Barack Obama, our next President

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ... Full Story
no war 4 israel USA 1st

Chicago, IL

#809243 Nov 20, 2012
Anonymous of Indy wrote:
<quoted text>
Attempts at repeal
According to historian Glenn W. LaFantasie of Western Kentucky University, "ever since 1985, when Ronald Reagan was serving in his second term as president, there have been repeated attempts to repeal the 22nd Amendment; this proposal has failed repeatedly in Congress, although it is still introduced over and over again." In addition, several Democratic congressmen, including Rep. Barney Frank, Rep. Josť Serrano, Rep. Howard Berman, and Sen. Harry Reid, have introduced legislation to repeal the Twenty-second Amendment, but each resolution died before making it out of its respective committee. Other alterations have been proposed, including replacing the absolute two term limit with a limit of no more than two consecutive terms and giving Congress the power to grant a dispensation to a current or former president by way of a supermajority vote in both houses.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Twenty-second_Am...
interesting stuff .

“life under BO”

Since: Sep 12

buena vista

#809244 Nov 20, 2012
Sister Kathryn Lust wrote:
<quoted text>Geez, grumpy much?
It's not ABOUT 'wanting' to, it's about knowing what is necessary, and what is equitable. Being an American Citizen is a privilege - not a right. With great privilege, comes great responsibility.
Id guess you and 'personal responsibility' barely have a passing acquaintance.
My mistake, shuta you face, Petunia
Lily Boca Raton Fl

Boca Raton, FL

#809245 Nov 20, 2012
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>Bah, I can't even see any of my neighbors, they could paint their houses purple for all I care and park boats on top of their RV's. It's a free country, you country club Republicans living in your cookie cutter houses want to control everything.
Control freaks don't need a hoa, they memorize the codes and call the city for everything that irks them.
These people are sick in the head. Galt is one of those types
no war 4 israel USA 1st

Chicago, IL

#809246 Nov 20, 2012
sage won wrote:
<quoted text>
some nameless fleabagging welfare douche.
as oppose to you a low IQ racist republican . A loser really
Carter

Pompano Beach, FL

#809247 Nov 20, 2012
Lily Boca Raton Fl wrote:
<quoted text>
Alzheimer's
People who voted for Obama
Lily Boca Raton Fl

Boca Raton, FL

#809248 Nov 20, 2012
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>The US Embassy is in Tripoli, and the American security detail which included G Doherty (SEAL) was in Tripoli. The Ambassador was +/- 400 miles away without any security beyond that of the Blue Mountain Group.
What do you find rhetorical???
The consulate was a cover for a CIA base__is there some part of that that your dumb azz doesn't understand?
That poster is one of the good guys, just sayin,
He /she is not dumb
Carter

Pompano Beach, FL

#809249 Nov 20, 2012
<quoted text>
Control freaks don't need a hoa, they memorize the codes and call the city for everything that irks them.
These people are sick in the head. Galt is one of those types
Thanks for sharing your drinking problem.

Since: Nov 09

Traverse City, MI

#809250 Nov 20, 2012
Nightchalker wrote:
<quoted text>AHOY RAIDER!!!
Now that Obamma has won, you would'nt happen to know what he has planned for the country?
I've heard a bunch of general stuff but nothing specific.
As a former Army Paratrooper and the proud son of a Marine, I have the UTMOST RESPECT for a RAIDER (I actually KNOW what that is, well, WAS.), be that as it may, you seem to know your stuff and I would be gratefull for any usefull information.
(this is an honest attempt at a conversation and I have no desire to trade insults with a RAIDER!)
(even Paratroopers ain't THAT dumb)
Thanks for being civil, unusual concept here. I don't pretend to know what Obama has planned, I was more worried about what Romney SAID he was going to do.
Be careful sharing anything personal here, these vultures are waiting to pick anything you say about yourself apart. I started out like you, just interested in bouncing thoughts off others and trying to understand where the other side was coming from. But on here if you turn the other cheek, you get hit with the other hand.
Carter

Pompano Beach, FL

#809251 Nov 20, 2012
<quoted text>
That poster is one of the good guys, just sayin,
He /she is not dumb
Many people believe he was actually referring to YOU. I agree.
TheIndependentMa jority

Somerset, KY

#809252 Nov 20, 2012
One for Homer--

(Who ever told you Hostess didn't make Devil Dogs H--was either lying- or as usual-utterly IGNORANT.)

Latest on Hostess-
The ailing company, which also makes Wonder Bread and Drake's cakes, sought permission from bankruptcy court on Monday to liquidate its business, claiming that its operations were crippled by the bakers' strike and that winding down was the best way to preserve its dwindling cash.

Sounds like we Hostess chocolate lovers are outa luck for awhile Homer!
TheIndependentMa jority

Somerset, KY

#809253 Nov 20, 2012
Carter wrote:
<quoted text> People who voted for Obama
and who have no clue about Devil Dogs!!(boy was somebody WRONG WRONG WRONG lol)
TheIndependentMa jority

Somerset, KY

#809254 Nov 20, 2012
OldRaider wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks for being civil, unusual concept here. I don't pretend to know what Obama has planned, I was more worried about what Romney SAID he was going to do.
Be careful sharing anything personal here, these vultures are waiting to pick anything you say about yourself apart. I started out like you, just interested in bouncing thoughts off others and trying to understand where the other side was coming from. But on here if you turn the other cheek, you get hit with the other hand.
Some pretty nasty ones around (talk about wilted tossed saladuh in the headuh!) huh.

Heya's hoping Hostess reorginizes!!

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#809255 Nov 20, 2012
OldRaider wrote:
<quoted text>
Good on ya - both! Think I told the story about a local old fart who I've taken care of as a patient. Sits at the Romney table at the local restaurant for coffee. Never speaks to me when he's there with the fellas. Stopped me uptown one day and asked how I was doing. Said he still "liked me as a person," but would never be able to talk to me when he was with Rusty (ring leader at their table). We saw him at lunch today (sitting by himself) and had a really nice political conversation with him, discussing issues and what we would like to see happen in the US of A in the next four years. He sure hates Obama, but loves this country like the rest of us.

Why is civility a surprise?
TheIndependentMa jority

Somerset, KY

#809256 Nov 20, 2012
Has Diane Fienstien been nominated for Secretary of State yet?

Diane Fienstien for Secretary of State!
Government FOR the people of the USA again-NOT against it!!
no war 4 israel USA 1st

Chicago, IL

#809257 Nov 20, 2012
TheIndependentMajority wrote:
Has Diane Fienstien been nominated for Secretary of State yet?
Diane Fienstien for Secretary of State!
Government FOR the people of the USA again-NOT against it!!
She's Jewish . Why would a overwhelmingly Christian nation have a Jewish secretary of state ?
TheIndependentMa jority

Somerset, KY

#809258 Nov 20, 2012
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>The US Embassy is in Tripoli, and the American security detail which included G Doherty (SEAL) was in Tripoli. The Ambassador was +/- 400 miles away without any security beyond that of the Blue Mountain Group.
What do you find rhetorical???
The consulate was a cover for a CIA base__is there some part of that that your dumb azz doesn't understand?
1.Why were special ops security pulled out just weeks before the Septemeber terrorist attack (not the JUNE terrorist attack, the September 11 attack.)

2.Why were repeated request for enhanced security based on the obvious apparent terrorist activitiesand black flags waving, disregarded and/or ignored?

3. Why was such blatant DISinformation publisized nationally, to US citizens, rather than the truth, of WTH had been going on in Libya?

Foreign Policy FAILURE.
TheIndependentMa jority

Somerset, KY

#809259 Nov 20, 2012
no war 4 israel USA 1st wrote:
<quoted text>She's Jewish . Why would a overwhelmingly Christian nation have a Jewish secretary of state ?
Oh geez, I thought she was an American, with some actual patriotic concern and compassion for other Americans serving America.

Did you know Hostess makes Drake Devil Dogs?
Imagine that...boy are Homer and I in trouble lol.
no war 4 israel USA 1st

Chicago, IL

#809260 Nov 20, 2012
TheIndependentMajority wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh geez, I thought she was an American, with some actual patriotic concern and compassion for other Americans serving America.
Did you know Hostess makes Drake Devil Dogs?
Imagine that...boy are Homer and I in trouble lol.
well no, actually she's Jewish . No Jew can be a REAL American .
You want her to be the secretary of state so she can throw some weight in support of Israel not America .

She's pro choice partial birth abortionist who has millions of unborn Americans blood on her hands ..

“life under BO”

Since: Sep 12

buena vista

#809263 Nov 20, 2012
no war 4 israel USA 1st wrote:
<quoted text>as oppose to me a low IQ racist nazi . i'm a A loser really
i c
no war 4 israel USA 1st

Chicago, IL

#809264 Nov 20, 2012
sage won wrote:
<quoted text>
i suck
Right on !!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 6 min Guru 181,949
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 1 hr Patriot AKA Bozo 49,255
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 2 hr KiMare 51,267
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 2 hr Yumpin Yimminy 68,897
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 3 hr Frijoles 71,138
French researchers find new strain of HIV virus... (Aug '09) 3 hr dango64 6
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 3 hr PEllen 98,858
Chicago Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]