including the infamous 47 percent comment.

“We had a flawed candidate; we have a flawed party,” says Feehery.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2012/11...
Impeach Obama

Virginia Beach, VA

#809428 Nov 21, 2012
Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
No female will ever get testicular cancer so why should they pay for it? Do you refuse to fund ovarian cancer?
I'm glad my premiums cover cancer. Cancer is a disease, not an "inconvenience" like getting pregnant. I don't think my premiums should cover a procedure just because she made a stupid decision then doesn't want the hassle of raising a kid. How a bout this, let her take the guy who knocked her up to court and make him pay for her abortion the way fathers are required to make child-support payments. If he still wants to keep boinking her, let him pay for her damn birth control too.
Nightchalker

Lansing, MI

#809430 Nov 21, 2012
lily boca raton fl wrote:
Nov. 4: Israel killed a mentally ill Palestinian walking near the Israeli-imposed “no-go zone” inside the Gaza Strip -- an event that triggered a rocket from Gaza into southern Israel, which did not cause any deaths or injuries.
· Nov. 8: Four Israeli military tanks and a bulldozer entered Gaza, fatally shooting a 13-year-old boy who had been playing soccer by his family’s house.
· Nov. 10: In retaliation, two rockets were fired from Gaza into southern Israel, and an anti-tank missile injured four soldiers, when it hit an Israeli army jeep that had crossed over into the territory. Meanwhile, the Palestinian Center for Human Rights reported the killing of five more Palestinians, four of whom were civilians – including two soccer players age 16 and 17 and two young men (18 and 19) who ran to the scene. Forty-nine others were wounded, including 10 children.
· Nov. 11: Amid talks of a truce, six more Palestinians (all but one were civilians) were wounded and another was killed by both air strikes and troops on the ground.
http://www.alternet.org/4-most-common-myths-a...
I see what you mean, Israel is showing a GREAT deal of restraint!

They COULD stomp around there like Goddamn-zilla, wipe hamas and hizbola OUT, but they have not!

I find that amazing, since hizbola and hamas would kill every Israeli in a heartbeat if they had the chance!
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#809432 Nov 21, 2012
Nightchalker wrote:
<quoted text>Your post verily DRIPS with RACISM, you automatically ASSume that the people who got those loans THAT CRASHED were "minorities"!
wtf???
Last June, I issued a challenge to everyone involved in the housing industry to help increase the number of minority families to be home owners. And what I'm talking about, I'm talking about your bankers and your brokers and developers, as well as members of faith-based community and community programs. And the response to the home owners challenge has been very strong and very gratifying. Twenty-two public and private partners have signed up to help meet our national goal. Partners in the mortgage finance industry are encouraging homeownership by purchasing more loans made by banks to African Americans, Hispanics and other minorities.

http://georgewbush-whitehouse.archives.gov/ne...

So what does that sound like?
Nightchalker

Lansing, MI

#809433 Nov 21, 2012
sonicfilter wrote:
John Feehery, a veteran Republican strategist, has a blunt message for his party: It’s time to stand up to “the Rush Limbaughs of the world.”
Taking aim at conservative talk show hosts, Feehery tells me in a video interview,“we cannot be cowed by them. When they say things that are culturally insensitive and stupid, we need to go after them.”
Limbaugh and Sean Hannity, among others, have a strong following on the right. But Feehery, a former House GOP official, says there is too much “inflammatory” rhetoric:“We can have honest, open discussions about the future of the country without unnecessarily jabbing our fingers in the eyes of Hispanic voters, African-American voters, Asian voters.”
What do voters think, Feehery asks,“when they hear right-wing luminaries say things that are completely outrageous and offensive, and you don’t stand up?” He also says some conservatives should knock off the “racial undertones” in criticizing President Obama.
Feehery believed Mitt Romney was going to win, but now says “he made so many mistakes during the campaign that were self-inflicted errors,” including the infamous 47 percent comment.
“We had a flawed candidate; we have a flawed party,” says Feehery.
http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2012/11...
"FLAWED"?????

Fkn romney was a damned cardboard cutout!!!
TheIndependentMa jority

Somerset, KY

#809434 Nov 21, 2012
<quoted text>
Imagine a person being so obsessed about whether a woman takes contraceptives or not?
That argument "as long as I don't pay for it" doesn't hold any water, yet they keep repeating it like parrots.
Everyone pays for everything in insurance; everyone pays for everything with taxes. No one gets to pick and choose.
Yep---time for some dem dar slackertic fweerider types ta start paying for some of the ones that actually DO have to pay for everything out of pocket.

Start ponying up and contributing slackertics-your FWEEDUHM riding days are over!!!

(CHRISTIE ROCKS-pay up for what you've drained, yewneyon slackers!!)
Impeach Obama

Virginia Beach, VA

#809435 Nov 21, 2012
Nightchalker wrote:
<quoted text>Your post verily DRIPS with RACISM, you automatically ASSume that the people who got those loans THAT CRASHED were "minorities"!
wtf???
In RealDumb's world, anybody that doesn't want to pay the way for people on welfare or who don't completely support Obama are racists. Anybody who doesn't want to pay for "abortion on demand" hates women. Anybody who finds anal sex between two men distasteful is a homophobe.
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#809436 Nov 21, 2012
Natalie Khawam, Jill Kelley's Twin Sister, Gives Press Conference With Gloria Allred (VIDEO)

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/11/20/nata...

She loves math!!! What a hoot.
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#809437 Nov 21, 2012
TheIndependentMajority wrote:
<quoted text>
Yep---time for some dem dar slackertic fweerider types ta start paying for some of the ones that actually DO have to pay for everything out of pocket.
Start ponying up and contributing slackertics-your FWEEDUHM riding days are over!!!
(CHRISTIE ROCKS-pay up for what you've drained, yewneyon slackers!!)
Gobble Gobble! Why should I have to pay for your mental illness?
TheIndependentMa jority

Somerset, KY

#809438 Nov 21, 2012
Nightchalker wrote:
<quoted text>I see what you mean, Israel is showing a GREAT deal of restraint!
They COULD stomp around there like Goddamn-zilla, wipe hamas and hizbola OUT, but they have not!
I find that amazing, since hizbola and hamas would kill every Israeli in a heartbeat if they had the chance!
Be like digging for worms in the manure pile--finding all the terrorist parasite types hidden within the masses.

But maybe the SANE and rational will stand stronger that have to live with the daily violence, will start to take offence at the terrorist and hater types and say "enough", and start turning over the anarchist and war mongers among them, for civil actions of recourse!!

PEACEFUL DEMOCRACY FOR Israel and it's people-NOT against it!!
Nightchalker

Lansing, MI

#809439 Nov 21, 2012
<quoted text>
Now that "taxes" AND "insurance" have been combined into obammacare the debate is OVER!!!

We ALL pay, and we ALL get, whatever it is that we MIGHT need!

None of that pesky, bothersome, picking and choosing.

Actuary tables will do the picking and choosing FOR (to) us!

Is that how it works?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Abby 10-30 30 min PEllen 6
Amy 10-30 32 min Sublime1 4
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 35 min Always Smile 4,813
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 39 min PEllen 98,529
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 54 min Chicagoan by Birth 179,640
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 1 hr Poof1 50,750
Song Titles Only (group/artist in parenthesis m... (Mar '10) 1 hr RJS 7,829
Chicago Dating
Find my Match

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]