Barack Obama, our next President

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ... Full Story
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#809146 Nov 20, 2012
Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
California's always the confounding data point. It amazes me that water hasn't choked their growth completely. When I lived out there Temecula was just starting to develop in earnest. I imagine its wall to wall suburbia in the inland valley nowadays.
Mid-to-high end "suburbia" with minimal town house or apartment development. Mostly planned communities with HOAs that prevent ugly sprawl.

Temecula is really too far from either the LA basin or San Diego to be a true suburb. Still lots of open land beginning with the wineries and beyond. Really a very nice place.
Realtime

Deltona, FL

#809147 Nov 20, 2012
TSM wrote:
<quoted text>
I guess four dead Americans is not a Scandal? I guess how you perceive it, that these individuals happen to be in the wrong place at the wrong time… just a stroke of bad Luck…Right!! Now Holder is not only incompetent but whatever he’s involve with there are usually dead bodies left behind from Ruby Ridge, Waco, the latest Fast and Furious!! Because Obama’s is President we should just ignore it… Not Cool Asking Questions!!
Why was US Ambassador to Libya Christopher Stephens in Benghazi on September 11 2012???

Tell us why.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#809148 Nov 20, 2012
Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm forced to pay for the choices of those who make a steady diet out of Big-Macs and Big Gulps with no attendant tax offset.
Perhaps, but you don't pay directly for the burgers.

Within limits, genetics have a lot more to do with health than does diet.

“I'm here with bells on.”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#809149 Nov 20, 2012
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Few people have a pizza oven.
A regular oven works fine for cooking pizza - I just have a better than average husband, and he likes it brick-oven style.

You really are a glass-half-empty kinda guy, John.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#809150 Nov 20, 2012
TSM wrote:
<quoted text>
I guess four dead Americans is not a Scandal? I guess how you perceive it, that these individuals happen to be in the wrong place at the wrong time… just a stroke of bad Luck…Right!! Now Holder is not only incompetent but whatever he’s involve with there are usually dead bodies left behind from Ruby Ridge, Waco, the latest Fast and Furious!! Because Obama’s is President we should just ignore it… Not Cool Asking Questions!!
Ask away.

It's what got Mitt elected.

No, wait. He didn't win. Now how the heck can a FOXbot controversy be ignored by so many?

Maybe you should check one of the skewed/unskewed polls once in awhile. Seems the reality of the looming fiscal cliff is of more importance than a manufactured controversy. And we all know what the polls say about that: if it fails it belongs to the Republicans.

“I'm here with bells on.”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#809151 Nov 20, 2012
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree with that as well. My only disagreement is with being forced to pay for your choices.
I pay my own insurance premiums.
Problem solved.

:)

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#809152 Nov 20, 2012
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
To make that argument you'd have to assume that every time a woman has sex without contraception she'd get pregnant.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#809153 Nov 20, 2012
There would seem to be little connection between Nate Silver and Susan Rice, but hear me out. The New York Times electoral savant was said to be “controversial.” No one adduced a lick of factual evidence for why he should have been thought to be so, but people on the right just didn’t like his electoral predictions, so they tried to make him controversial. With respect to Rice, the U.S. ambassador to the United Nations, much the same is true. In reality land, she’s done nothing that ought to be considered all that controversial. But again, conservatives don’t like the outcome—Democrats having the upper hand on foreign policy and national security—so they’re trying to make her controversial.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2012/11...

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#809154 Nov 20, 2012
Sister Kathryn Lust wrote:
<quoted text>A regular oven works fine for cooking pizza - I just have a better than average husband, and he likes it brick-oven style.
You really are a glass-half-empty kinda guy, John.
Standard home ovens won't get hot enough to make a truly good pizza, how hot does your pizza oven get? I want one but the only real ones are commercial grade and who's got that kind of room in their kitchen?
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#809155 Nov 20, 2012
Razors Edge wrote:
<quoted text>
Surprise,Part time with no benefits,mostly female minium wage
if they are lucky and all caused by the seasonal Holiday glut
of hiring.......
good lord, is this 'conservatives make excuses' day?

though highly entertaining.
TSM

El Paso, TX

#809156 Nov 20, 2012
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>Why was US Ambassador to Libya Christopher Stephens in Benghazi on September 11 2012???
Tell us why.
That’s a question for Obama/Hillary, I’m sure he’ll decline to answer it because of an ongoing Investigation…Right?
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#809157 Nov 20, 2012
Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
Standard home ovens won't get hot enough to make a truly good pizza, how hot does your pizza oven get? I want one but the only real ones are commercial grade and who's got that kind of room in their kitchen?
Bah, who doesn't?
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#809158 Nov 20, 2012
Sister Kathryn Lust wrote:
<quoted text>I pay my own insurance premiums.
Problem solved.
:)
Your premiums are reduced because others are forced to pay for coverage that they do not want.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#809159 Nov 20, 2012
Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
pizza stone.

though i use graniteware which is almost as good.

Since: May 11

Loysville, PA

#809160 Nov 20, 2012
In our conversations about contraception, only women have sex & are responsible for contraception.

Men, evidently, have nothing to do with in.

The law says contraception needs to be available with out co-pay. It doesn't say free.

I am thinking that most of the "having a freakin fit about this" crowd also are pro-life.

You people do know that these things are related, right?

The number of abortions performed is inversely proportional to the availability of contraception.

I can't believe the right is this f*cking naive.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#809161 Nov 20, 2012
Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
To make that argument you'd have to assume that every time a woman has sex without contraception she'd get pregnant.
I was referring more to cancer and heart disease, both of which have significant genetic components.
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#809162 Nov 20, 2012
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Mid-to-high end "suburbia" with minimal town house or apartment development. Mostly planned communities with HOAs that prevent ugly sprawl.
Temecula is really too far from either the LA basin or San Diego to be a true suburb. Still lots of open land beginning with the wineries and beyond. Really a very nice place.
Ugh, HOAs. Ony a fcking moron would move into an HOA community or a friggin Communist. No self respecting conservative would move into an HOA community. Opologies if I have offended anyone other that John 'Nobama' Galt.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#809163 Nov 20, 2012
sonicfilter wrote:
There would seem to be little connection between Nate Silver and Susan Rice, but hear me out. The New York Times electoral savant was said to be “controversial.” No one adduced a lick of factual evidence for why he should have been thought to be so, but people on the right just didn’t like his electoral predictions, so they tried to make him controversial. With respect to Rice, the U.S. ambassador to the United Nations, much the same is true. In reality land, she’s done nothing that ought to be considered all that controversial. But again, conservatives don’t like the outcome—Democrats having the upper hand on foreign policy and national security—so they’re trying to make her controversial.
http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2012/11...
Susan Rice as Secretary of State will contribute to Obama's legacy of failure in every respect except winning elections.
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#809164 Nov 20, 2012
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
We all pay, no wait the ER is free. I keep forgetting. Bah, genetics? Since when do you backwood hillbilly rightwingers believe in science?
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#809165 Nov 20, 2012
In the WTF category....

State legislators in Michigan held a hearing on Tuesday to consider House Bills 5684 and 5685, which would allow taxpayers to receive tax relief for unborn fetuses past 12 weeks’ gestation. The proposed legislation is an odd push for Michigan Republicans, partly because Progress Michigan notes the state slashed tax credits for children last year — meaning that although parents living in Michigan do not qualify for additional tax breaks to offset the cost of caring for their own children, they could soon be able to claim a tax credit for an unborn fetus.

http://thinkprogress.org/health/2012/11/20/12...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 8 min JOEL 71,016
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 1 hr Rogue Scholar 05 181,831
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 1 hr Patriot AKA Bozo 49,203
New Beach Boys song. 3 hr The Beach Boys 1
Music Artists A to Z (Feb '14) 4 hr _Zoey_ 363
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 4 hr _Zoey_ 4,918
sex 6 hr rahul 1
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 8 hr Ralph 98,853
Chicago Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 11:39 am PST

Bleacher Report11:39AM
Complete Week 16 Preview for Indianapolis
NBC Sports12:33 PM
1 thing even Rahm can't fix: Da Bears - NBC Sports
NBC Sports 1:01 PM
Cowboys' Murray listed as questionable for Colts - NBC Sports
NBC Sports 8:26 AM
Report: Executives suggest Bears could have to attach a draft pick to move Cutler
Bleacher Report11:56 AM
Eagles vs. Redskins: Live Score and Analysis for Philadelphia