Barack Obama, our next President

Full story: Hampton Roads Daily Press

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...
Comments
748,201 - 748,220 of 1,083,581 Comments Last updated 4 min ago

“I'm here with bells on.”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2012

Judged:

shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
Meth Labs are illegal.
Voice of experience?

My business is completely legal, while I myself am licensed, and bonded.

Next.

“I'm here with bells on.”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2012

Judged:

John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
One need not be religious to have a moral code.
Agreed.
We find common ground.

Now if we could just agree that women should be left to make our own medical decisions, we might be getting somewhere.

:)
John Galt

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2012

Judged:

Sister Kathryn Lust wrote:
<quoted text> They're made to customer specs - just don't order veggies. Their ingredients are top quality - I recommend them highly for those pressed for time.
My favorite pizza joint is my kitchen. Hubby built me a delightful pizza oven a couple years ago. I just adore that man.
Few people have a pizza oven.
Realtime

Deltona, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2012

Judged:

John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Temecula and Lake Elsinore are two completely different worlds with respect to the real estate market (and just about everything else).
Kinda like Reading and Lanc-aster?
John Galt

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2012

Judged:

Sister Kathryn Lust wrote:
<quoted text>Agreed.
We find common ground.
Now if we could just agree that women should be left to make our own medical decisions, we might be getting somewhere.
I agree with that as well. My only disagreement is with being forced to pay for your choices.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2012

Judged:

John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Your source urges pushing social conservatism over fiscal conservatism, making him a mole for the Democrat Party.
Seems to me he's just tired of the present GOP 'message' that's kept Obama in the WH.
proud2bwhite

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2012

lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
What a load. A doctor writes a prescription, patient brings it to be filled. The pharmacists job is to fill it, not preach and judge others and impose his beliefs on others. When does it end with you wingnuts?
I would have to guess that you would also demand that every store be forced to sell mad dog as well so you won't have to waddle any farther than needed.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2012

Judged:

Zew wrote:
<quoted text>
His incompetence is a major, unforgivable scandal. Worse than any that the USA has seen or heard of.
One cannot forgive a president of the USA and those Americans who voted him...USA of all countries...for being so INCOMPETENT.
Obama is mindnumbing to those who know that he is an orator, nothing more, like many of his Luo brothers up in Kenya.
Obama is a Luo.
Now that's the kind of BS that will help a conservative win an election.

LMAO

FOX rhetoric lost. Get over it.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2012

Since: May 11

Fayetteville, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2012

Judged:

shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
Links.
http://votesmart.org/candidate/key-votes/2634...

“Seriously Misguided Democrat”

Since: Oct 12

Chicago Thugtown

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2012

Judged:

OldRaider wrote:
<quoted text>
How you doing old goober. I can always tell you're back on Topix even before I get to your post because the Judge-its numbers go into the teens with your multiple sign-ins.
So you're distancing yourself from Romney as of Nov 7?? Something tells me an insecure moron like you that signs in under multiple avatars just to stroke himself would be riding the Romney train today if he would have won.
Interesting that you call me an idiot for supporting Obama and you threw your vote in the shitter for Gary Johnson. How did that work for you?
Hehehe
Hehe...

Clueless old goober. Want some whine with that cheese? Didn't you whine that someone was deleting your judgeits? That is not possible, moron.

Last time, you also whined to the moderator like a little baby libtard. What a tough guy! Shoot & kills defensless animanls but whines to the mod about someone picking on you!

Hehe...

Now go complain, little girl (in an old codgers body/whitey).

Hehe...

“Seriously Misguided Democrat”

Since: Oct 12

Chicago Thugtown

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2012

Hehe...
proud2bwhite

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2012

Judged:

flack wrote:
<quoted text> Maybe we should ask the Muslim taxi drivers who won't pick up people who have been drinking or even have alcohol on them. Who won't pick up people with dogs.
if you did that the libs like lilly woud be screaming that their right to religous freedom was being taken away.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2012

Republicans Desperately Need a Scandal

Paul Waldman explains why Republicans have gone batshit crazy over Benghazi:...

Yep. They're just convinced that Obama runs a gang of Chicago thugs who are lying and cheating behind the scenes at every opportunity. It's a foundational story on the tea-party right. Unfortunately, the reality is that whatever else you think of Obama, he's one of the straightest arrows we've had in the White House since....forever. He runs a tight ship organizationally, and on a personal level he's so intolerant of personal peccadilloes that he sometimes seems almost inhuman. It would be astonishing if he could actually avoid a serious scandal for an entire eight-year term, but if anyone can do it, it's probably Obama.

And yes, it's driving Republicans crazy. Even the ones who don't want to impeach him at least want to bring him down to earth a bit. So they latch onto anything they can. It's all starting to seem kind of desperate, but I doubt they're going to let that stop them. After all, it eventually worked against Clinton.

http://www.motherjones.com/kevin-drum/2012/11...
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2012

The desperate search for a legitimate Obama scandal

Nixon had Watergate; Reagan had Iran-Contra; Clinton had Lewinsky; Bush had more scandals than he knew what to do with (Plame, US Attorney purge, torture, etc.); and Obama just isn't cooperating in the scandal department. His critics aren't wearing their desperation well.

I'd just add one thing to keep in mind going forward: the boy who cried wolf didn't do himself any favors. For Republicans to scream "Watergate!" and set their hair on fire every time there's even a hint of a controversy that kinda sorta might involve the administration, they're undermining their own credibility.

With this in mind, if/when there's a legitimate scandal involving the Obama White House, and Republicans once again go berserk, there will be plenty of folks who simply roll their eyes, tired of the faux outrage and manufactured controversies that never pan out. They'll say, "No, no, this time there really is a wolf," and many will respond, "We've heard it all before."

http://maddowblog.msnbc.com/_news/2012/11/16/...
Realtime

Deltona, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2012

Judged:

FOX news Jonathan Hunt just noted that the Israeli tanks are "obviously armored." Who knew eh?

Shep Smith, sitting in NYC guesses that since Hillary has just arrived and there hasn't been an explosion in at least an hour that peace is eminent in Israel. That fkn Shep is a real genius, just ask the Haitians who kidnapped his azz and then sold it back.

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2012

John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Many people feel trapped. They can afford their monthly mortgage payments, but cannot afford the loss involved in selling.
Your observation is probably correct, but prices will recover faster in markets where supply is more limited. New home prices here have been escalating at a significant rate in the last six months, largely because there is a very small supply.
California's always the confounding data point. It amazes me that water hasn't choked their growth completely. When I lived out there Temecula was just starting to develop in earnest. I imagine its wall to wall suburbia in the inland valley nowadays.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2012

sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
Seems to me he's just tired of the present GOP 'message' that's kept Obama in the WH.
Winning for the sake of winning is of little value.
TSM

El Paso, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2012

Judged:

sonicfilter wrote:
What Benghazi Is about: Scandal Envy
Republicans are livid that Obama hasn't had his major scandal yet.
....some Republicans, particularly John McCain and Lindsay Graham, are essentially saying that this horrifying cover-up was quite possibly the greatest crime in the history of the United States government, and if we're going to get to the bottom of it nothing short of a select committee—a "Watergate-style committee," as it is being referred to by reporters—will do. Who knows what it might uncover? Were there CIA whistleblowers whose bodies are now lying at the bottom of the Potomac? Was David Petraeus being blackmailed? Are William Ayers and Jeremiah Wright involved? Did Susan Rice fly to Tripoli, have a steamy liaison with a clone of Ayman al-Zawahiri created in a secret underground laboratory, then go to Benghazi where she personally killed Ambassador Chris Stevens with a hat pin? We won't know unless we spin this out into a multi-week story!
So what's going on here? I can sum it up in two words: scandal envy. Republicans are indescribably frustrated by the fact that Barack Obama, whom they regard as both illegitimate and corrupt, went through an entire term without a major scandal. They tried with "Fast and Furious," but that turned out to be small potatoes. They tried with Solyndra, but that didn't produce the criminality they hoped for either. Obama even managed to dole out three-quarters of a trillion dollars in stimulus money without any graft or double-dealing to be found. Nixon had Watergate, Reagan had Iran-Contra, Clinton had Lewinsky, and Barack Obama has gotten off scott-free. This is making them absolutely livid, and they're going to keep trying to gin up a scandal, even if there's no there there. Benghazi may not be an actual scandal, but it's all they have handy.
https://prospect.org/article/what-benghazi-ab...
I guess four dead Americans is not a Scandal? I guess how you perceive it, that these individuals happen to be in the wrong place at the wrong time… just a stroke of bad Luck…Right!! Now Holder is not only incompetent but whatever he’s involve with there are usually dead bodies left behind from Ruby Ridge, Waco, the latest Fast and Furious!! Because Obama’s is President we should just ignore it… Not Cool Asking Questions!!

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2012

Judged:

John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree with that as well. My only disagreement is with being forced to pay for your choices.
I'm forced to pay for the choices of those who make a steady diet out of Big-Macs and Big Gulps with no attendant tax offset.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

93 Users are viewing the Chicago Forum right now

Search the Chicago Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 5 min TRD 68,057
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 5 min wojar 175,107
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 10 min litesong 45,890
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 16 min SamBee 68,439
IL Who do you support for Governor in Illinois in ... (Oct '10) 28 min The Dog 3,847
Obama, Emanuel Need to Put Chicago's Kids First 33 min reality is a crutch 1
4 Chicago cops from unit at center of scandal a... 39 min reality is a crutch 1
Amy 7-30 54 min PEllen 19
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 1 hr PEllen 97,577
•••
•••
Chicago Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Chicago Jobs

•••